Beach Cafe - Tropicana Las Vegas
3801 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
Beach Cafe - Tropicana Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.troplv.com/EatDrinkSubPage.aspx?page=BeachCafe
- Phone: 7027392636x
- Hours of Operation:
Open 24 Hours Daily
Breakfast Buffet: 6am to 11am (Mon to Fri)
Weekend Brunch: 6am to 2pm (Sat and Sun)
Breakfast Menu: 7am to 11am Daily
Lunch Menu: 11am to 5pm Daily
Dinner Menu: Beginning 5pm Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International
- Executive Chef: Will Van Dussen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Beach Cafe - Tropicana Las Vegas
Beach Café is brought to life by its natural, vibrant setting and delectable cuisine from around the globe. Featuring breakfast, lunch and dinner, Beach Café adds a contemporary twist to traditional dining favorites, and its blend of creative cuisine and beach club lifestyle provide the ideal indoor or outdoor dining experience, day or night.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Beach Cafe - Tropicana Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (5)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- BraeDined on 8/8/2014We have eaten lunch there twice during our stay at Tropicana and will return again today. We were a party of four and ALL enjoyed our dishes. We had the pleasure of JESSICA' as our server and she is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with my teen daughtermyexperDined on 7/21/2014We were seated by the bar. The restaurant was not crowded. Loud, noisy, crowd. At least they left quickly. First, ordered side salads. Not given a salad fork. When we were finished, we were told to keep our forks. Really? We can't get another one for our meal? Next, we both ordered the NY steak. It was excellent. A bit pricey for this restaurant. Downside: not given steak knives. Had to ask for them, we were given one steak knife and one off the wall mismatched smooth blade knife (?). Asked for another steak knife. It took our waitress a while to come back. Don't know where she had to go to find it. At least it matched the other one. Again, pricey for a "cafe". $27 for steak dinner and side salad. Should have went to a steakhouse!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & beerRePeteDined on 6/21/2014Enjoued wide variety of food and good choice of beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 69 reviews are from the Beach Cafe - Tropicana Las Vegas reviews archive.
- Great dinner before the show....BeBe44Dined on 5/21/2014We dined at the Beach Cafe before seeing a show. It was a very relaxing atmosphere, with a nice selection of entrees. We made reservations for 5 PM, which worked well. The restaurant began filling up between 5:30 and 6:30PM. Our server was pleasant and able to make recommendations about entree selections. I would dine here on a return trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice placejoyceb720Dined on 5/17/2014Waiter was less than attentive. The food was awesome. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, fair price.DustinDined on 2/17/2014We had a late-night dinner here. The menu was limited, but ample. I VERY much enjoyed the Philly Cheesesteak there. Yummy. It's pretty quiet at night, but we enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/2/2014I am a local and walk to/patronize this Restaurant frequently. While the food is good and reasonably priced the service is always extremely slow especially on weekends if you order off the menu. If you choose the Buffet be sure you know what's on it first. If you choose to order Breakfast from the Menu, be sure you have plenty of time.
- Send a Mystery GiftblizzardDined on 11/28/2013We had the buffet and to our surprize it was very good, we usually don;t like buffets, and the service of wait staff were excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wedding post-brunchTiffanyDined on 11/10/2013We had a few guests meet from a next day post-brunch, food was good at the brunch, price value was excellent. I wasn't expecting a 5 star brunch, but very surprised and satisfied by clean, fresh and taste 3-4 star quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than expectedEatOutaLotDined on 10/26/2013Great place for a casual dinner or lunch. Food was very good, great flavor, good quality, appropriate quantity-plenty, but not too much. Price was very reasonable for casino dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really bad servicefoodie2Dined on 10/19/2013Sat at the table for 15 minutes before anyone even acknowledged I was there. The bus boy took my order then a server took over. The server was incredibly rude and acted like serving me was an imposition. The service was so bad I didn't even want to there for the free breakfast that came with my room the next morning. I'll never go back to this restaurant.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmingDrDanVIPDined on 9/14/2013The description says contemporary American cuisine. It's basically sandwiches, wraps, hamburgers and salads. One chair at our table was covered in crumbs; another had clearly had something recently spilled on it was still wet. The food was fine and you got what you paid for. I had simply gone in with the impression it would be a bit nicer.
- CasualJennDined on 7/19/2013We were there for a beer festival and grabbed a bite here beforehand. Great burgers and prime rib and service was friendly!I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was hot in our table'sBeachCafeDined on 7/7/2013It was hot in our table's area and they got right to getting the AC running better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/29/2013The menu on OpenTable was nothing like the one at the restaurant. We were expecting a much higher class of restaurant. This was more like a "poolside" restaurant serving burgers. The Cuban burger we had was good but nothing special. My husband sent back the very dry Mongolian beef dish he ordered and just ate half my burger. (they are very large) The appetizers we had, crab cakes and egg rolls were like what you could have bought in the frozen section of your local store. Really very disappointed. We won't go back.
- Good casual dining in the TropicanaJ9GomperzVIPDined on 4/10/2013When we first arrived we were not happy with the level of noise in the dining room, but when we asked for an outdoor table, we were very pleased with the background of the waterfall that drowned out all the noise except our own conversation. I had mahi mahi, my husband ordered fish and chips, the other people in our party had the meatloaf and mine was good, they raved about their choices. We would have spent more money on bar beverages if the server had shown up more often at our table. We will return and try it out for lunch sometime soon, and will certainly go back for casual dinners.Special Features:
- Nice outdoor areaDamayVIPDined on 4/1/2013The main body of the cafe inside is lacks much personality, but on a nice day, sitting outside feels great! The food was good...hard to ruin a sandwich and salad, but like most sit down restaurants in Vegas these days, a bit overpriced for what you got.Special Features:
- Tropicana Beach CafeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/22/2013Great experience. Perfect for lunch, nice relaxing location near the pool, ambiance was really the perfect balance of hip vibe and beachside relaxation.Special Features:
- Modern and clean ambiance,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/18/2013Modern and clean ambiance, nice menu and fair prices. Service was smooth and prompty without bothering. Great option for a casual business or personal dinner. Probably not as impressive as other alternatives in the region but definitely provides a pleasant and distinguished impression.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We consider it a gem as weOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/9/2013We consider it a gem as we are residents of Sun City Anthem. We like to bring visiters to the city to this hidden gem in back of the Trop.We found it by accident and being able to make reservations through Open Table makes the experience even better.Until nest time.Roger and Shirley CooperSpecial Features:
- The restaurant was easy toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2012The restaurant was easy to locate and we were seated immediately. Lunch buffet was simple but good and the menu was also simple, but had what we needed for a moderate lunch. Good, central place to meet on the strip. The valet was fast and efficient.Special Features:
- Perfect breakfast outing.HolidazeDined on 10/10/2012Perfect breakfast outing. At the start it appeared & felt that they were short staffed, but once our server took our order, she continued to check on us & refill our beverages. We look forward to returning on our next LV adventure.Special Features:
- good breakfast buffet, poor hostessOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2012Attended for the breakfast buffet, which was tasty and reasonably priced. Nice beachy atmosphere. Only complaint was the hostess, who tried to seat us at a long, pub height table where we would have had to sit on stools. When I asked for a regular height table she seemed rather put out. We were then seated at the rear of the restaurant, where some noisy construction was going on outside. This was disspointing, especially since I had made a reservation. I would not have bothered if I'd known.Special Features:
- Showed up for the 10am-2pmOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/9/2012Showed up for the 10am-2pm brunch buffet and $10 unlimited margaritas. Was informed by the hostess that due to a Slots Tournament that day they weren't providing the brunch buffet but that I had the choice to do the breakfast one still so we did that since we were starving. Cost us $18.99/person and the food was sub par. My husband asked for a margarita which never ever arrived. Had to ask the hostess for our bill since clearly we weren't getting any service from any of the waitresses.
- Not outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/3/2012We were at the Tropicana for a conference and The Beach Cafe was quite crowded for lunch. The wait was long - even with a reservation - and although our server was friendly and efficent, it took a while to get our food. Our food (Cesear Wrap and French Dip) was just OK. Nothing outstanding. Being outside was nice, but the chairs were not comfortable at all. We just drank water and our bill - with tip - was over $30. Not that I mind spending that much for food if it's GREAT, but this food was just OK.
- Loved the atmosphere, pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/28/2012Loved the atmosphere, prices reasonable. Nice serviceSpecial Features:
- Very good about having reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2012Very good about having reservations. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Food was so-so. My 12 year old cousin had chicken tenders that were ok. I had the grilled chicken sandwich, and didn't realize it had a chipotle mayo on it. It came on texas toast that was soaking wet from the mayo on both sides, and it didn't have lettuce/tomato/onion like the waiter said it would. They were great about quickly fixing the problem, but the chicken was dry and rubbery. Nice staff, and nice view of the outside grounds, but I wouldn't go back for the food.Special Features:
- Dinner was excellent. WayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/7/2012Dinner was excellent. Way more food than I could eat, however my 17 year old grandson devoured all of his quite nicely. The mile high chocolate cake for dessert was absolutely sinful, it was SOOO good. Food was served in a timely manner, was hot and as I said, excellent. The server was pleasant, cheerful and helpful For us, it was a great experience.Special Features:
- Great open deck area, plentyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/5/2012Great open deck area, plenty of mister's to keep you cool. Food was delicious and service was perfect, we enjoyed dinner very much and would definetly recomend this restaurant.Special Features:
- We were in Las VegAs for aOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/27/2012We were in Las VegAs for a red hat event and really enjoyed dining here. The food was very good, service very efficient and what a pretty place.Special Features:
- We were seated within 5 minutesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/24/2012We were seated within 5 minutes of reservation time. Staff is pleasant and friendly and most efficient. This was our fourth visit and will continue on special occasions or when we have out of town guests.Special Features:
- Great restaurant. The goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/18/2012Great restaurant. The good was excellent and the service was great! A definite 'must do'!Special Features:
- We were glad we had a reservation.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2012We were glad we had a reservation. There were many people waiting to be seated.Special Features:
- Great food, short staffedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/30/2012The food was excellent, but they were very short staffed, so that really made the experience less than great
- We had reservations at theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/28/2012We had reservations at the Beach Cafe at 5:30 p.m. When we arrived, the restaurant did not appear to be busy! While there were more guests seated outside on the patio, only three tables was occupied in the inside dining area. There was only a couple with no reservations ahead of us and my daughter and I, waiting to be seated. Because we had reservations, we were seated immediately. The waiter did not take long to welcome us, gave us the menus, and took our drink order. Meanwhile, less than five minutes later, the couple that was in line ahead of us were seated, and then three more parties within the next 5 minutes thereafter. It took my daughter and me about 15 minutes to decide what we wanted and to give our order to our server. I had the
- Nice "beachy" decor, veryxrumbagalDined on 5/11/2012Nice "beachy" decor, very soothing. Waterfall could be heard inside near the door, which was very nice. Very enjoyable meal.Special Features:
- We arrived about 15min. early,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2012We arrived about 15min. early, was given special attention and seated. The restaurant was beautiful(first time visit). The food was delicious and our server was delightful. There was a problem with the slaw...our server took care of it immediately. Overall, a very pleasant experience and will recommend to my friends.Special Features:
- We were there for a "Special"OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/24/2012We were there for a "Special" birthday dinner. We have been coming to the Tropicana for many many years. You've done a fantastic job on renovating the whole hotel/casino and should be proud. We were all very pleased and the atmosphere of the outside dining which brought back some very wonderful memories. Thank you so much for a most enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Nice menu variety and greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/24/2012Nice menu variety and great service. Have returned again.Special Features:
- Good food in tropical decorOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/14/2012Do not expect extraordinary culinary dishes. Sufficient portions of average taste. Nothing fancy, but correct price-quality. Lovely tropical decor. Outdoor dining overlooking the renovated Tropicana pool and gardens.Special Features: