1270 Carillon Point
Kirkland, WA 98033Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://beachcafekirkland.com/
- Phone: 4258890303x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily 6:30 AM to 10:30 AM
Sunday – Thursday 10:30 AM to 9:00 PM
Friday-Saturday 10:30 AM to 10:00 PM
Daily 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM
Weekend Brunch Specials:
Saturday & Sunday 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matthew Steffen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Discover Kirkland's Best Happy Hour Daily from 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM!
A word from Beach Cafe
Inspired by beaches around the world, the Beach Café serves up cuisine featuring fresh ingredients from the Pacific Northwest region. Dine indoors or out on the waterfront patio (weather permitting), and enjoy your favorite cocktail and appetizers during daily Happy Hour.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Beach Cafe - Best Restaurants in Kirkland ›
Beach Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
188 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (148)great for outdoor dining (114)great for lunch (77)neighborhood gem (39)great for brunch (32)special occasion (31)good for groups (30)kid-friendly (27)romantic (20)fit for foodies (20)vibrant bar scene (14)hot spot (9)late-night find (3)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Sunset viewsMartinDined on 8/23/2014My husband and I went to enjoy the view and have a nice evening together. The food was good along with our service. We were able to eat out side for dinner per our request. As the sunset, it does gets a bit dark. I wish we had had some sort of lighting on the table, so that we could see our food as we eat. It was a bit loud outside but that is not the restaurant fault. They were showing a movie up above. We still enjoyed our time the views were terrific and you cannot take that away.Special Features:
- A FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We come often when choosing a restaurant in Kirkland area. Great view, easy parking, good food, good service, friendly staff, and we can visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday afternoon pleasureDmccann59Dined on 8/22/2014one of the best places to " boat to" , on Lake Washington. We arrived for a 6:30pm dinner, on a Friday evening. Place was busy. But we got our asked for 6:30pm table. Not the outside we asked for. So we were disappointed on that. But window close. Service was decently prompt, given how busy they were. Server was pleasant, attentive, and right behind us. Courses were varied in choice. From a tasty chicken on couscous, which two of us took, to a couple of salads. Ideal for a party of 4-6. Our teenage nephew loved the view. ( Visiting from England. )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great spotbng73Dined on 8/22/2014Seems to have improved since my last visit. Really enjoyed the food and the ambiance. Great time, glad we picked this spot for a special dinner with out of town friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent outdoor diningDD2DineVIPDined on 8/21/2014Once again, we enjoyed Beach Cafe - a great setting for an informal dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect at SunsetMsQuinnDined on 8/20/2014We often go to Beach Cafe for a beautiful summertime dinner at sunset on the water. The food is excellent and the view is unbeatable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambience is PricelessOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/17/2014We have been to the Beach Cafe many, many times and are never disappointed with the view and surroundings. Great Kirkland waterfront cafe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation on the wrong dayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014While the restaurant made room for us, they had us for August 13th, while OpenTable reserved for us on the 12th. Made for an awkward moment to start with as we thought we would have to find somewhere else at the last minute. No way to celebrate a birthday.Special Features:
- FoodgemmaVIPDined on 8/8/2014This could have been a great place if the food is better than average. their calamari was too hard to bite although it tastes okay. the rest of what we ordered were good though.Special Features:
- DisappointedBellevueDinerDined on 8/8/2014I've dined here many times in the past, and for the most part have enjoyed good food and good service. This visit was lunch with an out-of-town friend who wanted to enjoy the water view. We ended up sitting toward the back with very little view, and the wait staff seemed to forget we were there although the surrounding tables were filled. Food was so-so. The Chop Salad was dry, and the ingredients were much too large....didn't seem to be "chopped" at all! Menu seems to have changed recently - too much chicken and not enough seafood. Had to chase the waiter for the bill. Rather disappointing experience based on many previous years of enjoyable dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ladiesnightoutDined on 8/4/2014The dinner menu was somewhat limited in selection but what was there was unique and delicious. The wait staff was courteous, knowledgeable although a bit inattentive due to the number of guests in the restaurant. The noise level was fairly high by the peak time but conversation was still possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay, not greatOliveDined on 7/27/2014We made a reservation beforehand to come and celebrate a birthday. We read decent reviews about it and decided to give it a try. It was just only okay because the food really didn't stand out. The view is perfect, and that's its big plus, but it ends here. We won't be back since there are so many better places in Seattle to dine.Special Features:
- Beach CafeDiner23Dined on 7/27/2014I was disappointed about a few things. The dining room appears geared to parties of four or less. Our table of six was kind of shoved against a wall. Only a few of the seats had a view. Although we had a reservation, we were not given the option of dining outside. Upon the server's recommendation, I ordered an 'Asian Chicken salad.' Although it tasted ok, it looked like everything but the lettuce came out of a can, not look appetizing at all. The entries looked and apparently tasted fine. We asked for bread, and were brought four rolls (we were unsure as to which of the six of were not to get bread). Fortunately, as the reviews were so-so, my expectations were low.Special Features:
- Entertaining Lunch HourOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/22/2014Every time I've been at Beach Café for lunch there has been something entertaining going on....either the ducks and geese are especially active or the Woodmark is preparing for a special event or a yacht is moving. The value and service are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice view!EvanDined on 7/21/2014The waterfront Beach Cafe in Kirkland is a great place to meet friends for dinner, with beautiful sunset views on the lake. Food is good, menu is fairly creative. Overall ambiance was casual and friendly, and not too loud. Definitely would consider visit again.Special Features:
- Always the sameOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/21/2014We have gone to the Beach Cafe at least a dozen times because the views are awesome. The food is always decent but does not blow you away. The joke in our family is the service is always the same, slow, slow and non attentive. We always laugh and say well get ready for the slow service and we are never let down. But we will always come back.
- Wonderful experience!Juliette98Dined on 7/20/2014Our waitress was perfect, and the food was spectacular! My guest and I had never been before to the Beach Café, and we will most definitely be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very accommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/19/2014The food and service were wonderful and the view was great! They were even very gracious modifying one of our party's order to fit her dietary needs.Special Features:
- Ahi Tuna Burger overrated!GrrrrrrrrlfVIPDined on 7/17/2014Great spot, lousy Ahi Tuna burger. This is their "signature dish," and although plentiful, it tasted awful. This restaurant is way overrated.Special Features:
- VodkaDined on 7/15/2014Everything was great. Jeff, our waiter, was terrific great attitude, friendly, and very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and location!MaiTreeDined on 7/13/2014We had a wonderful dinner and an amazing sunset just happened for us while dining.Special Features:
- Disappointing, but OK foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014Asked for a window table when making the reservation, were seated at an interior booth with empty window tables right there in front of us. What the hell. It may seem small, but there are a lot of high-end restaurants in Bellevue/Kirkland -- the food here was OK, but not that OK. We don't see any reason to come back.
- sicilianfoodieDined on 7/13/2014We had a great time and we each loved what we ordered. The fish and chips is amazing and my husbands burger looked so good that is what I am ordering next time but I also liked my chop salad.Special Features:
- Best breakfast I've eatenJeggerdDined on 7/13/2014I love to cook and typically cook on my own, but the food here is delicious. I came for breakfast and it was a wonderful experience. The food had great flavor, the orange juice was better than store bought brands, and the hot chocolate was tasty. Sat outside to a great view of the water and various people milling about. The device was great, had a nice waitress who made sure we were doing ok, without bugging too much. They also have out blankets to people who were cold outside while eating. The price is about what I expected, but it was worth it for sure. Definitely recommend this to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great views, great food.love2dineDined on 7/12/2014The Beach Cafe is always good. The atmosphere is fun and lively. The view is amazing...inside or outside. Good service, and always come back for the beautiful lake views.Special Features:
- KeriOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014I've been here multiple times, the Jerk Wings & Salmon are always a hit, anything else we try has been a miss. On Saturday the restaurant was miserably warm. A restaurant of their caliber should have an AC that can compete with the window heat. The salmon tacos were terrible. I felt like it would be safe because their salmon entree has always been good, but I wanted something more casual and didn't want to spend the 32.00 MP on the salmon. It was way overcooked, very dry and VERY salty. I would recommend to a friend but I would say, stick with wings, salad or the salmon entree. The location is great, staff is friendly, beautiful view, good sized outside deck.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/11/2014Table was not ready for reservation and hostess did not handle very well. It was a hot sunny evening and the outdoor umbrellas could not be moved to block the sun. Because the kitchen was slow, service was as well but we liked our waitress. Clam appitizers were served with one slice of bread, who does that? But entree salad and burger were ok.
- Fun atmosphereMichtoVIPDined on 7/11/2014This restaurant makes you feel like you're dining at the beach, a la Kirkland waterfront which is pretty fantastic on a warm sunny day. They have an extensive menu with lots of good sounding items. We each went with a salad which wasn't very flavorful, both the curry chicken salad and caesar salad were very mild tasting. I also ordered their Phad Thai soup special which was essentially like eating Cup 'O Nooodles. We'll go back and try their burgers next time.Special Features:
- Waited 30 min for reservationUsedToBeAFanVIPDined on 7/9/2014and the food was slow...we had a 7pm reservation, and did not get our food until 8:35pm.
- Give and takeKKditDined on 7/9/2014I give 4.5 (gotta leave room for truly stellar service and food) stars for our waiter and food then take away some for the hostesses not listening and messing up my husbands birthday dinner. When we arrived, the hostesses were preoccupied and short with us and said our request for outdoor seating couldn't be honored as there was an hour+ long waiting list and they didn't reserve the patio. I stood there and watched two couples walk in and get seated on the patio who were not on a list and commented on it. They irritatedly explained that parties of 7 were harder to accommodate. I said that I had reservations for 2 not 7 then they realized their mistake of lumping us in with another group, but too late....we sat inside. May not go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous settingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014Banana leaf wrapped Mahi Mahi with rice, cucumbers, butternut squash was Muy fantastico! Great setting. Booked later in evening so we could watch sunset! Very relaxing.Special Features:
- loloDined on 7/7/2014Overpriced salad and coffee. Dark meat in chicken salad Validation for 1.5 hours meant paying $4.00Special Features:
- Beach CafeFlossyDined on 7/5/2014Great food and atmosphere!! Loved it! I would definitely recommend this place to my friends and family. It was a beautiful day and we were able to get a table outside. The staff were friendly and the food amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining with a viewDawnVIPDined on 6/30/2014Large portions at reasonable prices. The house burger and tuna burger special were cooked perfectly and the fish and chips were outstanding. Plus, you can't beat the excellent Lake Washington views.Special Features:
- Perfect on a perfect daySeattleGirlVIPDined on 6/30/2014It's always a great place to eat, but on a perfect (weather-wise) Seattle day, the view is unbeatable! The lunch menu is varied and everything I've had has been quite tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loloDined on 6/29/2014See below - good brunch with that exception. The waitress (think it was Lia) was good and she took off her most expensive dish for brunch because I think she felt badly about the cost of bread!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findseafoodseaDined on 6/28/2014I found this place searching yelp for seafood restaurants with a water view (in kirkland/bellevue). I wanted an impressive place to take a date and I must say, I got it! Great atmosphere, nice views, and good service. Thank you to Vanessa (Hostess) for a lovely first date seat looking out to the sunset. Jason was a good server, but I did not like how he just brought the bill without asking if we were done ordering/ready for the bill. All in all, a great place to eat, and you will definitely impress a date with this location. OpenTable made it super simple to reserve a time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gone downhillHappyDined on 6/21/2014This used to be a great restaurant - great food and service. I had a family reunion here a few years ago but in the past year it has really gone downhill. The menu has changed, it's been paired down which is fine but the food quality is awful. Undercooked or overcooked with zero taste. The service was only so-so. The hostess said she would seat us outside and then led us to a table inside. When I asked about it she responded "ummm outside is full". I looked outside, it was clearly not the case, so perhaps they were under-staffed and didn't want to fill another table. Sad to see this happen to a place that has great outdoor seating with lake views.Special Features:
- Gone Downhill a BitFoxyMommaDined on 6/15/2014Came here for Father's Day breakfast. Have been here a few times before. Nice views but the service seems to decline each time I'm there. Restaurant is also looking a little bit tired. I think the view is the only thing that keeps people coming. Food is not particularly memorable.Special Features:
- Terrific!GourmandVIPDined on 6/11/2014What a lovely lunch! Had the fabulous crab/ginger soup and crab pasta. Just wonderful and the view of the lake couldn't have been better!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.