Beach Chalet Brewery & Restaurant
1000 Great Hwy.
San Francisco, CA 94121Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Beach Chalet Brewery & Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.beachchalet.com/
- Phone: 4153868439
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 9:00am - 11:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 8:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Bar: Daily: 9:00am +; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Chris Fissel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Beach Chalet Brewery & Restaurant can accommodate parties of 20-85 people on a seasonal basis and up to 200 people for an exclusive appetizer reception or 188 people for an exclusive seated meal. · All exclusive events which require us to close The Beach Chalet Brewery and Restaurant require
- Private Party Contact: Maia Wanlass 5106538282
- Entertainment: Jazz: Tuesdays, Blues: Fridays Check out our website and click the "Events and Music" tab for a full listing.
- Special Events: Contact our special events department at 415-753-5260 or email email@example.com to book a special event at the Beach Chalet. We're well suited for casual gatherings as well as formal dinners. Contact us and we will customize an event to fit your needs. More information here: http://www.beachchalet.com/privatedining.
- Cross Street: Lincoln & Fulton Sts.
- Public Transit: The 5 Fulton stops at La Playa/Ocean Beach, just a few feet down the road, at the end of its line. The N Judah comes close at the end of its line and one can either walk or catch the 18 Bus that stops right in front of the restaurant.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: The Beach Chalet offers free parking.
A word from Beach Chalet Brewery & Restaurant
The Beach Chalet Brewery and Restaurant is located in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park where the park meets the Pacific Ocean. They feature a spectacular ocean view, hand crafted beer, full bar and convenient free parking. They serve a modern American menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. Try their 3-6-9 Happy Hour Monday to Friday 3pm to 6pm and 9pm to close they serve a menu of drinks and appetizers that are $3, $6 or $9 for you to enjoy. Other specials include: Prime Rib on Monday nights and Brunch a la Carte Saturdays and Sundays 8am to 2pm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Beach Chalet Brewery & Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Sunset District ›
Beach Chalet Brewery & Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
138 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (120)great for lunch (56)special occasion (45)romantic (37)great for brunch (33)good for groups (31)neighborhood gem (29)kid-friendly (25)fit for foodies (18)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (9)great for outdoor dining (9)late-night find (6)notable wine list (4)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2014Been to the Chalet like four times but we didnt like our waiter he was to bossy!Special Features:
- Great for visitors!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/19/2014They have the best callimari! My pasta dish was swimming in the pesto sauce. It was very tasty but did not need the extra helping of pesto, plus, no bread to sop it up! The view was grand - we watched the sunset over a fog-less sky. We've been here several times, for lunch and dinner. The building is historic with the beautiful murals depicting California's history.Special Features:
- get a view for sunset.mabesfVIPDined on 10/19/2014this place is perfect for a relaxed Sunday. I celebrated my birthday with a small group of friends. we migrated from the beach to the restaurant - seated around 5:45 for a 6:25pm sunset. we had the window view in the center of the restaurant and it was beautiful. food and service are also good there. you get some personality in the servers and come 7pm the place is bustling. the service is a bit slow but that's just because it is a busy place. the food was surprisingly good- tuna Niçoise salad and the short ribs were fantastic. get the beer sampler. the mini steins are adorable and you get 8 of them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Foodgoodcompany2dinewithDined on 10/18/2014The server recommended the Salmon with Sausage stuffed with crab, and horseradish mashed potatoes. This was one of the best choices on the menu. I can't rave about it enough. Definitely worth the trip from downtown SF, where we were staying. p.s. Ask for a window seat. The view is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun timeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/17/2014I always enjoy the Beach Chalet; excellent place to meet up with friends. Food was great, watched the sun set, enjoyed the general ambiance. Only issue I had, was the after work party of 20 people near by; very loud and had to almost yell to be heard. Oh well...:) Still a great place.Special Features:
- Great viewslivelifeDined on 10/14/2014Great service, great food and great views!! My husband enjoyed their micro brews. If using a cab don't use yellow cab. They take forever use Desoto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our PlaceNeekVIPDined on 10/9/2014Always wonderful. Special thanks to Shannon for outstanding service and a great time.Special Features:
- Great Sunset ViewqxkwyDined on 10/5/2014I came primarily for the sunset view which did not disappoint though the noise was louder than I had liked for the occasion. Three different beers I had were also good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bread was hardLuv2dineDined on 10/4/2014Everything was satisfactory. The bread was hard and cold though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014The food is good but overpriced. Wait staff never once refilled our water or asked how we were doing until we were ready for the check, so bf started drinking my water in the middle of the dinner. The $10 margarita should be at the very most $6.Special Features:
- First timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014We went here for dinner after a Doctors appointment in the city and wanted to wait for commute traffic to thin. What a great choice. Dinner was excellent ant the view of the ocean was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food so-so, service and view great!pioneergirlDined on 9/16/2014This is a great place to take a friend visiting from out of town who wants to see a terrific view, which is why I recently came here. The parking is free, the place is easy to find, service was very good and the view amazing. The food is nothing to write home about. Recently I had the fish and chips. The fries were fine but the fish was subpar (greasy and overdone). The coleslaw that came with it was as bland as possible with an oily dressing that had no hint of vinegar or citrus. It was like cabbage with oil and salt on it. Inedible. The tartar sauce was good, though. On another occasion, I ordered the crab cake. It is basically lump crab that is breaded and fried. The cake is bland and has no character. Come for the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Made res online easily but could not change to increase our party. Online menu didn't match on site menu, Enjoyed view very much. Birthday celebration mentioned however unacknowledged by staff .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view, but food not great.LGDinerDined on 9/14/2014Brought an out of state visitor to this restaurant because of the amazing view. However, we were disappointed with the food, and the restaurant was too loud for our group to have a decent conversation. I will not return.Special Features:
- Great at SunsetViewsDined on 9/13/2014I've been here many times, always at sunset, and have found the food average but the view is always fabulous, even if it's rainy or foggy. One of my favorite places to take out-of-town guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view great food great beerDenisVIPDined on 9/13/2014This is a solid restaurant. We were a group of 6 and we had an outstanding view of the Pacific ocean. The food was overall very good but the fish & chip was disappointing. The dessert were great. The wine list is limited but this is compensated by the great beers brewed on-site. If you go for the taste sampler, be prepared for a lot of beer. Really good. We will most likely go back.Special Features:
- Scenic ocean viewGloriaDined on 9/12/2014The location is five-star but the food is mediocre and service is spotty. We were not rushed. Menu has changed. Poor acoustics....annoyingly noisy. But will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerNeekVIPDined on 9/11/2014Thank you for being wonderful! We pop in every time we feel romantic and everything is always very good. We love your food and your wait staff. Thanks again!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/10/2014The service was wonderful. I was sat before my reservation time. I had never eaten upstairs before but I would say the food downstairs is much better. I had the seafood linguine and it was awful and cold.Special Features:
- chicasVIPDined on 9/8/2014Our server was very nice and polite but the service was horrible. She was slow, other people kept bringing our food, would forget things we asked for and even getting dessert was bad...when it came to paying the bill we all gave cash except 1 credit card and she ended up charging the entire bill on that credit card instead of the set amount i told her...
- Too hot and Portions are Too SmallBirthdayDisappointmentDined on 9/7/2014The restaurant really needs air conditioning. It faces the beach and it gets quite hot in the middle of the afternoon. In addition, the bread that was served was old and hard and the portions of the entrees were way too small. The vegetables below the fish didn't hide its small size.
- very badAcme2Dined on 9/3/2014Bad experience We ordered a burger w Swiss cheese and a pasta ... the waiter forgot to order the pasta the burger came half hour before no cheese... My girlfriend's order was NOT ready how could they expect for me to eat alone then leave her to do the same when we went out to eat dinner together. I sent my burger back so they could serve the 2 dinner together as they should have in the first place . the girl put my burger under the light.... Guess what "the light burned the lettuce and the tomatoes" . The pasta came hot great 30 min late and my burger come back cold and over cooked still no cheese and burned lettuce and cooked tomatoes... MacDonald's can do better and cheaper. A $15.00 a burger really not Worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Restaurant -A+ Bar down stairs - FGCS1VIPDined on 9/1/2014I gave an outstanding review because the Beach Chalet and bar UPSTAIRS was absolutely excellent in every way, however we arrived early & proceeded to the bar down stairs for the worst service ever! The bar tenders completely ingor you and when they do finally take your order they act like they are doing you a favor. I wil never go to the bar down stairs again!. Now for the review of the upstairs bar and restaurant. Everything was spot on. The bar tenders were so accomodating and even made suggestions for great drink options. The hostess staff was awesome (especailly the girl with the english accent). Food was amazing and our waiter tended to our every need. We had guests in from London and they LOVED it. Thank you Beach Chalet!Special Features:
- A Mixed BagOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/1/2014My dining companion & I both ordered the BB-Q pulled pork sandwich. The pork was fine, but there was hardly any sauce. This was definitely not BB-Q. The smoked salmon gallete was good, but it was on toast. It was not, my companion pointed out, a gallete. As I said, it was tasty, though. The root beer did not have much flavor; I was disappointed. My companion, however, liked it.Special Features:
- Great dinner with a viewSara11Dined on 8/30/2014My parents were in town and I took them here for dinner. What an amazing view of the sunset and fabulous food and service. Definitely will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful Dining Venueliv2dineVIPDined on 8/29/2014As local diners living in Outer Sunset/Ocean Beach area, choices are slim for late evening dining venues with nice ambiance, quality & fresh food, full bar and professional, attentive service. This was our 3rd time dining at Beach Chalet late on Friday evening. Our appetizer (smoked salmon with potato pancakes), fresh & tasty mushroom soup, main entrees (special corvina sea bass & bacon wrapped pork chop) were all consistently delicious. My significant other enjoyed his tasty draft beer and I savored my aromatic Svedka lemon-infused vodka. Highlight of dinner was our server, who was courteous, attentive and paced our meal well - no rushing, despite the late hour! Thanks, Beach Chalet!Special Features:
- Great for touristOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/25/2014While there are few places that could compare with the view, the food was not quite up to snuff and the service was way to rushed. We shared a pear salad and were shocked to be served canned pears on the salad.This is San Francisco after all. I would rather have something seasonal. Most of the meal was very nice. Yet we were served our entrees before we were finished with our salad. The building is spectacular and I would go just for the view, but maybe go for drinks.Special Features:
- good but not greatdormarxDined on 8/25/2014The Prime Rib was just not up to snuff this time. The previous 2 were far better. As I told the waiter,, "it must have been an old cow."Special Features:
- Amazing meal!HobbesDined on 8/24/2014I just went to the beach chalet for my 6 month anniversary with my girlfriend as it was recommended to me by a friend. I went because of a whim, but was happily surprised! The service was excellent, the food was to DIE for, and the view of ocean beach as the sun was setting was priceless! speaking of prices, it was a tad expensive, so i recommend going if you have the budget for it, or just want to have a really special evening :DSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely viewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2014It was lovely for a Sunday, good friends and a good view :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go Giants!RudolphVIPDined on 8/15/2014Great place to watch a game or two. Love the night time happy hour at 9pm. We finished with Academy of Sciences night and live nearby, so we popped in for some chowder, calamari, salad, and cocktails. It's also a great place to bring out-of-town friends and family. There was nothing here when I grew up, I'd play hide & seek from the windmills to here, good times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Table was readied a little early for us. And at the window as I requested. We were allowed to relax without being hassled by our waiter. However he was alert to our needs and responded quickly. We were able to have a leisurely meal and visit.Special Features:
- Brunch by BeachtravelwellDined on 8/12/2014Good spot for lunch and showing visitors from out of town the view of the Pacific/Ocean Beach. Food was good, service was slow and uneven. Prices are tourist trade rates (a bit high for what you get). Nice place to chat and admire the view, though the noise level was a bit loud in the restaurant, even though it was mid week and the room was half empty. I understand it gets very busy and loud on summer weekends. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would totally suck if no viewFoodnclothesDined on 8/8/2014The food is much improved since I are here 15yrs ago. Too bad the service was really really slow. Worth it on a clear night to watch the sunset.Special Features:
- good beer, food unspectacular, loudyummyDined on 8/8/2014I like the beer and the great view. But it goes downhill quickly from there. We arrived 5 minutes early for a reservation, and had to wait 20 minutes for our table. The screen was blocking the view so the waiter had to get on a chair and roll it up himself, which to his credit, he enthusiastically did for us. The menu said "bread available upon request". It took 3 requests, and we didn't get bread until we were almost done with our entree. I was underwhelmed with the food (fried calamari, salade nicoise and crab louie). And the table next to us was so noisy we couldn't hear each other. I would go back for a drink and the view on a weekday afternoon to avoid the crowds and have a full meal elsewhere.Special Features:
- Celebration End of SummerendosummerDined on 8/7/2014We enjoyed our time together at a window seat. I enjoyed my Waldorf salad sandwich! And my friends enjoyed their lunch too! the lemonade was delicious and fun as they mixed it at our table with fresh berries! We left happy and satisfied!Special Features:
- Excellent foodMauraDined on 8/3/2014The view is spectacular: the ocean. The food was delicious as usual. The service was fair, but usually it is very good.Special Features:
- Check the WeatherPastaloverVIPDined on 8/3/2014The prices are hard to justify except for the view. The flatiron steak is good, but small, served under an avalanche of greens and fries. Service is (perhaps overly) attentive. Wine is overpriced. Desserts are very good. The restaurant is very noisy, making conversation difficult. So, if the beach is clear it's a great evening. If the fog is in, then you will overpay for what you get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Consideration to Elderly DinerBevinDined on 8/1/2014My reservation was cancelled within 15 minutes on my open table dining time . We were late due to parking on the handicapped spot and and waiting for the elevator to get up stairs. When I reported this situation, I never got a respond back from the restaurant. This is just a tourist spot, they do not have customer services in mind when serving local senior citizens.
- No bread availablesandyinSMDined on 7/30/2014Went on a Wednesday, they had no bread for the table, even though the menu says "fresh bread upon request". Kind of a bummer to have clam chowder without bread.Special Features: