Beachside Restaurant and Bar
14160 Palawan Way
Marina Del Rey, CA 90292Neighborhood:
Marina del Rey
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Beachside Restaurant and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jamaicabayinn.com/dining.php
- Phone: (310) 439-3033
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Daily from 6:30am to 2:30pm
Dinner: Daily from 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Happy Hour: Daily from 3:30pm to 7pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Allyson Thurber
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Beachside has several areas for private dining, from a small boardroom, to a beautiful banquet room overlooking the marina and a picturesque patio that sits directly on Mother's Beach.
- Private Party Contact: Rebekah Sacher 3104393027x
- Special Events: Contact our event coordinator to plan your next event! Whether it is a baby shower, wedding or birthday party, we will make your cellebration one to remember.
A word from Beachside Restaurant and Bar
Located on Mother's Beach in Marina Del Rey, Beachside Restaurant & Bar offers a relaxed experience for sophisticated diners. Enjoy indoor and outdoor seating with beautiful views of the beach and marina. Our restaurant boasts large windows which seamlessly bring the beach, garden and marina inside. With nearly a third of the restaurant seating outside on the trellis-covered patio, our dining area offers a majestic setting with fire pits and expansive views. Easily accessible from the lobby of the Jamaica Bay Inn or its separate entrance on Palawan Way,Beachside Restaurant & Bar is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner and a great happy hour seven days a the week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Beachside Restaurant and Bar - Best Restaurants in Marina del Rey ›
Beachside Restaurant and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (59)scenic view (53)great for brunch (28)neighborhood gem (26)great for lunch (24)good for groups (14)kid-friendly (13)fit for foodies (11)special occasion (11)romantic (10)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- WandaDined on 11/10/2014We came for the happy hour. The cab was good. The carrot ginger soup very delicious. The fish tacos were fine. We had beef sliders once before, which were good. Hummus is very good. Overall, we'll return there for another happy hour get together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely view and great ambiancePJridoutDined on 11/8/2014If you are looking to sit out in the sun, enjoy a nice glass of wine and have a lovely time with friends/family, this si the place. the service was great. food is OK, not bad, but not outstanding either. I would definitely go there again. it is also extremely kid friendly and the staff is wonderful!Special Features:
- Service was MUCH too slowRoadWarriorVIPDined on 11/7/2014I arranged to meet a client for breakfast at 830 am on a Friday. The hostess was great and seated us right away. Our waitress took our drink orders and returned with one wrong drink. Then she disappeared for 20 minutes. I got up TWICE to find her. The first time, another waitress said she would send her over. Still nothing. I got up the second time to find the manager and ran into our waitress who then came over. The breakfast took two hours total. The place was nrry empty so there was no excuse (not was one given). We had 3 choices of restaurants. I wish I had chosen another. I will not return. And I do not recommend it. (Unless you like waiting an exorbitant amount of time to be waited on).Special Features:
- Rare Find on the Beach!AntieAnnieDined on 11/3/2014I'm afraid to review the Beachside Restaurant and Bar because I want to keep it a secret. With so much beach in Los Angeles, it's a shame that we don't have more restaurants that are this close to the sand and the water. I have been here three times for happy hour and one time for lunch. We have always had great service and good food. It's classy and comfortable at the same time.Special Features:
- Hit the MarinaOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/18/2014This little find is located inside a hotel in Marina Del Rey. The menu looked good so we decided to try it. The outside area was lacking in decor but the food was good and the view was lovely. We ordered three recommended breakfast items and tho they weren't incredibly hot they were very tasty. Unfortunately there were dogs allowed on the patio and several animals were barking as they were distracted by things outside the patio. Kinda disturbing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night manager was terrible!Savvy1VIPDined on 9/27/2014I rarely ever complain, however, it was a very special occasion for me and my fiancé. Hence, I feel the need to review The terrible manager. I had made a reservation for 12. I asked if another 12 could be accommodated. The manager proceeded to tell me not to expect good service. I was shocked! At this point, half of my group was already seated. Thus, we went ahead and say the other 12. Luckily, our server, Steve was wonderful. I would go back but, I would make sure that manager was not there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EarlDined on 9/14/2014The menu at 2pm on Sunday was terrible. It was all breakfast and sandwich selections. Need to evaluate entrée selections for afternoon patrons. We were even told the restaurant was closing at 2:30pm. Why open at all. We left and went to a restaurant across the street, which was excellent. This was a total waste of time.
- Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/14/2014This place is great for brunch. The food is good and the view is amazing. Service is on the slow side though so make sure you aren't in a hurry.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/9/2014Nice casual spot for lunch or dinner. Great view from outdoor seating. Happy hour small plates were a good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a great spotNemesisDined on 9/6/2014I brought my wife here for dinner on her birthday, and we absolutely loved it. The food is great and the view is beautiful. We're looking forward to coming back, and we intend to do so soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Views, PricesLAFoodieFunDined on 8/31/2014This is a great find in MDR. It may be a hotel restsurant, but locals love this place too and for good reason. The food is amazing especially for the price. The view of the Marina and the hotel's well manicured grounds makes for a beautiful surrounding. And. As a nice plus, dogs are allowed on the patio with their owners and are treated with water by the staff. They also have a nice Happy Hour every day. I'l be back for sure...might even become a regular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jmaica Bay beachside restaurant/barChillythefoodieDined on 8/30/2014Restaurant has a great view, friendly staff, food was good, except my Mahi Mahi was a tad overcooked. other that that it was really really good!! Great location, not too noisy, great ocean breezes.Special Features:
- Could be so much moreMarinaGirlDined on 8/29/2014This restaurant opened when the hotel in which it is located was remodeled a few years ago. It opened with a stellar menu geared to foodies. The restaurant chose instead to follow a more mainstream kind of menu that it felt was more appealing to its hotel guests (read: bland). Since, then, as the place has picked up in popularity due to its ocean breeze and view, the quality of its menu and service has steadily declined, to the point where even the iced tea is defectively weak. Come for happy hour, they haven't ruined the drinks yet. But beware at lunch time.Special Features:
- Marginal at bestCGallagherDined on 8/24/2014We arrived on time, promptly seated and then waited and waited and waited. Eventually I had to ask for service. After that things were fine, but fresh out of the gate set the stage for the experience. Won't be going back.Special Features:
- great waterside seatsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014The best part about Beachside is its location and outdoor seating (in the shade). Pleasant place to dine and visit with friends. The food is pretty good although the brunch menu is a bit limited. I wanted eggs benedict but there were none to be had...otherwise, food was fresh, service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor dining!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2014Beachside Restaurant is one of my favorite spots. The location is great and the view is fabulous, especially at sunset. The food is consistantly good, although they could add a few more vegetarian items to the menu. The waiters are the best, full of personality and knowledgeable about the menu. I have been there for brunch, lunch and dinner (my personal favorite) and enjoyed each experience. My only suggestion is that they hire an additional bar tender. When it is crowded you have to wait too long for your drinks to be served. All in all it's a great spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MagicDined on 8/17/2014First time diner, but won't be my last. It was a great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/14/2014Mentioned that we are local and they gave us a 10% discount. Other than the service being slightly slow (which was expected from reading previous reviews). We had a wonderful experience at Beachside. The wait staff, especially Brittney, was friendly and accommodating. We had the sliders and truffle fries for appetizers- both were great. For dinner we both had the specials- Scallops and Proscuitto wrapped pork tenderloin and enjoyed our meals. Too stuffed to have dessert after all that food.Special Features:
- Nice FindCAM5VIPDined on 8/14/2014The food was very tasty and the view was great. They have plenty of shade on a sunny day. We had a great lunch. It felt like we were on vacation with good food and the enjoying the out door dining.Special Features:
- Good outdoor experianceJPMartinDined on 8/13/2014A solid Happy Hour menu, very much pooch friendly (outdoors any way) and good food make this a nice spot for outdoor dining and especially for Happy Hour. Service was friendly and accommodating but our orders were split incorrectly. Not a huge deal...we worked it our. Down at the far end of the marina but a very nice patio and not nearly as stuffy as other hotel patios.Special Features:
- jjackflashVIPDined on 8/10/2014Waiter forgot to put our order in for nearly an hour until I started making a fuss. In fairness, they cut the bill by 50% and offered free desserts which we had to decline at that point due to the time. I'd rather have to pay full price and get my food on time, though. I understand that these things occur.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Reserved ahead of time when arrived we were ignored and not seated till 20 minutes after arrival. NO One even bothered to apologize for making us wait and once seated waited about ten minutes before drink order was taken or even acknowledged. The food was amazing but the service was beyond poorSpecial Features:
- Dinner on Tuesday eveningjon921Dined on 8/5/2014Dinner on outside patio...nice. But the service was very slow, therefore my food came out on the cold side. Not good when eating fish. I can only guess the waitress was too busy to pick it up when chef finished cooking it. Waitress never came back to ask us if everything was fine or Ok, or are you enjoying your meal? Nothing.Special Features:
- A Special FindGregVIPDined on 8/2/2014When I saw this place was in a hotel, I started to look else where. But my wife said "let go try it". Fantastic food. Fantastic service. Definitely go here and try the seafood (as we did).Special Features:
- Great place to go2forappetizersDined on 8/2/2014The restaurant was great, the service and the personality of the staff were outstanding. The restaurant was small and intimate yet you did not feel that you were on top of the people next to you. The happy hour menu was a plus for appetizers and drinks, even if you were having a full dinner, the discount was a welcomed treat. The only down side was that we were looking forward to the Chocolate Bread Pudding and one other desert that was advertised on the on-line menu, but they no longer offered. Otherwise, I am looking forward to going back with friendsSpecial Features:
- InconsiderateMDRFoodieDined on 8/2/2014They cancelled my reservation for 4 people, sitting on the outdoor patio, with pets, because they apparently forgot they had a wedding party on the patio that night, and they didn't realize it until 3 hours before my reservation!? They were offering tables inside instead, but last I heard, you couldn't take a dog inside a restaurant. There were 4 of us, and people had their dogs with them, so there was no leaving the dog at home instead, which the hostess suggested. In my opinion, the whole reason one would go to this restaurant is to sit outside on the patio.
- AverageBeavRevDined on 8/2/2014The presentation of the food is nice but the flavor was lacking. The brunch enchiladas dish which was described as their signature dish was nothing special. The Ahi salad has potential but didn't pop with flavor the way it could have with a bit more lemon, seasoning, or dressing. Water glasses/ice tea were never refilled even after requested and waiter was a bit rude. I tipped 15% but should have given less upon review. It was ironic that I had a reservation for 10:45am on Saturday because there was no reservations available at 11am (the time I wanted) yet we had to wait 15 minutes for a table. I rushed to get there at 10:45 for nothing.
- Consistently GoodBreakfastPalsDined on 8/2/2014Everything was good at our local place. The reason for only 4 stars this time is that when we were being seated we noticed that our table was sitting in a large puddle of water and asked to be moved. It was early and there were at least 4 other tables available. The hostess who was seating us said that the other tables were set for 4 people and we were only 3 people. They had put us at a table for 2 and added a chair. A quick trip inside to the manager solved that problem- we got a table for 4. Robby (the best waiter) was over quickly to get our drink orders and from there on out it was just perfect.Special Features:
- Beachside DelighteatoutDined on 7/29/2014Went to Beachside at the Jamaica Bay Inn many times. Always bring out of towners here. Its friendly and good food prepared well. I have always enjoyed eating there no matter what time of day. I appreciate the fact that it is close and you can be overlooking the water. We went with a birthday group of ladies and every one totally enjoyed there meal. Just went there with my son from another area and he loved it. Its a return to place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 188 reviews are from the Beachside Restaurant and Bar reviews archive.
- Excellent!SuzanneDined on 7/27/2014Robbie, our waiter, was awesome, he is one of the best and funniest, all people in his profession could learn from this guy. Food great, it was a Sunday morning, made a reservation through Open Table (great!) and it was quiet and so enjoyable, definitely recommend this place. We were here before the freakish lighting strike at Venice Beach. Would consider staying at the hotel too in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable spotGianlu6969Dined on 7/26/2014I was there with my girlfriend on a saturday night. The view was fantastic and the service great. We had a couple of drinks plus an appetizer and an entrée... food was great. Really a nice place to visit again.Special Features:
- ValcknUoutDined on 7/26/2014Enjoyed brunch with Family, whose origins are from Jamaica, which is why I selected. Food was large portions and moderately priced. We enjoyed our time in the Restaurant and will recommend to others. Views of the Marina and Beach are excellent. Had a high chair for the 9 month old also. Parking was wonderful also.Special Features:
- Repeat visits since the first time!eastcoastersDined on 7/24/2014As a local there are many beautiful places in the area... This one is by far the best view and overall experience! Took friends to dine while they were visiting and for my first time at Beachside. I was so impressed have been back numerous times since! The food is excellent, no choice is better than another off of the menu! This hidden gem is really a must dine spot! one of the evenings it was a bit windy but with an easy seating move by the fire pit it was perfect! The patio is always preferred dining for my husband and I. Can not wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view and dining optionGkgirlDined on 7/22/2014Dinner with coworkers was great. Perfect outdoor seating, excellent service, food was fantastic. Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beach view!annien11Dined on 7/20/2014loved the scene and the food! Great vacation spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely atmosphereMygetawayspotDined on 7/15/2014I just love this place. The scenery was nice and very refreshing. I will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedSophncoopsmomDined on 7/5/2014We requested outside seating. There were multiple tables available, but we were told they had parties w/ reservations coming. They were not crowded inside or out and by the time we left there were still several open tables on the outside patio. Water glasses were residually dirty. Had to request ice - continually. They would not sub a vegetable for the fries that came w/ the steak frites. No salt and pepper on the tables. One set of silverware provided (which we used for our salads) was not replaced when they brought out the entrees, so we had to grab some from another table. Filet ordered medium came out well-done, but took a while so my daughter ate it anyway b/c she didn't want to wait for another one. Plenty other options in area.Special Features:
- Excellent lunchGrammiDined on 7/5/2014What a beautiful relaxing lunch. We sat right near the beach on a wonderful summer afternoon. Food was excellent, service was okay. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- Beautiful location, okay foodkkwokDined on 7/5/2014Beachside Restaurant and Bar is beautiful! It's located right at the marina and has gorgeous views. If you dine here, definitely be sure to sit outside. One down side is the food... The food was okay in my opinion (I ordered the Shiitake Mushroom/Turkey burger which was a bit dry), but the truffle fries were absolutely amazing! Heard they have happy hour so perhaps it'd be worth it to go then!Special Features:
- Breakfast with a ViewBreakfastPalsDined on 7/5/2014My gal pals and I eat breakfast out every Saturday morning. We live in Marina del Rey and like to eat local. Last week we decided to try the Beachside at Jamaica Bay Inn. I made a reservation asking for outside in the shade. We were seated within a few minutes of arriving outside in the shade. We were greeted by our server Robbie, who we all fell in love with. Upbeat, friendly and really good service. The food was good and the view of Mother's Beach was just great. What a way to spend a summer morning. Robbie asked if we were "locals" and we told him we live in MDR. He then told us that this would get us the locals 10% discount.Special Features: