Beatrice & Woodsley
38 South Broadway
Denver, CO 80209Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Beatrice & Woodsley
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.beatriceandwoodsley.com/
- Phone: 3037773505x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Served nightly beginning at 5:00 pm 'til the crowd thins; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Nosh & 'Tails (happy hour) at the counter Monday thru Friday 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American
- Executive Chef: Eric Hiob
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Hidden below the main dining room of Beatrice & Woodsley is the private dining wine cellar. The award winning design of the restaurant is translated into an intimate dining space amid an eclectic wine library. Ideal for special occasions, this private event room accommodates up to 35 guests. The entire restaurant is also available for private dining, accommodating 96 guests.
- Entertainment: INFORMATION:
Due to the intimate size of the restaurant, we can only hold reservations for a period of 15 minutes after the initial reservation; please call if you're running late. Smart casual or casual cocktail attire is the norm. Please inform your server about any allergies or dietary restrictions. There's often a 20% gratuity added to parties of 6 or more guests. There is a $20 cake fee for all pastries brought into the restaurant for service. Valid ID is required for all alcohol consumption. Due to our restaurant's petite size, reservations and requests do not guarantee specific tables or dining rooms, though we do work magic to give you the best possible table as often as possible. Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and cash are accepted.
Please call if you need additional information or directions: 303.777.3505.
Best wishes, Beatrice & Woodsley
- Special Events: Nosh & 'Tails Monday thru Friday at the counter 5 - 6:30 pm
"Beatrice’s Scrumptiliitious Brunch!" "Best Place for Brunch!" -Bon Appétit 10 am - 2 pm
- Cross Street: Ellsworth
- Public Transit: Southbound 0 (zero) bus stops at S. Broadway and Ellsworth. Northbound 0 (zero) bus stops at Lincoln and Ellsworth.
Bicycle racks conveniently located in front of the restaurant.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: We’re located on the East side of South Broadway across from Goodwill. Park after crossing Ellsworth. Don’t park in the Security Service Federal Credit Union or Goodwill lots.
We’re located in a two-story brick building with amber tinted windows. We have a large sign that’s easily seen while driving, but not easily seen while walking. We next door to the newly opened Gozo restaurant.
A word from Beatrice & Woodsley
Nestled amidst an urban aspen grove, B+W offers social dining with seasonal “Rustic-American” cuisine. Uncommon boutique wine, hand-crafted cocktails and hard-to-find spirits compliment imaginative dishes.Continued
Contrasted between the funky boutique shops of historic South Broadway, Beatrice & Woodsley expresses Colorado’s sophistication and refinement beyond cowboy hat and wagon wheel clichés.
Contrasted between the funky boutique shops of historic South Broadway, Beatrice & Woodsley expresses Colorado’s sophistication and refinement beyond cowboy hat and wagon wheel clichés.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Beatrice & Woodsley - Best Restaurants in Baker ›
Beatrice & Woodsley reviews from OpenTable diners
138 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
romantic (98)fit for foodies (90)special occasion (87)neighborhood gem (53)great for brunch (46)hot spot (33)notable wine list (30)good for groups (30)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (9)great for lunch (7)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- The kitchen loves foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014There have been many times I've found myself staring down the barrel of a pricey menu praying the chefs love food and are not just in love with being chefs. Often, I am disappointed. Beatrice and Woodsley was not one of these times. We started our meal with the crawfish beignets: Sweet, savory, great balance (thought a little more spice wouldn't have hurt). For an entree, I had Billy the burger while my girlfriend had the sweet-pea tortellini. The burger was hearty and the accompany of beets chips made it memorable. The sweet-pea tortellini was a bit shocking in terms of portion (about five small tortellinis), though delicious. The decor is beautiful; like being a tree house, and washing your hands is, well... an experience. You'll see.Special Features:
- Creative and fantasticOutstandinDined on 8/17/2014The coolest decor of any restaurant in Denver. The food is extremely creative as are the cocktails. Definitely one of my favorite restaurants in Denver.Special Features:
- Special Occaision Specialness!KrisneenerDined on 8/16/2014I brought my husband here for brunch to celebrate our 6th anniversary. It was a great place to have special dishes we normally wouldn't have. For an out of towner, the place was a little hard to find even on Broadway! But once inside, the place was full of WONDERMENT! Loved the decor! A little less romantic than I thought with the open floor plan type seating. Food was great! We had and I'd suggest the crawfish beignets, watermelon/beat salad, biscuits & sage gravy. Bloody Mary was excellent as was the Americano coffee. Dessert was tasty too! Creme brûlée and banana cream pie. They comped one of the desserts for anniversary celebration! Thank you! All in all we loved it and will return again to celebrate special happenings!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Review is my personal opinionFood4ChrisDined on 8/15/2014First let me tell you that this review is my personal opinion. Just because this review is not favorable does not mean you should let this change your decision on trying out this restaurant ...Who knows , you may fall in love with it . "The ambiance is nice but that's about all this restaurant has to offer for me .They have more drinks than food items.I feel like there wasn't enough options to choose from. The food tastes good not great but good. Be prepared that the portions are very small .Don't go here if you are starving. By the way our server was excellent and helped us make great choices throughout the meal. PRINT NEW MENUS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive!FrenchieDined on 8/14/2014Beatrice & Woodsley is always a hit! Every dish was impressive, but the melt-in-your-mouth catfish stole the show this time. I recommend this restaurant to everyone I know!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/13/2014Interior scenery, service, and distinctive food. Small plates are tasty and not overly fillingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2014Really enjoyed the ambiance and whole feel of the restaurant. Food was great!Special Features:
- Never disappointedabreVIPDined on 8/8/2014Every time I come here I have a great experience, whether it is dinner, brunch or an after work drink at the bar. Admittedly, their beer list is rather limited, but if you can do with wine or a mixed drink then have no fear. Very unique setting in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2014Beatrice and Woodsley usually knocks my socks off. This visit, however, was just okay. It wasn't bad. The food was good - not great - but good. The service was okay, but again not great. It was a pleasant experience, but not quite the caliber we expected. The biscuits and gravy were good, not great; the server didn't know the difference between herbal tea and black tea; the roobois tea was served in a French Press coffee maker, which meant the last of it was very strong and bitter; the Tea Thyme cocktail, however, was great. Otherwise, it was a mediocre experience. Again, nothing was terrible; but we are still likely to pick a different spot for the next celebratory meal.
- Awesome!PBandJDined on 8/2/2014B and W was an awesome place to go for a special occasion or if your just looking for some good food! Cocktails and Wine list was awesome, the service was fast but not annoying - waiters knew exactly what they where doing and made sure you where satisfied with everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretentiousness at a new level24HourHappyHourDined on 8/2/2014Possibly the most entertaining part of the meal was watching people come out of the restroom and try to wash their hands in the single most pretentious sink and faucet on earth. It was a 50/50 chance if they'd succeed with this act of basic hygiene. And yes, the sink is on display for you in the dining room, separated by a sheet of glass. The place felt like a cavern of the dead, and the food would have been best served to those who had no taste buds. To be fair, the goetta was very tasty, but it was smothered in this overly-dijoned hollandaise-wannabe and then topped with poached eggs replete with uncooked, runny whites. The "tiny omelette"= 1 scrambled egg & 1 leaf of unseasoned spinach.The worst place we've ever been for breakfast.
- Skip itagigemDined on 8/1/2014The food was poorly seasoned, the drinks had a bitter or sour taste. The wait staff was inconsistent and the portions were inconsistent with the prices!
- Perfect for drinks with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/30/2014Recently visited B&W for a girls night and it is perfect be use you sit around a table so easy to socialize. It was a rainy night and I was surprised how packed the bar and tables were. Awesome ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My kind of restaurant!!!FitforFoodieDined on 7/27/2014This restaurant is small and intimate, quiet, well-decorated, and GREAT FOOD!!! The waitstaff was friendly and attentive without being intrusive. Beatrice & Woodsley has moved to the top of my "we must go back to ....." list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decor worth the visitDebboDined on 7/26/2014Loved the fact that they had a dairy-free menu. Decor was unique and fun. Disappointed with the food...little to no veggies served with meal. Expected more from a farm-to-table restaurant. Food was very ordinary.Special Features:
- Romantic dinnerrocksDined on 7/25/2014I was searching for a restaurant good for a special birthday dinner in downtown Denver. Beatrice & Woodsley is a great place to treat someone special for a special occasion. This place will not disappoint! The decor and ambiance was amazing. The service was friendly and impeccable. The food was great. Lastly, the wine selection was plentiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Response to Hair in FoodLoyalcustDined on 7/19/2014We love going here for brunch and always have a nice time. This last time though fell short due to poor management response to hair in our food. There was a hair in our appetizer. When we told our waiter his reaction was annoying. He didn't know how to react. We had to ask him to bring us a new one and he actually said "I might have to charge you for the second one, I will ask my manager." Our waiter made it feel like it was our fault that there was a hair. As a manager, after hearing there was a hair in your customer's food, you need to go over to the table and personally apologize. Also this item should be comped from the check all together! As loyal customers it was very disappointing to be treated this way.Special Features:
- Excellent !AlizzzyDined on 7/15/2014My fiancé and I chose to celebrate our anniversary at Beatrice and woodsleys because it was listed on the top 10 romantic restaurants for denver. It definitely lived up to the hype and exceeded our expectations. We had an excellent time and enjoyed the best meal. Thank you !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AmbienceTinayDined on 7/14/2014Very impressed with the quiet, woodsy atmosphere of the restaurant. Very romantic and charming. The cleanliness was most impressive! Very good food. I had the steak. The restroom is something else... Cleanest and most beautiful public restroom... And I've been all over the world! Do try this for a relaxing evening with your significant other or close intimate friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing place! Tricky BathroomsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014Good thing we sat next to the bathrooms. They were highly entertaining. The food was amazing, the service was top notch, the wine pairing was perfect. Great place to go for a special occasionSpecial Features:
- our way or the highwayOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/11/2014We were in the mood for a lots of tastes, so we asked if we told the chef what looked good could he make a portion of small plates for 4 to share. "no". Can you split an entre "no". The waiter was apologetic that the chef refused any request. Food was good as usual but the evening could have been much better if the chef were willing to share his/her skill in a more flexible manner.Special Features:
- FrenchieDined on 7/9/2014The food was all wonderful, but two dishes really impressed - and they were both daily specials, so I'm downright devastated that I won't be able to have them again and again! The Daily Restorative, a chilled corn and apple soup, was a unique surprise. At our wonderful server's suggestion, I had an ahi tuna dish and please understand that I don't use this compliment lightly - it very well might have been the best thing I have ever eaten. It was breathtaking to look at on the plate, too. Our only complaint was that we were seated only a few feet from another party that was VERY loudly having a VERY offensive discussion that included with profanity and racial slurs. I wish the staff had asked the other party to quiet down or even leave.Special Features:
- Beautiful Brunch spotfortheluvoffoodDined on 7/6/2014My friend and i took our mother's here to have brunch. It was just trendy enough for us to enjoy and not to annoy our mothers. A plus is that it's a great brunch spot that takes reservations.Special Features:
- great birthday dinnerchefhofDined on 7/5/2014I took my girlfriend here for her birthday and we loved it, great wine list and even better foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Eveninggreat4bdayDined on 7/1/2014We came to Beatrice & Woodsley for a birthday and the experience was wonderful. The service and food were great.Special Features:
- No place like itSerious4funDined on 6/29/2014The food was very good. We were there for brunch. The space is amazing. The most unique and awesome looking restaurant I have ever been in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/27/2014The reviews are a little mixed so we weren't sure what to expect but had a great dinner experience. The pimento cheesecake, watermelon beet salad, and ahi special entree were all fresh and unique - perfect for summer. The decor is awesome and also makes it a special place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool place for dinnerMichiganguyDined on 6/22/2014Really interesting ambiance, fascinating wine list (I think almost all the by-the-glass wines were rose when I visited, which was fun). Small portions, but very good. The tomato tart small place was really good. I had the trout special that night; sauces on side were tasty additions. Overall, a nice place I'd return to. Fair return on investment.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/15/2014This restaurant was real fun and interesting. I took my family for brunch I can't wait until I go back for dinner.Special Features:
- No signs,highchairs or current menuTeamgreenDined on 6/15/20141st-Where's the sign? Are you that pretentious that you think people want to actually search for the number "38" in your address? Put a sign up outside like the rest of the businesses in the world so people can find you. 2nd-No Highchairs?.... Seriously? I eat out a A LOT of places and they all have some family accommodation.. Most "foodies" bring the whole gang out to eat. They are well behaved and surprisingly appreciate good food. 3rd-You have more drinks than you do food items... Sure I like to have a drink with my food. But you need more items and add some meat! 4th-When we first sat down, the waitress proceeded to update 3 meals that that were "now" completely different items than what was on the menu... PRINT NEW MENUS!
- Don't believe the hypeSommelierDined on 6/14/2014The ambiance is nice but that's about all this restaurant has to offer. The wine list in minimal and the food is just ok. Their take on escargot was so eclectic it was inedible. If you want to check this place out I suggest going for a drink - don't waste your dinner plans or $$$
- The decor is worth it!ElizabethDined on 6/14/2014Not only was brunch delicious, but I felt as if I was eating in a secret forest. Every detail was thought out. A wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- small eatsMetroManDined on 6/13/2014Beatrice & Woodsley has great ambience and service. The food tastes very good. But.... be prepared that the portions are very small - I mean very. The appetizers aren't really enough for one person - let alone if you like to share. And, the prices are way high for what you get. We had one entree, two appetizers and two glasses of wine each (2 people) and the tab was about $110... be prepared and don't go here if you are starving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative and diverse menuFoodCriticVIPDined on 6/9/2014Love this place - the decor is fascinating and whimsical, and the good even better. The chef is not shy about trying new things, so you can join in the risk taking and go for it (though I don't recommend the parsnip steak though it was worth a shot). Funny experience where they were out of 2 of the liquor choices I made, but the waiter handled it with dignity and grace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem!QuireQween4Dined on 6/9/2014We had a lovely meal at this gorgeous and really different restaurant. The menu is very interesting with the food very well prepared and beautifully presented. We shared four small plates so we could experience as many of the flavors as we could. Crawfish Beignets were excellent and a delightful surprise. The escargots were cooked in a less traditional way with the inventive touch of sweet pea purée. The interior of the restaurant is worth a trip even without a meal - the designed is to be commended. Birch trees appear to be growing inside, and one MUST visit the bathroom. Be sure to look up when there!Special Features:
- Gotta go!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/8/2014Great ambiance , well designed interiors and crafted menu to match. Not your typical , which we appreciated !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was Okay....Kai1Dined on 6/3/2014The atmosphere was something new and different. The decor was beautiful, very romantic. The menu option was small. I feel like there wasn't enough options to choose from. It took a while for our drinks and appetizers to come out. Our waiter was nice and awesome. The staff was great but the problem was the food and how expensive it is. I had better dishes at a much lower price. It was still an awesome experience, we wanted to try something new and unfortunately it was just okay. Went down the street for ice-cream.Special Features:
- Best part is the decormidiwekaVIPDined on 6/2/2014Best aspect of this restaurant is the decor. The service can be uneven, the food is good
- Interesting restuarant/barOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/1/2014Was attending a convention in Denver and had dinner here for a party of six - at first when we arrived by cab we were like - uh oh, but once we went through the doors all changed for the better. We had a great time and my guests totally enjoyed the dinner/drinks/service. The décor is remarkable. I would highly suggest for a Thu/Fri/Sat night - we went on a Sunday so place was not packed but that was okay since it was with customers. Food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placebdaycelebrantsDined on 5/31/2014We were a group of 5 and had a wonderful time celebrating a birthday. The food was great and the waiter made spot on suggestions for the food and the wine. I would recommend this restaurant for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.