Beatrice & Woodsley
38 South Broadway
Denver, CO 80209Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Beatrice & Woodsley
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.beatriceandwoodsley.com/
- Phone: 3037773505x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Served nightly beginning at 5:00 pm 'til the crowd thins; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Nosh & 'Tails (happy hour) at the counter Monday thru Friday 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American
- Executive Chef: Eric Hiob
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Hidden below the main dining room of Beatrice & Woodsley is the private dining wine cellar. The award winning design of the restaurant is translated into an intimate dining space amid an eclectic wine library. Ideal for special occasions, this private event room accommodates up to 35 guests. The entire restaurant is also available for private dining, accommodating 96 guests.
- Entertainment: INFORMATION:
Due to the intimate size of the restaurant, we can only hold reservations for a period of 15 minutes after the initial reservation; please call if you're running late. Smart casual or casual cocktail attire is the norm. Please inform your server about any allergies or dietary restrictions. There's often a 20% gratuity added to parties of 6 or more guests. Due to CO law, corkage service is not available. There is a $20 cake fee for all pastries brought into the restaurant for service. Valid ID is required for all alcohol consumption. Due to our restaurant's petite size, reservations and requests do not guarantee specific tables or dining rooms, though we do work magic to give you the best possible table as often as possible. Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and cash are accepted.
Please call if you need additional information or directions: 303.777.3505.
Best wishes, Beatrice & Woodsley
- Special Events: Nosh & 'Tails Monday thru Friday at the counter 5 - 6:30 pm
~ Specialty cocktails $6
~ Hand-picked wine selections $7
~ Hand-picked drafts $4
~ Changing weekly chef favors
"Beatrice’s Scrumptiliitious Brunch!" "Best Place for Brunch!" -Bon Appétit 10 am - 2 pm
- Cross Street: Ellsworth
- Public Transit: Southbound 0 (zero) bus stops at S. Broadway and Ellsworth. Northbound 0 (zero) bus stops at Lincoln and Ellsworth.
Bicycle racks conveniently located in front of the restaurant.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: We’re located on the East side of South Broadway across from Goodwill. Park after crossing Ellsworth. Parking in the Security Service Federal Credit Union lot is available only after business hours. Don't park in the Goodwill lot anytime.
We’re located in a two-story brick building with amber tinted windows. We have a large sign that’s easily seen while driving, but not easily seen while walking. We're next door to the newly opened Gozo restaurant.
A word from Beatrice & Woodsley
Nestled amidst an urban aspen grove, B+W offers social dining with seasonal “Rustic-American” cuisine. Uncommon boutique wine, hand-crafted cocktails and hard-to-find spirits compliment imaginative dishes.Continued
Contrasted between the funky boutique shops of historic South Broadway, Beatrice & Woodsley expresses Colorado’s sophistication and refinement beyond cowboy hat and wagon wheel clichés.
Contrasted between the funky boutique shops of historic South Broadway, Beatrice & Woodsley expresses Colorado’s sophistication and refinement beyond cowboy hat and wagon wheel clichés.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Beatrice & Woodsley - Best Restaurants in Baker ›
Beatrice & Woodsley reviews from OpenTable diners
150 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
romantic (100)special occasion (85)fit for foodies (84)neighborhood gem (51)great for brunch (38)notable wine list (30)hot spot (28)good for groups (24)vibrant bar scene (16)late-night find (8)great for lunch (6)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Drastically undercooked potatoesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/20/2014The first time I went here was great. The second time was not great. I got the catfish with fries on the side. However, there was little to no flavoring at all on the food. The potatoe wedges were similar to a football arena wedges. Very disappointing.
- Nothing bad to say or eatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014One of my favorites in town. I just wish I could walk there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection!ChristopherDined on 10/19/2014This is the one and only resteraunt in the States or in Europe that my wife and I would give all 5 stars. I read some of the negative reviews and I think can see that some of the things that make this place the very best are the things that some people might complain about. The place is low key and the hosts andd waitstaff do not constantly ask us how we are doing or if we need anything. To us, this is great because we enjoy the privacy and quiet atmosphere and like to take our time and enjoy our evening here. Others may feel they are not getting enough attention. We believe this was our 6th visit. This place is worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BEST meal we have ever hadAspoonfulOFsammyDined on 10/13/2014We make no exaggeration when I say that my husband and I agreed, that this was hands down the best meal of our lives. They think of every single detail and I can sincerely say that I smiled all the way home. The atmosphere was perfect. It was beautiful, comfortable, and the staff was so friendly. The food was beautiful also; exquisite in both sight and taste. It was perfectly seasoned, perfectly cooked, wonderfully balanced, and we'll thought out. I could not love this restaurant more, nor could I more wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone with a love for food and good wine. If I could give 6 stars, I would have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small portions, just okay.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/13/2014Bar service was slow, even though there weren't that many customers for the Happy Hour. Appetizers were very small portions - the cheese plate was ridiculously small. Do not order the mussels - tasteless with faint fishiness. The sweetbreads were good. Our table ordered the goat burgers and reviews were mixed. One person said the texture reminded them of cat food, the others loved them. I had the chicken roulade which was outstanding! Dessert (Banana cream pie and sesame creme brulee) was also amazing. Our server for the evening was attentive and sweet. Not a repeat place for me.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014absolutely wonderful! My boyfriend came into town and I had heard such great reviews about Beatrice & Woodsley that I had to take him there. WOW!Special Features:
- eehhh, it was okAAAADined on 10/11/2014We had brunch here several months ago and it was outstanding, on 10/11/14 we had dinner with a large party and we where disappointed. Out server was kind of smug and the food was really bland. It was not worth the money at all. Chances are we won't return.Special Features:
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/10/2014Had a great experience. I will definitely be going back! Great spot to take out of town guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eating dinner in an aspen groveBlureviewerVIPDined on 10/10/2014The restaurant is really beautiful - the aspen tree trunks all around make you feel a bit separated from other tables and give privacy. The menu offers a good variety. We liked that you can order a 1/2 glass of wine.Special Features:
- ServicefunniteDined on 10/5/2014Cory was there to meet our every need, but not in our face. excellent attitude and approach to customers.Special Features:
- Pretentious and unattentive staffOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/5/2014Went here for brunch for a party of 7 people. We had made reservations and the restaurant wasn't crowded, however upon our entrance we waited 15 mins for them to set out table and then we were seated. Our waiter came about 15 mins after we sate and gave us our menu and told us how great he monkeybrains are, which was their version of sweatbuns. He took our drink orders while we looked over the menu. He didn't place our orders until maybe another 15mins. While we waited for our orders people at the bar who came in after us were receiving their food. After more than an hour after we sat, we were given our food, minus the sweatbuns we had ordered. The service was poor and I can't believe this place is so highly rated.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Service is extremely slow! Took about 25 mins to even get a drink order placed, then another 25 to get our drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and atmosphereHonesteatsDined on 10/4/2014The location is great and the atmosphere is cool. The service was excellent. The food was good but not amazing. The cheese plate had 3 very small bite size cubes on it- not worth the $. The muscles were decent. The hanger steak dinner was tasty. Everything was good - nobody raved about their dish but nobody complained either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014Went here for brunch with my girlfriend on a Saturday. The wait time was unbelievable for food. The food took so long to come out I really didn't care what it tasted like once it arrived. And, it wasn't anything near worth the wait. If you're going to go, I recommend not going during a peak time. I don't think the kitchen can handle too many people.Special Features:
- Sexy restaurant - so so foodFoodieKjDined on 9/27/2014The restaurant itself is beautiful and well-appointed. The drinks were delicious; the appetizers were appetizing but none of the main courses wowed our party of four. The were tasty and well put together but, overall, they were nothing special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014Experience was mostly good but we ordered ice tea and when it came is was VERY weak! I told them about it and they said there was nothing they could do about it! REALLY!!! That put a negative note on the experience from the beginning but food and atmosphere is good!!Special Features:
- Wonderful BrunchCageDined on 9/27/2014We are very happy to have tried B & W for brunch. The cuisine was phenomenal and the whole family enjoyed their meals. Our reservation was at 10 am when they opened, and I believe they were a bit behind schedule as it took an abnormally long time to be asked for drinks after being seated.Special Features:
- Nice embiance, that's itDingo59Dined on 9/12/2014None of the appetizers contain any protien. Even the craw fish appetizer was essentially a ball of dough. Entrees were limited. I got the catfish and it consisted if three catfish fish sticks and 4 potato wedges. Couldn't wait to get out of there. Do not go hungry or you will leave the same way. Also, one toilet for the men's room.Special Features:
- loved the interior designGaroDined on 9/11/2014there were 6 of us and from the appetizers to the desert it was special. Great ambiance and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- OverpricedDavidPDined on 9/10/2014The interior is nice and the chain saw bar shelves are cool. The food however was not so great. We sent back the mussels, which were old. The main course was "meh". Not much flavor... Service was good though. Just expected more from the kitchen.Special Features:
- Anniversary success.Trees138Dined on 9/9/2014I brought my girlfriend here for our anniversary. She recently moved from Chicago and was used to going to nice restaurants there with her friends in the service industry. Our experience here was good, we liked everything we had. We are also vegetarians and we're able to find several good options for us. The portions were good for us, we each had two drinks, an appetizer, and an entree. That left us satisfied but not overly full, as one would expect from this type of dinner. I have had better value overall, but there really aren't any problems. The atmosphere here really is fantastic. It was a great place for an anniversary dinner. I would recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely wonderfulrrxffDined on 9/7/2014We ate dinner here the other night and it was phenomenal. I have never had a better meal or environment. The setting was amazing and the food was exquisite. The best dining experience I have ever experienced.Special Features:
- Decor=amazing, everything else=fairLove2louisDined on 9/6/2014The decor and atmosphere of this place was awesome! Very unique and quite the conversation piece. Our waiter was a nice gentleman, but we very rarely saw him. It took him forever to do anything, and when he did, part of the time it was wrong. Majority of my party loved their cocktails! Our appetizer was really good, but the main meal not so much. I had one bite and didn't eat anymore...We are going to give this quaint little place another try (only because we have a gift card that we forgot that night), but probably sit at the bar and see if we have a better experience. Needless to say, I walked away feeling like we could have spent our $100 else where and had a better experience.Special Features:
- Could become a 5 star restaurant ifdavieDined on 9/6/2014Love the history behind the name which explained the decor. Interesting and delightful menu with wonderful flavors. However, 2 of 4 meals was not served warm enough and became cold almost immediately. We couldn't find our waiter so 1 meal was eaten cold. We finally flagged a server down to have the other plate warmed but by that time everyone else in our party was almost finished eating.Special Features:
- fun atmosphere, problem with orderOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014We went here for my fiance's birthday. I asked for the dairy free menu from the hostess as my lady is lactose intolerant. The food was delicious so we had to ask how they made it without cream. The waiter immediately realized the mistake and apologized but it was too late. They comped our gelato, which probably would have been comped for the birthday celebration anyway. In the end she spent the remainder of our evening at home in the lavatory of no fun -not the best way to end the night for either of us. My advice: if you order from the dairy free menu make sure you tell the waiter that you have the menu.Special Features:
- GNO - restaurant weekGNOjunkieDined on 8/30/2014Really nice atmosphere, wonderful wine. Since it was restaurant week all 6 of us ordered off of the price fix menu. I would go back for and recommend wine and dessert but dinner was just ok. Cold duck with soggy skin :/Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was okOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014the food was overpriced. small portions. and not a large selection of choices. probably wont come back. awesome restaurant decor thoughSpecial Features:
- Nice ambiance - average foodCODiner164Dined on 8/29/2014My girlfriend decided to take us to Beatrice & Woodsley for restaurant week. I chose to order off the menu vs using the restaurant week fixed price option as it only offered duck, monkfish and a veggie meal option. A nice way to describe the menu is eclectic but it is really just limited and not anything special. The crawfish beneignettes were mostly fried dough with very little crawfish. My chicken paperdelle was ok. I almost confused the pappardelle and the asparagus for a garnish. Portions are small and the meal overall was not very memorable beyond it being expensive. The interior of the restaurant is also eclectic but it is a nice and unique setting for a quiet date.Special Features:
- Highlight was the bathroomMissVictoriaReginaDined on 8/28/2014I was attracted to Beatrice & Woodsley by their ambiance, trees around the tables & chainsaws holding up the bar. Sadly the most impressive part of the evening was my trip to the bathroom with an amusing set of pulleys & a rainchain to wash my hands. For a restaurant that has a weekly rotating menu & was expecting a little more excitement for restaurant week.Special Features:
- DisappointmentNatureLoverDined on 8/28/2014Loved the ambience and the small touches added to the dining experience. I ordered the Monkfish and was brought the duck. When my fish arrived it was unbearably salty, and I like salt. If my date wouldn't have been so mortified, I would have sent it back.Special Features:
- Trendy surprise on BroadwaybgdinerDined on 8/26/2014Loved the interior's ecclectic decor! Staff was very friendly and helpful - knowing the wines listed and making excellent recommendations. Delicious and unique cocktails. The food was outstanding! Even decaf coffee was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2014We visited with a group of four during restaurant week, and were all a bit disappointed. Only one of us ordered the restaurant week menu, the rest of us ordered from the normal menu. The vegetarian dish was very undercooks so the beans and veggies were still tough and had bad texture. The service was spacey. I had been here before with more impressive food, so it was a bit embarrassing that I suggested the restaurant and it was such a poor experience, especially the food.Special Features:
- basement what?mallratsDined on 8/24/2014we had reservations at 5pm which we arrived on time for. we were seated in the basement in the wine cellar. I was disappointed, but didn't complain because it was restaurant week. another table was to be seated behind us, but they complained so they were taken upstairs. I heard the hostess say something about upstairs being for people who had reservations for a long time. we had ours for almost 2 months. upon leaving were saw that half the restaurant upstairs was open. I was was very disappointed because the upstairs is so cool and really wanted to be there in the plush seats not on hard chairs in the basement. sad when you pay near $100 for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the atmospherewbcalvaDined on 8/24/2014Love the atmosphere Did not care for the food or the service. Service was very slow and the food was cold. Paid the bill $$$$, Left hungry, Stopped and ate again somewhere else
- BeautifulSummerDined on 8/24/2014We went for Sunday brunch at 10 am and absolutely loved it! Everything about our experience was enjoyable, relaxing, delicious, and intimate.Special Features:
- Fried starchFitfoodieDined on 8/23/2014The restaurant itself is beautiful. The service is slow. The food was fried and very salty.Special Features:
- The kitchen loves foodBeastlyDined on 8/17/2014There have been many times I've found myself staring down the barrel of a pricey menu praying the chefs love food and are not just in love with being chefs. Often, I am disappointed. Beatrice and Woodsley was not one of these times. We started our meal with the crawfish beignets: Sweet, savory, great balance (thought a little more spice wouldn't have hurt). For an entree, I had Billy the burger while my girlfriend had the sweet-pea tortellini. The burger was hearty and the accompany of beets chips made it memorable. The sweet-pea tortellini was a bit shocking in terms of portion (about five small tortellinis), though delicious. The decor is beautiful; like being a tree house, and washing your hands is, well... an experience. You'll see.Special Features:
- Creative and fantasticOutstandinDined on 8/17/2014The coolest decor of any restaurant in Denver. The food is extremely creative as are the cocktails. Definitely one of my favorite restaurants in Denver.Special Features:
- Special Occaision Specialness!KrisneenerDined on 8/16/2014I brought my husband here for brunch to celebrate our 6th anniversary. It was a great place to have special dishes we normally wouldn't have. For an out of towner, the place was a little hard to find even on Broadway! But once inside, the place was full of WONDERMENT! Loved the decor! A little less romantic than I thought with the open floor plan type seating. Food was great! We had and I'd suggest the crawfish beignets, watermelon/beat salad, biscuits & sage gravy. Bloody Mary was excellent as was the Americano coffee. Dessert was tasty too! Creme brûlée and banana cream pie. They comped one of the desserts for anniversary celebration! Thank you! All in all we loved it and will return again to celebrate special happenings!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Review is my personal opinionFood4ChrisDined on 8/15/2014First let me tell you that this review is my personal opinion. Just because this review is not favorable does not mean you should let this change your decision on trying out this restaurant ...Who knows , you may fall in love with it . "The ambiance is nice but that's about all this restaurant has to offer for me .They have more drinks than food items.I feel like there wasn't enough options to choose from. The food tastes good not great but good. Be prepared that the portions are very small .Don't go here if you are starving. By the way our server was excellent and helped us make great choices throughout the meal. PRINT NEW MENUS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.