Beach House Restaurant at Lovers Point
620 Ocean View Blvd
Pacific Grove, CA 93950Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Beach House Restaurant at Lovers Point
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.beachhousepg.com/
- Phone: 8313752345x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily 4:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Briana Sammut & Guillaume D'Angio
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, View, Wine
A word from Beach House Restaurant at Lovers Point
Casual California dining overlooking scenic and historic Lovers Point Beach.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Beach House Restaurant at Lovers Point - Best Restaurants in Pacific Grove ›
Beach House Restaurant at Lovers Point reviews from OpenTable diners
293 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (268)neighborhood gem (138)great for outdoor dining (125)special occasion (124)romantic (108)fit for foodies (74)good for groups (47)hot spot (27)kid-friendly (26)vibrant bar scene (26)great for lunch (23)notable wine list (21)great for brunch (18)late-night find (11)Show More
- Nice first visit for dinner...Princess5Dined on 9/14/2014I waited a very long time to get to your place...and was not disappointed! It is a nice restaurant with a great view of the water. Right next to a park and the Ocean that you could take a nice stroll after a very nice dinner! I would recommend this place to family and friends. I wish I would of remembered our two servers names but I can not. They were both friendly and helpful and delieverd great services. I am glad my boss recommended this place for dinner. I will return. My Basil Pasta was yummy and I added shrimp....! My friend had the steak very good also. We wanted dessert but were to full...next time!Special Features:
- Wonderful dinner at Beach HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014We were celebrating a birthday at Beach House and all 4 of us enjoyed the experience. We had a beautiful view from our window table, the food was wonderful, and an overall great evening. Can't wait to get back to Monterey and Lovers Point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/12/2014Ate here prior to Pac Grove triathlon. Close to hotel. Very good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PG LadyKWCWDined on 9/11/2014It is too noisy inside. We were lucky to get out door seating at 5:30 this time. Some times it is so noisy inside that we are unable to communicate.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/11/2014Fast friendly service. Excellent food & Super early bird menu.Special Features:
- Beach House...A Neighborhood Gem!CapeCodKatyDined on 9/10/2014Had a lovely meal, dining out on the deck absolutely wonderful! Excellent service and can't beat the view! My friends, visiting from Napa, were impressed with the wine list and enjoyed their meatloaf early bird dinner immensely. They had heard good things about the Beach House and were thrilled when I told them I had made reservations. Appreciated the ease of online reservations...thank you! As I live, literally, just around the corner...I will definitely continue to dine with you, as will my friends from Napa, I'm sure, the next time they are visiting the Peninsula.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT Food with a Viewhard2pleaseDined on 9/9/2014Not only a neighborhood gem, but another Monterey Peninsula treasure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quickl mealFoodieVIPDined on 9/8/2014This restaurant has a phenomenal view. Make a reservation and ask to sit by a window or on the patio. We had the sunset dinners which is a real value, but we felt really rushed. Our entrees came really fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All Time FavoriteAsticatDined on 9/8/2014The Beach House is my favorite in all of the Pacific Grove area......love the view, the food, and the service! Early dinner is sooooooo reasonably priced. Although not on the early bird menu, the truffled gnocchi is absolutely one of the most delicious foods I have ever eaten....it is "melt in your mouth" good.Special Features:
- cyebraDined on 9/7/2014We ate at the beach house on lovers point recently. We came here because we were staying at a house near by. Overall we had a good experience. We ordered the roasted corn chowder, (we were not a fan, but our wonderful server had it taken off the bill) the imported truffle gnocchi. That was really rich and creamy. The beet salad was simple but good. Last we had the chicken. It was a very large portion. The chicken was cooked perfectly, crisp skin and the mushrooms, pearl onions, and potatoes we also good. Overall the service was great. The food was OK and the view was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food just okayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014The food at the Beach House was just okay. For $7.00 per salad, I could've made a much tastier dressing plus it was scant in size. The fish filet I had was described on the menu as grilled onions, peppers, and potatoes. The onions and peppers might have been grilled, but the potatoes were fried like breakfast potatoes. It was just okay. Waitress and outdoor dining were fine, pleasant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014Priceless view of Monterey Bay with excellent wine and menu selection. Dinner was delicious and service prompt, friendly and engaging. A sure winner when visiting Monterey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Beach House at Lover's PointThebeachhouseDined on 9/1/2014We had an AWESOME dining experience at The Beach House at Lover's Point. Beautiful view of the Monterey Bay from our window table...most of the tables are situated next to a window or within view of the panoramic views of the bay. The food and wine list were outstanding...we both had the Salmon and we thoroughly enjoyed it. It was my wife's birthday and they brought her dessert with a candle with minimal fanfare....it was a nice touch. By the way, be sure to try any of their chocolate desserts that are available...we enjoyed two different ones and they were both outstanding (we tried each other's). We made our reservations on line and our table was ready well before we arrived....we cannot wait to go there again!Special Features:
- Great time, BUTOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014My lunch was fine, great pork over potatoes but I wasn't crazy about the cabbage. However, the inner dinning area had an interesting musky smell. Other than those fixes, I would certainly like to come back again!Special Features:
- Great FindTexasTwoStepDined on 8/31/2014Our first trip to Monterey. First night we dined in the more tourist area of Cannery Row. So glad we drove around and spotted Beach House. We will go back before leaving the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dinner with a viewHarmonyDined on 8/31/2014The sand dabs were flavorful and the light panko crust was crisp. My husband's meatloaf was a little mushy. We both loved the firecracker shrimp and the mud pie. Service was friendly and attentive. Lovely view from the patio.Special Features:
- Beautiful View!dad4markusDined on 8/31/2014Be sure to make reservations... We've been here twice in the last two weeks and had a wonderful experience both times!Special Features:
- Hit or missRkedDined on 8/30/2014Food was good, service not so much in the beginning, but made up for forgetting us. Seems hit or miss from my experience and the other reviews I've read.
- Perfect location in Pacific GroveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014It is perfectly located across the street to the Lovers Point Inn we stayed at. The fresh new surroundings, amazing view and exquisite food overwhelmed the slightly average waiter service we received, although the host guy was excellent in welcoming and saying goodnight as we left. Little choice for kids, but the house burger was good enough. My wife chose the filet mignon, I had the bacon wrapped meatloaf and we were both very impressed with the quality taste & presentation of the dishes. We weren't rushed and we weren't in a hurry so the slightly slower pace of the evening was ideal. As for the open table reservation, I asked for an indoor window view if available and that's exactly what was waiting for us. We look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a shamesteveVIPDined on 8/30/2014For such a unique setting, the menu was surprisingly limited, and the food itself was poor-fair. What a shame. Definitely won't be returning, plenty of other places in the Monterey-Pacific Grove-Carmel area that are more worthy of a visit.
- Nice placeAl42Dined on 8/29/2014Nice restaurant, good view and good service. Was quite noisy on the night we were there.Special Features:
- On the verge of something better.dragonbutlerDined on 8/27/2014We went there for the sunset special; I ordered the King Salmon with soup, and my wife ordered the Sand Dabs with a Caesar salad. Shortly after ordering, a waiter arrived with two salads- a caesar and a house. We informed him of the error, and our original waitress arrived soon after with the correct items and an apology. No harm, no foul- such things happen, and it was busy. However... when another waiter arrived with the main course, Sand Dabs... and meatloaf. Pretty sad, really- but in all fairness, our original waitress had things straight soon afterwards. Food quality was good, if not stellar- the house wine was a decent chardonnay, and I ordered an amber ale with my salmon, which was also good. They need at least one more waitperson.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014The food on the early dinner is yummy and such a bargain. And...the view can't be beat!!Special Features:
- JimjcleDined on 8/24/2014Great view restaurant for the Monterey area. Good wait staff enhanced the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beach House at Lovers PointEsticDined on 8/22/2014The Beach House Restaurant has great views and a versatile menu. The service was excellent and the food was delicious. We started with the Butter Lettuce Salad which was a little more dressed for my liking but did have excellent flavors. We both ordered the Spaghetti with Clam Sauce which came out with delicious clams with the meat inside the shell about the size of a nickel. There were probably about a dozen clams in each of our bowls of pasta. The spaghetti was al dente and the sauce was spicy. I love the spice, but if you're not a spice lover, I would suggest asking them to not put so much chili pepper in. I highly recommend this place, you will not be disappointed!Special Features:
- Fantastic!ShelleyDDined on 8/20/2014Alphie will greet you with a smile! The food and service is fantastic and well worth the price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming spot right on the oceanHappenedinVegasVIPDined on 8/18/2014We came to celebrate my wife's birthday and she loved it. This is a charming spot right on the ocean. The weather was a bit hazy so the view wasn't as wonderful had it been clear but nonetheless it was breathtaking. The food was pricy and menu options were rather limited, but you come here for great service and an amazing experience. The service is top notch and our family was pleased overall. We would recommend this place to anyone wanting a very special experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovetogooutVIPDined on 8/15/2014While vacationing we happened upon this restaurant!! What a great find! Great food!! Steak, salad and bread!! What more could one ask for! Highly recommend this place. Waiter could have been a little more friendly, but food way made up for him! Will be back when I come to town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing experienceDinersDined on 8/15/2014Sauce on the steak was blend. Worst petrole sole ever, it was served on a bed of greasy burnt roasted potatoes. Will not return.
- Wonderful find!bethhDined on 8/15/2014After a week of enjoying vacation in our little house near Lovers Point, to have a perfect dinner like the one we had at the Beach House seemed too much to ask. But there it was... an wonderfully attentive server, TERRIFIC food at a fair price, a view to die for. I had the Sand Dabs and a Caesar during the early hours of the evening, when there is a bit of a special. I heartily recommend the Beach House!Special Features:
- Great service, amazing food.sherribear71Dined on 8/14/2014Had a wonderful dining experience last Thursday. Had family in town and thought they would enjoy the scenic view. Food was excellent. One person in my party ordered the spaghetti and clams, they were WAY to spicy. It had tons of red pepper flakes. The waitress happily took it back and brought her a new dish that was just excellent. It took a little longer than anticipated but it was car week and busy. In the end we were not charged for it so it made up for it.Will return again and again with family to enjoy the great food and scenery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014SUPER. The location, food and service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Retirement PartyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014We took a friend here for her retirement party. Asked on-line for a window seat and got one! The service was outstanding, our waiter was attentive and friendly, even with a full house. He was nice enough to put a candle on our "shared" dessert for our retiree. We did the Sunset Supper, which cannot be beat for the price.Special Features:
- Early Dinner SpecialLawBoyDined on 8/13/2014Average about 2 times per week; both me and the wife work so it is not hard to dump dinner and go out. We tend to eat early and so we often take advantage of the $9.99 Sunset Special. A great deal all around! Go often, go early!Special Features:
- Great placeLikestoeatDined on 8/11/2014Service was excellent. Food was amazing. View was beautiful. Will definitely return next time I'm in Monterey area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Sunset MenuPGlocalfoodieDined on 8/10/2014Our favorite place at Lovers Point for an excellent early dinner with very reasonable prices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Constantly ........BennettDined on 8/10/2014Always great service and food! A delight to walk into a restaurant and know that the food, service, and spirit will not disappoint us!Special Features:
- Rude waiterJLCTEXDined on 8/8/2014We had a very disappointing visit to the Beach House with our 3 kids. Waiter was obviously put off with having to take care of our table. He was down right rude. Oysters were good and kids loved their $13 pasta. I had to return my steak. Asked for med rare and got well done. My guess is that it sat under a heat lamp and continued cooking. Unfortunately a manager never came by to check on the new steak or apologize. Would not go back.
- Great Dinner - Superb ViewsGritboyVIPDined on 8/6/2014This was our first time to the Beach House, but it will not be the last. We brought our family of seven here, including to boys age 9 and 12. The service was friendly and efficient, the food was great, the views of Monterey Bay were superb - what's not to like? We only wish they were open for lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nonameVIPDined on 8/3/2014Great early dinner option. Three of us had the sand dabs which were fine and one ordered the tomato bisque soup which was tasty but was a bit stringy? When asked about it we were told it was from the basil?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.