Beach House Restaurant at Lovers Point
620 Ocean View Blvd
Pacific Grove, CA 93950Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Beach House Restaurant at Lovers Point
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.beachhousepg.com/
- Phone: 8313752345x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily 4:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Briana Sammut & Guillaume D'Angio
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, View, Wine
A word from Beach House Restaurant at Lovers Point
Casual California dining overlooking scenic and historic Lovers Point Beach.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Beach House Restaurant at Lovers Point - Best Restaurants in Pacific Grove ›
Beach House Restaurant at Lovers Point reviews from OpenTable diners
304 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (279)neighborhood gem (143)special occasion (129)great for outdoor dining (129)romantic (108)fit for foodies (72)good for groups (48)hot spot (27)kid-friendly (27)vibrant bar scene (24)great for lunch (23)notable wine list (20)great for brunch (20)late-night find (9)Show More
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Our first trip to Monterey. First night we dined in the more tourist area of Cannery Row. So glad we drove around and spotted Beach House. We will go back before leaving the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dinner with a viewHarmonyDined on 8/31/2014The sand dabs were flavorful and the light panko crust was crisp. My husband's meatloaf was a little mushy. We both loved the firecracker shrimp and the mud pie. Service was friendly and attentive. Lovely view from the patio.Special Features:
- Hit or missOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Food was good, service not so much in the beginning, but made up for forgetting us. Seems hit or miss from my experience and the other reviews I've read.
- Perfect location in Pacific GroveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014It is perfectly located across the street to the Lovers Point Inn we stayed at. The fresh new surroundings, amazing view and exquisite food overwhelmed the slightly average waiter service we received, although the host guy was excellent in welcoming and saying goodnight as we left. Little choice for kids, but the house burger was good enough. My wife chose the filet mignon, I had the bacon wrapped meatloaf and we were both very impressed with the quality taste & presentation of the dishes. We weren't rushed and we weren't in a hurry so the slightly slower pace of the evening was ideal. As for the open table reservation, I asked for an indoor window view if available and that's exactly what was waiting for us. We look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a shamesteveVIPDined on 8/30/2014For such a unique setting, the menu was surprisingly limited, and the food itself was poor-fair. What a shame. Definitely won't be returning, plenty of other places in the Monterey-Pacific Grove-Carmel area that are more worthy of a visit.
- Nice placeAl42Dined on 8/29/2014Nice restaurant, good view and good service. Was quite noisy on the night we were there.Special Features:
- On the verge of something better.dragonbutlerDined on 8/27/2014We went there for the sunset special; I ordered the King Salmon with soup, and my wife ordered the Sand Dabs with a Caesar salad. Shortly after ordering, a waiter arrived with two salads- a caesar and a house. We informed him of the error, and our original waitress arrived soon after with the correct items and an apology. No harm, no foul- such things happen, and it was busy. However... when another waiter arrived with the main course, Sand Dabs... and meatloaf. Pretty sad, really- but in all fairness, our original waitress had things straight soon afterwards. Food quality was good, if not stellar- the house wine was a decent chardonnay, and I ordered an amber ale with my salmon, which was also good. They need at least one more waitperson.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014The food on the early dinner is yummy and such a bargain. And...the view can't be beat!!Special Features:
- JimjcleDined on 8/24/2014Great view restaurant for the Monterey area. Good wait staff enhanced the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beach House at Lovers PointEsticDined on 8/22/2014The Beach House Restaurant has great views and a versatile menu. The service was excellent and the food was delicious. We started with the Butter Lettuce Salad which was a little more dressed for my liking but did have excellent flavors. We both ordered the Spaghetti with Clam Sauce which came out with delicious clams with the meat inside the shell about the size of a nickel. There were probably about a dozen clams in each of our bowls of pasta. The spaghetti was al dente and the sauce was spicy. I love the spice, but if you're not a spice lover, I would suggest asking them to not put so much chili pepper in. I highly recommend this place, you will not be disappointed!Special Features:
- Fantastic!ShelleyDDined on 8/20/2014Alphie will greet you with a smile! The food and service is fantastic and well worth the price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming spot right on the oceanHappenedinVegasDined on 8/18/2014We came to celebrate my wife's birthday and she loved it. This is a charming spot right on the ocean. The weather was a bit hazy so the view wasn't as wonderful had it been clear but nonetheless it was breathtaking. The food was pricy and menu options were rather limited, but you come here for great service and an amazing experience. The service is top notch and our family was pleased overall. We would recommend this place to anyone wanting a very special experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovetogooutVIPDined on 8/15/2014While vacationing we happened upon this restaurant!! What a great find! Great food!! Steak, salad and bread!! What more could one ask for! Highly recommend this place. Waiter could have been a little more friendly, but food way made up for him! Will be back when I come to town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing experienceDinersDined on 8/15/2014Sauce on the steak was blend. Worst petrole sole ever, it was served on a bed of greasy burnt roasted potatoes. Will not return.
- Wonderful find!bethhDined on 8/15/2014After a week of enjoying vacation in our little house near Lovers Point, to have a perfect dinner like the one we had at the Beach House seemed too much to ask. But there it was... an wonderfully attentive server, TERRIFIC food at a fair price, a view to die for. I had the Sand Dabs and a Caesar during the early hours of the evening, when there is a bit of a special. I heartily recommend the Beach House!Special Features:
- Great service, amazing food.sherribear71Dined on 8/14/2014Had a wonderful dining experience last Thursday. Had family in town and thought they would enjoy the scenic view. Food was excellent. One person in my party ordered the spaghetti and clams, they were WAY to spicy. It had tons of red pepper flakes. The waitress happily took it back and brought her a new dish that was just excellent. It took a little longer than anticipated but it was car week and busy. In the end we were not charged for it so it made up for it.Will return again and again with family to enjoy the great food and scenery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014SUPER. The location, food and service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Retirement PartyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014We took a friend here for her retirement party. Asked on-line for a window seat and got one! The service was outstanding, our waiter was attentive and friendly, even with a full house. He was nice enough to put a candle on our "shared" dessert for our retiree. We did the Sunset Supper, which cannot be beat for the price.Special Features:
- Early Dinner SpecialLawBoyDined on 8/13/2014Average about 2 times per week; both me and the wife work so it is not hard to dump dinner and go out. We tend to eat early and so we often take advantage of the $9.99 Sunset Special. A great deal all around! Go often, go early!Special Features:
- Great placeLikestoeatDined on 8/11/2014Service was excellent. Food was amazing. View was beautiful. Will definitely return next time I'm in Monterey area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Sunset MenuPGlocalfoodieDined on 8/10/2014Our favorite place at Lovers Point for an excellent early dinner with very reasonable prices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Constantly ........BennettDined on 8/10/2014Always great service and food! A delight to walk into a restaurant and know that the food, service, and spirit will not disappoint us!Special Features:
- Rude waiterJLCTEXDined on 8/8/2014We had a very disappointing visit to the Beach House with our 3 kids. Waiter was obviously put off with having to take care of our table. He was down right rude. Oysters were good and kids loved their $13 pasta. I had to return my steak. Asked for med rare and got well done. My guess is that it sat under a heat lamp and continued cooking. Unfortunately a manager never came by to check on the new steak or apologize. Would not go back.
- Great Dinner - Superb ViewsGritboyVIPDined on 8/6/2014This was our first time to the Beach House, but it will not be the last. We brought our family of seven here, including to boys age 9 and 12. The service was friendly and efficient, the food was great, the views of Monterey Bay were superb - what's not to like? We only wish they were open for lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nonameVIPDined on 8/3/2014Great early dinner option. Three of us had the sand dabs which were fine and one ordered the tomato bisque soup which was tasty but was a bit stringy? When asked about it we were told it was from the basil?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEACH HOUSE RESTAURANT SUNSET MENUdinning1starDined on 8/3/2014We have eaten at the Beach House sunset menu more than 6 times and the food is always excellent. Our last visit with out of town quests on Sunday was no exception. The food was spot on and excellent as always, but (if they have an expediter) I found bit of spinach on my wife's plate of sand dabs that was not wiped off and the sand dabs were only warm not hot and the braised red cabbage and apple was cold minus any apples for my two out of town quests on their flame-broiled pork tenderloin. Despite the flaws on Sunday we still find the Beach House the best kept secret for sunset dinner. We will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance and viewlizzylizard217Dined on 8/2/2014My husband and I had a wonderful delicious anniversary dinner here with an excellent table for two facing the ocean. The food was great, the waitstaff was wonderful, and the atmosphere was delightful. We want to go back soon! We liked how the restaurant was fancy but the dress code was casual. We enjoyed walking along the ocean before we sat for our dinner.Special Features:
- Good but mixed resultsVisitOftenVIPDined on 8/1/2014Our meal started out a bit disappointing, as we had asked for a table with a view and saw one given to a party ahead of us who did not have a reservation and then a window table with a decidedly limited view was offered to us. Still the food as good. My husband thought the meatloaf was one of the best he has ever had: moist and succulent. My shortrib ravioli with braised carrots was not as successful. There were some good flavors completely overpowered by excessive salt. The firecracker shrimp appetizer was excellent, with just the right amount of heat. We will return to this restaurant again.Special Features:
- DorisDined on 8/1/2014Too loud!I will not GO back.Food is average . No ambience!
- localyokelDined on 7/31/2014The view is spectacular. The sunset menu is an outstanding value with everything on the menu priced at $9.90 House wine or beer is $4. This is a deal that can't be beat. The host is lacking personality and a bit brash but he did his job. We will be back!Special Features:
- MargieDined on 7/31/2014Great place for locals and out of town guests. All love this beautiful place, clean, great service and good for a great price during Sunset Dinner hours.Special Features:
- consistantJoeBDined on 7/29/2014this is a true locals spot, early dinners at a great price! The best part is the quality and consistency of the food.Special Features:
- Always a tresureArturoDined on 7/28/2014When we are in Monterey, we always make it a point of dining early at the Beach House Restaurant at Lovers Point. The Blue Plate specials/Early Bird Meals are continually excellent, as is the restaurant services. We are never disappointed in the food or prices. Quality control, swift service have been consistent. Love it!Special Features:
- montereylocalmontereylocalDined on 7/27/2014For our first visit we opted for their "Sunset Supper" an early-birds type, limited menu. (just in case it was disappointing, we wouldn't be out a great deal!) Great price and beautiful views. Their regular menu is also very reasonable. We were very pleased and will surely return.Special Features:
- BelleBelleDined on 7/26/2014The Beach house is always a must when we visit Pacific Grove. We would definitely be regulars if we lived in the area. The service, food and view are wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's about the viewMiaAnimaDined on 7/24/2014The food is a little inconsistent, moderate pricesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!NettieLouDined on 7/23/2014We were blown away by the fantastic sunset dinner . The value was unbelievable for the quality of the food and the service! We were so impressed we made another reservation for the very next evening and loved it again! We can't wait to eat there again on our next trip down to Pacific Grove. We want to thank the chefs for their delicious food, the owner for reopening this great restaurant at this most perfect location and to Alfredo our server who helped to make our dining experience one of the best we've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!Carrie136Dined on 7/23/2014This restaurant is at Lover's Point. Their Sunset Suppers are the best! They offer 7 different full-sized dinners at $9.90 from 4:00 to 6:00 PM. After that the dinners are full price. The service was perfect and the food was excellent. The Firecracker Shrimp appetizer is dynamite!!!! We had a nice table overlooking the ocean and the little beach below the restaurant. Definitely worth another visit! Make reservations though, they seem to fill up fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food with a viewBarbDined on 7/21/2014The firecracker shrimp was very tasty and seasoned to perfection. The halibut was expertly prepared. Order medium rare. Finish with a lemon tart. All served with a great view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner and a viewsteverinoDined on 7/19/2014Killer view, great food, excellent service. Great place to go for romantic dinners or take out of towners for a great dinner and view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.