Beach Tree Restaurant, Bar and Lounge
72-100 Kaupulehu Dr.
Kaupulehu, HI 96740Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Beach Tree Restaurant, Bar and Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fourseasons.com/hualalai/dining/restaurants/beach_tree/
- Phone: (808) 325-8000 ext. 8915
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30 am - 3:00 pm
Lite Fares: Daily: 3:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Californian
- Executive Chef: Massimo Falsini
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Enjoy our semi private dinning area on the upper deck of our restaurant. Private dining can comfortably accommodate parties of 8-16.
- Private Party Contact: Teddy Lyau 8083258359x
- Entertainment: We feature live entertainment nightly, ranging from contemporary Hawaiian music to blues and soft rock. In addition we provide live Hula Thursday through Saturday.
- Special Events: TUSCAN NIGHTS
Every Friday night at Beach Tree, enjoy a beachside barbecue and Tuscan-inspired menu. The three-course meal includes antipasti, a grilled course (varies between seafood, beef, boar and chicken) with three side dishes, and dessert.
A word from Beach Tree Restaurant, Bar and Lounge
Featuring Italian and Mediterranean cuisine with Californian and tropical influences, Beach Tree offers specialty dishes such as gnocchi with oxtail ragout; seafood paella; and hamakua, crimini mushroom and fontina pizza. The restaurant offers over 60 wines by the glass, carafe or bottle. Cocktails feature tropical ingredients, fresh fruit and original combinations. Don't miss the Beach Tree Smash, which mixes pear and lime, or Tom's Pink Shirt, which combines guava liqueur, fresh Waimea strawberries and house-made sweet and sour made from agave nectar and fresh lime juice.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Beach Tree Restaurant, Bar and Lounge - Best Restaurants in Kaupulehu ›
Beach Tree Restaurant, Bar and Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (26)great for outdoor dining (25)romantic (22)special occasion (19)fit for foodies (15)great for lunch (12)notable wine list (10)hot spot (9)kid-friendly (8)good for groups (8)vibrant bar scene (5)neighborhood gem (4)great for brunch (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Beautiful Hotel and View, average foodNubbyroseDined on 11/21/201411/24/2014 11:07 AM The hotel and setting was gorgeous. We loved the casual atmosphere and service was very good. Tuscan dinner was ok, nothing special. We would love to return for drinks and apps rather than dinner. Music and hula was difficult to hear and see due to our location and the kid noise. The restaurant is very popular with families with young children who are running around enjoying themselves. You are paying for a Four Seasons setting not for great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at the Beach Tree, Four Seasons HualalaiJohnDined on 11/13/2014The Beach Tree is located on the shoreline of the Four Seasons Resort. Waves are illuminated at night making for a romantic setting. Live Hawaiian music and hula's add to the experience. As usual the food, drinks, and attentiveness of management and staff was superb. A special desert request was fulfilled. I had requested a special desert when our reservation was placed. Families, couples, singles, and groups all make up the those dining. Keiki are special and welcome. We enjoyed a hula dancer helping a small girl hula on stage. We always look forward to having dinner at the Beach Tree when we visit the Big Island. AlohaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningKonagalVIPDined on 11/6/2014Again, we so enjoyed out dining experience, bringing mainland friends to share our favorite spot. Brent did not miss a beat, with timely, professional and personable service. Manager Teddy always greets us with a warm welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch!MikeVIPDined on 10/23/2014The setting, service, food, portions, presentation and pairings is exactly what you'd expect of a Four Season's restaurant. Holly was an amazing and charming server who provided some great insight to what local ingredients we should try and be aware of. This was an amazing dining experience that I'd do again tomorrow!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/17/2014Really perfect for anything - dinner or lunch for families to a couple out on a date. Not to fancy and not to casual makes for a perfect blend for those who want to dress up a little or go on the resort casual side. Food is excellent but the over all feeling is magical..Special Features:
- Primo Sunset1AnnaMariaVisitorDined on 10/8/2014One of the best sunset views in Hawaii, probably the world. Fantastic service, great menu. You cannot go wrong at The Beach House.Special Features:
- Too many children screaminhKilikinaDined on 9/27/2014lovely music with hula dancer. Could not enjoy this because of all the screaming Kids and crying babies. They drowned out the music and made such a magical place stressful and unenjoyable. The afternoons are better because the kids are in daycare. Service was great. Food was good and they seem to care about their guests.Special Features:
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Awesome sunset and delicious food. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUR FAVORITE PLACEKonagalVIPDined on 9/16/2014Our meal was wonderful. We try to order the fish specials and have never been disappointed. We like the small and simple menu. And this time ordered dessert the Crème Brulee, Mango & Lilikoi for the first time and OMG, simply amazing! We often have Chad or Tyson as our servers and both have high kudos from us for consistent, friendly and efficient professionalism. What an asset they are to Beach Tree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful ViewsTravelinGalDined on 9/15/2014The Beach Tree restaurant is situated in a location that provides the best possible views of the evening sunset and the beautiful ocean. The service was impeccable and the food was delicious. Our server was so friendly and helpful describing the dishes listed on the menu. I give a 5 star rating all the way!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- View Good. Food Bad.LuvTTDined on 8/22/2014If you want to spend a lot of money on very small portions of food that do not taste that good, then this the place for you. I have been to a lot of fine dining restaurants all over the world and I have never had food this bad. They only good thing about this restaurant is the ocean view. I would not recommend this restaurant for the food.Special Features:
- Beachside DinnerKrikorDined on 8/15/2014The Beach Tree Cafe is beautiful, right on the beach, has delicious food and they even do half plates for entrees. It is expensive, but not too expensive. There is live Hawaiian music and a hula dancer during dinner. Since it is a resort, there are a lot of kids running around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 130 reviews are from the Beach Tree Restaurant, Bar and Lounge reviews archive.
- Outstanding !OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/4/2014Everything here was excellent--service, food, ambiance. You could not ask for anything better ! Without a doubt the best restaurant on the Big Island, along with Ulu on the same property. Nothing else comes close in any way, shape or form.Special Features:
- Gorgeous Place and Amazing FoodJimNDined on 5/26/2014We truly had a wonderful time. It was a very quiet elegant place but very welcoming. The service was flawless and warm. The food was equally exceptional. I had mahi mahi; when it come out I thought it was overdone. When I cut into it, I was sure it was overdone because it was so firm. It turned out looks were completely deceiving and it was flawlessly prepared. My wife had shrimp and she describes it as "excellent". The drive leaving the hotel after dinner was equally spectacular because the stars were so bright in the sky. Altogether, it was truly a wonderful evening. We would go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- Slightly DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/22/2014This was a beautiful venue. However I had stated in my reservation request that it was my husband birthday and to seat us close to the ocean for the view to make the night more special. We were seated next to the cashiers station at a table that was the furthest from any view what so ever. Disappointing to say the least.
- Beautiful location & experiencecardsecDined on 5/11/2014My husband & I spent the last night of our Hawaii vacation at the Beach Tree restaurant. We were also celebrating our anniversary. I am not exaggerating when I say we found the service, ambiance, and food fantastic. The servers were so helpful and knowledgeable about the menu items that we were very comfortable taking their advice. We will definitely return there next time we go to the Big Island. The experience helped make e our visit memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticHawaiiHoneymoonersDined on 5/6/2014Beautiful view especially for sunset. Food was great and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. Very expensive but worth it 100%.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TROPICAL PERFECTIONKonagalVIPDined on 4/11/2014From a perfect sunset (green flash and all), gorgeous evening, great service and each of our dinners were excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible views, excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/30/2014Incredible views, excellent service and outstanding food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOceanPrimoVIPDined on 2/25/2014Another great experience at this restaurant. Best spot on the island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestOceanPrimoVIPDined on 2/23/2014Best restaurant on the island. Even though they lost their chef, the new one has kept the same menu and favorites on the menu. Service was OK on this visit. She just took a long time getting to our requests but not bad. Just a wonderful restaurant in a fantastic location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing sunsets, service andFantasticfoodieDined on 2/16/2014Amazing sunsets, service and food, a must do when on the big island!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- valentine's dinner on the beachsunset42Dined on 2/14/2014Great atmosphere for a romantic dinner. Set menu but allowed to order from regular menu (very nice touch) Beet salad was excellent, sprinkled with goat cheese and beets were warm and buttery. Dressing was just right. Deserts was great and we received some chocolates to take with us for Valentine's Day. Loved the spotlight on the ocean, added a special extra to the dining experience. Live entertainment was enjoyable. A dinner that will long be remembered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Meal in HawaiiexplorereaterVIPDined on 2/13/2014We were in Hawaii for 10 days on 2 islands, and Beach Tree was easily the best meal of the trip. The Four Seasons is a spectacular resort: the pools and grounds were impeccable. Beach Tree absolutely delivered on the food. My sister and I shared the lobster and shrimp meatballs that came with a spicy tomato sauce with capers. They were the single best tasting thing we had on the trip... I could have eaten those meatballs all night over a bowl of capellini tossed with extra sauce. We both had salads: the burrata was excellent, and sister's mushroom-arugula salad was also excellent and a massive portion. The swordfish with parsley pesto, pancetta wrapped asparagus and jalapeños was incredible. Great restaurant on the Kohala coast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Is this where the trainees work?GourmetGalVIPDined on 2/3/2014Food is okay, the scenery and occasional celeb spotting is great but the service is consistently poor. We hd finished our starter before our wine arrived and as on previous visits the server seemed overwhelmed.Special Features:
- Snob of a host/manager (male)OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/30/2014I specifically asked over two weeks ahead when I made the reservation to be seated at a table where the sunset could be fully in view, as it was a special celebration of my husband's birthday. We were seated at a table where we were not able to view the sunset due to the host/hostess stand being directly in front of our table, and the entertainment by a hula dancer was obstructed by a pole directly in our view. Very, very disappointing. Will not bother to make the drive to this restaurant again.Special Features:
- Exquisite Dining in ParadiseBeatemBucsVIPDined on 1/26/2014The setting, the menu, the service are all outstanding. And the food itself surpasses everything else. Don't ask questions- just go and enjoy a wonderful dinner overlooking the waves.Special Features:
- Favorite restuarant on the island.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/26/2014The food is wonderful and the setting is beautiful. The service is outstanding. We were celebrating two birthdays and were treated like royalty. Although pricey, couldn't say enough good things about this restaurant. This was our third time dining here and we walk away every time with the same feeling. We are here for six weeks and will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Magic PlaceMidwestMngrVIPDined on 1/22/2014Both restaurants at the Four Seasons are amazing but this one is the place you just want to stay forever....great wine list (glasses, carafes and bottles at prix fixe prices), unique and tasty food options but realy reasonably priced, outstanding service and the best wave and sunset views on the island. Just amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous nightroandkeithDined on 1/19/2014This is our 4th time to the restaurant and have loved each visit more. Best ocean views!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but........AllanDined on 1/17/2014Great cocktails, food and service but wine list was mediocre at best, I ended up ordering wine from their higher end restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectKonagalVIPDined on 1/15/2014Another lovely evening. It was a busy night and our waiter was not as attentive (no introduction, etc.) as usual, but food and ambiance lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hawaii dining at it's bestGolfmanbudDined on 1/11/2014Great food, great variety, fresh fish. One of the best views in the islands, especially for Whale watching. The FourSeasons property is marvelous.Special Features:
- high end beach diningfoodsnobDined on 12/12/2013My husband and I escaped to eat here for our anniversary dinner while vacationing with my family. My client who is from Hawaii recommended this spot, and she was absolutely right! This restaurant on the beach is definitely the most romantic spot I've been too. The food, ambience, ocean, design and service were all spectacular. I can't speak highly enough. Wish I could eat there every anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome nightAleolaniDined on 12/10/2013It's not just the food, the service or the breathtaking view that brings us back to the Beach Tree - it's the people ! From Chef Angela to Teddy the Manager and all of the servers and Bartenders - when you go, go early and you MUST have a drink at the bar - these bartenders are hilarious. So far we got to know Steven, Mike and Ed - very funny guys. Oh, an don't forget to order the Bon Bons for dessert - another MUST do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding! Anniversary dinnerLocalVIPDined on 12/8/2013My husband and I celebrated our 24th wedding anniversary and we dined at sunset. The view was spectacular. Brian was our waiter and he was absolutely outstanding. All of the food selections he suggested were perfect and we couldn't have enjoyed our dinner any more. We're very grateful for such a wonderful evening with tremendous service and fantastic meal! Highly recommend for a special evening!! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimemikeVIPDined on 11/15/2013Although we have dined at Hualalai on several occasions, this was the first time we ate at this restaurant and we were quite pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceFoodieSCDined on 11/8/2013Brown's was an amazing dining experience. The food was to die for and the atmosphere was very romantic. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great food at a great spot.DTF51Dined on 11/8/2013Great food at a great spot. Went for sunset dinner at 5:30 on a Th in Nov. Too many kids running around the restaurant and the entertainment stage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must-do on the Big IslandkonakellieDined on 11/7/2013Everyone should have the Beachtree restaurant at the Four Seasons Hualalai on their must-do list while on the Big Island of Hawaii. Ideal for a special occasion or with that special someone.Treat yourself to the ultimate in island aloha from the restaurant "ohana" as well as the impecable food offerings and preparations from Chef Nick. The beachside atmosphere is the ultimate intimate romantic setting. It is best to be seated for the fantastic sunsets and beachside torch lighting ceremony. Enjoy soft island music and entertainment while experiencing your fantastic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.