Beach Club Grill
9853 Johnnycake Ridge Rd
Concord, OH 44060Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
Beach Club Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bcgrill.net/
- Phone: 4403500088
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Friday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Nicole Vondrasek
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Any menu item or custom menus can be created by the executive Chef.
- Private Party Facilities: Dining Room is available for private parties of up to 70 guests. Warm and inviting atmosphere featuring works of local artists.
- Private Party Contact: Mike Jurcicin 2163674172
A word from Beach Club Grill
Eclectic bistro located in downtown Concord offering the largest 375ml bottle wine list in the Cleveland restaurant scene. Specializing in fresh fish, innovative pizzas, grilled meats, & pastas. We offer weekend diner specials as well. Large micro-brew & import beer list. Separate smoking & non-smoking patio areas. Beautiful, secluded patio available weather permitting. Whether you are looking for a place to celebrate your special occasion or just want a casual, leisurely meal, the Beach Club Grill is the place to be.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Beach Club Grill - Best Restaurants in Concord ›
Beach Club Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (10)neighborhood gem (9)fit for foodies (7)good for groups (7)special occasion (5)great for lunch (4)hot spot (2)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)romantic (1)Show More
- ACESluvmusicDined on 9/12/2014I came to this place for the first time with a group of four. The patio and patio bar was very nice and I would have loved to sit out there but it was to chilly. So inside my friends was waiting for us at the perfect table that I had reserved. They had ordered artichoke hearts that were absolutely wonderful for my first time having them. Then I had the Slow Poke Sandwich, which is pulled pork with slaw and fried onion strips. The sandwich was so big I had to eat it with a knife and fork and it was to die for. There was also entertainment. A 2 piece band called 2 Aces and they were so good they sound like a whole band was playing. The service was fast, friendly and courteous. All in all a great dinning experience. Will recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014Ordered a wedge salad that came out with unedible foreign matter (wadded up paper). The Manager was apologetic and took the cost off, but somone in the kitchen was not up to par.
- Pleasantly surprised!WillDined on 8/24/2014The Beach Club Grill is located in a nondescript plaza. From the outside, I expected mediocrecy. As the saying goes, don't judge a book by its' cover. The food was very good, and served hot. Our server, Marissa was very pleasant and courteous. Their outdoor patio deck was quaint. We truly enjoyed our dining experience!Special Features:
- Noisy & wacky decorDavisVIPDined on 8/2/2014Food was fine, nothing to write home about. Extremely noisy, had guy singing and was too loud to carry on conversation. Decor was wacky, borderline tacky.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014Huge portions of great food. Beautiful outdoor patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 92 reviews are from the Beach Club Grill reviews archive.
- Hidden GembetterthanmecookingDined on 6/14/2014This place is a great casual stop for wonderful food and service! Definitely give it a try! We love going to this restaurant and will definitely be back!Special Features:
- KarbarKarbarDined on 5/31/2014Food was mediocre at best. Service was very poor and it was just under 2 hours before we received our dinner. The wine list was very good and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining room wasn't openFoodieDined on 5/11/2014We showed up at our reservation time for Mother's Day lunch and was told that they weren't serving until 4 (reservations were for 2:30). It would have been nice to know that before I made reservations. My parents and I drove 20 minutes only to be told kitchen wasn't opened. This was my 2nd visit to this restaurant and both times were negative experiences.
- We started off with a cocktailRecorderDined on 5/13/2011We started off with a cocktail that was exceptional. We had been to the Beach Club Bistro in Euclid where the food, service and ambiance was excellent. The Beach Club Grill does not compare well with the Bistro in any area. While the food was ok, we were disappointed because we expected more.
- Great Mothers Day ExperienceJeffGDined on 5/8/2011We've been there before for dinner, which has always been excellent, but this most recent trip was for a Mothers Day brunch. For a smaller restaurant, they did a very nice job - the crowd was not overwhelming, and the mix of food options was just right to meet our needs. As a neighborhood favorite, it was nice not to have to drag ourselves way out of town on a Sunday morning; rather we relied on one of the best offerings in the Lake County area and had a very nice holiday celebration.Special Features:
- very good neighborhood grille exceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/1/2011very good neighborhood grille excellent salad, pizza and canoliesSpecial Features:
- Didn't leave a lasting impression.CPachDined on 3/19/2011I don't have anything really bad to say but I don't have anything great to say either. Located in a dumpy, rundown plaza, you would barely know it was there. Service was good, staff is friendly and responsive. Food was just okay, the house Chardonnay tasted like it had been open and left in the fridge for months. I ordered rare Ahi Tuna and it was tough, which tells me it wasn't a very good grade of tuna. It seems like a casual local joint trying to be fancy. It doesn't work and that shows in the food and wine.
- Food was wonderful, especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/12/2011Food was wonderful, especially the Shorehaven shrimp and crab dip. Lobster mac & cheese was yummy but I thought there would be chunks of lobster in it. Limoncello cake was divine. Noise level in a booth by the bar was okay until the band started playing at 8pm. We could not hear each other talking at all over the music. 9 pm would be a better start time for the band. Our waiter was friendly and knowledgable but service was a bit slow. Overall a very nice experience. We live close by and have been to the Beach Club Grill before and we've never been disappointed. Love the outdoor dining in the summer and we are looking forward to it again soon.Special Features:
- The exterior of this stripMmmGoodDined on 3/12/2011The exterior of this strip mall location doesn't look like much but the interior is cozy and clean and the food is exceptional. Dinner at Dusk menu (4-6p) is a fantastic deal at $9.99. First course salad was fresh and tasty. As was the second course burger. Another option was pizza - the best I've tasted locally. As was the third course cannoli.Special Features:
- As usual, the whole diningConcordFranVIPDined on 3/12/2011As usual, the whole dining experience was a pleasure.Special Features:
- This place really stands outOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/19/2011This place really stands out in the Mentor/Concord area. Truly a neighborhood gem!Special Features:
- They were out of 2 of theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/12/2011They were out of 2 of the menu items I wanted. The burger was less than fair, and the mashed potatoes looked like they had been sitting out for a few days.Special Features:
- The advertised 8 oz. steakOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/11/2011The advertised 8 oz. steak sandwich was nowhere near that amount. It appeared to be slices of pot roast presented in an unimaginative fashion. The Szechuan beans were highly spicy and greasy. There is so much that can be done with this place. It was off to such a great start. The food needs to improve immensely. More attention to that menu - make it creative and worth the prices. About the only way we'd return is if we were going to order pizza. Everything else there over our past few visits has been disappointing. Hope owners can work this out.
- My husband's steak was overcookedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/21/2011My husband's steak was overcooked - definitely not medium. But it had good flavor and he ate it all, plus the beans and potatoes! My Mediterranean Salad did not have the traditional dressing, just Balsamic glaze, which I love, but not as an entire salad dressing. Overall, the food was mediocre, the beverages were delicious, and we will probably go back to try it again, due to convenience.Special Features:
- This was our 2nd time hereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/21/2011This was our 2nd time here and it's now at the top of our favorites list. The menu is interesting and varied, the food is fantastic, and the service was awesome. It was a bit noisy and we might request the smaller room for our next visit when we make reservations. By the way, making reservations online was AWESOME!! We'll be recommending Beach Club Grill to all of our friends and family!Special Features:
- The entire experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/30/2010The entire experience was fabulous, I can't wait to visit again. A unique restaurant in the Mentor/Comcord area.Special Features:
- Food was very good. Not fancy.JudyDined on 12/11/2010Food was very good. Not fancy. There was a live band there that added additional entertainment for the evening. Will be going back.Special Features:
- First time there. From theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/20/2010First time there. From the outside, we were skeptic. But once we were inside...WOW! Wouild have no idea this place was there unless someone had recommended it to us. Went for wifes birthday. She is a vegetarian, myslef a carnivore (dedicated!). We both had MANY options on the menu for our palettes.Special Features:
- Very good place to find inVchandran1984VIPDined on 11/19/2010Very good place to find in a shopping plaza. I thought it would not be as nice based on the outside, but the inside is gorgeous with the kitchen window, and the decor. I will definitely come back for food here, the service was very good as well.Special Features:
- Fabulous food, ambiance, andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/2/2010Fabulous food, ambiance, and service. Would HIGHLY recommend this for everyone......Special Features:
- The Beach club has great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/22/2010The Beach club has great food and selections of wine and craft beers (although pricey). The live music is usually targeted towards 40+ age groups and that is the crowd you will find there too. I am 27 and almost felt out of place...ended up leaving because the music was so oldies...Special Features:
- Terrific. Great spot. We'veIrishKayDined on 10/17/2010Terrific. Great spot. We've been to Beach Club Bistro a number of times, so we had to try Beach Club Grill when we were in the Mentor area. Very nice folks, great menu, excellent food value. But we had a great time, with warm and friendly, accommodating service. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Food was excellent and plentiful.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/3/2010Food was excellent and plentiful. Service was great as usual.Special Features:
- Great band the night we went.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/17/2010Great band the night we went. Pizza good but, crust too well done. Food mediocre. Don't order the wings!Special Features:
- We love the selection of pizzas!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2010We love the selection of pizzas! One day we need to go and try something other than pizza but we love trying the different kinds of pizza.Special Features:
- I can see this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/4/2010I can see this restaurant becoming a favorite of ours. We thoroughly enjoyed the restaurant, our meal, the service and ambiance! What a treat to find a fun, different restaurant that takes pride in it's service and cuisine!Special Features:
- Concord's best-kept diningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/3/2010Concord's best-kept dining secret! Service plus great food adds up to tremendous experience. Don't let the facade fool you - go in and enjoy.Special Features:
- Don't expect to have a conversationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/13/2010Don't expect to have a conversation over dinner in the bar area when they have music. Music starts at 8:00...eat before that or ask to be seated in the adjoining room.
- One of my favorite diningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/6/2010One of my favorite dining choices. Always consistent food, drinks and service. The inside decor is soothing and relaxing and the outdoor bar and patio, roomy, open and fun. The on-line reservation option is very convenient.Special Features:
- We enjoyed the dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2010We enjoyed the dining experience and our meal. We ate on the patio and it was a very warm and sunny beautiful evening.Special Features:
- Unbearably hot inside - a/cOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/15/2010Unbearably hot inside - a/c was not working - not the first time this has happened.
- Food is always good. TheyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/10/2010Food is always good. They had recently changed their menu, not impressed with the selection. Not enough entree choices. Pizza is always fablous and their peanut butter pie is a definite must!Special Features:
- I had a wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/9/2010I had a wonderful experience at the Beach Club Grill. We were able to get a reservation for a larger group on a short notice and even though part of our group (not me!) was pretty late...the server and the rest of the staff were fantastic! I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. Great food, service and location is really good for more eastern Lake County. The band was really great, we even got to dance a little. Thanks to all that helped, we all had a good time.Special Features:
- Here's the thing, I've ateOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/2/2010Here's the thing, I've ate at both club's for years now and there great food is what keeps me coming back not the service. The pizza is one of the best I've ever had and I still try to find another place better but falling short on other places I keep coming back. If one thing is consistent is the service is pretty bad. Not very quick, forgetful, food is slow to come out, drinks are slow even when sitting near the bar and having the bartender wait on you. We went there on Friday night and our friend's got there drinks before a ice tea could be come out for my wife and I. Please, something tells me it takes longer to make a Cosmo then a ice tea, It's tea with ice in it. Come On Beach club get it together.
- The food was great and soOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/20/2010The food was great and so was the service. The chef has come up with some delicious deserts.Special Features: