204 Avenida Del Mar, Ste. D
San Clemente, CA 92672Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
BeachFire Bar and Grill - San Clemente
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.beachfire.com/
- Phone: 9493663232
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00 am - 3:00 pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm, Friday - Saturday:5:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Californian
- Executive Chef: John Merlino
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: BeachFire Catering will impress you and your guests with exceptionally fresh menu ideas, presented with style and customized for your event and budget. Our On-Site Special Events Venue at Irons in the Fire at the San Clemente Golf Course offers a real California lifestyle experience with exceptional food and service in a garden setting with ocean views. Spanish Colonial architecture and original plein aire painting collection accent the Hacienda Room with high-ceilings and chandeliers accommodating up to 250 guests. Irons is one of the top Wedding Reception sites in Orange County.
- Private Party Facilities: Overlooking the lounge, BeachFire"s Mezzanine area upstairs offers private seating for up to 25 guests. Our award-winning patio is perfect for private celebrations for up to 50 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Chris Turner 9493663232
- Entertainment: The free nightly smooth entertainment is provided by an accomplished list of musical talent that has taken years for owner, Dave Donaldson, to establish. Our lounge also features many high definition televisions with NFL ticket channels offering a quality, classy, sports experience. Free WiFi, Happy Hour, nightly Lounge Specials make BeachFire the fun, lively place to be.
- Cross Street: Ola Vista
- Public Transit: OCTA provides a stop in front of the restaurant. You can also take the train and get off at the San Clemente Pier stop. We are right up the hill on Del Mar.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: We offer street parking behind and in front of the restaurant, as well as an underground parking garage. There are handicap parking spaces available on the street in the front of the restaurant, and a public parking lot just across the street from the restaurant for more parking.
BeachFire serves up the ultimate Southern California beach lifestyle with award-winning Coastal Fusion cuisine using only the freshest, healthiest food products and ingredients available including organic produce from the 5,000 square foot BeachFire Backyard Garden. We prepare our dishes with respect for our Earth's valuable resources, with hand-crafted sauces and dressings. Our signature Crispy Thai Calamari, Coconut Shrimp, Seared Ahi Salad, Vaquero Burger, and Shoyu Flat Iron steak round out a tasty and fresh menu. Finish your meal by sharing the delectable S'more Cheesecake dessert and enjoying the smooth live music in the lounge
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
- Food ok.FoodieDined on 8/23/2014The food was ok. Friendly service. Strong smell from the bathroom.
- good foodhfiersDined on 8/18/2014Food was prepared well and tasty. This restaurant was very understaffed. Had only two waitresses for outdoor dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot, great foodDiningBobDined on 7/25/2014I keep going back to BeachFire Bar & Grill because the food's great and so is the atmosphere. They have a great patio out back for quiet dining on a nice night. Inside, it's more lively, often with live music. The Grilled Chicken and Avocado Melt is my absolute favorite sandwich. I also love the Coconut Shrimp (even if it is kind of pricey for what you get). This is good place for families, friends, and dates.Special Features:
- Accepted $50 gift certificateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014The restaurant excepted our $50 gift certificate even though we could not activate it nor could the Restaurant management activate it. The online activation is a good idea but it doesn't work very well. Thank you to the management of the restaurant for accepting it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutandaboutVIPDined on 7/12/2014A fun place with better than the usual pub food. Great selection of casual menu items. Excellent bar area with good live music at 9:00 on weekends.Special Features:
- Bad experience.sed8emVIPDined on 7/10/2014Terrible service. Mediocre food with no seasoning. Stay away.
- Not impressedSkipVIPDined on 5/31/2014I ordered the shrimp/lobster tacos. Cold tortillas and the rice tasted funny. I ordered an alcoholic drink and that tasted funny too. When I walked i, three servers just ignored me. I had to interrupt their conversation to get seated.
- Great ServiceRobbieDined on 5/28/2014Small restaurant with a very good value for money. Prices are very reasonable and the food is ok. The service however was outstanding. It's cool for a casual dinner.Special Features:
- not as good as we remembered itgjr5Dined on 5/19/2014We picked Beachfire as a mid-point place to meet for dinner--two from Oceanside and two Irvine. We had been there a few times before and thought it a safe bet in terms of food and service. Service was excellent, but food was just ok. The shrimp and scallop scampi was not really scampi--it was smothered in a creamy sauce in a ramekin. The pork chops were thin and tough (though the pineapple sauce was tasty). The best part of the meal was the appetizers: the fried calamari and the tartare were both good. Thankfully, we were given a table in the quiet back part of the restaurant so we could talk; the noise in the front (around the bar especially) was surprisingly loud for a Monday night. Overall, just not as good as in the past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 80 reviews are from the BeachFire Bar and Grill - San Clemente reviews archive.
- It's all good!Tourista77VIPDined on 4/26/2014Ate dinner on the patio on a Sat night in April. Fun and friendly service. Low key vibe. Live music. Loved the calamari with sweet and spicey Thai and wasabi sauce as well as the grilled artichokes, ahi tuna tacos. Want to taste everything on the menu, all house made sauces and dressings! How soon can we go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beach Fire Grill reviewfoodie2Dined on 4/25/2014My friends and I decided to enjoy dinner before going to a play at Cabrillo Playhouse. Since Beach Fire Grill is right up the street from the theater, we decided to give it a try. We sat outside on the patio, and then it started to drizzle. Our server opened an umbrella which helped a lot and we were able to enjoy our dinner. That was about the only outstanding thing she did, however. She didn't bring us water, she seemed to have an attitude when we wanted to sample a particular wine before committing to it, and pretty much ignored us throughout our meal. I'd still recommend Beach Fire Grill and would return myself, but I would make sure I had a different server.Special Features:
- Great fresh ingredientsDaraTheExplorerDined on 4/19/2014Wonderful menu created with fresh ingredients. Tastes like the herbs and veggies are grown next door. The ahi tar tar is outstanding. We ordered two for six of us to share as an appetizer. There was nothing left on the plate. The menu is varied and includes fish and chicken sandwiches with a variety of accompaniments, tacos, entrees and other choices. There is something for everyone.Special Features:
- very friendly service, promptOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/12/2014very friendly service, prompt seating and a different varity of food, not the usual "bar food"Special Features:
- Great Birthday CelebrationDaveDined on 4/11/2014Celebrating a special birthday but didn't want another chop house - there was food to meet the most gourmet choice and more casual fare as well - and we partaked of both with recommendations from a very hospitable waiter.Special Features:
- Good food, casual, great for groupsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/4/2014Went here for dinner on Friday evening, with a group of runners, while in the middle of an almost 30-hour, 200-mile running relay. The halibut sandwich, crusted tilapia, chicken avo sandwich, and sweet potato fries were all very nice. Filled us up but was not so greasy that it ruined the rest of our race. We were also concerned about how we looked, but the family-friendly pub atmosphere was fine for both running attire and the other clientele in casual-dressy.Special Features:
- Food: 5 star -- Entertainment: zeroAnonymousVIPDined on 3/23/2014We went on a Sunday, intending to have dinner with friends, but left after appetizers (which were EXCELLENT) due to the fact that it was a chilly beach evening, and we could not sit inside. The guitar player in the bar was one of those players who mistakes "loud" for "good". Get a clue and don't keep turning up your amp if people aren't listening. Either they aren't interested (which you probably can't fix), or you aren't that good (which you can -- go home and practice instead of inflicting it on paying customers). As we left we noticed that the place had cleared out pretty well and it was not that late, so this problem may solve itself. Next time we'll just go for lunch...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!volleyponyVIPDined on 3/16/2014We really enjoyed the food and ambiance. I will definitely go back next time I'm in the area.Special Features:
- B'day - St. Pat's celebrationGregDined on 3/16/2014Good menu, great food. Seared Ahi app is great, good wine list and nice atmosphere. Service is very good, a little slow when very busy, but not bad. Fish and chips are good and I particularly liked the 'slaw!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday lunchlnchevronDined on 3/16/2014Had a great experience on the outdoor patio with all three generations enjoying the food and atmosphere. We were seated promptly and the wait and support staffs were very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeFuncoupleDined on 3/12/2014Our first time but for sure it won't be our last. Great service and the food was terrific.Special Features:
- Very casual but don't be fooledbyronrVIPDined on 3/7/2014This is a place where you will find great service and food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteaksNaranjaVIPDined on 2/26/2014Beachfire is a fun happy place to have a great drink and dinner. A few things are a little spicy so check it out with the waiter first. Steaks are great and the salads are really good.Special Features:
- Really love this place!JulesDined on 2/21/2014I love dining at the Beachfire! Aside from the staff being so friendly & attentive, the food is consistently outstanding. The walls covered with artwork, and ridiculously cool fireplace always make for a pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with friendstravelguy09VIPDined on 2/17/2014On the way home and in traffic on the freeway, we decided to make a quick reservation on your website. Very good food and the service was also great. Not the run of the mill food. The seafood was excellent.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014Prior to having dinner there recently, I had only visited this restaurant once for a drink and appetizer. I will not be going back. The service was below average, the appetizers were bland and the main dishes were not good. I ordered their "signature" (according to the waitress) panko crusted halibut and it was dry and hard. When I told the waitress I wanted to send it back she replied by saying "oh yeah, we've had a lot of people saying it is hard and dry lately." This was the same dish she had recommended moments earlier! My wife ordered the Tilapia which was not good either. All and all, I see this place as more of a bar scene than quality restaurant.
- This is just a comfortableluv2walkthebeachDined on 2/14/2014This is just a comfortable place to be. There is something for everybody there. You can sit where it's noisy at the bar or at a quiet table inside or out. The food is amazing and the presentation is even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor eatingMickieDined on 1/10/2014Seven of us ate outside, away from the high noise & energy level inside. The food was tasty & fresh. It was a great family gathering. Very nice, gracious people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The only negative is thatnickyDined on 1/5/2014The only negative is that my halibut was overdone, and tough. Otherwise, a fun and enjoyable place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!OregoniansNSanDiegansDined on 1/2/2014This was our first time here and we will definitely be returning! Our server was Nathan, he was very nice and frequently stopped by the table. He gave some recommendations and told us about some appetizers that can be made into entre size. I recommend the coconut shrimp, it was fried to perfection and had a delicious sauce like I've never tasted before. We also ordered the artichoke app which was delicious. The ahi tuna sandwich was also a favorite in our group. For dessert their homemade s'more is an absolute MUST. The place wasn't huge, but it had a great feel. We came in early evening, perfect time. The lighting was great later on for a romantic date. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerPorkyDined on 12/3/2013New to San Clemente but celebrated 58th anniversary at restaurant dinner. Atmosphere and service made an enjoyable Dinner out. Thoroughly enjoyed my steak and shrimp, likewise my wife with her fish entree. Server was friendly and courteous. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beachy feelculmumDined on 11/15/2013We enjoy going out here for a casual dinner... consistent service and food and a fun atmosphere...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticMelissR32Dined on 11/6/2013The food was awesome, as was the service and the atmosphere. We sat by the fireplace and covering the walls are paintings and photographs from local artists--very cool. The outside seating looked amazing with heat lamps. Overall, a really great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphere - poor quality foodLovesgoodfoodVIPDined on 10/29/2013Was hoping for a nice meal when paying $20 to $30 for lunch per plate but was very disappointed at the overall quality of the food. The atmosphere was nice and the service was fantastic.
- Broad AppealgggirlDined on 10/6/2013This restaurant would seem to be able to appeal to a wide range of occasions and people. There were enough choices to satisfy a bar scene goer, a family with children or a dating couple. We fell into the last category and chose from the more creative house specialties. The Caribbean Skirt Steak and the Filet Mignon Medallions were reasonably priced, delicious and nicely presented. The restauranted is located in a quaint and trendy area of San Clemente which would be nice to browse if you were in the area during lunch time. We were there in the evening on a Sunday night specifically because we wanted a more quite dinner but I understand they have live music at various times throughout the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went there for dinner withtcyzDined on 9/27/2013Went there for dinner with a group of 8. We were seated and served quickly. Our server was very good and the food was tasty. We were seated in the patio section, but the ambiance on the inside seemed pretty chill and seems like a nice spot for couples or first dates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outdoor patiojmcdDined on 9/21/2013We had six people on outside patio. At first we didn't think we'd need the heater on, but was happy to have it close after sun set. The food was great and no corkage on the first bottle of wine was an added plus. We will definitely return and request patio seating (you can run to the bar to check sports scores if needed).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2013Everything was good- food, service, drinks! Calamari appetizer was the bomb!Special Features:
- Half way between our houseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2013Half way between our house and their house, it's a perfect meeting point but this time, the service was edgy, hard to get their attention and overall cold. We ordered soup and it didn't arrive before the meal nor were we asked when we would like it. The host and hostess seemed new, and a little nervous but doesn't explain the drop in food presentation or the mediocrity of the meal. I used to love it here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nyca1245Nyca1245Dined on 7/27/2013I do not remember the name of the server. He called the 2 of us ladies, my boyfriend didn't appreciate it. The server was taught to look his party before saying anything. He also forgot to bring over the salad but it stayed on the bill. The food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was a bit priceyJanicetravelerDined on 7/20/2013The food was a bit pricey but very good. I had the teryiaki filet and it was juicy, yummy and overall well prepared. My companion ordered Ahi tuna dinner and they were out of tuna. This was disappointing. The waitress did recommend the ahi appetizer and ahi salad. (I guess the tuna for these dishes was already prepared. My companion was pleseantly surprised although it was too much for her to eat. There was a band playing the night we were there which made it too loud to talk over but I would go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.