Beach Chalet Brewery & Restaurant
1000 Great Hwy.
San Francisco, CA 94121Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Beach Chalet Brewery & Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.beachchalet.com/
- Phone: 4153868439
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 9:00am - 11:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 8:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Bar: Daily: 9:00am +; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Chris Fissel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Beach Chalet Brewery & Restaurant can accommodate parties of 20-85 people on a seasonal basis and up to 200 people for an exclusive appetizer reception or 188 people for an exclusive seated meal. · All exclusive events which require us to close The Beach Chalet Brewery and Restaurant require
- Private Party Contact: Maia Wanlass 5106538282
- Entertainment: Jazz: Tuesdays, Blues: Fridays Check out our website and click the "Events and Music" tab for a full listing.
- Special Events: Contact our special events department at 415-753-5260 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a special event at the Beach Chalet. We're well suited for casual gatherings as well as formal dinners. Contact us and we will customize an event to fit your needs. More information here: http://www.beachchalet.com/privatedining.
- Cross Street: Lincoln & Fulton Sts.
- Public Transit: The 5 Fulton stops at La Playa/Ocean Beach, just a few feet down the road, at the end of its line. The N Judah comes close at the end of its line and one can either walk or catch the 18 Bus that stops right in front of the restaurant.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: The Beach Chalet offers free parking.
A word from Beach Chalet Brewery & Restaurant
The Beach Chalet Brewery and Restaurant is located in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park where the park meets the Pacific Ocean. They feature a spectacular ocean view, hand crafted beer, full bar and convenient free parking. They serve a modern American menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. Try their 3-6-9 Happy Hour Monday to Friday 3pm to 6pm and 9pm to close they serve a menu of drinks and appetizers that are $3, $6 or $9 for you to enjoy. Other specials include: Prime Rib on Monday nights and Brunch a la Carte Saturdays and Sundays 8am to 2pm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Beach Chalet Brewery & Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Sunset District ›
Beach Chalet Brewery & Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
153 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (133)great for lunch (64)special occasion (48)good for groups (42)great for brunch (41)romantic (37)neighborhood gem (35)kid-friendly (32)fit for foodies (28)vibrant bar scene (12)hot spot (11)great for outdoor dining (10)late-night find (9)notable wine list (6)Show More
- First timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014We went here for dinner after a Doctors appointment in the city and wanted to wait for commute traffic to thin. What a great choice. Dinner was excellent ant the view of the ocean was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food so-so, service and view great!pioneergirlDined on 9/16/2014This is a great place to take a friend visiting from out of town who wants to see a terrific view, which is why I recently came here. The parking is free, the place is easy to find, service was very good and the view amazing. The food is nothing to write home about. Recently I had the fish and chips. The fries were fine but the fish was subpar (greasy and overdone). The coleslaw that came with it was as bland as possible with an oily dressing that had no hint of vinegar or citrus. It was like cabbage with oil and salt on it. Inedible. The tartar sauce was good, though. On another occasion, I ordered the crab cake. It is basically lump crab that is breaded and fried. The cake is bland and has no character. Come for the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Made res online easily but could not change to increase our party. Online menu didn't match on site menu, Enjoyed view very much. Birthday celebration mentioned however unacknowledged by staff .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view, but food not great.LGDinerDined on 9/14/2014Brought an out of state visitor to this restaurant because of the amazing view. However, we were disappointed with the food, and the restaurant was too loud for our group to have a decent conversation. I will not return.Special Features:
- Great at SunsetViewsDined on 9/13/2014I've been here many times, always at sunset, and have found the food average but the view is always fabulous, even if it's rainy or foggy. One of my favorite places to take out-of-town guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view great food great beerDenisVIPDined on 9/13/2014This is a solid restaurant. We were a group of 6 and we had an outstanding view of the Pacific ocean. The food was overall very good but the fish & chip was disappointing. The dessert were great. The wine list is limited but this is compensated by the great beers brewed on-site. If you go for the taste sampler, be prepared for a lot of beer. Really good. We will most likely go back.Special Features:
- Scenic ocean viewGloriaDined on 9/12/2014The location is five-star but the food is mediocre and service is spotty. We were not rushed. Menu has changed. Poor acoustics....annoyingly noisy. But will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerNeekVIPDined on 9/11/2014Thank you for being wonderful! We pop in every time we feel romantic and everything is always very good. We love your food and your wait staff. Thanks again!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/10/2014The service was wonderful. I was sat before my reservation time. I had never eaten upstairs before but I would say the food downstairs is much better. I had the seafood linguine and it was awful and cold.Special Features:
- chicasVIPDined on 9/8/2014Our server was very nice and polite but the service was horrible. She was slow, other people kept bringing our food, would forget things we asked for and even getting dessert was bad...when it came to paying the bill we all gave cash except 1 credit card and she ended up charging the entire bill on that credit card instead of the set amount i told her...
- Too hot and Portions are Too SmallBirthdayDisappointmentDined on 9/7/2014The restaurant really needs air conditioning. It faces the beach and it gets quite hot in the middle of the afternoon. In addition, the bread that was served was old and hard and the portions of the entrees were way too small. The vegetables below the fish didn't hide its small size.
- very badAcme2Dined on 9/3/2014Bad experience We ordered a burger w Swiss cheese and a pasta ... the waiter forgot to order the pasta the burger came half hour before no cheese... My girlfriend's order was NOT ready how could they expect for me to eat alone then leave her to do the same when we went out to eat dinner together. I sent my burger back so they could serve the 2 dinner together as they should have in the first place . the girl put my burger under the light.... Guess what "the light burned the lettuce and the tomatoes" . The pasta came hot great 30 min late and my burger come back cold and over cooked still no cheese and burned lettuce and cooked tomatoes... MacDonald's can do better and cheaper. A $15.00 a burger really not Worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Restaurant -A+ Bar down stairs - FGCS1VIPDined on 9/1/2014I gave an outstanding review because the Beach Chalet and bar UPSTAIRS was absolutely excellent in every way, however we arrived early & proceeded to the bar down stairs for the worst service ever! The bar tenders completely ingor you and when they do finally take your order they act like they are doing you a favor. I wil never go to the bar down stairs again!. Now for the review of the upstairs bar and restaurant. Everything was spot on. The bar tenders were so accomodating and even made suggestions for great drink options. The hostess staff was awesome (especailly the girl with the english accent). Food was amazing and our waiter tended to our every need. We had guests in from London and they LOVED it. Thank you Beach Chalet!Special Features:
- A Mixed BagOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/1/2014My dining companion & I both ordered the BB-Q pulled pork sandwich. The pork was fine, but there was hardly any sauce. This was definitely not BB-Q. The smoked salmon gallete was good, but it was on toast. It was not, my companion pointed out, a gallete. As I said, it was tasty, though. The root beer did not have much flavor; I was disappointed. My companion, however, liked it.Special Features:
- Great dinner with a viewSara11Dined on 8/30/2014My parents were in town and I took them here for dinner. What an amazing view of the sunset and fabulous food and service. Definitely will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful Dining Venueliv2dineVIPDined on 8/29/2014As local diners living in Outer Sunset/Ocean Beach area, choices are slim for late evening dining venues with nice ambiance, quality & fresh food, full bar and professional, attentive service. This was our 3rd time dining at Beach Chalet late on Friday evening. Our appetizer (smoked salmon with potato pancakes), fresh & tasty mushroom soup, main entrees (special corvina sea bass & bacon wrapped pork chop) were all consistently delicious. My significant other enjoyed his tasty draft beer and I savored my aromatic Svedka lemon-infused vodka. Highlight of dinner was our server, who was courteous, attentive and paced our meal well - no rushing, despite the late hour! Thanks, Beach Chalet!Special Features:
- Great for touristOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/25/2014While there are few places that could compare with the view, the food was not quite up to snuff and the service was way to rushed. We shared a pear salad and were shocked to be served canned pears on the salad.This is San Francisco after all. I would rather have something seasonal. Most of the meal was very nice. Yet we were served our entrees before we were finished with our salad. The building is spectacular and I would go just for the view, but maybe go for drinks.Special Features:
- good but not greatdormarxDined on 8/25/2014The Prime Rib was just not up to snuff this time. The previous 2 were far better. As I told the waiter,, "it must have been an old cow."Special Features:
- Amazing meal!HobbesDined on 8/24/2014I just went to the beach chalet for my 6 month anniversary with my girlfriend as it was recommended to me by a friend. I went because of a whim, but was happily surprised! The service was excellent, the food was to DIE for, and the view of ocean beach as the sun was setting was priceless! speaking of prices, it was a tad expensive, so i recommend going if you have the budget for it, or just want to have a really special evening :DSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely viewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2014It was lovely for a Sunday, good friends and a good view :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go Giants!RudolphVIPDined on 8/15/2014Great place to watch a game or two. Love the night time happy hour at 9pm. We finished with Academy of Sciences night and live nearby, so we popped in for some chowder, calamari, salad, and cocktails. It's also a great place to bring out-of-town friends and family. There was nothing here when I grew up, I'd play hide & seek from the windmills to here, good times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Table was readied a little early for us. And at the window as I requested. We were allowed to relax without being hassled by our waiter. However he was alert to our needs and responded quickly. We were able to have a leisurely meal and visit.Special Features:
- Brunch by BeachtravelwellDined on 8/12/2014Good spot for lunch and showing visitors from out of town the view of the Pacific/Ocean Beach. Food was good, service was slow and uneven. Prices are tourist trade rates (a bit high for what you get). Nice place to chat and admire the view, though the noise level was a bit loud in the restaurant, even though it was mid week and the room was half empty. I understand it gets very busy and loud on summer weekends. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would totally suck if no viewFoodnclothesDined on 8/8/2014The food is much improved since I are here 15yrs ago. Too bad the service was really really slow. Worth it on a clear night to watch the sunset.Special Features:
- good beer, food unspectacular, loudyummyDined on 8/8/2014I like the beer and the great view. But it goes downhill quickly from there. We arrived 5 minutes early for a reservation, and had to wait 20 minutes for our table. The screen was blocking the view so the waiter had to get on a chair and roll it up himself, which to his credit, he enthusiastically did for us. The menu said "bread available upon request". It took 3 requests, and we didn't get bread until we were almost done with our entree. I was underwhelmed with the food (fried calamari, salade nicoise and crab louie). And the table next to us was so noisy we couldn't hear each other. I would go back for a drink and the view on a weekday afternoon to avoid the crowds and have a full meal elsewhere.Special Features:
- Celebration End of SummerendosummerDined on 8/7/2014We enjoyed our time together at a window seat. I enjoyed my Waldorf salad sandwich! And my friends enjoyed their lunch too! the lemonade was delicious and fun as they mixed it at our table with fresh berries! We left happy and satisfied!Special Features:
- Excellent foodMauraDined on 8/3/2014The view is spectacular: the ocean. The food was delicious as usual. The service was fair, but usually it is very good.Special Features:
- Check the WeatherPastaloverVIPDined on 8/3/2014The prices are hard to justify except for the view. The flatiron steak is good, but small, served under an avalanche of greens and fries. Service is (perhaps overly) attentive. Wine is overpriced. Desserts are very good. The restaurant is very noisy, making conversation difficult. So, if the beach is clear it's a great evening. If the fog is in, then you will overpay for what you get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Consideration to Elderly DinerBevinDined on 8/1/2014My reservation was cancelled within 15 minutes on my open table dining time . We were late due to parking on the handicapped spot and and waiting for the elevator to get up stairs. When I reported this situation, I never got a respond back from the restaurant. This is just a tourist spot, they do not have customer services in mind when serving local senior citizens.
- No bread availablesandyinSMDined on 7/30/2014Went on a Wednesday, they had no bread for the table, even though the menu says "fresh bread upon request". Kind of a bummer to have clam chowder without bread.Special Features:
- good place !!!!!!!!!!Acme2Dined on 7/28/2014Good place to have a bite. Nice sunset view from the window you can see ocean beach across the street. Food always takes too long to be served and bread is never fresh.Special Features:
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2014Went for brunch had a reservation but still had to wIt about 15 minutes to be seated otherwise the customer service was outstanding. The food was good I had the wild muschroom omelette it was good. I'd go back again.Special Features:
- Great locationEZeatsVIPDined on 7/26/2014Wonderful spot in historic Beach Chalet, with great murals and historic display on the first floor, and dining room upstairs. The food is just okay, the service is just okay with rushed and rude hostess with no sense of customer service.Special Features:
- Surf's UpBobsHideaburgerDined on 7/26/2014The view and the food service were only surpassed by the food itself.Special Features:
- A reasonably priced dinner..YossieDined on 7/24/2014Dinner at the Beach Chalet at sunset is a normally a treat - the view is simply spectacular. The food is never the issue either - it is generally good to very good. We had a side of Brussel Sprouts along with, in my case, the beef ribs, and, in his case, the pork tenderloin - all of which were fine.. Service is rather average, never standing out - nor did it at this meal. One sour note was a mixup in our order revolving around an appetizer we had ordered and having to change it due to them running out and then having the new choice show up after our main courses did - we declined it.Special Features:
- Sunny San FranciscoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/24/2014I have loved the Beach Chalet. The site is impeccable and the food is good. On this visit we happily scored a window seat overlooking the beach. The 5:30 sun was so strong that it was actually painful to look out the window. We tried to lower the shade and then asked the waiter to lower it but were told that all the shades were on one track and only the manager could decide when to lower it. We should have moved because throughout our meal we kept shifting our chairs, heads and even the table to try to avoid the harshest glare. We watched several other families seated at window tables choose to get up and find tables out of the glare. Finally, after an hour the shade was lowered. This meal could have been much more pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lacklustre ExperienceunsatisfiedVIPDined on 7/23/2014We were a party of 6 for my father's birthday on 7/23/14. Overall, the experience was unenjoyable--from the food, to the slow service, to the AC being down, to the loudness... It took nearly 40 minutes for appetizers to come out. It was uncomfortably warm at our table. The food was blah. We ordered: calamari, 1 crab cake (what a ripoff), the mussels (tiny), and six different entrees. I even had requested that a birthday candle or writing on the dessert plate happen when I talked to the hostess to confirm my reservation, and this did not happen.Special Features:
- Great Food, portions, and beer!PivsAbroadDined on 7/21/2014Went on a Monday night, had the prime rib special and their pan chicken, both were very big portions and delicious. Also dabbled with their house brewed beers by ordering their Sampler platter. Great service, noted by always having a full glass of water, without having to ask, love that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, but they need to decide.HowISeeItDined on 7/19/2014Chalet Beach House and Brewery, even then name seems conflicted. They need to decide if they are a brewery and serve good pub food and great beer, or are they a fine dinning resturant offering a inspired meals and well rounded wine list; along with a few beers. While I enjoyed my time at CBH&B the food was only "good" and the service was merely acceptable. I will likely go back, but I won't make an effort to suggest this resturant as a place tourists must go. The view is great, but you can get it for free just by walkling across the street.Special Features:
- A Great Time!moviemuthaDined on 7/18/2014Good Food, good service, good view, good beer, good company, good parking (stress free) can't ask for more. Add it up - it's great! Thanks!Special Features: