25 West 56th St.
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.beaconnyc.com/
- Phone: 2123320500
- Hours of Operation:
Open all day for lunch and dinner Monday through Friday from 11:30 am. Saturday Dinner 4:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday Dinner 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Our bar is open from 12 noon to Midnight.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Waldy Malouf
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our goal is to make your event unique and memorable. We offer a variety of menus that can be tailored to your banquet needs. Chef Waldy Malouf uses the freshest ingredients available to create intense, flavorful modern cuisine. To compliment your fare, you may choose wine from our award-winning list of over 200 selections. Our experience and attention to every detail will enable you to enjoy your special occasion, and the company of your guests, without concern.
- Private Party Facilities: Chef Waldy Malouf's impressive multi-level American restaurant and event space easily accommodates up to 400 people. We use the freshest ingredients available to create an intense, flavorful modern cuisine. We offer a variety of menus that can be tailored to meet all your banquet needs.
- Private Party Contact: Lonnie Barnett 8887134676
- Special Events: We celebrate every holiday so join us with your friends and family and leave the cooking and service up to Beacon.
- Cross Street: 56th Street between 5th and 6th Avenue
- Public Transit: N/R line to 7th Avenue and 57th Street F line to 6th Avenue and 57th Street 4,5,6 to 59th Street and Lexington Avenue
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking is validated at the second garage on the left on 56th Street. Validation up to $15.00 is offered after 5:00pm and is good until 1:00am. Street parking is also available.
A word from Beacon
“A chef-driven steakhouse” - is how Chef Waldy Malouf describes his spectacular new restaurant & bar. Beacon is imbued with a feeling of camaraderie, energy and hospitality; a generosity of spirit that starts in the kitchen and resonates throughout the restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Beacon reviews from OpenTable diners
- Food was mediocre and theOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 12/21/2012Food was mediocre and the staff was a bit overwhelmed.
- No cloisters for those oysters.chefmecheVIPDined on 12/20/2012I am sorry to learn they are going out of business. I hope Mr. Malouf will prepare those oysters somewhere else. Best oysters I EVER ate.
- I had not been to Beacon infood4meVIPDined on 12/20/2012I had not been to Beacon in some time, but experienced the same good food, good service and pleasant atmosphere I remembered. The pris fixe lunch is a good value. My request at the time of reservation for a quiet table was honored.Special Features:
- Convenient location for CityLusezDined on 12/19/2012Convenient location for City Center events. Good but not great food.
- Used the TravelZoo voucher.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/18/2012Used the TravelZoo voucher. Great deal. Sorry to see that the Beacon is closing.Special Features:
- The food was incredible --NYCBobVIPDined on 12/17/2012The food was incredible -- superb appetizers, steaks and desserts. Great wine!Special Features:
- It is so sad that NYC is aboutFoodieGirlVIPDined on 12/17/2012It is so sad that NYC is about to lose such a gem! This restaurant has good service and fantastic food!! I've dined here for both brunch and dinner, and the food has been amazing every time!! Beacon surely will be missed!!!Special Features:
- Although, this establishmentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/17/2012Although, this establishment is no longer in operation. My boyfriend and I celebrated his bday and had an exceptional time!Special Features:
- Brunch has a very good selection.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/16/2012Brunch has a very good selection. The restaurant is very comfortable, and we never felt rushed.Special Features:
- All of the above. So sadOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 12/15/2012All of the above. So sad that this restaurant will be closing soon. We are really going to miss it. :(
- Service at its worst!DSSSVIPDined on 12/15/2012Although the food was very good, the service from our waiter was HORRIBLE! After being seated we waited 20 minutes before the waiter appeared, the restaurant wasn't busy. The waiter didn't ask about drinks just asked what we wanted to eat, he had a total attitude. One drink took 25 minutes to get after ordering. The other waitstaff was friendly and efficient
- I am so sorry they are closing.saddeclineVIPDined on 12/14/2012I am so sorry they are closing. I hope they open a new one soon.Special Features:
- food ok but had a 9 pm reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/13/2012food ok but had a 9 pm reservation sat down ordered a drink and told at 9:20 you have to order because the kitchen is closing
- Hands down the most simplynjswedeVIPDined on 12/12/2012Hands down the most simply but best roasted oysters ever! They were so good that the one appetizer turned into four orders...couldn't get enough of them!Special Features:
- The absolute BEST filet mignonOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/12/2012The absolute BEST filet mignon I have EVER had, and I have had many! The fish portion was small and my dining partner was left hungry. The appetizers were excellent. The chocolate souffle was great, but the strawberries in balsamic was not executed correctly and the vinegar did not carmelize enough to add the needed sweetness. It was like sucking on a lime. The idea was great but needed work.Special Features:
- Can anyone say a throw-backnycmommaVIPDined on 12/8/2012Can anyone say a throw-back to Mad Men? Food was good but nothing extra special. Souffle at the end was great and always impressive. Scene was mixed, not cool nor chic but looked tourist-y and a bit dated.Special Features:
- This was our first time visitingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/7/2012This was our first time visiting NYC and the trip was a 50th birthday surprise from my husband. Dinner at The Beacon was recommended through Travelocity and was well worth it. The food was outstanding and plentiful. The staff was very friendly. We would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Had a great meal,good waiterTheRavenDined on 12/6/2012Had a great meal,good waiter (Carlos) and a wonderful night during Christmas season in NYC. However, a review is not going to to anyone any good since the restaurant has lost their lease and is closing on December 22. I'm glad I experienced the Beacon and would have been a return customer had it remained open.Special Features:
- It is indeed a shame thatjgbrosDined on 12/6/2012It is indeed a shame that the Beacon will depart the NYC scene, another casualty of the ups' and downs' of the real estate market. Chef Malouf's restaurant was and is until 22 Dec. a wonderful mixture of casual ambiance with sufficient formality for business and formal occasions. The bar is great with good staff and seasonal drinks to complement a well stocked larder of liquid refreshments. And the food, as always great specials to try. I had swordfish with fennel with a sauce with just enough capers to add some spicy overtones. The traditional menu has lots of favorites and styles enough to generally capture my food mood. So if you can, stop by to enjoy and savor the last of one of my favorite NYC spots as were lots of us did on 12/6Special Features:
- Dining at The Beacon ThisOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/5/2012Dining at The Beacon This is basicly A steak house with excellant steak done to perfection. The appetizers were wonderful and the chocalate souffle for desert was great. Service was very good. Overall an enjoyable evening of super food.Special Features:
- Go to restaurantRs11215VIPDined on 12/4/2012Besides great food great physical layout. Lots of different spaces for different sized groups. LOVE the oysters!Special Features:
- Place is always empty. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/4/2012Place is always empty. Service is always slow and wait staff difficult to find. Food was very good, but will not go back with clients due to poor service. I have eaten here many times. This experience was consistent with earlier visits.
- food was excellent. Our serverOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/3/2012food was excellent. Our server was very knowledgeable and friendlySpecial Features:
- I will surely miss the scrumptiousBlin38Dined on 12/3/2012I will surely miss the scrumptious oysters and the heavenly chocolate chip soufflé. Had to go one last time before this wonderful restaurant closes. Never had a bad meal. Celebrated many Thanksgiving Day meals here. Nothing lasts forever… hoping Waldy opens up a new establishment soon.Special Features:
- A Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/3/2012I've have dinner at Beacon almost every time I'm in New York. This was the best ever. Hanger steak is wonderful and loved the beets served with it. A wonderful dessert of fruit crunch and pistachio ice cream.Special Features:
- First trip to NYC. Food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/1/2012First trip to NYC. Food was very good. Ambiance so so. Very nice people, but not sure if I'd rush back on my next visit.Special Features:
- As always, the food was fabulous,ReviewfromOct192013VIPDined on 12/1/2012As always, the food was fabulous, and the service -- although a little slow -- was attentive without being intrusive. It is a shame that the restaurant is closing at the end of the month. New York is losing a true gem.Special Features:
- Beacon was excellent. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/1/2012Beacon was excellent. The wait staff was very helpful and attentive. The food was excellent! Would definitely come back and recommend to friends and family. Keep up the good work!!Special Features:
- We have eaten at Beacon manyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/30/2012We have eaten at Beacon many times and food was not up to their tankards. Restaurant seemed tired. Spoke with Wally and then later found out they are closing. We have had many great meals there in the past..this wasn't one of them.
- A great night at the BeaconOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/26/2012The Beacon is an amazing restaurant! I heard the chef being interviewed on NPR and wanted to try it out. I don't like to write reviews because they all sound the same, and in general, are not much help. Everyone's experience is their own so I don't judge, but, if you are reading, and do care a bit about someone else's experience... hands down the service was exceptional, the food was fantastic, and the Beacon really played a huge part in an amazing night in celebrating my fiancé's birthday. Thanks to the staff for great time and delicious food.Special Features:
- Excellent steaks, venison,MorkVIPDined on 11/26/2012Excellent steaks, venison, fish...good locale for relaxed conversation. Service impeccable.
- This was our third time eatingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/26/2012This was our third time eating here and we have enjoyed each time. The food was great, the service was nice and we enjoyed the ambiance . Thanks!
- Highly recommendedNoridancingVIPDined on 11/24/2012From wood grilled oysters and pizza to excellent entrees- delicious food and a very enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:
- wonderful...haven been atOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 11/22/2012wonderful...haven been at beacon in a couple of years...so sorry it's closing...have to go back before it does...Special Features:
- Great place to spend Thanksgiving.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012The food and staff are both excellent and well worth a visit.Special Features:
- Food was great, but quiteOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/18/2012Food was great, but quite expensive for brunch. Bottomless drinks are good too, but waiters are kind of slow to do refills. I got a good deal on Travelzoo.Special Features:
- We had a coupon for brunchmoosedomeVIPDined on 11/18/2012We had a coupon for brunch which was quite good value though not as good as they claimed. There was a good variety of main dishes and they were all quite tasty and generous. Heavy drinkers would do better since we didn't really get our money's worth out of the bottomless Bloody Mary's. The room is very pleasant and the waiters were friendly, especially to our baby granddaughter. Very convenient location so we'll probably go here again.Special Features:
- TERRIBLE EXPERIENCEFoodieVIPDined on 11/17/2012Experience was AWFUL! Had a special coupon offer that was deceptive in its explanation of inclusions. Service was worse than poor and waitress misinterpreted the conditions. When the check came, it included 2 charges for wine that we were advised would be absorbed in the coupon value even though we did not order a bottle. When we attempted to discuss the situation with the "manager", he supported the waitress Who was not even included in the discussion and refused IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER to make any accomodations. We have diiner in restaurants in Manhattan at least 2 to 3 times a week and have NEVER been treated so boorishly! Obviously, we would not recommend this Establishment.....
- Food & service were great.Sand1117Dined on 11/16/2012Service was friendly. Food was really good. Relaxed atmosphere. Went with a dining coupon, would definitely go back without one.
- the food was very good butOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/16/2012the food was very good but the service was terrible. The waiter brought the wrong drink, didn't bring the wine list despite being asked, brought a side dish that had been ordered before any appetizers had even come out, was brusque when asked a question and never came by to see how everything was.