624 South 6th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19147Neighborhood:
South Street / Queen Village
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.creperie-beaumonde.com/
- Phone: 2155920656
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Friday : 12:00pm - 11:00pm Saturday: 10:00am - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm Sunday 10:00am -10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, French
- Executive Chef: David Salama
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Emily Wester 2155920656
- Entertainment: L'Etage is a floor above Beau Monde where we host monthly cabarets as well as weekly DJ nights on Fridays and Saturdays. The space transforms into a popular night club ideal for drinks and dancing after dinner at Beau Monde. L'Etage also caters events like weddings, graduation celebrations, and holiday parties.
A word from Beau Monde
Creperie Beau Monde is a perfect place to have brunch, lunch, dinner and drinks! We specialize in Crepes, but the menu also has plenty of appetizers, soups, and salads. Our romantic atmosphere is accommodating for that special date, your family (kids included), as well as large parties. The versatile menu has a wide range of prices that will agree with any budget.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Beau Monde - Best Restaurants in South Street / Queen Village ›
Beau Monde reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (59)neighborhood gem (54)fit for foodies (48)great for outdoor dining (45)romantic (38)special occasion (31)great for lunch (28)good for groups (24)kid-friendly (16)late-night find (6)hot spot (4)notable wine list (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Delicious, expensive crepesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/24/2014Beau Monde is a cute restaurant nestled just south of Washington Square. This was my first time here and I went with an out of town friend for Sunday brunch. We both ordered mimosas to start (original and blood orange), which were fabulous. Then we both got one of the specialty savory crepes that had avocado, poblano peppers, tomatoes, and eggs. The crepes were a good size - I ended up taking half of mine home. The only downside to this restaurant is the price. $18 for a savory crepe and $11 for a sweet crepe? I think they are overpriced for what you're getting. They could easily charge 25-40% less and still be considered pricey, but at a much more realistic price point that I would return for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feel like you are in BrittanyGreatExperienceVIPDined on 8/23/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience last weekend! I lived in the Brittany area of France 30 years ago and the food made me feel like I was re-living that fun and delicious time in my life. The French onion soup was rich and flavorful without having too much cheese overpowering it. Our gallettes (non-sweet crepes) were absolutely delicious and even with drinks the bill was very reasonable. Also loved the cider!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingrocktopotomusDined on 8/20/2014We ate here mid afternoon on a trip to Phili. We had an amazing time. the food was outstanding. We savored every bite, the savory crepe, the sweet crepe, the cheese plate, and even the bison burger were outrageously delicious. My wife later commented that she loved watching me eat because of the face of delight on my face. I cannot recommend this restaurant enough!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed!!!phk1121VIPDined on 8/1/2014We have been ging to Beau Monde for years but was VERY disappointed in the service and the food.
- Beau Mondedine2njoycultureDined on 8/1/2014Warm and welcoming. Attentive service. Excellent food. Delightful ambiance. Reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysHugoDined on 7/26/2014One of our favorite restaurants, but we make the trip only occasionally, for special events. Food was great, as usual, Service was friendly and helpful (though could have used faster refills of water glasses). When we arrived, the inside room was nearly full and very loud. Luckily, the weather was perfect and a table was available outside. We had a wonderful meal.Special Features:
- Romantic anniversary dinnerLucytowersDined on 7/26/2014Wonderful food service atmosphere. Perfect place for a rantic and memorable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something for everyone!PhillyphileDined on 7/26/2014Beau Monde's menu offers something for everyone. You won't find chicken nuggets and mac'n cheese but you'd have to be really picky to not find a crêpe you'll like. We've come here for several years and will keep returning. The savory crêpe might seem "small" but Beau Monde doesn't skimp on the fillings and you will NOT go hungry! I also really like the fact that customers are not rushed along. Service is prompt but not pushy. My only complaint is the noise level. We try to sit outside when the weather permits or come early (before 7) to avoid the crowd and noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crapes for dinnerWinoDined on 7/25/2014I will def. be back to Beau Monde for a happy hour because the cocktails were a stand out when I was there for dinner. This was a nice dinner for a date night. I enjoyed the fresh fruit in the cocktails and highly recommend them! You can order Savory or Sweet Crepes so I went with a scallop with spinach and it was great! The scallops were marinated in a very tasty See you again soon!Special Features:
- Bon temps @Beau MondeNickDined on 7/20/2014Lovely patio for brunch on a sunny Sunday morning in Philadelphia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotSherDined on 7/13/2014Great spot for brunch. Our party consisted of two babies with highchairs. As soon as I arrived, our table was all ready in the back (with space for our strollers). Excellent staff and the crepes are amazing!Special Features:
- Delicious crepesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/12/2014Beau Monde is great for crepes, both savory and sweet. We were there early on a Saturday in the summer, and the dining room was surprisingly quiet. That may have explained why our entrees came out too fast, as we were only halfway done our salads. I think they were bored in the kitchen. But the food was delicious! If you're looking for crepes, it's one of only a couple places in town.Special Features:
- now i get itWeekendFoodierDined on 6/29/2014Having heard about Beau Monde for years, it was great to finally go and experience for myself. For a casual Sunday brunch, the laid-back, ccid jazzy vibe of this creperie was perfect. The crepes were outstanding: fresh, light, and savory. The hip staff only added to the atmosphere. I recommend highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SunshineVIPDined on 6/26/2014Unfortunately our dining experience on this occasion was rather disappointing. As usual the food was excellent but on this night the service almost ruined a good meal. They were having computer problems and instead of the manager staying on top of the checks (there were only about 7 total tables) she was relying on the wait staff to do this task. Our waiter was pleasant but really needed to be better trained at service and spending more time attending to his tables and less time trying to hand total the bill. We had 3 crepes and 2 drinks so it was not tough. This process took 30 minutes. We had to eat our shared dessert crepe with spoons because we never saw the waiter again after taking our order. Not sure why they had a manager on duty.Special Features:
- Love this place!!LuckylisaDined on 6/26/2014Beau Monde continues to shine as a really fun place to enjoy a really great food experience! A lively atmosphere, great music! An accordian added such ambiance the night we were there!! How great!!!Special Features:
- Never disappoints!NickVIPDined on 6/24/2014Invariably delicious crepe-centric meals and desserts with something to please every palate. Great place for a leisurely cocktail, dinner and dessert, and summer brings sidewalk dining as an option. I love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely evening outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014My husband and I enjoyed a lovely dinner at Beau Monde. The service was wonderful. Everyone was warm and welcoming. The food was delicious. The salad was lightly dressed, enhancing the salad's flavor and not drowning it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paying for ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014We have dined here several times over the years. It's still a beautiful and romantic place to dine regardless of the time of day or season. Our server was charming and efficient. Depending on the day and time you can still get lucky with parking. Our entrees were pricey ( we were not surprised) and delicious but we were very disappointed with the tomato lemon grass soup, and considering that I have often spoken of their amazing Bloody Marys, I had a hard time believing there was any alcohol at all in our blueberry martini. ( and I'm a lightweight). I might still return for romance, but with all the local choices I will be tempted by other options.Special Features:
- Bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/15/2014We went there for Father's Day brunch. Surprisingly, it wasn't that busy-few tables occupied here and there. So, that couldn't explain why waitress took forever to come to take the order. Our appetizers were brought out by another waitress (drinks came long after that). Our main dishes were also brought out by someone else, and our waitress checked in with us once choosing that moment when we were chewing (I hate when they do that) and just nodded her off. We asked for a check, which she forgot to bring and had to turn around midway when she saw my husband looking at her. Instead of bringing it right away, she had to chat with her fellow colleagues for another couple of minutes before she made final delivery. Food is good, service - not!Special Features:
- Father's Day DinnerSandieDined on 6/14/2014Good place for small kids. Varied menu with choices for all. Parking was found near restaurant on the street. Great place if you want something a little different!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/14/2014Great and interesting salads. Dessert crepe a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PrimadonnadDined on 6/7/2014I had the lamb with Camembert. We also had creamed spinach and the shrimp. It was fantastic!Special Features:
- Good, but not very fillingKatyTDined on 6/7/2014Our crepes were good. The sweet one I had was not enough for a meal, should be dessert really. My hubbys was good and filling but had scrambled eggs in it. The bloody Marys were great though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy Inviting YummyMarlenieGSVIPDined on 6/1/2014We love the crepes at Beau Monde and very helpful staff - friendly. We brought the kids and celebrated a birthday - might be nice if there were a few more kid-friendly options.Special Features:
- Great brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014I've been dining here since 2007 and it's the same great place to dine. It's my little "secret" but it's really too good to keep to yourselfSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paris in the neighborhoodleelovesitalianDined on 5/20/2014A taste of Paris right in the neighborhood, this restaurant is truly a gem. I love the wine prices & the food is délicieux! Always a treat to dine al fresco, but the inside has a great vibe too.Special Features:
- Such good food, but....LadyBirdDined on 5/18/2014I am not exaggerating when I say that this is my favorite restaurant, pretty much ever. I have never had a bad experience here, and the food is always phenomenal. Until last night. The service was so awful that we actually complained, and I never complain about service. It was 20 minutes after being sat that we were even acknowledged by our server, and then another 25 minutes after that to receive our drinks (which was just a bottle of wine), another 25 minutes to get our appetizer and then 40 minutes after that to get our food. Not once did our waitress apologize for the wait, offer us another drink or blame it on the kitchen. She just ignored us. We watched tables come, eat and leave before we got food. Disappointing visit for us!Special Features:
- love this placeAdarkaraDined on 5/18/2014Beau Monde has the best crepes I've ever eaten. The Coq au Vin and beouf bourginon are phenomenal as is the hazelnut banana and nutella sweet crepe. Also has the best coffee!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French teacher approvedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/13/2014My colleague and I (both French teachers) had a lovely outdoor dinner here. The crêpes are delicious and authentic. I've had iffy service in the past, but on Tuesday evening the restaurant wasn't busy, we weren't in a hurry, and our waitress was friendly and prompt. The specials are also usually good. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/11/2014We had a nice experience though the service could have been better. I think they were a bit understaffed for mother's day. The hostess did not give us menus and one of the orders was messed up, which meant that one person was waiting for food while everybody else was almost done. However, the waitress was apologetic about it and very friendly. I think she just had too much on her plate. The crepes were very tasty and those at the table who had the mushroom soup loved it!Special Features:
- Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014Food was amazing (but I wouldn't get the Mexican crepe again…not a good combo). Service was okay - waitress was nice, but didn't check back very often due to high volume in restaurant. Bloody Mary's were exceptional! We will be back in hopes it was just Mother's Day craziness.Special Features:
- Crepes greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014Crepes were delicious. We had savory egg and ham crepes and egg, spinach and tomato crepes. Only issue I had was with the potatoes. I'm usually fine with any type of fried potatoes but these had an odd taste.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchJeffTrexlerVIPDined on 5/11/2014Delicious. Smoked trout with spinach absolutely wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still strong, but needs a refreshMikeDined on 5/3/2014We first dined at Beau Monde back in 2001 and used to visit frequently. We hadn't visited in about 7 years and were excited to return. The first thing I noticed is that the tables are more spaced out now; they used to be right up against each other. Not sure if this was a purposeful change or they just don't fill the dining room like they used to. We decided to dine outside, and the atmosphere was pleasant. As for the food, it's still great, but the menu hasn't changed much in a decade. I'm sure there are new items here and there, but I felt there could be something fresh and new. We'll certainly visit again, though.Special Features:
- Perfect Saturday afternoonOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/3/2014I met a friend that I hadn't seen for a while and had reservations but had failed to request an outside table, hostess when we made the request" no problem" and that's how the service was throughout our dining. We chose two different crepes and both of us were delighted with our choices. My friend had salmon, which was cooked perfectly and she enjoyed every morsel. I had poblanos and eggs and the fresh guacamole topped it was spectacular. Thy put corn in it, why a pleasant addition. Chaos was happening one block north of us but we just sat and chatted with our tea and sunshine all around. I'll be back very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/2/2014They were very nice to our about to have a melt down toddler. Service was fast and our server went out of her way to hurry things along. We had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 468 reviews are from the Beau Monde reviews archive.
- DisappointedREDSDined on 4/27/2014Food was excellent. Drinks were great. Waitstaff left a lot to be desired, they were unkept, hair need combing and did they really need to wear clothes with holes in them. Asked 5 times for more coffee and my friend asked 3 times for a spoon, finally the bus boy brought us 3. The hostess also told us that is was so noisey due to the amount of mimosas people consumed. (Very tacky) Would I go back or recommend, no, as I said, food was delicious but turned off by dirty surroundings and staff. I blame management for this. They also let a man in the restaurant carrying a cat. Gross.
- Not your average crepe.LynnDined on 4/26/2014If you are thinking rolled crepes, think again. Beau Monde offers very large square buckwheat crepes filled with deliciousness. Choose a filling from the menu or make up your own but my group LOVED their meal.Special Features:
- Mediocre Beau MondeSteveDined on 4/26/2014The food was not great, but is it was not bad. The same could be said of the service.Special Features:
- Delicious as alwaysKimkDined on 4/20/2014As per usual, our experience at BEAUMONDE was superb. I had one of the breakfast crepe specials. I don't eat wheat, so they turned it into an omelette for me. We were a group of eight and all of the others ordered crepes that ranged from a simple chicken-broccoli-cheddar to a complex goat cheese-caramelized leeks-chicken crepe. There was not a speck of food left on any plate. Banana-Nutella-hazelnut ice cream vs. dulce de leche vanilla ice cream crepes were amazing for desert. Truly, you can't go wrong at BEAUMONDE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.