Beach House Restaurant at Lovers Point
620 Ocean View Blvd
Pacific Grove, CA 93950Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Beach House Restaurant at Lovers Point
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.beachhousepg.com/
- Phone: 8313752345x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily 4:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Briana Sammut & Guillaume D'Angio
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, View, Wine
A word from Beach House Restaurant at Lovers Point
Casual California dining overlooking scenic and historic Lovers Point Beach.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Beach House Restaurant at Lovers Point - Best Restaurants in Pacific Grove ›
Beach House Restaurant at Lovers Point reviews from OpenTable diners
284 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (256)neighborhood gem (133)special occasion (123)great for outdoor dining (116)romantic (103)fit for foodies (78)good for groups (45)hot spot (27)kid-friendly (24)vibrant bar scene (24)notable wine list (22)great for lunch (21)great for brunch (17)late-night find (11)Show More
- Great food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014We love coming to the Beach House the food is delicious and great service you can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Location and Ambiance were great! Definitely recommend the Firecracker Shrimp appetizer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a view!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014I love dining here and sitting on the patio. Not only is the early bird menu a great option but the view across the bay in one of a kind.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience!h2obuffDined on 9/23/2014We went for the early dinner setting. The menu at this setting offered a wide variety for any appetite. Warm bread and butter was offered at the beginning of the meal. The meals served were very hot and delicious. Everyone at the table had something different & each had high praise for the wonderful dishes. It was a perfect size meal for the price. The service was excellent and very attentive. The atmosphere was so open, clean and inviting. We had beer & wine - which also was very good. I highly recommend this restaurant - especially the early dinner menu. Keep up the great work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Miss This RestaurantLoveDiningDined on 9/21/2014We always go for the sunset dinners that are served early. You cannot beat the price, service and the food quality. Everything we have had has been delicious right down to the bread. The firecracker shrimp appetizer is a favorite. We visit as often as we can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good meal ok serviceJeffVIPDined on 9/20/2014The service was a little slow - food and drink not timed well. Overall good experience just need some service tweaksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodTennesseeProudDined on 9/20/2014Food was awesome....memorable. I found the restaurant very noisy. It was difficult to carry on a conversation. View and service was great!Special Features:
- Overall GoodChowhoundDined on 9/20/2014We were meeting out of country friends and had a problem connecting with them. The restaurant passed on our message that we were running late - went the extra mile for us. Great view, food was fair, seemed expensive for the quality. The pasta dish with Portobello mushrooms was over salted. Extreme noise level, had a hard time hearing the person next to me. Great wine selection! The service was very good, despite the big crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still hoping for wow factorOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014I'll keep trying. With the views and convenient location I'll keep coming back but the food remains rather bland and unmemorable. I appreciate the early bird specials and reasonable wine by the bottle prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tourist trapnothappyDined on 9/19/2014The beach house has been there for a long time and used to be a fancy traditional restaurant for special occasions. We gave it another try this last weekend for our anniversary, but wished we didn't. I ordered the filet mignon which first came overcooked (I ordered it medium rare) the second time it was correct but I like my steak in one piece and they pre-sliced it. It was also obvious they microwave it. It was almost as if there is no chef there and just a few cooks re-heating food. Too bad, because the location is great.Special Features:
- reservation timeDiningOutDined on 9/17/2014This restaurant has an "early bird" special for dinner & drinks from 4-6pm. You must be seated by 5:30 & order dinner by 6pm to get this special. Luckily the wait staff is flexible with this arrangement. We had reservations for 5:45 & were seated by 5:40 (we arrived at 5:30), at first we were given menus with full price entrees, we acted surprised & mentioned the 6pm "ruling". Our waitress changed our menus to the early bird ones. This is something that should be highlighted on our your web page for the restaurant.Special Features:
- We had a great time!!!BigBadJohnDined on 9/15/2014I had made reservations for a nice birthday celebration of my wife's birthday. The table we had was perfect. The food was great and our waitress was very efficient and very friendly. We had a marvelous time!!! We will definitely be back!!!Special Features:
- Nice first visit for dinner...Princess5Dined on 9/14/2014I waited a very long time to get to your place...and was not disappointed! It is a nice restaurant with a great view of the water. Right next to a park and the Ocean that you could take a nice stroll after a very nice dinner! I would recommend this place to family and friends. I wish I would of remembered our two servers names but I can not. They were both friendly and helpful and delieverd great services. I am glad my boss recommended this place for dinner. I will return. My Basil Pasta was yummy and I added shrimp....! My friend had the steak very good also. We wanted dessert but were to full...next time!Special Features:
- ssflashDined on 9/14/2014Food was good, great deal with "early-bird" prices. Dessert was yummy (lemon tart). Will go again!Special Features:
- Beautiful scenery!healthydiningDined on 9/13/2014It was a special treat to dine at Beach House Restaurant. I had been wanting to eat here since it opened. We were seated in a corner table overlooking the beautiful Monterey Bay.The food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner at Beach HousepenibalDined on 9/12/2014We were celebrating a birthday at Beach House and all 4 of us enjoyed the experience. We had a beautiful view from our window table, the food was wonderful, and an overall great evening. Can't wait to get back to Monterey and Lovers Point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great find!ChuckDined on 9/12/2014Ate here prior to Pac Grove triathlon. Close to hotel. Very good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PG LadyKWCWDined on 9/11/2014It is too noisy inside. We were lucky to get out door seating at 5:30 this time. Some times it is so noisy inside that we are unable to communicate.Special Features:
- ExcellentfoodieismeDined on 9/11/2014Fast friendly service. Excellent food & Super early bird menu.Special Features:
- Beach House...A Neighborhood Gem!CapeCodKatyDined on 9/10/2014Had a lovely meal, dining out on the deck absolutely wonderful! Excellent service and can't beat the view! My friends, visiting from Napa, were impressed with the wine list and enjoyed their meatloaf early bird dinner immensely. They had heard good things about the Beach House and were thrilled when I told them I had made reservations. Appreciated the ease of online reservations...thank you! As I live, literally, just around the corner...I will definitely continue to dine with you, as will my friends from Napa, I'm sure, the next time they are visiting the Peninsula.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT Food with a Viewhard2pleaseDined on 9/9/2014Not only a neighborhood gem, but another Monterey Peninsula treasure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quickl mealFoodieVIPDined on 9/8/2014This restaurant has a phenomenal view. Make a reservation and ask to sit by a window or on the patio. We had the sunset dinners which is a real value, but we felt really rushed. Our entrees came really fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All Time FavoriteAsticatDined on 9/8/2014The Beach House is my favorite in all of the Pacific Grove area......love the view, the food, and the service! Early dinner is sooooooo reasonably priced. Although not on the early bird menu, the truffled gnocchi is absolutely one of the most delicious foods I have ever eaten....it is "melt in your mouth" good.Special Features:
- cyebraDined on 9/7/2014We ate at the beach house on lovers point recently. We came here because we were staying at a house near by. Overall we had a good experience. We ordered the roasted corn chowder, (we were not a fan, but our wonderful server had it taken off the bill) the imported truffle gnocchi. That was really rich and creamy. The beet salad was simple but good. Last we had the chicken. It was a very large portion. The chicken was cooked perfectly, crisp skin and the mushrooms, pearl onions, and potatoes we also good. Overall the service was great. The food was OK and the view was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food just okayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014The food at the Beach House was just okay. For $7.00 per salad, I could've made a much tastier dressing plus it was scant in size. The fish filet I had was described on the menu as grilled onions, peppers, and potatoes. The onions and peppers might have been grilled, but the potatoes were fried like breakfast potatoes. It was just okay. Waitress and outdoor dining were fine, pleasant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014Priceless view of Monterey Bay with excellent wine and menu selection. Dinner was delicious and service prompt, friendly and engaging. A sure winner when visiting Monterey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Beach House at Lover's PointThebeachhouseDined on 9/1/2014We had an AWESOME dining experience at The Beach House at Lover's Point. Beautiful view of the Monterey Bay from our window table...most of the tables are situated next to a window or within view of the panoramic views of the bay. The food and wine list were outstanding...we both had the Salmon and we thoroughly enjoyed it. It was my wife's birthday and they brought her dessert with a candle with minimal fanfare....it was a nice touch. By the way, be sure to try any of their chocolate desserts that are available...we enjoyed two different ones and they were both outstanding (we tried each other's). We made our reservations on line and our table was ready well before we arrived....we cannot wait to go there again!Special Features:
- Great time, BUTOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014My lunch was fine, great pork over potatoes but I wasn't crazy about the cabbage. However, the inner dinning area had an interesting musky smell. Other than those fixes, I would certainly like to come back again!Special Features:
- Great FindTexasTwoStepDined on 8/31/2014Our first trip to Monterey. First night we dined in the more tourist area of Cannery Row. So glad we drove around and spotted Beach House. We will go back before leaving the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dinner with a viewHarmonyDined on 8/31/2014The sand dabs were flavorful and the light panko crust was crisp. My husband's meatloaf was a little mushy. We both loved the firecracker shrimp and the mud pie. Service was friendly and attentive. Lovely view from the patio.Special Features:
- Beautiful View!dad4markusDined on 8/31/2014Be sure to make reservations... We've been here twice in the last two weeks and had a wonderful experience both times!Special Features:
- Hit or missRkedDined on 8/30/2014Food was good, service not so much in the beginning, but made up for forgetting us. Seems hit or miss from my experience and the other reviews I've read.
- Perfect location in Pacific GroveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014It is perfectly located across the street to the Lovers Point Inn we stayed at. The fresh new surroundings, amazing view and exquisite food overwhelmed the slightly average waiter service we received, although the host guy was excellent in welcoming and saying goodnight as we left. Little choice for kids, but the house burger was good enough. My wife chose the filet mignon, I had the bacon wrapped meatloaf and we were both very impressed with the quality taste & presentation of the dishes. We weren't rushed and we weren't in a hurry so the slightly slower pace of the evening was ideal. As for the open table reservation, I asked for an indoor window view if available and that's exactly what was waiting for us. We look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a shamesteveVIPDined on 8/30/2014For such a unique setting, the menu was surprisingly limited, and the food itself was poor-fair. What a shame. Definitely won't be returning, plenty of other places in the Monterey-Pacific Grove-Carmel area that are more worthy of a visit.
- Nice placeAl42Dined on 8/29/2014Nice restaurant, good view and good service. Was quite noisy on the night we were there.Special Features:
- On the verge of something better.dragonbutlerDined on 8/27/2014We went there for the sunset special; I ordered the King Salmon with soup, and my wife ordered the Sand Dabs with a Caesar salad. Shortly after ordering, a waiter arrived with two salads- a caesar and a house. We informed him of the error, and our original waitress arrived soon after with the correct items and an apology. No harm, no foul- such things happen, and it was busy. However... when another waiter arrived with the main course, Sand Dabs... and meatloaf. Pretty sad, really- but in all fairness, our original waitress had things straight soon afterwards. Food quality was good, if not stellar- the house wine was a decent chardonnay, and I ordered an amber ale with my salmon, which was also good. They need at least one more waitperson.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014The food on the early dinner is yummy and such a bargain. And...the view can't be beat!!Special Features:
- JimjcleDined on 8/24/2014Great view restaurant for the Monterey area. Good wait staff enhanced the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beach House at Lovers PointEsticDined on 8/22/2014The Beach House Restaurant has great views and a versatile menu. The service was excellent and the food was delicious. We started with the Butter Lettuce Salad which was a little more dressed for my liking but did have excellent flavors. We both ordered the Spaghetti with Clam Sauce which came out with delicious clams with the meat inside the shell about the size of a nickel. There were probably about a dozen clams in each of our bowls of pasta. The spaghetti was al dente and the sauce was spicy. I love the spice, but if you're not a spice lover, I would suggest asking them to not put so much chili pepper in. I highly recommend this place, you will not be disappointed!Special Features:
- Fantastic!ShelleyDDined on 8/20/2014Alphie will greet you with a smile! The food and service is fantastic and well worth the price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.