Beach House Restaurant at Lovers Point
620 Ocean View Blvd
Pacific Grove, CA 93950Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Beach House Restaurant at Lovers Point
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.beachhousepg.com/
- Phone: (831) 375-2345
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily 4:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Briana Sammut & Guillaume D'Angio
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, View, Wine
A word from Beach House Restaurant at Lovers Point
Casual California dining overlooking scenic and historic Lovers Point Beach.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
Beach House Restaurant at Lovers Point - Best Restaurants in Pacific Grove ›
Beach House Restaurant at Lovers Point reviews from OpenTable diners
248 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (218)neighborhood gem (127)special occasion (102)great for outdoor dining (99)romantic (93)fit for foodies (70)good for groups (51)hot spot (26)vibrant bar scene (18)great for lunch (15)kid-friendly (15)notable wine list (15)late-night find (10)great for brunch (7)Show More
- Romantic Place!!!TraboccoVisitorDined on 11/22/2014The host there was very accommodating and friendly. Our waiter was very attentive and welcoming. The bread was fresh and warm and delicious. We had some salads that were also amazing. I had the salmon and my wife had the special of the day (cannot recall what it was), but they were both great!! We would definitely recommend this place to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always popular spotAlanDined on 11/22/2014Beach House at Lovers Point is a local favorite. Located in an historic building in a perfect location, the restaurant never disappoints. A massive (and expensive) remodel completed a couple years ago transformed this location into a warm and welcoming space. As a local I usually go for their excellent value early-bird menu but this was a special occasion so we made reservations for 7:30. The menu is somewhat restrained, in that there aren't hundreds of choices, but it is diverse and anyone should find something to their liking. I usually order a fish entree but decided to go the beef route this time, in fact all three in our party ordered the filet mignon. Excellent, as expected. Service is attentive but not smothering. I highly recommend this restaurant. In fact, when visitors I meet on the golf course ask for recommendations I always tell them about Beach House, knowing they will not be disappointed. There are lots of very good to excellent restaurants in the Pacific Grove/Monterey/Carmel area and this one occupies space at the top of my list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded My ExpectationsSatisfiedCustomer10Dined on 11/22/2014This was my first time ever dining at Beach House Restaurant and it exceeded my expectations. The location is beautiful and the service and food was outstanding. I have no complaints whatsoever about my experience at Beach House Restaurant. From the starters, to the main course meal, and the dessert, everything was perfect. I would highly recommend Beach House Restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful restaurant in Pacific Grove!LocaldinerDined on 11/21/2014We would love to see the Beach House open for breakfast and lunch, as well as for dinner. This restaurant provides so much ambiance at all times of the day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Filet" - Med RARE, not Med Well please!IeatalotoffiletmignonVIPDined on 11/16/2014We recently dined here (my 3rd time since opening about a year ago. I have had the Filet 2 times previously, and it was very nice. Somehow this past visit was less than spectacular, to say the least. I ordered my steak MEDIUM RARE. After waiting nearly 30 minutes for our food (disappointed as they were maybe 60% occupancy) the server brought out this "Filet" which was sliced into 5 hunks. First off: Who serves it this way? I have never been served sliced steak when dining in a nice restaurant before. Secondly: The center cut seemed to be BARELY Med Rare. The other 4 slices had a touch of pink, and was burnt to a crisp all around the outside. As our server returned to check on our meal about 10 minutes later, I had already decided that eating it at this point was better than sending it back and enduring another long wait for food. She asked how my steak was, beating me to the statement "it looked way more done than Med Rare." WELL THEN... Why would you even serve this to me if it was not how I had ordered it?! She then asked if I would like to send it back, and that it would just take some time to cook a new one. I agreed with her that it was over done, then I asked why it had been served sliced. She had no response to this. I refrained from the bother of sending it back, and just accepted it for what it was... a burnt Filet. The service overall is usually pretty good. All I ask is that my food come in a timely manner, the way it was ordered, and of at least better quality than what was received. Don't get me started on desert either... the Mud Pie was served hard as a rock. We needed a knife and a fork to eat it.Special Features:
- Consistently GoodBeachcomberDined on 11/15/2014As part time locals, The Beach House is one of our "go to" favorites. The sunset dinner specials make early dining an extremely valuable pleasure. Our most recent dining experience did include a slow kitchen and overwhelmed server. But our server knew how to address the deficiency by keeping us updated and apologetic for the delay. She went so far as to comp us a free order of Firecracker Shrimp. Clearly an experienced server who knows how to ensure return business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greatly recommend the Beach House RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014The salmon with wild rice is very delicious, especially the salmon, it is flavored to perfection. Eat slowly, and enjoy the wonderful view from anywhere in the Restaurant. I was lucky to have a corner view of the bay from two different angles. Thank you for a wonderful experience during my visit to Monterey. KatieSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014The staff was very nice and I enjoyed their service. The food was very good. The atmosphere was excellent and I loved the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunset specials are a great bargain.PeterPGDined on 11/13/2014The sunset specials--arrive before 5:30 and seated by 6--are a great bargain--$10 for a fine meal with a great view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beach House Early BirdsacfooddudeDined on 11/9/2014I'm usually not a fan of early bird menus, but The Beach House does a nice job with it. Although the seniors we thought would take advantage of it didn't, the three of us that did, appreciated the value. The standard menu would fit the bill for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So DisappointedFoodieDined on 11/8/2014Food was so so and the bartender did not even know how to make a Cosmo martini ! Will not be returning
- bad Escargot nightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/8/2014WE have been to this restaurant a couple of times and recommend to all our friends. Our waiter Axle was great. Our appetizer Escargot was slow in getting to table and when I ate the first one it was cold second batch after we complaint was luke warm. Long story short my stomach did not agree with escargot in the am. Besides above i would still recommend The Beach House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a bitePGFoodieDined on 11/8/2014Let's start with some background.. This site used to be the Old Bath House. A stellar restaurant with high end service and ambiance. In some ways the Beach House has excelled the old establishment - décor, bar, outdoor patio.. All very nice. The concept is more laid back and less formal. The noise level is pretty high. The view - still outstanding.. Food was good verging on very good. I think you would not be disappointed if looking for a casual meal in a great setting...Special Features:
- Great ViewAOKAYDined on 11/8/2014We thoroughly enjoyed dining here. The view of Monterey on the water at night was beautiful. The waitress was outstanding and the food was reasonably priced for the area. We would definitely return to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shrimp to die forSactofoodieDined on 11/6/2014The service and food were excellent. The popcorn shrimp starter was fabulous. OK hamburger. Great ceasar salad. Great atmosphere. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Salmon Wins!mommalexDined on 11/6/2014I hosted a gratitude dinner for friends, five of whom ordered Salmon from the Sunset Menu. I received many thanks because everyone was happy with the food, locale, and scenery (there was a full moon reflecting off the Monterey Bay). My critique includes the host, who did not escort me to the table, although I was using a cane. I had to tell him I could not see well before he seated me rather than just pointing (a little lazy, perhaps?) This is not the level of service I am used to in Pacific Grove. The waitress seemed a little slow in taking our orders and in attending to our needs after serving.Special Features:
- worldtravelerDined on 11/4/2014We had their so=called early dinner (at 5 pm for a friendly price). Good and friendly service, excellently prepared meal, lovely view on the ocean (from Lovers' Point). You have to try it.Special Features:
- Not what it used to beOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/4/2014Beach House opened to rave reviews and with good reason. Took advantage of one of the last warm days for a patio early dinner. View outstanding as watching the day turn to night. What has changed is portions. For instance, the 4.00 special draft is now half the size it was, as is the Caesar salad. The salmon entree serving was adequate, but the pilaf served with it barely covered the small plate with one grain thickness. Definitely worth a novelty experience, but off my list of recommended PG restaurants.Special Features:
- Noisy!lizofpacificgroveDined on 11/2/2014I know it's considered hip to be "energetic" noisewise, but we couldn't wait to get out of there. The two of us were at a small table only 2 feet across from each other, and we had to yell, or pretend we heard what the other was saying! I guess that means we're not hip. Food was good, not great. Service was good, not great. Had to ask for more bread. When that was delivered, no extra butter came with it. Was not offered a coffee refill. But that's okay, because it tasted like burnt Folgers.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014A Tabele in the corner for two persons outside the Restaurant. It was cold outside and the outher tables inside was free!!! Never again!!
- The Beach House: Great Experience!FoodIsGoodDined on 11/1/2014Gorgeous panoramic views of the Monterey Bay… nice service… very good food. Their $9 4-6 pm special is a great value -- they are items off the regular menu. The firecracker shrimp appetizer very good -- rich and spicy. With bread & salad could definitely be a meal in itself.Special Features:
- Great supriseAbsintheDined on 10/29/2014We enjoyed the former Bath House for years. Fine dining and scenic. Restaurant closed years ago. New Beach House was a pleasant surprise. Informal, with great food and same beautiful scenic view. The Firecracker Shrimp was excellent as was the Butter lettuce salad and Salmon. Several worthy draft beers. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food okay, view greatMzmeVIPDined on 10/28/2014we sat at a corner table which had a great view but was a bit crowded. the food was a little disappointing- my scallops had huge pieces of grit that made them completely unpalateable.Special Features:
- The Beach House - a solid average ttryemallDined on 10/26/2014Tried the beach house because it was new to us. Had the sand dabs,they were slightly heavily breaded and slightly oily. There are better sand dabs locally. the poached pear dessert was less than stellar. The promised carmel gelato accompaniment was a very ordinary vanilla instead. Coffee was in line with the rest of the meal - very average, lacking the flavor and verve of the area's best - Acme. Service was well meaning and friendly, but very unpolished and not especially knowledgeable. Reception at the front of the house was friendly, competent, and went out of the way to accommodate.Special Features:
- it was okWoodDined on 10/23/2014Food was so-so. Wine list was so-so. Service was good and nice location for the restaurant. Not sure if I would go back.Special Features:
- Food Not As Good As SceneryDee58Dined on 10/23/2014After seeing their website I was really looking forward to the "husband-wife chef" cooking. As instructed we sat outside for better noise level - the view is outstanding. We had reservations for the early supper menu if we wanted. The waitress Debra was very nice and sold us on the "signature" fire-cracker shrimp appetizer. It was spicy and good - but, not great. Shrimp could have tasted better and cooked a little more. I played it safe with the pasta with shrimp which was good, but would have been better without the shrimp. My husband ordered the filet which was just O.K. The fresh warm bread was the best part. They need more FRESH fish and better menu choices than meatloaf. I expect more than ambiance from a restaurant in Pacific Grove.Special Features:
- UnimpressiveChef2BDined on 10/23/2014We were celebrating our 9th Anniversary so wanted a "special & romantic" place. We went early to take advantage of their sunset special and was glad I made reservations as in less than an hour the place was almost full. We were given one of the best view tables which I had requested. Our server's perfume was overwhelming! The bread was probably the best part of the meal. I had pesto pasta and added grilled prawns - the shrimp were very small and were steamed, not grilled and the basil cream sauce was excessively cheesy. My husband had a hamburger which was overcooked (he had requested medium, not well) and tasteless. Had to ask for ice, butter, water, bread...no acknowledgment of this special occasion. Overpriced and not impressed.Special Features:
- Good food, but extremely noisySergioOneDined on 10/22/2014Ordered a Riesling wine but served a Chardonnay. Firecracker shrimp were awesome. Food was good! Nice view facing The east over Monterrey Bay (no sunset views). Noise level was tough to take.Special Features:
- Beachhouse BirthdayLoverofJesusDined on 10/22/2014Making the reservation online beat out the crowd at the door...felt sorry for those poor people...wife enjoyed a very nice birthday dinner here, and we got home in time for the game!Special Features:
- Best in Monterey Bay areaRudolfDined on 10/22/2014The Beach House at Lover's Point on Monterey Bay is an outstanding restaurant in what used to be the Old Bath House. The food is delicious and the presentation is beautiful. This is especially a great place for early dining with several entrees for $10 each at 5:30 PM daily but reservations are essential.Special Features:
- innkeeperDined on 10/21/2014Wonderful, as always. I work in hospitality and send guests here all the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- locals gem on the beachJoeBDined on 10/21/2014the location over Lovers Point is breathtaking, the food as good. Locals menu between 4 and 6 pm is a great value, check web for times as It may be 4 to 5:30Special Features:
- Beautiful viewcarstatDined on 10/20/2014Right on the Pacific Ocean! Food was good, not great. But the view and good service made up for it.Special Features:
- Sunset Supper DealLilb1957Dined on 10/19/2014Great choices and prices! Fantastic view and location. Staff is very helpful and work quickly during the Sunset Supper hours. We enjoyed our meal and server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- P.G. treasureFranzDined on 10/19/2014They did a nice job in saving a city landmark. Perhaps table cloths and other sound deadening additions might help. The early bird special is a great value.Special Features:
- two thumbs up!!!! Great serviceRockyBalboaDined on 10/19/2014😄😄🍷🍝☕ Great Staff. .Jennifer, was a Great host. ..Thank you...guys"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner ExperienceMohnjadDined on 10/17/2014We've been to the Beach House several times, and will go again. The view, the food, and the service are all excellent. This time they had a mushroom risotto special; it was one of the best things I've had anywhere! Hope it gets added to the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but noisyMobyDined on 10/17/2014We were a party of six for an early dinner and enjoyed our experience, but did think the noise level was annoying. The food was excellent and comfortably priced. The waitress was most excellent--very pleasant and helpful. Wish I could remember her name, but she was a gem. The views of the bay were very nice.Special Features:
- One tiny flaw...FoodViewDined on 10/13/2014It would be appreciated if the wait-person asked before diluting my remaining Arnold Palmer by refilling it with straight iced tea. In my case, the answer would always be "No, Thank You." Others might well say "Yes, Thank You."Special Features:
- Loved it!!LovernotfighterDined on 10/11/2014I had planned a special evening for husband and myself. I had made special arrangments with the staff there and everything went perfectly. Food was amazing and staff was over the top great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.