4121 Village Green
Whistler, BC V0N 1B4Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: CAN$51 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bearfootbistro.com/
- Phone: (604) 932-3433
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - late
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest, International
- Executive Chef: Melissa Craig
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Cocktails, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Catering: The Bearfoot Bistro understands that every celebration is unique~ that is why our catering and event plans are individually tailored to your specific needs. From intimate at home dinner parties to casual get togethers, corporate receptions to the wedding of your dreams, Bearfoot Bistro Catering is committed to working with you to create the perfect event.
- Private Party Facilities: The wine cellar, located under the restaurant floor, can seat a maximum of 30 people for dinner or a stand up reception for 60 people.
The Champagne Restaurant & Bar can seat a maximum of 56 people for dinner or a stand up reception for 175 people.
We can also make our dining room private and seat a maximum of 100 for dinner or a stand up reception for 350 people.
- Private Party Contact: Erin Kincaid 6049323433
- Entertainment: Jazz pianist Cameron Chu plays nightly. Saturday nights the Champagne Lounge lights up it"s disco ball, fires up the DJ and provides a sophisticated venue for post dinner drinks and dancing.
- Special Events: Dine In Whistler Special (May&June) $49 3 course menu $98 5 course menu $29-surf and turf menu At the Champagne Restaurant & Bar
A word from Bearfoot Bistro
Dining at the Bearfoot Bistro is more than a meal: It"s a culinary journey. It's the combination of a familiar flavor with a new technique, a local ingredient given an international twist.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bearfoot Bistro - Best Restaurants in Whistler Village ›
Bearfoot Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (11)special occasion (11)notable wine list (11)romantic (9)good for groups (4)hot spot (3)neighborhood gem (3)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- late night dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/10/2014We had a great late night dinner at the Bearfoot Bistro. Ambiance was energetic and the service was great with no hovering, Food was delicious and we had the November set menu and were delighted with the choices. My partner's lamb was a little over cooked but within a few minutes the dish was replaced with a perfectly cooked piece of lamb. Wine list was extensive with a good range. Would definitely go back...Special Features:
- Best food at WhistlerKatherineDined on 11/10/2014We had an amazing dinner here. The food was beautifully prepared and meticulously served. It is a beautifully designed room with comfortable chairs, roomy tables placed not too close together, and interesting art works. High-end dining and worth every dollar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- peanutsDined on 11/8/2014Bearfoot does not disappoint! The food delights your eyes with impeccable plating and your taste buds with amazing flavor. Service is fine dining with a flair of fun. A truly enjoyable and need to come back dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You'll leave hungry!OurnightoutDined on 11/8/2014We went to the Barefoot Bistro for the first time this past weekend and were quite disappointed. While the service was good and the ambiance nice, we were quite disappointed with the food. The only options were off a five course dinner menu. While the flavours were nice enough, the portions were very small. I had the duck which was delicious but I was quite literally served two bites worth. My husband had the flat iron steak and he got four slices. We have eaten at many fine dining establishments and never left so unsatisfied. Especially considering the prize tag was over $250 for the two of us.
- Perfect GetawaycoohkiemonsterDined on 11/3/2014My first time dining at such a divine restaurant and treating myself to something out of the ordinary, and I couldn't be more pleased with the overall experience. The food is to die for; the chef is a magician I swear!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Refined, comfortable settingluvspecialDined on 11/3/2014A wonderful dining experience. Warm, refined, comfortable atmosphere with skilled, attentive, polite waiters/waitresses - also friendly,pleasant, very well dressed and professional. Just what I was looking for to enjoy a special, memorable time with my date. The piano music was a treat. I felt appreciated and valued as a diner. Impeccable service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly great for vegans!srgriufghsdjfhg563Dined on 10/29/2014I was a bit put off at first because immediately the hostess refused to give us water that didn't cost $3. When the hostess left and our waitress arrived, with $3 water, we didn't say anything because we didn't want to make it into a big deal (seems like a touchy subject for Bearfoot -- perhaps they should try not charging $3 for water through a fancy filtration system, considering Whistler has some of the best tap water in the world). Anyway, our waitress was lovely and the food was amazing. Best 5 course vegetarian meal I've had in Whistler so far. Every course was presented and accented perfectly and each dish had so many flavours! They made a plate of carrots taste unreal. Kudos to the chef/s!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 387 reviews are from the Bearfoot Bistro reviews archive.
- Great spot for our anniversaryNicknameDined on 7/13/2013Pricey, but we found that it was worth it. The service was exceptional and the dishes were all great. We both really enjoyed the five-course menu.Special Features:
- Over priced for the foodRMGoudarziDined on 7/6/2013This was our first and last visit to this place. Whistler is full of great places to eat and if you are looking for an exceptional experience this is not the place. Considering the cost, every dish was given to the wrong person on a 3 person table! The dishes themselves are just ok. They are nothing exceptional but the price is. For someone who likes a good restaurant experience, I found the place very expensive for food that was at best nothing exceptional. If you want to have an experience at this sort of price I would suggest Araxi instead.
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/6/2013We went to Barefoot Bistro for our wedding anniversary. The food was amazing and the service was outstanding. We asked about the availability of the vodka room/experience. We were not able to see the vodka room as it was already booked by a large group. The room is available on a first come/first serve basis and restaurant guests have first priorty which is understandable. I would suggest Barefoot Bistro to friends and I will be going back next time we are in Whistler.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Whistler TripOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/5/2013Can't say enough about this great restaurant. Food was amazing! We had a 5 course meal and it just got better and better. The have a ice room there and it was a great experience. The service was impecable! I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Impeccable serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/30/2013The service was outstanding and food fantastic and the visit to the winecellar was unforgettable!!! Only draw back was the large family that sat down loudly for dinner, only wished the adults were as well behaved as the kids. We will definately return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/22/2013We had a lovely dinner last Saturday to celebrate our daughter's graduation from high school. Thanks for making it memorable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The perfect special occasionHappyCamperDined on 6/14/2013My boyfriend and I enjoyed Bearfoot Bistro and tried their 5-course spring menu for $48. The food was absolutely phenomenal and was followed by a dessert of fresh made ice cream right at our table using liquid nitrogen. A couple of the things that surprised me on the bill at the end of the night: our water cost $6 each.... Then the shot of either baileys or caramel syrup they served to flavour our ice cream also cost extra as well as the small tray of toppings they left at our table (a couple tiny pots of sauces, some raspberries, nuts, and a couple other things). Those extra costs just caught me a little off guard at the end, but overall an excellent night out with a delightful ambience and amazing food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday visitBreezeDined on 6/7/2013Good day it was my brides b day and we were here at New Years for our first visit and enjoyed the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic! Best food in WhistlerOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/6/2013I read plenty of reviews complaining about this place for 2 reasons, the price and the stuffy service. I enjoyed the 5 course spring menu for $49 so was much cheaper than normal but the food here is worth the price. Beautiful fine dining options presented perfectly and tasted incredible. The combination of flavors was superb. Service was very friendly and professional as I would expect from this kind of restaurant. I knocked my cocktail over and they were very good at clearing it up and replaced it at no extra charge. I would agree with the criticism of the water charge ($6 pp) just becuase there was no prior warning but did not tarnish a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/29/2013We thoroughly enjoyed our meal. We had the 5 course summer tasting menu and enjoyed all the courses although the desserts were probably the highlight. It would have been nice to have an a la carte selection but there was still a good selection on the tasting menu and overall it was pretty good value for money. We would definitely go back when the menu changes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very welcoming and relaxingyumyumguy5Dined on 5/25/2013very welcoming and relaxing environment. Food was of excellent quality and value for money. The combinations of food were exceptional. Service very good. Will certainly return and recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazin... food so designerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/16/2013funny thing was ordering drinks... that was the oddest thing... took soo long...didn't expect that from this gem of a restaurant...the food rocked...Special Features:
- Inventive, delicious tasting menuOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2013I had been wanting to visit Bearfoot Bistro and the Dine-in offer caught my husband's eye. It was the perfect opportunity to try Bearfoot's fine dining offerings. Starter, first and second courses of the tasting menu were inventive and delicious. The cheese course (gouda mousse and a crispy ribbon of cheesy biscuit) was good, but we would have enjoyed it more if it was a selection of fine cheeses. Dessert was a treat (my husband would have loved for the dessert to be more ample!) Overall, it was a lovely experience and met my expectations of a fine dining experience in Whistler. A great Spring treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceronaldothomasDined on 5/10/2013service is great and you will always find someone around you when you needed them. food is awesome with introduction to all courses when they arrive. amazing wine selections and the one -32 degree Celsius vodka room had added extra value to the restaurant. a must try nitro ice cream is one of the best I have ever had. thank you all and especially john, our server. (I seldomly remember server's name but he's just too outstanding.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional!!!StarfishDined on 5/8/2013Food and service was exceptional! Enjoyed the extra effort placed on a good sound system, comfortable and trendy seating and sparkly lighting. Staff could not have been more courteous, attentive and engaging. My girlfriend and I had a special evening that will long be remembered...thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dine In Whistler Experience!CigarAfficionadoDined on 5/6/2013My girlfriend and I traveled up to Whistler to take advantage of the Dine In Whistler event. I've enjoyed the Bearfoot Bistro's Champagne Lounge every time I go to Whistler (every couple of months), this is the first time dining in the restaurant side. We first enjoyed some oysters for apres in the lounge, then scooted over to the dining room for dinner. Perfection. That was the experience from beginning to end. The food preparation and delivery was spot on, my girlfriend could not stop with the praises. The Dine In menu of only $41 for five courses was an added bonus as I could have paid triple the amount and still feel like I got my money's worth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/3/2013Had 3 rounds of oysters before diner..great. Diner was menu for dine in whistler..outstanding. Best of all was the wine..huge wine list,very good selection of really good wine. Love the layout of place. Tables situated for a private dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True culinary experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2013Dining at the Bearfoot Bistro is a culinary adventure. Varied ingredients excite all the different areas of the palate. Local and regional seasonal ingredients simply wow!Special Features:
- Fabulous food, terrible service.YaletowndinnerDined on 5/3/2013This was the 5th time that I have dined at the BB.If it had been my first it would have been my last. The redeeming part of dining experience was the incredible food, & is the reason that we have returned to the BB for our past several visits to Whistler. Simply, our waiter Pascal was overtly rude, inattentive and generally unpleasant. I am sure we received such terrible service was because we had our 2 year old with us. Our daughter said “hello” to Pascal a minimum of 10 times and he never acknowledge her, he did not bring me my cocktail until after we had eaten most of our oysters, poured the wine I had ordered for my main as soon as I ordered it (before appetizers) & took forever to bring the bill etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/19/2013Great food experience! We can always rely on bearfoot for a great dining experience.Special Features:
- We had the five course setOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/17/2013We had the five course set menu at $48 per person. Price is not bad at all, considering the quality of the food. Everything was excellent! I loved the carrot appetizer with the toasted buckwheat. The corn soup was heavenly. Long cod was excellent and so was the short rib. We had the nitro ice cream for an additional $16 per person just for fun. It was very good but would probably not order that again next time. The other desserts were just as good. We really enjoyed the experience.Special Features:
- It seemed a bit all show andPatrycjaVIPDined on 4/11/2013It seemed a bit all show and no delivery to me. The food wasn't spectacular but it looked pretty. Limited choice because it was only a fixed price menu. No a la carte available. Timing and communication wasn't the greatest by the staff. I felt like I could have been eating in any old dining hall. Ambiance and décor need work. As someone who knows costing of wine, the wine list overrated and way, way overpriced.Special Features:
- Overpriced and OverratedTipsygirl11VIPDined on 3/27/2013From the moment I walked in, I felt like I was at a used car dealership. The sell ups and up charges left us feeling fleeced. Worst dining experience and most expensive ($200 per person) I've ever had.
- Great dining as usual. EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/16/2013Great dining as usual. Enjoyable live music. Awesome time with friends in Whistler.
- I went with my friends duringOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/9/2013I went with my friends during our ski vacation and this restaurant was the highlight of our trip. It has a fun vibe, excellent service & it's hard to beat the selection of unique activities you can do during dinner. As a champagne connoisseur I was able to choose from a long list of fabulous champagnes & then proceed to sabre the top off of the bottle between courses. The food was incredible! And then you can make your own nitrous ice cream with smoking cauldron and all! I highly recommend Bearfoot Bistro. Just be forewarned to bring a your wallet because you have to pay to play!Special Features:
- Poor service and not goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/9/2013Poor service and not good value for money. Trading on past greatness that has now lost its way
- VERY over priced! AlthoughOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2013VERY over priced! Although the food we ate was above average, there is no way a bowl of soup and a vegetarian dish with a few potatoes on the plate is worth $100. We added the Nitro icecream which added $20 per person. We were there for a special occasion and decided to try the champagne sabering. The prices on the menu are per glass.. Be careful. We almost got stuck with a $600 bottle of champagne. The guy that took us down to the wine cellar talked so fast and made us feel like we were inconveniencing him. For an experience you'll probably do once in your life, it was very disappointing. If you're looking for an experience that will cost a mortgage payment try the Barefoot Bistro. We will not be returning.Special Features:
- Disappointing experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/28/2013Disappointing experience! The dining room wasn't particularly attractive and the overall noise level was awful. We had a table which was too big for our party to permit easy conversation; the clamor from the kitchen and the bad piano led to an increase in the volume of conversations elsewhere. Dinner and service were good but not great. The bill was not cheap. Overall I' d say this was poor!!!
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/16/2013Service was terrible. We waited 15-20 minutes to be seated and took another 20 minutes to get our order taken. By this time it was almost 10:30 pm. The restaurant was very busy when we arrived but by this time, it was relatively slow. We were 4 people and all of us were very surprised it took so long to get our food, to get the table cleaned after each course and at the end, to get the check. It seems the staff was more worried about cleaning the restaurant to get it ready for the following day than to take care of our table. We arrived at 9:20pm and left at 12:30am (we literally were the next to last table to leave). It was a very expensive bill for an average service. Not coming back again.
- A treasure of a find!!!bth94131VIPDined on 2/15/2013This was a real treasure of a find for use. Great view, service and food. Will defanetly go back when in Vancouver.Special Features:
- Great food. Well-presented.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Great food. Well-presented. But, noisy environment.Special Features:
- Arrogant SommelierOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/13/2013The food was very good and the trip to the vodka room was great fun. Our biggest disappointment of the night was the extremely rude and arrogant Sommelier. He was clearly indignant at our choice of wine (a family friends vineyard which is significantly better than the clearly overpriced selections he was recommending). When we asked why he recommened them he had no idea. We (a party of 5)found his attitude clealry out of touch with the restaurant and the whistler vibe in general. Although we had a good night, we would not recommend the restaurant to friends simply because of that experience.Special Features:
- $65 corkage fee!SilverOakBobDined on 2/13/2013It's a very nice upscale place, however, we would like to see a regular menu rather than the fixed combo selections w surcharges for substitutions. Also, $65 corkage is THE HIGHEST we've ever paid. We do not plan to come back.Special Features: