Beach House on Laguna Beach
619 Sleepy Hollow Lane
Laguna Beach, CA 92651Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Beach House on Laguna Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thebeachhouse.com/
- Phone: 9494949707
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Daily: 8:00am - 3:30pm; Sunset Specials: Nightly: 4:30pm - 6:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Michael Ingino
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Beach House on Laguna Beach
Beach House offers seaside dining overlooking the most beautiful sunset in Orange County.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Beach House on Laguna Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great View & DrinksBreeseeVIPDined on 10/1/2013Hubby and I went on my birthday during sunset. We sat outside and had the most gorgeous view! Food, service and drinks were all amazing but the view adds to it all! Definitely do it again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb oceanfront locationDiningOutOftenDined on 9/30/2013You can't beat the location for the ocean view! Hearing the waves break on the sand while dining is the quintessential Laguna Beach experience. Delicious food, nice sunset specials, fun wine list. Needs a bit of air conditioning inside due to fierce sunshine in the late afternoon. Highly recommend balcony dining if you can stand the direct sunlight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, but the meal was so-solovinglagunaDined on 9/28/2013I have been coming to the Beach House for a few years, and I'm afraid the place is starting to show its age. Its a beautiful location, but its time for them to spruce up the place a bit. My linguini was good, but my wife's Mahi Mahi was bland and a real disappointment. I think the chef tried too hard to make the dish a bit more "exotic"?Special Features:
- DisappointedCfood4meDined on 9/28/2013I took my wife here for her birthday along with family. My wife and I used to go to The Beach House in Dana Point, which closed. This was our first, and last, visit to the Laguna Beach location. Food ranged from adequate to good. The primary reason for our discontent was the server. She was not rude in any way, just indifferent. She didn't smile the whole time, never expressed any enthusiasm, never made any recommendations, answered questions with one word. When asked for a to-go box we received a thin box which the food soaked through. She seemed confused and put out when we asked for some foil or a stronger box. After no offer of dessert or coffee, we got our check and left. Not the Beach House we knew and loved.Special Features:
- We were there on a WednesdayHicksterDined on 9/25/2013We were there on a Wednesday and it was quiet. Hostess was not real friendly buit the server was fantastic. His name was Carlo & he was very knowledgeable. Enjoyed our experience! The view of the ocean is stunning!Special Features:
- Very enjoyable...ApotheosisDined on 9/24/2013Starting with the valet service, this is a very enjoyable place to go for a romantic evening with a person you care for. Expect to wait a few minutes for a table even if you're right on time with your reservation and even during the week. But the hostesses are very kind and courteous, the servers are excellent, the special drinks are terrific and the ocean view is always a pleasure to enjoy. I have never had a bad or even only mediocre experience here - ever. That's why I always return whenever I'm meeting someone in Huntington beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely spot right on the water.GracieDined on 9/24/2013Lovely spot right on the water. Beautiful breezes but not enough windows that are able to open to take advantage. It was warm day when we were there and had we not been sitting right next to the open door, it would have been stifling hot on the covered patio. Would suggest an awning to cover the outside area so diners can take advantage of the lovely outside dining area. It was just plain old TOO HOT in the direct sun out there, but an awning or mesh cover would protect that area and still allow a magnificient view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The foodKarenDined on 9/23/2013There were three of us, two ordered the halibut and one ordered the New York steak. I was disappointed a dinner salad wasn't offered, so I ordered the clam chowder. It was good, not great. Our server apologized that our order took so long. When our entrees arrived the steak dinner looked and tasted great. The halibut was of good size but tasteless. The yellow sauce was tasteless. The small potatoes were rocks, and not from undercooking, rather from being done for a long while. We could barely cut them in half. The chorizo was in very small bites and cold. The clams were tiny. For $30+, we expected more. This is our "go to" restaurant for casual special occasions. This time we were not happy with anything besides our nice server.Special Features:
- the view keeps people coming backDeannaVIPDined on 9/22/2013it's definitely the view that keeps people coming back. The food is okay, and the service is below average but the view is breath-taking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning ViewCarolineDined on 9/20/2013I like to take my out of town guests to the Beach House. The food is always good and has a little something for everyone. It is my favorite place for lunch with the ladies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!BandMvacaDined on 9/18/2013Wonderful service, great food! We sat on the balcony and had a wonderful view of the sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was great as usual. PleaseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2013Was great as usual. Please dont close! Please please pleas dont close!Special Features:
- scenic brunchbayview19Dined on 9/15/2013I took my sister here for a birthday brunch and we loved it! The outdoor view was spectacular, the food was tasty, and the champagne kept flowing! Thanks to the Beach House for a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place has it all!!!LynieRVIPDined on 9/15/2013Have eaten here twice and have loved it both times. The chopped salad is the best I have ever had. On my second visit, I had an omelette which was yummy (not over cooked eggs), my husband had the king crab and ahi salad and loved it. Can't beat the view and ambience of the location. Both times, the service was great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The view was breath takingHoopmanDined on 9/14/2013The view was breath taking at sunset..ambiance was awesome and people very friendly. Sad to hear they are closing the door on Oct. 6, 2013..Just discovered this place and already I and my fiance' will miss it!Special Features:
- Horrible servicekellieDined on 9/14/2013I went to this restaurant for a nice dinner on the beach- I made reservations 2 weeks in advance. We were sat way in the back with no ocean view and the service was horrible. We were greeted once to see what we wanted to drink…I started with water planning on ordering a drink. The next time we saw the server was to order and then never again until it was time to pay (another employee brought our food) I would not recommend this to anyone, I would expect better service especially since I paid $49.00 for crab legs…
- Old Gem not what it used to be!JLCreviewDined on 9/11/2013The food was still good, but there were amenities missing from the past. Seemed like it was under new management. Staff was not friendly and attentive as before. Busboy was sloppy and rude. Had to ask to clear dishes. Refilled water only when asked and poured over food and phones and everything carelessly. No ice in the water and tasted like tap and soapy glasses, with film floating on water. No complimentary bread any longer. Ordered the jumbo prawn cocktails, shrimp weren't cleaned well and was shorted one shrimp each. The server was very embarrassed and corrected the situation immediately. Her reaction seemed as though she knows they are skimping on stuff. The deck railing is in disrepair. Greet staff was not friendly.Special Features:
- Always one of my favoriteBarbDined on 9/3/2013Always one of my favorite places. This was the first time I used Open able and will definitely use it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as last timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/1/2013We dined at the Beach House about 4 months ago and had a great meal. All in all, the experience was not as good this time. The service was very slow and the food quality was just mediocre. Perhaps it was an off night for the serving staff and cooks, but I don't know that we'll return again.Special Features:
- Brunch at the BeachCarolineDined on 8/31/2013Great location for a hot, summer day! Mimosa's and eggs....what could be better!Special Features:
- Whoops - they forgot Customers!Lov2eatwellDined on 8/30/2013We arrived on a Friday morning at 9 am with an Open Table reservation, but no one to welcome us and no one to mark our reservation completed, so no points! It took 10 minutes for anyone to show up to get us seated. Fortunately a table for 2 outside was available, and we received coffee in a reasonable amount of time. Service was good at the table, and of course the view of the beach and sea was fantastic. Our meals were well prepared, served at the right temperature and taste. On our way out we stopped to ask the hostess to check our reservation as complete, but waited at least five minutes for one to show up. She pretended to be concerned about our reservation points, but did not follow through. Nice place for an expensive breakfast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2013View was best part, however, you have to put up with people constantly hopping around to take pictures of the sunset. Service was good to start but deteriorated as the meal wore on & the restaurant got busier. One of liked the lobster appetizer but the others did not. Chopped salad tasted like salami they used was going bad and we wished their had been a touch more lettuce. Lobster thermidor was very bland as was white fish. Have heard it is better to eat in bar as menu is different but then you miss the view.Special Features:
- A StapleABAERSTDined on 8/27/2013The Beach House is a perennial. It's been a fixture for a long time. The deck has a killer ocean view. The inside is a little weathered and has seen better days. Beach weather can be a bit fickle. Too cold, bring a jacket; too warm, bring some sunscreen. My wife and I happened to eat here on a very warm afternoon in August timed for the lowering, but not setting, sun. Okay, I admit, our time choice and date choice had something to do with our experience. We were seated just inside from the coveted deck and it was HOT. By the end of the meal I just wanted to get out of there because I was sweaty and really uncomfortable. I did get a really good pork chop on the Sunset Special menu. Big. Enough for two modest diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- classic Laguna Beachgjr5Dined on 8/25/2013The Beach House is a converted old home right on the beach. Too bad you can't reserve a patio or window table when you make a reservation! The best seats are tables-for-two that ring the outside balcony--couples should check sunset time and be willing to wait for one of those tables. We were with a party of four, so we were wedged into a crowded indoor-outdoor room that was hot and stuffy until they finally pulled back the awning/roof. (I was disappointed that, despite telling when I made the reservation and again when we arrived that this was a birthday celebration, nothing special was done.) Clam chowder was good, crabcake a bit dry, steak and lobster tail just right. Desserts were ok but the tiramisu was disappointing.Special Features:
- WonderfulBaluvdbDined on 8/24/2013Very romantic setting and excellent food. Love view of the beach while dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous ocean view, but......Sweettreat2Dined on 8/24/2013I love the Beach House, have been going for over 30 years...Despite getting a gem of a table (out on the deck), the Seafood Salad was mediocre and the lack of bread during the lunch hour is a real oversight. Wine was okay. Waiter was fair, somewhat disheveled and not that attentive. I brought a friend from out of town and while she loved the view, was disappointed with the overall dining experience.Special Features:
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2013This was one of our favorite spots in laguna beach because it's easy to get to and the noise level is low. Unfortunately the service was very poor the friday night that we were there. Messed up the cocktail order, forgot our salad and generally seemed indifferent to our presence! Too bad. Things seem to be changing in the laguna beach area. We're going to try santa barbara next timeSpecial Features:
- Decor a bit tired, but food is goodcarolyntDined on 8/22/2013This landmark restaurant has been there for decades and has a loyal clientele. Thank goodness for valet parking but might be hard to find if you don't have a GPS. Hostess forgot about us, so we sat waiting for 15-20 minutes, until we approached the podium a 2nd time. Very noisy (my husband wears hearing aids, so he could not hear any conversation the entire evening). Wait staff was good, if a little forgetful - had to ask for bread and butter twice. Our meal was very good. I'd just say that the place needs a facelift - still looks like the 1950's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too little space in betweenOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/22/2013Too little space in between tables. Conversations can be heard so you'll have to talk lower.Special Features:
- Food was mediocre. ServerSunshineDined on 8/20/2013Food was mediocre. Server was courteous and attentive. View of sunset superb. Restaurant seems a little "tired".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible service - food was ok.LittleLeoDined on 8/20/2013Beautiful view- wear sunglasses. Otherwise I would not reccomend that anyone go. The service was slow and the waiter forgot our appitizer. He acted like it was no big deal and just would make sure it wasn't on our bill. Others left due to slow service....save your money, many other great restraunats in the area.
- Charming romantic ocean frontJbiirrdDined on 8/17/2013My wife and I went there for our anniversary. The food was good but the portions were a lil small. My wife had the lobster tail and I had the surf and turf kabob. Both dishes tasted great. The ambience was great and the hostess and server were attentive. They have a great drink and wine list. My wife had a mojito which was really good. I had a glass of wine (reeser) which the server recommended. Overall the experience was really good and I expect to come Back sometime...Special Features:
- Not a happy camperDisappointedDined on 8/17/2013We made reservations a long time ago. However, we waited over an hour and a half to be seated. Valet parking was full so we had to find parking. The hostesses were not very polite. This was our second time dining here. The first time was excellent. This second time was very disappointing. Don't bother going on the weekend during the summer.Special Features:
- Shocked to see people withOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/17/2013Shocked to see people with a later reservations seated before we were (hostess team could use a little charm school)--- and service was VERY slow. However, the waitress was wonderful and the food was great.Special Features:
- DisappointedluvlagunaDined on 8/16/2013The view of the ocean was spectacular! The service was excellent. The food...not good. I ordered an omelet that sounded delicious but the crab tasted canned and old and the omelet had been cooked in a bed of butter. It did not have much flavor in spite of all the promised layers of flavor. In short, my friend and I will not return to the Beach House to dine.
- Can't Beat the Beach HouseDoggiemommieDined on 8/12/2013If you're looking for beachside dining, this is your place. Its a converted beach house with sophisticated dining and an air of casualness. My friend and I both had the "Sunset Special" Salmon dish. It was superb! We also had the Lobster Bisque which was creamy and delicious. We split a Caesar Salad beforehand, a delicious salad with a great tangy dressing on it. The service was wonderful and the view of the ocean, you're right there, divine. I was reminded again while this is one of my all time favorite restaurants. You not only get a great view with atmosphere right at the beach, you get a great meal with excellent service. The Sunset Specials served between 4:30 and 6:00 pm are a great deal too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great view,must try the blackenedcatnipVIPDined on 8/12/2013great view,must try the blackened pork on the sunset specials,this chop is huge,also the sand dabs.service has always been very good.been there many times,never disapointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SosoHomerDined on 8/12/2013Always been very special. This time I had the halibut and it was like eating newsprint, I would not recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch with a beautiful view!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2013I have eaten at "The Beach House" a few times, this was my Sister, niece and Mom's first time...They loved it!! We live in El Segundo, so the drive is kind-of far..but, since it was my sister's birthday, I wanted to venture out of our comfort zone area.....of course traffic was crazy, with all the stuff going on in Laguna...but, we really had a good time...I think the highlight was the "Samores" for dessert!!! clever idea!! Thanks again, we'll return after summer vacationers go home!!Special Features:
- This restaurant has a lovelysandyBDined on 8/7/2013This restaurant has a lovely view of the ocean right over the waves and sitting out on the deck is delightful. Don't go there for the quality of the food though, which was not good besides being served cold and the lobster tail was the smallest I've ever been served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.