Beach Chalet Brewery & Restaurant
1000 Great Hwy.
San Francisco, CA 94121Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Beach Chalet Brewery & Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.beachchalet.com/
- Phone: 4153868439
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 9:00am - 11:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 8:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Bar: Daily: 9:00am +; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Chris Fissel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Beach Chalet Brewery & Restaurant can accommodate parties of 20-85 people on a seasonal basis and up to 200 people for an exclusive appetizer reception or 188 people for an exclusive seated meal. · All exclusive events which require us to close The Beach Chalet Brewery and Restaurant require
- Private Party Contact: Maia Wanlass 5106538282
- Entertainment: Jazz: Tuesdays, Blues: Fridays Check out our website and click the "Events and Music" tab for a full listing.
- Special Events: Contact our special events department at 415-753-5260 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a special event at the Beach Chalet. We're well suited for casual gatherings as well as formal dinners. Contact us and we will customize an event to fit your needs. More information here: http://www.beachchalet.com/privatedining.
- Cross Street: Lincoln & Fulton Sts.
- Public Transit: The 5 Fulton stops at La Playa/Ocean Beach, just a few feet down the road, at the end of its line. The N Judah comes close at the end of its line and one can either walk or catch the 18 Bus that stops right in front of the restaurant.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: The Beach Chalet offers free parking.
A word from Beach Chalet Brewery & Restaurant
The Beach Chalet Brewery and Restaurant is located in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park where the park meets the Pacific Ocean. They feature a spectacular ocean view, hand crafted beer, full bar and convenient free parking. They serve a modern American menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. Try their 3-6-9 Happy Hour Monday to Friday 3pm to 6pm and 9pm to close they serve a menu of drinks and appetizers that are $3, $6 or $9 for you to enjoy. Other specials include: Prime Rib on Monday nights and Brunch a la Carte Saturdays and Sundays 8am to 2pm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Beach Chalet Brewery & Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Sunset District ›
Beach Chalet Brewery & Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
152 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (138)great for lunch (73)special occasion (50)great for brunch (47)good for groups (41)neighborhood gem (37)kid-friendly (36)romantic (33)fit for foodies (25)great for outdoor dining (15)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (8)notable wine list (6)Show More
- Great for touristOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/25/2014While there are few places that could compare with the view, the food was not quite up to snuff and the service was way to rushed. We shared a pear salad and were shocked to be served canned pears on the salad.This is San Francisco after all. I would rather have something seasonal. Most of the meal was very nice. Yet we were served our entrees before we were finished with our salad. The building is spectacular and I would go just for the view, but maybe go for drinks.Special Features:
- good but not greatdormarxDined on 8/25/2014The Prime Rib was just not up to snuff this time. The previous 2 were far better. As I told the waiter,, "it must have been an old cow."Special Features:
- Amazing meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014I just went to the beach chalet for my 6 month anniversary with my girlfriend as it was recommended to me by a friend. I went because of a whim, but was happily surprised! The service was excellent, the food was to DIE for, and the view of ocean beach as the sun was setting was priceless! speaking of prices, it was a tad expensive, so i recommend going if you have the budget for it, or just want to have a really special evening :DSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely viewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2014It was lovely for a Sunday, good friends and a good view :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go Giants!RudolphVIPDined on 8/15/2014Great place to watch a game or two. Love the night time happy hour at 9pm. We finished with Academy of Sciences night and live nearby, so we popped in for some chowder, calamari, salad, and cocktails. It's also a great place to bring out-of-town friends and family. There was nothing here when I grew up, I'd play hide & seek from the windmills to here, good times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Table was readied a little early for us. And at the window as I requested. We were allowed to relax without being hassled by our waiter. However he was alert to our needs and responded quickly. We were able to have a leisurely meal and visit.Special Features:
- Brunch by BeachtravelwellDined on 8/12/2014Good spot for lunch and showing visitors from out of town the view of the Pacific/Ocean Beach. Food was good, service was slow and uneven. Prices are tourist trade rates (a bit high for what you get). Nice place to chat and admire the view, though the noise level was a bit loud in the restaurant, even though it was mid week and the room was half empty. I understand it gets very busy and loud on summer weekends. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would totally suck if no viewFoodnclothesDined on 8/8/2014The food is much improved since I are here 15yrs ago. Too bad the service was really really slow. Worth it on a clear night to watch the sunset.Special Features:
- good beer, food unspectacular, loudyummyDined on 8/8/2014I like the beer and the great view. But it goes downhill quickly from there. We arrived 5 minutes early for a reservation, and had to wait 20 minutes for our table. The screen was blocking the view so the waiter had to get on a chair and roll it up himself, which to his credit, he enthusiastically did for us. The menu said "bread available upon request". It took 3 requests, and we didn't get bread until we were almost done with our entree. I was underwhelmed with the food (fried calamari, salade nicoise and crab louie). And the table next to us was so noisy we couldn't hear each other. I would go back for a drink and the view on a weekday afternoon to avoid the crowds and have a full meal elsewhere.Special Features:
- Celebration End of SummerendosummerDined on 8/7/2014We enjoyed our time together at a window seat. I enjoyed my Waldorf salad sandwich! And my friends enjoyed their lunch too! the lemonade was delicious and fun as they mixed it at our table with fresh berries! We left happy and satisfied!Special Features:
- Excellent foodMauraDined on 8/3/2014The view is spectacular: the ocean. The food was delicious as usual. The service was fair, but usually it is very good.Special Features:
- Check the WeatherPastaloverVIPDined on 8/3/2014The prices are hard to justify except for the view. The flatiron steak is good, but small, served under an avalanche of greens and fries. Service is (perhaps overly) attentive. Wine is overpriced. Desserts are very good. The restaurant is very noisy, making conversation difficult. So, if the beach is clear it's a great evening. If the fog is in, then you will overpay for what you get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Consideration to Elderly DinerBevinDined on 8/1/2014My reservation was cancelled within 15 minutes on my open table dining time . We were late due to parking on the handicapped spot and and waiting for the elevator to get up stairs. When I reported this situation, I never got a respond back from the restaurant. This is just a tourist spot, they do not have customer services in mind when serving local senior citizens.
- No bread availablesandyinSMDined on 7/30/2014Went on a Wednesday, they had no bread for the table, even though the menu says "fresh bread upon request". Kind of a bummer to have clam chowder without bread.Special Features:
- good place !!!!!!!!!!Acme2Dined on 7/28/2014Good place to have a bite. Nice sunset view from the window you can see ocean beach across the street. Food always takes too long to be served and bread is never fresh.Special Features:
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2014Went for brunch had a reservation but still had to wIt about 15 minutes to be seated otherwise the customer service was outstanding. The food was good I had the wild muschroom omelette it was good. I'd go back again.Special Features:
- Great locationEZeatsVIPDined on 7/26/2014Wonderful spot in historic Beach Chalet, with great murals and historic display on the first floor, and dining room upstairs. The food is just okay, the service is just okay with rushed and rude hostess with no sense of customer service.Special Features:
- Surf's UpBobsHideaburgerDined on 7/26/2014The view and the food service were only surpassed by the food itself.Special Features:
- A reasonably priced dinner..YossieDined on 7/24/2014Dinner at the Beach Chalet at sunset is a normally a treat - the view is simply spectacular. The food is never the issue either - it is generally good to very good. We had a side of Brussel Sprouts along with, in my case, the beef ribs, and, in his case, the pork tenderloin - all of which were fine.. Service is rather average, never standing out - nor did it at this meal. One sour note was a mixup in our order revolving around an appetizer we had ordered and having to change it due to them running out and then having the new choice show up after our main courses did - we declined it.Special Features:
- Sunny San FranciscoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/24/2014I have loved the Beach Chalet. The site is impeccable and the food is good. On this visit we happily scored a window seat overlooking the beach. The 5:30 sun was so strong that it was actually painful to look out the window. We tried to lower the shade and then asked the waiter to lower it but were told that all the shades were on one track and only the manager could decide when to lower it. We should have moved because throughout our meal we kept shifting our chairs, heads and even the table to try to avoid the harshest glare. We watched several other families seated at window tables choose to get up and find tables out of the glare. Finally, after an hour the shade was lowered. This meal could have been much more pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lacklustre ExperienceunsatisfiedVIPDined on 7/23/2014We were a party of 6 for my father's birthday on 7/23/14. Overall, the experience was unenjoyable--from the food, to the slow service, to the AC being down, to the loudness... It took nearly 40 minutes for appetizers to come out. It was uncomfortably warm at our table. The food was blah. We ordered: calamari, 1 crab cake (what a ripoff), the mussels (tiny), and six different entrees. I even had requested that a birthday candle or writing on the dessert plate happen when I talked to the hostess to confirm my reservation, and this did not happen.Special Features:
- Great Food, portions, and beer!PivsAbroadDined on 7/21/2014Went on a Monday night, had the prime rib special and their pan chicken, both were very big portions and delicious. Also dabbled with their house brewed beers by ordering their Sampler platter. Great service, noted by always having a full glass of water, without having to ask, love that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, but they need to decide.HowISeeItDined on 7/19/2014Chalet Beach House and Brewery, even then name seems conflicted. They need to decide if they are a brewery and serve good pub food and great beer, or are they a fine dinning resturant offering a inspired meals and well rounded wine list; along with a few beers. While I enjoyed my time at CBH&B the food was only "good" and the service was merely acceptable. I will likely go back, but I won't make an effort to suggest this resturant as a place tourists must go. The view is great, but you can get it for free just by walkling across the street.Special Features:
- A Great Time!moviemuthaDined on 7/18/2014Good Food, good service, good view, good beer, good company, good parking (stress free) can't ask for more. Add it up - it's great! Thanks!Special Features:
- Great (as usual)NeekVIPDined on 7/17/2014We love dining at the Beach Chalet. We held our wedding rehearsal dinner here, and we love bringing out-of-town guests. We're definitely foodies, and the fare has been consistently good over the past few years - hot to the table, fresh ingredients, well-prepared, and delicious. The wait staff is always friendly, knowledgeable about the menu, and accommodating - the location is right across from Ocean Beach with spectacular views of the Pacific, so the staff has to manage a lot of walk-ins and tourists and a filled dining space all day long. They do a great job. Whether it's just the two of us or a crowd, the staff always seats us at the perfect table - quieter and romantic or livelier and open.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently wonderfulSFhostessDined on 7/16/2014We often take out-of-town guests here. Wonderful food, friendly service, craft beers. All at reasonable restaurant prices, gorgeous view, lots of parking, a museum on the ground floor. What's not to like?Special Features:
- Amazing View and Delicious FoodlifeguardryanDined on 7/15/2014The view at sunset is incredible! The food was delicious and so the drinks. The beer sampler was a treat. The service was good and our reservation was available at the time we reserved. Dinner prices ranged from $14 to ~$30.Special Features:
- Locals at Beach ChaletsimplefoodDined on 7/13/2014I was more than a little disappointed. I brought friends from Marin County raved about the place and the service was just barely passable. The food was ok but not to order. We asked for the salad dressing on the side....salad arrived tossed. I think management should realize locals are part of the clientele and train staff accordingly.Special Features:
- We had an outstanding experienceSFFoodieDined on 7/12/2014We all loved our meals. We had the crab cake for a starter and it was the best crab cake any of us could remember eating. My prawns with risotto was mouth watering. The four of us at our table each had a different dish and we were all equally thrilled with our meal. Our waiter was friendly and fun while at the same time being highly professional. He made us feel that he was genuinely pleased that he could serve us. This, in spite of the fact that the restaurant was at full capacity and our waiter, Joel, was incredibly busy. This was a top notch dinning experience. We were extremely pleased with the food and the friendly service from all the staff and especially our waiter, Joel.Special Features:
- California Vacation CelebrationJohnDined on 7/11/2014We had dinner at the Beach Chalet while on vacation, celebrating our last night in California. It was the perfect spot for our group with a great ocean view and great food. The staff was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surprisedormarxDined on 7/7/2014The prime rib was outstanding. Really, really good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great name for a great restaurantAJJADined on 7/7/2014Salads, salmon and prime rib were great; portions were a nice size--plenty of food Wait staff was friendly and attentive. Relaxed environment overlooking the Pacific; what could be better? Very cool historic building. Great non-alcoholic lemonade drinks that they pour table-side and mix with various homemade berry concentrates. Having the word "brewery" in the name of the restaurant sort of does it a disservice.Special Features:
- Enjoyable...PickyEaterDined on 7/7/2014Took a friend for birthday brunch. We both enjoyed the ambiance, the view and the food. Waitperson was personable and attentive. We were able to hang out there after completing the meal for an additional 20+ minutes with no interruptions from the wait staff. Would do it again for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Ocean viewsrabbitDined on 7/7/2014Great place for ocean front dining. Great beer, good food.Special Features:
- Unique SF Venue with Ocean Viewliv2dineVIPDined on 7/4/2014Pleasantly surprised by the presentation, freshness and quality of our calamari appetizer and short rib and chicken entrees. Unique cocktails as well. Dined late on July 4th and staff had been slammed by lots of tourists and locales during the day. Despite the very busy day, hostess, server and runners were all professional and responsive to our questions and requests. Views of Pacific Ocean and fireworks on the beach topped off the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BlandBeerJockeyDined on 7/4/2014Went mostly for the beer but also had lunch. Both beer and food lacked flavor. Food choices are fairly imaginative options that appear to just be poorly executed. All beers were a toned down version if what I would expect, all light on flavor and complexity. Service was also poor; asked 4 times for a complement to an appetizer which we didn't receive until after we are our main dishes, and no water refills were provided.
- Beach Chalet (upstairs)JackieDined on 6/28/2014When they 1st opened the food was wonderful, but I feel like they've really gone downhill. We were a party of 5 & only 2 were satisfied. One was served a cold flank steak; another said his hamburger was good. but the bun was stale. My beef shortribs were tough, dry & stringy & the accompanying polenta was a dried out clump. When we complained, they did give us a discount, but we'll probably not go for dinner again. Maybe for drinks & an appetizer to enjoy the view. The food was unsatisfactory on a previous visit, but we thought we'd give it another try in case it was a fluke.Special Features:
- Dining at the BeachsfdinerDined on 6/27/2014The Beach Chalet hits a consistently relaxed note, with its nice selection of brews, solid menu, and a friendly, roomy bar area. The service is generally cheerful and capable, and the sunsets, while occasionally blinding for a little while depending on the state of the window blinds, are always enjoyable. My wife and I drive across town from Bernal Heights several times a year when we feel like a laid- back evening out.Special Features:
- Better this timeJudithDined on 6/27/2014A friend and I meet here midway between our homes. It's a convenient location, in SF, but easy to park. Last time (2013) was not the best. Food was not good and service lackluster. This time, it was much improved in both categories. Even on a foggy day, the view is spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BarbaraVIPDined on 6/24/2014Always good food and exceptional view! I had the skirt steak and salad. Hum!Special Features: