Beachside Restaurant and Bar
14160 Palawan Way
Marina Del Rey, CA 90292Neighborhood:
Marina del Rey
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Beachside Restaurant and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jamaicabayinn.com/dining.php
- Phone: 3104393033x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Daily from 6:30am to 2:30pm
Dinner: Daily from 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Happy Hour: Daily from 3:30pm to 7pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Allyson Thurber
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Beachside has several areas for private dining, from a small boardroom, to a beautiful banquet room overlooking the marina and a picturesque patio that sits directly on Mother's Beach.
- Private Party Contact: Rebekah Sacher 3104393027x
- Special Events: Contact our event coordinator to plan your next event! Whether it is a baby shower, wedding or birthday party, we will make your cellebration one to remember.
A word from Beachside Restaurant and Bar
Located on Mother's Beach in Marina Del Rey, Beachside Restaurant & Bar offers a relaxed experience for sophisticated diners. Enjoy indoor and outdoor seating with beautiful views of the beach and marina. Our restaurant boasts large windows which seamlessly bring the beach, garden and marina inside. With nearly a third of the restaurant seating outside on the trellis-covered patio, our dining area offers a majestic setting with fire pits and expansive views. Easily accessible from the lobby of the Jamaica Bay Inn or its separate entrance on Palawan Way,Beachside Restaurant & Bar is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner and a great happy hour seven days a the week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Beachside Restaurant and Bar - Best Restaurants in Marina del Rey ›
Beachside Restaurant and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (61)scenic view (60)great for brunch (29)great for lunch (28)neighborhood gem (26)good for groups (20)romantic (16)fit for foodies (13)special occasion (11)kid-friendly (11)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (4)late-night find (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great Food, Views, PricesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014This is a great find in MDR. It may be a hotel restsurant, but locals love this place too and for good reason. The food is amazing especially for the price. The view of the Marina and the hotel's well manicured grounds makes for a beautiful surrounding. And. As a nice plus, dogs are allowed on the patio with their owners and are treated with water by the staff. They also have a nice Happy Hour every day. I'l be back for sure...might even become a regular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jmaica Bay beachside restaurant/barOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Restaurant has a great view, friendly staff, food was good, except my Mahi Mahi was a tad overcooked. other that that it was really really good!! Great location, not too noisy, great ocean breezes.Special Features:
- Could be so much moreOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014This restaurant opened when the hotel in which it is located was remodeled a few years ago. It opened with a stellar menu geared to foodies. The restaurant chose instead to follow a more mainstream kind of menu that it felt was more appealing to its hotel guests (read: bland). Since, then, as the place has picked up in popularity due to its ocean breeze and view, the quality of its menu and service has steadily declined, to the point where even the iced tea is defectively weak. Come for happy hour, they haven't ruined the drinks yet. But beware at lunch time.Special Features:
- Marginal at bestCGallagherDined on 8/24/2014We arrived on time, promptly seated and then waited and waited and waited. Eventually I had to ask for service. After that things were fine, but fresh out of the gate set the stage for the experience. Won't be going back.Special Features:
- great waterside seatsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014The best part about Beachside is its location and outdoor seating (in the shade). Pleasant place to dine and visit with friends. The food is pretty good although the brunch menu is a bit limited. I wanted eggs benedict but there were none to be had...otherwise, food was fresh, service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor dining!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2014Beachside Restaurant is one of my favorite spots. The location is great and the view is fabulous, especially at sunset. The food is consistantly good, although they could add a few more vegetarian items to the menu. The waiters are the best, full of personality and knowledgeable about the menu. I have been there for brunch, lunch and dinner (my personal favorite) and enjoyed each experience. My only suggestion is that they hire an additional bar tender. When it is crowded you have to wait too long for your drinks to be served. All in all it's a great spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MagicDined on 8/17/2014First time diner, but won't be my last. It was a great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/14/2014Mentioned that we are local and they gave us a 10% discount. Other than the service being slightly slow (which was expected from reading previous reviews). We had a wonderful experience at Beachside. The wait staff, especially Brittney, was friendly and accommodating. We had the sliders and truffle fries for appetizers- both were great. For dinner we both had the specials- Scallops and Proscuitto wrapped pork tenderloin and enjoyed our meals. Too stuffed to have dessert after all that food.Special Features:
- Nice FindCAM5VIPDined on 8/14/2014The food was very tasty and the view was great. They have plenty of shade on a sunny day. We had a great lunch. It felt like we were on vacation with good food and the enjoying the out door dining.Special Features:
- Good outdoor experianceJPMartinDined on 8/13/2014A solid Happy Hour menu, very much pooch friendly (outdoors any way) and good food make this a nice spot for outdoor dining and especially for Happy Hour. Service was friendly and accommodating but our orders were split incorrectly. Not a huge deal...we worked it our. Down at the far end of the marina but a very nice patio and not nearly as stuffy as other hotel patios.Special Features:
- jjackflashVIPDined on 8/10/2014Waiter forgot to put our order in for nearly an hour until I started making a fuss. In fairness, they cut the bill by 50% and offered free desserts which we had to decline at that point due to the time. I'd rather have to pay full price and get my food on time, though. I understand that these things occur.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Reserved ahead of time when arrived we were ignored and not seated till 20 minutes after arrival. NO One even bothered to apologize for making us wait and once seated waited about ten minutes before drink order was taken or even acknowledged. The food was amazing but the service was beyond poorSpecial Features:
- Dinner on Tuesday eveningjon921Dined on 8/5/2014Dinner on outside patio...nice. But the service was very slow, therefore my food came out on the cold side. Not good when eating fish. I can only guess the waitress was too busy to pick it up when chef finished cooking it. Waitress never came back to ask us if everything was fine or Ok, or are you enjoying your meal? Nothing.Special Features:
- A Special FindGregVIPDined on 8/2/2014When I saw this place was in a hotel, I started to look else where. But my wife said "let go try it". Fantastic food. Fantastic service. Definitely go here and try the seafood (as we did).Special Features:
- Great place to go2forappetizersDined on 8/2/2014The restaurant was great, the service and the personality of the staff were outstanding. The restaurant was small and intimate yet you did not feel that you were on top of the people next to you. The happy hour menu was a plus for appetizers and drinks, even if you were having a full dinner, the discount was a welcomed treat. The only down side was that we were looking forward to the Chocolate Bread Pudding and one other desert that was advertised on the on-line menu, but they no longer offered. Otherwise, I am looking forward to going back with friendsSpecial Features:
- InconsiderateMDRFoodieDined on 8/2/2014They cancelled my reservation for 4 people, sitting on the outdoor patio, with pets, because they apparently forgot they had a wedding party on the patio that night, and they didn't realize it until 3 hours before my reservation!? They were offering tables inside instead, but last I heard, you couldn't take a dog inside a restaurant. There were 4 of us, and people had their dogs with them, so there was no leaving the dog at home instead, which the hostess suggested. In my opinion, the whole reason one would go to this restaurant is to sit outside on the patio.
- AverageBeavRevDined on 8/2/2014The presentation of the food is nice but the flavor was lacking. The brunch enchiladas dish which was described as their signature dish was nothing special. The Ahi salad has potential but didn't pop with flavor the way it could have with a bit more lemon, seasoning, or dressing. Water glasses/ice tea were never refilled even after requested and waiter was a bit rude. I tipped 15% but should have given less upon review. It was ironic that I had a reservation for 10:45am on Saturday because there was no reservations available at 11am (the time I wanted) yet we had to wait 15 minutes for a table. I rushed to get there at 10:45 for nothing.
- Consistently GoodBreakfastPalsDined on 8/2/2014Everything was good at our local place. The reason for only 4 stars this time is that when we were being seated we noticed that our table was sitting in a large puddle of water and asked to be moved. It was early and there were at least 4 other tables available. The hostess who was seating us said that the other tables were set for 4 people and we were only 3 people. They had put us at a table for 2 and added a chair. A quick trip inside to the manager solved that problem- we got a table for 4. Robby (the best waiter) was over quickly to get our drink orders and from there on out it was just perfect.Special Features:
- Beachside DelighteatoutDined on 7/29/2014Went to Beachside at the Jamaica Bay Inn many times. Always bring out of towners here. Its friendly and good food prepared well. I have always enjoyed eating there no matter what time of day. I appreciate the fact that it is close and you can be overlooking the water. We went with a birthday group of ladies and every one totally enjoyed there meal. Just went there with my son from another area and he loved it. Its a return to place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!SuzanneDined on 7/27/2014Robbie, our waiter, was awesome, he is one of the best and funniest, all people in his profession could learn from this guy. Food great, it was a Sunday morning, made a reservation through Open Table (great!) and it was quiet and so enjoyable, definitely recommend this place. We were here before the freakish lighting strike at Venice Beach. Would consider staying at the hotel too in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable spotGianlu6969Dined on 7/26/2014I was there with my girlfriend on a saturday night. The view was fantastic and the service great. We had a couple of drinks plus an appetizer and an entrée... food was great. Really a nice place to visit again.Special Features:
- ValcknUoutDined on 7/26/2014Enjoyed brunch with Family, whose origins are from Jamaica, which is why I selected. Food was large portions and moderately priced. We enjoyed our time in the Restaurant and will recommend to others. Views of the Marina and Beach are excellent. Had a high chair for the 9 month old also. Parking was wonderful also.Special Features:
- Repeat visits since the first time!eastcoastersDined on 7/24/2014As a local there are many beautiful places in the area... This one is by far the best view and overall experience! Took friends to dine while they were visiting and for my first time at Beachside. I was so impressed have been back numerous times since! The food is excellent, no choice is better than another off of the menu! This hidden gem is really a must dine spot! one of the evenings it was a bit windy but with an easy seating move by the fire pit it was perfect! The patio is always preferred dining for my husband and I. Can not wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view and dining optionGkgirlDined on 7/22/2014Dinner with coworkers was great. Perfect outdoor seating, excellent service, food was fantastic. Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beach view!annien11Dined on 7/20/2014loved the scene and the food! Great vacation spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely atmosphereMygetawayspotDined on 7/15/2014I just love this place. The scenery was nice and very refreshing. I will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedSophncoopsmomDined on 7/5/2014We requested outside seating. There were multiple tables available, but we were told they had parties w/ reservations coming. They were not crowded inside or out and by the time we left there were still several open tables on the outside patio. Water glasses were residually dirty. Had to request ice - continually. They would not sub a vegetable for the fries that came w/ the steak frites. No salt and pepper on the tables. One set of silverware provided (which we used for our salads) was not replaced when they brought out the entrees, so we had to grab some from another table. Filet ordered medium came out well-done, but took a while so my daughter ate it anyway b/c she didn't want to wait for another one. Plenty other options in area.Special Features:
- Excellent lunchGrammiDined on 7/5/2014What a beautiful relaxing lunch. We sat right near the beach on a wonderful summer afternoon. Food was excellent, service was okay. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- Beautiful location, okay foodkkwokDined on 7/5/2014Beachside Restaurant and Bar is beautiful! It's located right at the marina and has gorgeous views. If you dine here, definitely be sure to sit outside. One down side is the food... The food was okay in my opinion (I ordered the Shiitake Mushroom/Turkey burger which was a bit dry), but the truffle fries were absolutely amazing! Heard they have happy hour so perhaps it'd be worth it to go then!Special Features:
- Breakfast with a ViewBreakfastPalsDined on 7/5/2014My gal pals and I eat breakfast out every Saturday morning. We live in Marina del Rey and like to eat local. Last week we decided to try the Beachside at Jamaica Bay Inn. I made a reservation asking for outside in the shade. We were seated within a few minutes of arriving outside in the shade. We were greeted by our server Robbie, who we all fell in love with. Upbeat, friendly and really good service. The food was good and the view of Mother's Beach was just great. What a way to spend a summer morning. Robbie asked if we were "locals" and we told him we live in MDR. He then told us that this would get us the locals 10% discount.Special Features:
- standarddeliveringVIPDined on 7/5/2014Like any other hotel restaurant food options are very limited and standardSpecial Features:
- Love it, mostlyMolliemomVIPDined on 6/23/2014One of my favorites in the Marina. My only problem: the service is very slow and always at least one mistake. Yesterday, there were two: I ordered a turkey burger, no bun, with salad, dressing on the side. It came with a bun and salad with dressing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service, average foodTJFlyBoyVIPDined on 6/22/2014We live around the corner and have frequented Beachside for brunch several times. We tolerated the poor service, several times waiting for up to 20 minutes for our first drink, and average food. The selling points: $15 bottomless mimosas or bloodys and a GREAT view of the beach and marina. On our last visit, we had three mimosas each (after talking to our waiter about being local repeat customers). We were upset to find out that the restaurant had recently discontinued its 'bottomless' drinks....finding the $9 charge for each on our bill. The complaint? That our waiter knew we were regulars, but didn't bother to mention the change. Overall, a very average place with a great view. Unfortunately, not enough to keep us coming back.Special Features:
- Good food. Not so good service.BethGDined on 6/18/2014I came here when they first opened. The food was good, but the service was a bit slow. Two years later and the service still leaves a lot to be desired. It took almost 10 minutes for someone to come up and take our drink order (and that was only after we asked a busboy to get our server). We also asked our server if a heater could be moved closer to our table. She never came back to give us an update. When we asked a busboy, he mentioned that they were out of propane. At the end of dinner, our server became much more attentive. At the end of the meal right before we pay/tip is not the time to be the most attentive. The food is good and the location is great! I just wish the service were better.Special Features:
- Exceeds Expectations!RealtorFoodieDined on 6/16/2014I came here for lunch and had a wonderful experience. There is ample free parking in the parking lot outside. The host and other staff members are extremely friendly and engaging. The wait service is right on the mark and very attentive and professional. The views are spectacular, and the outdoor dining is absolutely beautiful and relaxing. The food was wonderful and came in large portions, and for a reasonable cost. I cannot wait to go back!Special Features:
- Graduation EventBirthday1Dined on 6/13/2014This was a good restaurant to host a small group celebrating graduation. The location is great...right on the marina! The bar is a bit loud but it didn't impede our good time. I would recommend this restaurant for group events.Special Features:
- Great Food!FoodisGoodVIPDined on 6/6/2014Four of us went for dinner and all ordered something different. The food was delicious! Presentation was great! Service was fast! We were surprised, because usually hotel restaurants are hit-and-miss - this was a HIT and we'll be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GiantDined on 6/6/2014great food. We all had the crab cakes. they were outstanding. All crabmeat, no filler. Wonderful dessertsSpecial Features:
- Good food and service.BackBayRobDined on 5/20/2014The fish tacos were excellent. Our waiter was attentive and skilled.
- Wonderful TimeJPeezyDined on 5/18/2014I had a wonderful time here with friends on a Sunday afternoon. We sat on the patio, which is highly recommended. Our first server was not very good. He was rude and impatient. We asked for a different server, and it made the difference. Our new server Mike was great! The ambiance was amazing, and the food was excellent. I was with a party of four, and we really did enjoy ourselves. Those bottomless mimosas certainly helped! Did I mention free valet?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.