Beatrice & Woodsley
38 South Broadway
Denver, CO 80209Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Beatrice & Woodsley
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.beatriceandwoodsley.com/
- Phone: 3037773505x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Served nightly beginning at 5:00 pm 'til the crowd thins; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Nosh & 'Tails (happy hour) at the counter Monday thru Friday 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American
- Executive Chef: Eric Hiob
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Hidden below the main dining room of Beatrice & Woodsley is the private dining wine cellar. The award winning design of the restaurant is translated into an intimate dining space amid an eclectic wine library. Ideal for special occasions, this private event room accommodates up to 35 guests. The entire restaurant is also available for private dining, accommodating 96 guests.
- Entertainment: INFORMATION:
Due to the intimate size of the restaurant, we can only hold reservations for a period of 15 minutes after the initial reservation; please call if you're running late. Smart casual or casual cocktail attire is the norm. Please inform your server about any allergies or dietary restrictions. There's often a 20% gratuity added to parties of 6 or more guests. There is a $20 cake fee for all pastries brought into the restaurant for service. Valid ID is required for all alcohol consumption. Due to our restaurant's petite size, reservations and requests do not guarantee specific tables or dining rooms, though we do work magic to give you the best possible table as often as possible. Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and cash are accepted.
Please call if you need additional information or directions: 303.777.3505.
Best wishes, Beatrice & Woodsley
- Special Events: Nosh & 'Tails Monday thru Friday at the counter 5 - 6:30 pm
"Beatrice’s Scrumptiliitious Brunch!" "Best Place for Brunch!" -Bon Appétit 10 am - 2 pm
- Cross Street: Ellsworth
- Public Transit: Southbound 0 (zero) bus stops at S. Broadway and Ellsworth. Northbound 0 (zero) bus stops at Lincoln and Ellsworth.
Bicycle racks conveniently located in front of the restaurant.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: We’re located on the East side of South Broadway across from Goodwill. Park after crossing Ellsworth. Don’t park in the Security Service Federal Credit Union or Goodwill lots.
We’re located in a two-story brick building with amber tinted windows. We have a large sign that’s easily seen while driving, but not easily seen while walking. We are two doors South of Deluxe Restaurant.
A word from Beatrice & Woodsley
Nestled amidst an urban aspen grove, B+W offers social dining with seasonal “Rustic-American” cuisine. Uncommon boutique wine, hand-crafted cocktails and hard-to-find spirits compliment imaginative dishes.Continued
Contrasted between the funky boutique shops of historic South Broadway, Beatrice & Woodsley expresses Colorado’s sophistication and refinement beyond cowboy hat and wagon wheel clichés.
Contrasted between the funky boutique shops of historic South Broadway, Beatrice & Woodsley expresses Colorado’s sophistication and refinement beyond cowboy hat and wagon wheel clichés.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Beatrice & Woodsley - Best Restaurants in Baker ›
Beatrice & Woodsley reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since March 25 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
romantic (83)special occasion (80)fit for foodies (80)neighborhood gem (54)great for brunch (39)hot spot (29)good for groups (24)notable wine list (23)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (6)scenic view (5)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Poor Response to Hair in FoodLoyalcustDined on 7/19/2014We love going here for brunch and always have a nice time. This last time though fell short due to poor management response to hair in our food. There was a hair in our appetizer. When we told our waiter his reaction was annoying. He didn't know how to react. We had to ask him to bring us a new one and he actually said "I might have to charge you for the second one, I will ask my manager." Our waiter made it feel like it was our fault that there was a hair. As a manager, after hearing there was a hair in your customer's food, you need to go over to the table and personally apologize. Also this item should be comped from the check all together! As loyal customers it was very disappointing to be treated this way.Special Features:
- Excellent !AlizzzyDined on 7/15/2014My fiancé and I chose to celebrate our anniversary at Beatrice and woodsleys because it was listed on the top 10 romantic restaurants for denver. It definitely lived up to the hype and exceeded our expectations. We had an excellent time and enjoyed the best meal. Thank you !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AmbienceTinayDined on 7/14/2014Very impressed with the quiet, woodsy atmosphere of the restaurant. Very romantic and charming. The cleanliness was most impressive! Very good food. I had the steak. The restroom is something else... Cleanest and most beautiful public restroom... And I've been all over the world! Do try this for a relaxing evening with your significant other or close intimate friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing place! Tricky BathroomsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014Good thing we sat next to the bathrooms. They were highly entertaining. The food was amazing, the service was top notch, the wine pairing was perfect. Great place to go for a special occasionSpecial Features:
- our way or the highwayOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/11/2014We were in the mood for a lots of tastes, so we asked if we told the chef what looked good could he make a portion of small plates for 4 to share. "no". Can you split an entre "no". The waiter was apologetic that the chef refused any request. Food was good as usual but the evening could have been much better if the chef were willing to share his/her skill in a more flexible manner.Special Features:
- FrenchieDined on 7/9/2014The food was all wonderful, but two dishes really impressed - and they were both daily specials, so I'm downright devastated that I won't be able to have them again and again! The Daily Restorative, a chilled corn and apple soup, was a unique surprise. At our wonderful server's suggestion, I had an ahi tuna dish and please understand that I don't use this compliment lightly - it very well might have been the best thing I have ever eaten. It was breathtaking to look at on the plate, too. Our only complaint was that we were seated only a few feet from another party that was VERY loudly having a VERY offensive discussion that included with profanity and racial slurs. I wish the staff had asked the other party to quiet down or even leave.Special Features:
- Beautiful Brunch spotfortheluvoffoodDined on 7/6/2014My friend and i took our mother's here to have brunch. It was just trendy enough for us to enjoy and not to annoy our mothers. A plus is that it's a great brunch spot that takes reservations.Special Features:
- great birthday dinnerchefhofDined on 7/5/2014I took my girlfriend here for her birthday and we loved it, great wine list and even better foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Eveninggreat4bdayDined on 7/1/2014We came to Beatrice & Woodsley for a birthday and the experience was wonderful. The service and food were great.Special Features:
- No place like itSerious4funDined on 6/29/2014The food was very good. We were there for brunch. The space is amazing. The most unique and awesome looking restaurant I have ever been in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/27/2014The reviews are a little mixed so we weren't sure what to expect but had a great dinner experience. The pimento cheesecake, watermelon beet salad, and ahi special entree were all fresh and unique - perfect for summer. The decor is awesome and also makes it a special place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool place for dinnerMichiganguyDined on 6/22/2014Really interesting ambiance, fascinating wine list (I think almost all the by-the-glass wines were rose when I visited, which was fun). Small portions, but very good. The tomato tart small place was really good. I had the trout special that night; sauces on side were tasty additions. Overall, a nice place I'd return to. Fair return on investment.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/15/2014This restaurant was real fun and interesting. I took my family for brunch I can't wait until I go back for dinner.Special Features:
- No signs,highchairs or current menuTeamgreenDined on 6/15/20141st-Where's the sign? Are you that pretentious that you think people want to actually search for the number "38" in your address? Put a sign up outside like the rest of the businesses in the world so people can find you. 2nd-No Highchairs?.... Seriously? I eat out a A LOT of places and they all have some family accommodation.. Most "foodies" bring the whole gang out to eat. They are well behaved and surprisingly appreciate good food. 3rd-You have more drinks than you do food items... Sure I like to have a drink with my food. But you need more items and add some meat! 4th-When we first sat down, the waitress proceeded to update 3 meals that that were "now" completely different items than what was on the menu... PRINT NEW MENUS!
- The decor is worth it!ElizabethDined on 6/14/2014Not only was brunch delicious, but I felt as if I was eating in a secret forest. Every detail was thought out. A wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- small eatsMetroManDined on 6/13/2014Beatrice & Woodsley has great ambience and service. The food tastes very good. But.... be prepared that the portions are very small - I mean very. The appetizers aren't really enough for one person - let alone if you like to share. And, the prices are way high for what you get. We had one entree, two appetizers and two glasses of wine each (2 people) and the tab was about $110... be prepared and don't go here if you are starving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative and diverse menuFoodCriticVIPDined on 6/9/2014Love this place - the decor is fascinating and whimsical, and the good even better. The chef is not shy about trying new things, so you can join in the risk taking and go for it (though I don't recommend the parsnip steak though it was worth a shot). Funny experience where they were out of 2 of the liquor choices I made, but the waiter handled it with dignity and grace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem!QuireQween4Dined on 6/9/2014We had a lovely meal at this gorgeous and really different restaurant. The menu is very interesting with the food very well prepared and beautifully presented. We shared four small plates so we could experience as many of the flavors as we could. Crawfish Beignets were excellent and a delightful surprise. The escargots were cooked in a less traditional way with the inventive touch of sweet pea purée. The interior of the restaurant is worth a trip even without a meal - the designed is to be commended. Birch trees appear to be growing inside, and one MUST visit the bathroom. Be sure to look up when there!Special Features:
- Gotta go!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/8/2014Great ambiance , well designed interiors and crafted menu to match. Not your typical , which we appreciated !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was Okay....Kai1Dined on 6/3/2014The atmosphere was something new and different. The decor was beautiful, very romantic. The menu option was small. I feel like there wasn't enough options to choose from. It took a while for our drinks and appetizers to come out. Our waiter was nice and awesome. The staff was great but the problem was the food and how expensive it is. I had better dishes at a much lower price. It was still an awesome experience, we wanted to try something new and unfortunately it was just okay. Went down the street for ice-cream.Special Features:
- Best part is the decormidiwekaVIPDined on 6/2/2014Best aspect of this restaurant is the decor. The service can be uneven, the food is good
- Interesting restuarant/barOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/1/2014Was attending a convention in Denver and had dinner here for a party of six - at first when we arrived by cab we were like - uh oh, but once we went through the doors all changed for the better. We had a great time and my guests totally enjoyed the dinner/drinks/service. The décor is remarkable. I would highly suggest for a Thu/Fri/Sat night - we went on a Sunday so place was not packed but that was okay since it was with customers. Food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placebdaycelebrantsDined on 5/31/2014We were a group of 5 and had a wonderful time celebrating a birthday. The food was great and the waiter made spot on suggestions for the food and the wine. I would recommend this restaurant for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!UnicycleCharlieDined on 5/30/2014A friend and I had been walking past this place for several years, always intrigued by the decor, and we'd look at the menu in the window saying, we should go here some day. Well someday came! We finally made reservations and went in last Friday and it was a real treat. The ambiance is unique and very welcoming and comfortable. The service was attentive and friendly. The food was incredible and well portioned. Have already recommended to friends and will continue to. I can't wait for my next visit! Checkout the restrooms and the sinks and be sure to look up on the whole restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceTastyanddeliciousDined on 5/21/2014The service was excellent, the wild boar burgers were very tasty, and the Aspen tree decor is so unique at this intimate dining restaurant. Your options of size to purchase in reference to wine is wonderful. My husband and I do not have the same taste in wine, so we were able to each order a 1/2 bottle which was fantastic! We will be back and have recommended your restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as it getsoligatrDined on 5/21/2014This is a great place to take a date if you want to impress. Service is impeccable and the food is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gem on BroadwayDenverdinerDined on 5/18/2014Beautiful atmosphere tucked right off the street. Interesting, eclectic menu that is tasty, and far from run of the mill. Staff was incredibly attentive and the fruit infused water was a tasty touch as well as the blood orange mimosas. Had to park 3 blocks away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pedestrian foodHonestChrisVIPDined on 5/17/2014The ambience and decor are outstanding, but the food not so much. Very pleasant, and nothing wrong, but just average for a good restaurant.
- Nice brunchalley71catDined on 5/17/2014I've been here several times. The interiors are so pretty! The food is delicious and fresh. For brunch must share a cinnamon roll (Monkey Brains) with friends before your meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A-MAZING!friendship4brunchDined on 5/17/2014I booked this place for a friend's 40th brunch and it was so nice! The service was friendly, helpful, attentive and beyond the expectations.....the decor is pretty unique and awesome! Food was the right amount and the right amount of different...Special Features:
- Delicous all aroundtg5280Dined on 5/16/2014The ambiance alone is impressive, as the interior was clearly designed to be a work of art in itself. My wife and I's first visit included amazing cocktails at the bar. We were hooked and on our second return, had dinner. Our server was excellent and helped us make great choices throughout the meal. Food was southern-influenced with a creative and modern twist. Crawfish Beignets, trout cakes, and catfish were all delicious. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedaknittedbrowVIPDined on 5/14/2014There's a new chef at Beatrice & Woodsley and has apparently not found the secret to food that wows! My earlier visits to the restaurant left me in amazement with the quality and creativity of the menu. This time I was disappointed. The food was good (the pimiento cheese cheesecake was the only item we had that did have a wow factory), but not worth the price we paid.
- Simply our favoriteChristopherDined on 5/12/2014This is the only place I can say deserves 5 stars that I have visited in Colorado. Every bite is good enough to the last one I ever take and I could then die happy. Every aspect of this place is part of why it is so amazing and worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day Brunchfoodie9Dined on 5/11/2014We recently went to B&W for Mother's Day brunch and had a great meal. The restaurant opened with a pre-fixed menu for the day that had a generous amount of delicious food. The asparagus soup appetizer, cassoulet main course, and dessert of biscuits and strawberries were great. I had the gluten free options on the menu, and the restaurant used separate dishes to serve everything on, which was a definite plus. Our only discomfort came from the wait staff. Our server forgot agave syrup for coffee for a diabetic member of our party, and when we asked for them he responded impatiently, as if it was our fault. Overall, though, a great experience and one we would repeat again and again!Special Features:
- Mother's Day GatheringNeighborFoodieDined on 5/10/2014Our family had a wonderful experience for brunch on the Saturday before Mother's day. The big comfortable booth was great for conversation and the menu offered a new twist on some old standards. So enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- famebcatDined on 5/4/2014Our waiter seemed disinterested, at best. Food is fantastic!Special Features:
- LeahLeahDined on 5/4/2014Good food, a little pricy for a very small omelette but overall good service and great aesthetics.Special Features:
- Great Night OutkristarDined on 5/3/2014Atmosphere: My design friend was impressed. Service: The server checked for any dietary restrictions and our water glasses were kept full without it being annoying. Appetizer: The cheese board had a very nice variety of cheeses and preserved veg/fruit. Cocktails: Jack and the Sour Peach was good, but the Port Pearadise was excellent! Entrees: Sharecroppers' Pie was delish (my companions agreed), a steak special, and the Car Eatin' Catfish, none of which disappointed. The portions looked small compared to other "American" restaurants, but really were just the right size. Dessert: Banana Pain Perdue (basically french toast made with banana bread) got mixed reviews. It's not very sweet, but I enjoyed it. FYI: The bathroom sink is amusing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceDiningNDenverDined on 5/3/2014Beatrice and Woodsley was recommended as a must see by a friend and let me tell you it did not disappoint. The food was amazing, the ambiance and decor completely blew us away, and the service was great. The location is awesome as well as there are tons of things to do in walking distance after dinner. (Love Baker!) Pricy but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks for letting us stayBrynMawrGirlDined on 5/3/2014The food and ambiance were great for three old friends getting together from different parts of the country. We had a lot to talk about. Our waiter was so kind to continue to bring water and check on us long after we were finished. They were very understanding and did not make us feel as though we needed to move along. Thanks so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.