Beach Walk Henderson Park Inn
2700 Scenic Hwy 98
Destin, FL 32541Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Beach Walk Henderson Park Inn
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.beachwalkhendersonpark.com/
- Phone: 8506507100
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5:30pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: John Sallman
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: 850-650-7100
- Private Party Facilities: Welcome to Beach Walk Henderson Park, Destin's ONLY fine dining located directly on the emerald waters of the Gulf Coast. You are cordially invited to enjoy our award winning cuisine and stunning view. We are now offering Private Dining for Christmas Parties from November 26-December 31 for parties of 25 of less. We have also included special Holiday Menus to help with your Holiday Party Planning.
- Private Party Contact: Marah Baltzell 8508654021
A word from Beach Walk Henderson Park Inn
Welcome to Beach Walk Henderson Park, Destin's ONLY fine dining located directly on the emerald waters of the Gulf Coast. You are cordially invited to enjoy our award winning cuisine and stunning view. Unique, memorable dining opportunities await you with our Toes in the Sand and Sky View Deck dining and indoor dining overlooking the sugar white sands and glimmering waters. Beach Walk Henderson Park is for patrons 13 years of age and older.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Beach Walk Henderson Park Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (2)romantic (2)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)special occasion (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2014It seemed like our waitress "checked out" early in our meal. We had purchased a bottle of wine at the bar before we were seated. She never refilled our wine glasses. When our meals came she brought salt and pepper shakers, but never offered ground pepper, then we saw her grinding pepper for diners two tables over. You have a beautiful place, your food is great, the ambiance is wonderful, but the service was not up to the level we would expect in this nice a restaurant.Special Features:
- The following 194 reviews are from the Beach Walk Henderson Park Inn reviews archive.
- Great Romantic PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014Took my wife here for her birthday dinner and she loved it. Service and food was outstanding. Would definitely recommend restaurant to everyone.Special Features:
- Very romantic!LuvthisplaceVIPDined on 4/18/2014Awesome views of gulf, awesome food and service. Love this restaurant!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/17/2014Food and service was amazing. We will return anytime we are in Destin. Best steak and seafood we have ever had and that says a lot coming for someone that lives in Texas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TreasureOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/8/2014Places like this without the commercialism of tourist towns are harder and harder to find. It was a perfect ending to our trip with my husband and our son.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!RubyDined on 4/3/2014Special Occasion, outstanding meal, superb service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was impeccable.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/22/2014The service was impeccable. The food was that and more. A must when looking for a great meal and experience when in Destin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal and place to see the settthomasDined on 3/1/2014Staff was very attentive, menu was very interesting with many choices of inventive seafood such as crab and eggplant which was perfectly prepared. Not too much salt which is always an annoyance for me (and many others) We were seated promptly, weren't rushed with our meals and just had an overall great evening,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Real GemJFanDined on 2/17/2014Beach Walk is a special place. The food is excellent with a variety for all tastes and preferences. The service is attentive which makes this a perfect spot for a special occasion. A quiet place for enjoying great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great. Service wasciberteaDined on 2/17/2014Food was great. Service was excellent. Hard to book yet not busy, could improve on booking time and table turnover timing. Beautiful view and location. Entrée was underwhelmed after great appetizers and 2nd courses. In other words, we were spoiled by the time main course arrive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Romantic DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/5/2014My wife and I stayed at the Henderson Park Inn very recently for our honeymoon - so naturally we ate here one night. We were able to get reservations very easily on OpenTable. Our waiter was very friendly and helpful. We shared a bottle of wine and crab spring roll appetizer...which was delicious. My wife is a good southern girl who loves shrimp and grits, so naturally she ordered it here. She said, without reservation, that they were the best she'd ever eaten. I had the Grouper Vince and it, too, was delicious. Although we were too stuffed for dessert, I've heard great things about the cheesecake. The rose at the end was a nice touch. Would highly recommend to any couple vacationing in Destin wanting a romantic dinner for two!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Christmas Gift!KCAnnapolisDined on 12/23/2013Lovely evening before the Christmas morning chaos! Great to celebrate an evening with that special someone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, mediocre foodDollfaceLVIPDined on 12/12/2013View is beautiful, but the food is overpriced and mediocre. Salads were extremely overdressed, my grouper was over cooked, sauce was dry. Steak was good and veggies were well steamed. Split the corleone--decent, but not exciting. Lance, our waiter, was very nice. Wine list is very lacking. The smell of potpourri/air freshener was so strong, I could hardly enjoy my food, let alone a bottle of wine. Go for a drink at sunset. This is absolutely NOT fine dining. The old beach walk was great--this was mediocre and pricey to boot.Special Features:
- Make a Datebest4diningDined on 11/30/2013Outstanding dining experience. We were warmly greeted by valet parking. Once inside the hostess welcomed us like family and our waiter was attentive and informative and guided us in making our wine and dinner selections. My husband selected the Scrimp and Grits and I selected one of the specials that evening, the Chilean Sea Bass. Both were outstanding choices. We will make this a must go to restaurant on future trips to the gulf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Romantic!!bw18Dined on 11/21/2013We had a table overlooking the ocean. The service was immpecable, the food was melt in your mouth delicious, and the view was breathtaking. We will be celebrating our anniversary here every year from now on. Table 24 :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect 25th Anniversary dinner!mozof2Dined on 11/18/2013We felt so special after leaving Beach Walk. The chef sent out a special appetizer, the waitress brought out a yellow rose and we got to choose a dessert for free! The food was incredible!! So scrumptious. We enjoyed everything about our evening! An experience to always remember!Special Features:
- Will be back again!!!anni2008Dined on 11/15/2013The food was excellent the service top notch. The location superb and ideal. My wife and I were very pleased with the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceRobrely2002Dined on 11/10/2013Romantic, quite, and cozy. The food was phenomenal cooked and seasoned to perfection. The service was excellent. The chocolate cake was huge but not something I would recommend,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were looking for a newOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/3/2013We were looking for a new and different place to eat. This is now on our favorites list. The food was great. Service was excellant. The chef went our of his way to please. They were out of th keylime pie and I wanted my cheesecake with fresh strawberries and he made a glaze and drizzled over alone with the berries. Thanks we enjoyed our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestBeachluvDined on 10/21/2013You can't go wrong coming here. Period. Wonderful food and wonderful service. Beautiful place for a romantic dinner, with beautiful views of the beach. Make sure to reserve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beach Walk is on the beachDavidDVIPDined on 10/12/2013Beach Walk is on the beach immediately adjacent to the Henderson State Beach, so the views are quite good and scenery is delightful. The restaurant is part of a charming 31 room adults only bed and breakfast beautiful beach, sophisticated clientele and skilled waiters. The menu is full of enticing appetizers, great local seafood and choice meats. The only negative was that the kitchen seemed to be very slow in producing the food for the wait staff to deliver (as in glacial). Once it arrived, it was hot and delicious. Dinner consisting of starters, entrees and dessert took nearly two hours to serve and finish, and we did not dawdle. We will definitely return and are looking into staying in the B & B, as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little slice of heavenHollyMDined on 10/12/2013The inn is absolutely gorgeous. It looks like it was transported from coastal New England. The service was prompt and efficient, but did not make us feel rushed at all. The quality of the food and its presentation was fantastic. Our server was gracious and helpful. Children under the age of 13 are not allowed, so the atmosphere is peaceful. One of the best places we have enjoyed in Florida.Special Features:
- Labor Day weekend visitHhoutomDined on 8/31/2013All aspects of this visit were excellent except the way my reservation was handled. I have filled a separate Open Table comment on the poor way this was handled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!kathyVIPDined on 8/29/2013While I always review restaurants with star ratings, I rarely take the time to comment. Beach Walk deserves a review! Both the food and the service were outstanding from start to finish. We started with house salads with a champaigne vinegrette, which was light and delightful. From my grouper to my husband's tuna to our guest's seafood with pasta, each was prepared just perfectly. Our guests were particularly fascinated with the bread, served warm and tasty with an olive oil/ parmesan combination. Dessert was chocolate cake with a pistachio filling--yum--that was plenty for two. The wine list is reasonable and, while you can bring your own, it was not worth the corkage fee. We were happy with the chardonnay we selected.Special Features:
- So RomanticLove2EatDined on 8/15/2013Food was amazing! The restaurant was breath taking and the food was loaded with favor. From our table we could hear the waves crashing. Our waitress, Alicia was the best!!! We definitely plan to go here again during our next visit to Destin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food, service and ambienceGreatfallzDined on 8/1/2013The food, service and ambience are wonderful!!! We now have a new favorite restaurant in Destin!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/17/2013Just great, staff is wonderful, the view is to die for, just yards from the ocean, the food is great, can't say enough positive about the place. Wonderful waiters too, very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is our second visit toTBoneDined on 6/12/2013This is our second visit to this restuarant. We have had delightful meals on both occasions. The service is good and the restuarant has a great view of the Gulf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- totaldisappointment1unhappydinerDined on 5/29/2013BW has been a favorite for view and food. Reservation request for 47th anniversary completely ignored--seated inside in the only place without the sunset view asked for(even though window and porch tables were available). The restaurant up the street was glad to have our business. Will not be back to BW until there is a change in management.Special Features:
- Now that's service!FoodiesofViningsVIPDined on 5/29/2013Made a special order and the chef agreed and actually sent word to us that he was changing the entree based on my special request That is service. A great end to a week during which I proposed to my girlfriend. This is now our place in Destin!!!Special Features:
- WonderfulConpetVIPDined on 5/24/2013We have dined at the Beach Walk several times and it is always a lovely experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You Pay for What you Get~~The BestOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/23/2013Very nice restaurant but you must make a reservation during the tourist season. Prices are quite high but everything is top notch from the moment you are seated. Children are not allowed under 13 years old, which makes the atmosphere that much more enjoyable. We will be back this winter...a must try for anyone who enjoys wonderful food, beautiful gulf views and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent evening beach frontBigfish1956Dined on 5/21/2013Excellent evening beach front at Destin. The food, the wine and the service were excellent. Definitely not a restaurant for kids, but for adults or special occasions this is the best location in Destin area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dinner with Great ViewsJamesVIPDined on 5/18/2013The eggplant medallions with crab meat is one of the best appetizers we've ever had and the ocean view with sunset made the evening. Our waiter made great recommendations and even offered to take our picture as the sun set.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very RomanticQueens12Dined on 5/18/2013My husband and I with another couple went to Beach Walk at Henderson Inn this past weekend around 6:30pm. The first impression when you set foot in the dining area is the beautiful view of the golf. Wish we would have ate outside but it was a little windy due to the beach weather, other than that the shrimp and grits I had was very delicious the bread presentation was good also. Everyone enjoyed there dinner at the view. After dinner we sat outside and just enjoyed the ambience, ohh and the waiter we had was excellent.Special Features:
- Best dining experience ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/18/2013You must go if you are in the area! It was one of the best overall dining experiences of my life. Call to request/confirm outside dining. Unobstructed view of beach/Gulf of Mexico. Beautiful grounds, very well maintained.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dining experience of my life!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/18/2013I couldn't say enough about this restaurant. It was above and beyond what we expected. We requested an outdoor table on opentable, but upon arrival discovered the table automatically assigned to us was inside. (I recommend calling the restaurant to confirm special requests.) They went out of their way to make sure our dining experience was perfect... even set a table on the patio since all other outside tables were taken. It was a better location in my opinion. We were in the sun, but the temperature in May was perfect-warm and a slight breeze. You receive an amuse bouche before dinner and ladies get a long stem red rose after dinner. Everyone was delightful, genuine, courteous, professional, warm and friendly. We will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smoked Tomato SoupNickDined on 5/15/2013No matter how many times I eat the Smoked Tomato Soup, I am still surprised that it is better than I remembered. All of the food is wonderful but be sure to try the soup.Special Features:
- Sweet spotChefpierreDined on 5/9/2013A beautiful setting, wonderful staff and creative dishes. Lots of small touches that set this apart.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bait and Switch?HonestDinerDined on 5/9/2013The wait staff was very professional and the location on the beach next to a state park is wonderful but management was very slow to admit and react to grouper served as the imported Scottish salmon Chet's special - over 15 minutes before an offer to comp the grouper after 3 promises by the waiter that management was looking into the matter. The offer to comp the meal only came after it was obvious I wasn't eating the grouper and the offer of a free dessert was turned down. Is bait and switch standard practice for this place that markets itself as the only fine dining on the beach? Instead of a romantic dinner, I shared some of my husband's while we waited for management to show and we had desserts so as not to leave hungry.Special Features: