Beacon Street Tavern
1032 Beacon Street
Brookline, MA 02446Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Beacon Street Tavern
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.beacon1032.com/
- Phone: 6177132700
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm; Late Night Menu Sunday/Monday 10:00pm - 12:30pm, Tuesday - Thursday 10:00pm - 1:00pm, Friday/Saturday 10:30pm - 1:00pm Bar open: Nightly: 5:00pm - 2:00am Brunch is currently not offered but will resume in late April, 2010. Reservations are not accepted for patio seating but preferences can be noted.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Zee Vassos
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Nite Cap Lounge at the Beacon Street Tavern accommodates up to thirty seated guests and forty for a cocktail reception. This gorgeous room has its own bar and fireplace and is prefect for creating your own cozy, intimate and unique experience.
- Private Party Contact: Paul Walsh 617 713 2700
- Entertainment: Televisions and retractable Big Screen Music: Occasional Bands.
- Cross Street: St. Marys Street
- Public Transit: Restaurant is adjacent to St. Mary's T stop on the C line; Outbound from Boston it is the next stop after Kenmore Square.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking at metered spots or on adjacent streets. Parking free after 8pm weekdays and Saturday. Sunday and holidays free parking. Parking rates vary on Red Sox game days.
A word from Beacon Street Tavern
Located at Brookline’s border to Boston, this relaxed kitchen and bar offers American cuisine, helpful service and welcoming atmosphere. This woody, spacious beautifully-lit bar and grill emits aura of cozy neighborliness (with a lively outdoor patio to boot). Its menu where the emphasis is on quality and value, is one that ably walks the line between comfort food and contemporary creations. The Nitecap Lounge, a separate room with its own bar is the perfect venue for a private functions or a just a relaxing drink on the weekends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Beacon Street Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
- The food here is excellent.atmosphericVIPDined on 4/13/2013The food here is excellent. The veggie burger was house made and yum--not a given for vegetarians in Boston. They are closing for renovations, which is good, as the place looks like a college frat house. Hopefully when they reopen, the surroundings will match the excellence of the food.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful meal atPOWEL6Dined on 3/26/2013We had a wonderful meal at Beacon Street Tavern. The Bison Bolognese with Balsamic Glaze was the standout of the night. Without the same rancor of a previous post on Tripadvisor, I concur that the quacamole has too much lime/lemon for our taste but didn't stop us from eating every bite. We had a great table in an oversized velvet banquette where we felt somehow like we had slid through the looking glass. I recommend this restaurant for anyone looking for a very good meal in a pleasant environment. Parking was easy on the street.Special Features:
- As always, wonderful food,bermudaonionVIPDined on 3/17/2013As always, wonderful food, terrific Chef, great staff. Lauren is wonderful, remembeing us by name, so informative re. beers and so warm. What a great spot to have in the neighborhood, and be able to be regulars!Special Features:
- Will go againjrchicago9Dined on 3/2/2013I was there at an off time so it wasn't noisy but might be in busy times. Servers were great and food came in right amount of time. This wasn't a date but it would be a great place for a date. I'd go back.
- We were celebrating a birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/23/2013We were celebrating a birthday and had a great dinner.Special Features:
- Great for DrinksOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2013Food was good, not great. I had the guacamole to start with and it tasted like they had put 85 lemons in it and that just blew my palate out for the rest of the meal. The service was fine, although the waitress seemed purposefully stand off ish. The restaurant itself is very cool inside, and I like the dim lighting, but overall I would only go back here to grab a drink. Probably not to eat.Special Features:
- pleasantly surprised - veryRobertVIPDined on 2/2/2013pleasantly surprised - very nice people, nice booths, and the menu while limited was quite good. a few people had steak tips that were great, and the chicken tacos and mahi were also very good. And all at a reasonable price. Could become a go-to informal place for us!Special Features:
- We had an excellent, upscaleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/20/2012We had an excellent, upscale meal with wonderful service in their hip bar atmosphere. Will certainly to to Beacon St. again!Special Features:
- The food and scene are fun.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/15/2012The food and scene are fun. They have a good ambiance and yet it is a good date place or place to catch up with friends.
- Dark, loud and inexplicablyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/25/2012Dark, loud and inexplicably cold as there is no buffer for the door opening to the winter weather and blasting half the place with arctic air. Service was indifferent; food was very good.
- Even with less than stellarStefVIPDined on 9/22/2012Even with less than stellar service during this visit, BST is still one of our favorite local places. The food always delivers, drinks and wine are great, and the ambiance is perfect for a cozy fall evening out.Special Features:
- Had the burger, raw oystersAb123VIPDined on 9/22/2012Had the burger, raw oysters and fish tacos. Everything was good and and worth returning for. It doesn't claim to be anything special and it isn't. Totally decent.Special Features:
- Reliably GoodunaamigaDined on 8/25/2012Very quiet because we ate outside on a lovely summer evening. A friendly neighborhood place that reliably and consistently serves a fine meal.Special Features:
- Had a great time. Pre BruceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2012Had a great time. Pre Bruce Springsteen and previously post Red Sox. But was busy and hustling this time with great service and food. We all had a great time.Special Features:
- Excellent experience fromOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/14/2012Excellent experience from check-in to all the way through the check & some of the best mussels I've ever had! Thanks! Great job!Special Features:
- Sat on the patio on a nice,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/30/2012Sat on the patio on a nice, warm June evening and fully enjoyed our seating and the food was delicious as well. I would fully recommend this for a nice night out.Special Features:
- Interesting menu with somethingSuzyDined on 6/17/2012Interesting menu with something for everyone-vegetarians and meat lovers. Delicious food, love sitting outside when we can.Special Features:
- Bibb lettuce and pear salad,BrooklinerVIPDined on 6/14/2012Bibb lettuce and pear salad, scallop special of the day, and grilled chicken tacos all delicious and well presented.Special Features:
- Portions were very small.bermudaonionVIPDined on 6/13/2012Portions were very small. Food good. Did not feel like a customer. Felt like we were intruding. It would help of staff smiled, or at leat did not grimace? The waitress clapping when a large party left (she smiled then)went along with the whole staff vibe of not wanting people there. Vey few diners there. Staff defintiley is clear about not wanting to be there; miserable. Hostess checking smart phone and biting fingernails not a plus... Bad vibe.
- Brownie dessert took 20 minutesFrecklesDined on 6/10/2012Brownie dessert took 20 minutes to reach the table and was less than memorable -- dry, no presentation -- just an unattractive brown square with a scoop of ice cream on top of it.Special Features:
- Great place to bring a friendOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/8/2012Great place to bring a friend for one of those "haven't seen you in awhile" conversations. Drinks are great at a price where you feel free to order for that good time for a long talk. Food is plentiful and tasty. wait staff are friendly and non-intrusive. You don't feel rushed to get up and give them the table. You can't lose at this place. Take time to go.Special Features:
- Good food not so good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2012This is a nice place to go for dinner or drinks. The food was good and the prices were just. They have a good selection of wines and beers and a nice environment. The service was a bit slow though. We made reservations and still had to wait about 15 minutes for a table. The waitress seemed to have too much on her plate and took a long time to come to our table. She got our drinks and disappeared for a good amount of time before returning to take our order. She never brought bread to the table which we had to ask for when our food came.Special Features:
- Decent food, nice decorOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/24/2012Good solid meals - interesting, tasty, filling. Burgers are cooked to perfection. Hummus and cheese plate is lovely. Service is a bit lacking. We've been many times before and will likely return if we are in the neighborhood. Not really worth a special trip, but a good neighborhood staple. Outdoor seating is a major plus when the weather is nice!Special Features:
- I have been satisfied withOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/6/2012I have been satisfied with this establishment in the past. On my most recent visit however I found the menu offerings had been
- Noooot good that niight mostlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/5/2012Noooot good that niight mostly because of the rudness of the maitre d' and waitress. Plus the halibut was overcooked
- Amazing flavorsLuv2dineVIPDined on 4/29/2012The salad was great… I wish I ordered a regular sized salad in addition to the small salad on the entrée. We split two dishes, Fish and Steak…. Both were amazing!!!! Each food, sauce, appearance complemented each other. what a find…Special Features:
- Very fun atmosphere. I lovedAMulDined on 3/31/2012Very fun atmosphere. I loved the menu, and the food was pretty good. The drink menu is fantastic.Special Features:
- Go to restaurant!KquickVIPDined on 3/23/2012I always love coming here-the food is amazing and the menu always has something new to offer. I had the special-seared scallops with a sweet pea risotto and it was outstanding!Special Features:
- The hostess was lovely. TheRuthDined on 3/21/2012The hostess was lovely. The waiter, the worst. He was rude and after taking the order, never returned to the table. As it was a warm evening, when we asked for more water, we had to find the waiter, he retorted by saying he would get back to us. He NEVER did. WE finally asked the hostess for water and she kindly brought the water to us. I wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- Food was good, but out ofLaineyBDined on 3/20/2012Food was good, but out of dish I'd originally ordered. Looked like a good bar scene, but with friends and wanted to talk, so sometimes difficult to hear each other.
- Solid choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/17/2012The BST is a nice addition to the neighborhood and is certainly the best restaurant on that particular block. I have not had a bad meal there, and I'll go again for sure. Try the lounge in the back!Special Features:
- Always love coming here; theyKquickVIPDined on 2/25/2012Always love coming here; they have a great menu with very reasonable prices!Special Features:
- The food was good, but theOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/25/2012The food was good, but the wait staff was just slow, and we saw no indication that her table load was high. It took longer than it should have to be greeted, she forgot to tell us about the specials, and she forgot to put in the order for the entree for the couple who was next to us. I'd give it one more chance, but not on a Saturday night.Special Features:
- Baked brie, pear and arugulaBrooklinerVIPDined on 2/19/2012Baked brie, pear and arugula salad, steak tips -- all delicious. A wonderful meal at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- really yummy, but definitelyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/11/2012really yummy, but definitely not great for vegetarians. Otherwise, you'll LOVE their platters!Special Features:
- We had 2 age groups-one overSuzyDined on 1/29/2012We had 2 age groups-one over 50 and the other in their 20's, and this was a great place for both. Wonderful atmosphere, great music in the background, but low enough that we could easily hear each other talk. Wide variety of food for both vegetarians and carnivores. Excellent service. Would definitely go backSpecial Features:
- Beacon Street Tavern was alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/14/2012Beacon Street Tavern was always my roommates and my "go-to" for drinks, upscale interesting bar food when I lived in the area. Friendly staff and good service. I definitely recommend it!Special Features:
- Beacon Street Tavern mightOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/6/2012Beacon Street Tavern might have the BEST Steak Tips in the city. Do yourself a favor and order the Steak TipsSpecial Features:
- Made a last minute reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2011Made a last minute reservation here on NYE. It's cozy and has a nice ambiance. It's just a little too dark to see the menu and all the cool things on the walls. But, overall, it was a very comfortable place for a meal. The food was interesting and tasty. My cocktail was a little sour, but refreshing. The service was great; friendly host and attentive waitress. All in all, I'd go back.Special Features:
- We enjoy this for causal diningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/28/2011We enjoy this for causal dining or a quiet celebration. I was surprised at how good their baked cod was the first time I tried it and it has been consistently good every time since. Also steak tips and hamburgers are favorites for us. Food and service is what keeps us coming back.Special Features: