Beach House Restaurant at Lovers Point
620 Ocean View Blvd
Pacific Grove, CA 93950Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Beach House Restaurant at Lovers Point
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.beachhousepg.com/
- Phone: 8313752345x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily 4:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Briana Sammut & Guillaume D'Angio
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, View, Wine
A word from Beach House Restaurant at Lovers Point
Casual California dining overlooking scenic and historic Lovers Point Beach.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Beach House Restaurant at Lovers Point - Best Restaurants in Pacific Grove ›
Beach House Restaurant at Lovers Point reviews from OpenTable diners
264 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (236)neighborhood gem (126)special occasion (107)great for outdoor dining (105)romantic (98)fit for foodies (65)good for groups (50)hot spot (25)kid-friendly (18)vibrant bar scene (18)great for lunch (18)notable wine list (14)great for brunch (10)late-night find (10)Show More
- The Beach House - a solid average tOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/26/2014Tried the beach house because it was new to us. Had the sand dabs,they were slightly heavily breaded and slightly oily. There are better sand dabs locally. the poached pear dessert was less than stellar. The promised carmel gelato accompaniment was a very ordinary vanilla instead. Coffee was in line with the rest of the meal - very average, lacking the flavor and verve of the area's best - Acme. Service was well meaning and friendly, but very unpolished and not especially knowledgeable. Reception at the front of the house was friendly, competent, and went out of the way to accommodate.Special Features:
- Food Not As Good As SceneryDee58Dined on 10/23/2014After seeing their website I was really looking forward to the "husband-wife chef" cooking. As instructed we sat outside for better noise level - the view is outstanding. We had reservations for the early supper menu if we wanted. The waitress Debra was very nice and sold us on the "signature" fire-cracker shrimp appetizer. It was spicy and good - but, not great. Shrimp could have tasted better and cooked a little more. I played it safe with the pasta with shrimp which was good, but would have been better without the shrimp. My husband ordered the filet which was just O.K. The fresh warm bread was the best part. They need more FRESH fish and better menu choices than meatloaf. I expect more than ambiance from a restaurant in Pacific Grove.Special Features:
- UnimpressiveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/23/2014We were celebrating our 9th Anniversary so wanted a "special & romantic" place. We went early to take advantage of their sunset special and was glad I made reservations as in less than an hour the place was almost full. We were given one of the best view tables which I had requested. Our server's perfume was overwhelming! The bread was probably the best part of the meal. I had pesto pasta and added grilled prawns - the shrimp were very small and were steamed, not grilled and the basil cream sauce was excessively cheesy. My husband had a hamburger which was overcooked (he had requested medium, not well) and tasteless. Had to ask for ice, butter, water, bread...no acknowledgment of this special occasion. Overpriced and not impressed.Special Features:
- Good food, but extremely noisySergioOneDined on 10/22/2014Ordered a Riesling wine but served a Chardonnay. Firecracker shrimp were awesome. Food was good! Nice view facing The east over Monterrey Bay (no sunset views). Noise level was tough to take.Special Features:
- Beachhouse BirthdayLoverofJesusDined on 10/22/2014Making the reservation online beat out the crowd at the door...felt sorry for those poor people...wife enjoyed a very nice birthday dinner here, and we got home in time for the game!Special Features:
- Best in Monterey Bay areaRudolfDined on 10/22/2014The Beach House at Lover's Point on Monterey Bay is an outstanding restaurant in what used to be the Old Bath House. The food is delicious and the presentation is beautiful. This is especially a great place for early dining with several entrees for $10 each at 5:30 PM daily but reservations are essential.Special Features:
- innkeeperDined on 10/21/2014Wonderful, as always. I work in hospitality and send guests here all the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- locals gem on the beachJoeBDined on 10/21/2014the location over Lovers Point is breathtaking, the food as good. Locals menu between 4 and 6 pm is a great value, check web for times as It may be 4 to 5:30Special Features:
- Beautiful viewcarstatDined on 10/20/2014Right on the Pacific Ocean! Food was good, not great. But the view and good service made up for it.Special Features:
- Sunset Supper DealLilb1957Dined on 10/19/2014Great choices and prices! Fantastic view and location. Staff is very helpful and work quickly during the Sunset Supper hours. We enjoyed our meal and server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- P.G. treasureFranzDined on 10/19/2014They did a nice job in saving a city landmark. Perhaps table cloths and other sound deadening additions might help. The early bird special is a great value.Special Features:
- two thumbs up!!!! Great serviceRockyBalboaDined on 10/19/2014😄😄🍷🍝☕ Great Staff. .Jennifer, was a Great host. ..Thank you...guys"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner ExperienceMohnjadDined on 10/17/2014We've been to the Beach House several times, and will go again. The view, the food, and the service are all excellent. This time they had a mushroom risotto special; it was one of the best things I've had anywhere! Hope it gets added to the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but noisyMobyDined on 10/17/2014We were a party of six for an early dinner and enjoyed our experience, but did think the noise level was annoying. The food was excellent and comfortably priced. The waitress was most excellent--very pleasant and helpful. Wish I could remember her name, but she was a gem. The views of the bay were very nice.Special Features:
- One tiny flaw...FoodViewDined on 10/13/2014It would be appreciated if the wait-person asked before diluting my remaining Arnold Palmer by refilling it with straight iced tea. In my case, the answer would always be "No, Thank You." Others might well say "Yes, Thank You."Special Features:
- Loved it!!LovernotfighterDined on 10/11/2014I had planned a special evening for husband and myself. I had made special arrangments with the staff there and everything went perfectly. Food was amazing and staff was over the top great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Great location. But trying to serve fast slow do just a it add a little more special attention. Such a romantic spot. Fish was over cooked. Felt rushed was our first Time. Most likely we will try another place.Special Features:
- Good Food and AmbianceCaliforniaKarenDined on 10/10/2014The view at Lover's Point was very nice. It was dark outside, so didn't get to enjoy it as much if it had been light outside. Food was very good and staff was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Views, views, viewsNorCalSusyDined on 10/10/2014This is a lovely oceanside restaurant with outstanding views from most tables with protected outside dining also available. The menu is versatile and the food delicious. The tomato basil soup was outstanding, and our entrees were also excellent, followed by luscous lemon tart and pear cobbler desserts. Given the unbelievable view, this restaurant is a very affordable option for a memorable dinner. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeniorswonderbaDined on 10/10/2014We are extremely pleased every time we dine at this place. When we arrive we are warmly greeted by name. Alfie PM manager always tries to accommodate us by sitting us at a window table. Dona, our server, is very friendly and pleasant. Will recommend this restaurant to friends.Special Features:
- Diamond at Lover's PointBirdofparadiseDined on 10/8/2014Aside from the glorious, romantic view, the food at the Beach House is consistently delicious, unique and fresh. From the scrumptious bread and butter, to the wide variety of appetizers and entrees, this is one of our favorite places and a must each time we visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerJb1234Dined on 10/7/2014I saw this restaurant on a website and read all these amazing reviews but it was nothing close too. Our server wasn't very interactive with us I would say- he checked on us one time besides taking our order and giving us our check. The food wasn't that great either. The view was really amazing from the whole restaurant but besides that I probably wouldn't go back again.Special Features:
- Beach House InnOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/5/2014This used to be the "Bath House". The new restaurant is really a gem. Great views and really good food at reasonable prices. Who could ask for anything more?Special Features:
- I didn't hate itsayheykidDined on 10/4/2014I went here over ten years ago when it was the Bath House, and I guess I was expecting that same level of sophistication. The server was very nice, but didn't have the level of professionalism I was expecting. Another server nearly ran into to me and seemed more irritated than apologetic. The food was the best part, but it's a very safe and savory menu that isn't too hard to get wrong in my opinion.Special Features:
- First-timer's2forPGdinnerDined on 10/4/2014My wife and I were seated right away, by a window as requested in our online reservation. We came for the Sunset Special. The service was excellent and our wine and dinner selections were excellent as well. Will definitely be returning for the Sunset Special again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderbaDined on 10/3/2014Food and service are very good. It is a good place to bring your out of town guests for dinner. The price is right and the serving staff are very pleasant.Special Features:
- Another great early dinner!PandJDined on 10/2/2014Our dinner experience this past Thursday evening was spectacular..Everyone should experience the beautiful view of the Monterey Bay from the Beach House while having one of their great dinners!!Special Features:
- Great food but too quick !UKReviewOct2014Dined on 10/1/2014We would absolutely recommend this restaurant for the food and the staff were lovely but we just felt very rushed, literally as the starter was finished the main course appeared and the whole meal was over in 50 minutes. We would have liked to take our time and enjoy the view.Special Features:
- DelightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014The food was very good, the view was fantastic and the local special was hard to beat. TERRIFIC bargain for the price, location and view! I will be back.Special Features:
- Great waiterwindmillwendyDined on 9/30/2014We take one vacation a year with our close group of friends so there were 10 at the table that night. The food was wonderful, with the exception that the two who ordered the escargot were disappointed. There is a full bar, one of the FEW in Pacific Grove. But the best thing was the waiter, Jaciel. He was on top of everything and PLAYFUL, which is very important to our group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise LevelOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014WE sat outside which is usually much better than the noise level inside due to the lack of insulation in the ceiling inside.. The next table happened to have a large table of women who were noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/30/2014We were in Monterey on vacation and to celebrate my husband's birthday. The restaurant was an excellent choice. The view from our table was overlooking the water, which was exactly what we requested. Our waiter was excellent and very attentive. The food was excellent. We ordered from the Sunset Special menu and that was great. The Beach House was a perfect choice for this celebration. A very popular restaurant and reservations are recommended. We went early (4:45 pm) before the evening crowd started arriving.Special Features:
- Great food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014We love coming to the Beach House the food is delicious and great service you can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab view and valueGreenGoddessDined on 9/29/2014The Early Bird menu is so reasonable, you can't afford not to sit out on the deck and watch the beautiful Lovers Point view of the Bay and little Pacific Grove Victorian houses. Even on cool evenings, the surrounding glass and heaters keep the deck cozy. (And you can enjoy the music and ocean sounds as it is much quieter than inside this busy restaurant.) My German heritage appreciated the roast pork, smashed Yukon gold potatoes and red cabbage. Get the tomato-roasted pepper soup if it is available. A yummy dinner and view for the price of a mediocre lunch elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Location and Ambiance were great! Definitely recommend the Firecracker Shrimp appetizer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a view!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014I love dining here and sitting on the patio. Not only is the early bird menu a great option but the view across the bay in one of a kind.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience!h2obuffDined on 9/23/2014We went for the early dinner setting. The menu at this setting offered a wide variety for any appetite. Warm bread and butter was offered at the beginning of the meal. The meals served were very hot and delicious. Everyone at the table had something different & each had high praise for the wonderful dishes. It was a perfect size meal for the price. The service was excellent and very attentive. The atmosphere was so open, clean and inviting. We had beer & wine - which also was very good. I highly recommend this restaurant - especially the early dinner menu. Keep up the great work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Miss This RestaurantLoveDiningDined on 9/21/2014We always go for the sunset dinners that are served early. You cannot beat the price, service and the food quality. Everything we have had has been delicious right down to the bread. The firecracker shrimp appetizer is a favorite. We visit as often as we can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good meal ok serviceJeffVIPDined on 9/20/2014The service was a little slow - food and drink not timed well. Overall good experience just need some service tweaksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodTennesseeProudDined on 9/20/2014Food was awesome....memorable. I found the restaurant very noisy. It was difficult to carry on a conversation. View and service was great!Special Features: