247 West Fayette St
Syracuse, NY 13202Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bcrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (315) 701-0636
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
Sunday: CLOSED; Available 7 days a week for private dining.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Wayne Cafariella
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: bc loves to take our show on the road! Call Ellen at 315-701-0636
- Private Party Facilities: *bc has a private dining room that holds up to 45
*bc has a courtyard that seats 30 in summer
*bc has community tables between bar and dining that will seat up to 16 (semi private)
*Our entire restaurant is available for private parties 7 daytimes a week and Sunday and Monday evenings.
*You can order off the menu or there are private party menus at
*bc would love to host a happy hour for your group - you get the drinks we'll serve pizza on the house!
Call Ellen at 315-701-0636
- Private Party Contact: Ellen Leahy 3157010636
- Entertainment: Thursdays - Solo/Duo Dinner Music 7:00 - 9:00 pm
Friday Night Music Series 8:00 - 11:00 pm
Check schedule here:
- Cross Street: between Franklin and Clinton
- Public Transit: bc is on Syracuse's Connective Corridor: http://connectivecorridor.syr.edu/
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Also, a well lit, very accessible parking garage across the street from bc. And, a well managed lot on the corner of Clinton and Fayette - "Tell Gary you are going to bc."
A word from bc Restaurant
bc is customer-centric modern dining!Continued
Noun: The friendly and generous reception and entertainment of guests, visitors or strangers.
Fresh ingredient and chef driven menu.
Noun: The friendly and generous reception and entertainment of guests, visitors or strangers.
Fresh ingredient and chef driven menu.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
bc Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (33)special occasion (23)neighborhood gem (21)good for groups (19)romantic (16)hot spot (11)late-night find (4)notable wine list (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Nothing specialCarloDined on 11/18/2014My wife and I have had some of our best meals at bc over the years. Our last two experiences will not support a third visit anytime soon. Our meal ($100 before tip , no wine) was no more "special" than what we might of had at Kirby's for half the price. No slam on Kirby's intended. We look forward to the new incarnation of bc in the new year.
- Poor!OrangefanVIPDined on 11/8/2014Whenever we visit our son at SU, he asks to go here for dinner. Never again. Food was cold, then returned overcooked. They kept bringing us out new food to replace the food that was not edible. Each time it got worse. We left without actually eating dinner. Only my son who ordered the burger actually ate dinner. They were kind enough not to charge us.
- Do not eat here.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/7/2014Hadn't been here in a year. Requested front room, on arrival told front room tables reserved. French fries cold. Pumpkin risotto the consistency of kindergarten paste, flavorless and cold. Inedible and an embarrassment. Understand ownership has changed. I think they now only exist because of the new Marriott hotel a block away. Suspect the reserved table thing may be open table phenom I have heard about elsewhere (Nantucket). Preference given to those who call directly. Will never return.
- BcNannDined on 11/4/2014liked the atmosphere when we walked in- diverse menu- Wanted to "try" a number of items Food was delicious- Table had short rib-tuna-steak-all fabulous The Brussel sproyts could have been cooked a little mire(only negative) Dessert - pumpkin creme brûlée -oh my!! My husband wanted ice cream-it wasn't on the menu but it magically appeared for him:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We did not knowTJMaxVIPDined on 10/31/2014Only offered prefixed menu during Parents Weekend, when I asked waiter about it and his reaction was less then accommodating I senced he thought I was going to complain about it while I just wanted to make sure I understood what the "program " was for the night. Net/net the restaurant should not do prefix anything the staff doesn't like it and the food while carefully thought out was poorly executed. Management needs to rethink Parents Weekend!
- good food, good for parents weekendflevyVIPDined on 10/31/2014went there for parents' weekend. Did not know about the fixed priced menu and that should have been publicized at the time of the reservation. Price was not outrageous, but the limited selections were a surprise. Food was very good.
- Excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014The food was delicious and beautifully presented. Service was impeccable. I will not hesitate to dine there again on my next trip to Syracuse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Very Very limited menuunhappyinsyracuseDined on 10/31/2014The restaurant only had a price fixed menu on Friday. They could have emailed me in advance, but chose not to. One person in my party is a picky eater which I had pre-cleared the menu with, however the restaurant made a change to only have the price fixed menu without the options we wanted. Too late to go somewhere else, so one of our party had a terrible night. For the rest, we could not get past this.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/31/2014I made reservations at bc several months ago and upon arriving with our party of 5 for dinner discovered that the menu was price fixed FOR THE WEEKEND. I had called earlier in the day to confirm our reservations and this was not mentioned and when I went online to look at the restaurants web site again, it was not mentioned. I had paid a deposit at the time of making the reservations. I was never alerted via email (through Opentable) about this change. We explained to our waiter that this new format would not work for us and he graciously had the manager refund our deposit. He also mentioned that at least 5 other parties had left for the same reason.
- Huge Disappointment - Don't go HerePaulaDined on 10/31/2014We ate here during SU parents weekend. We had high hopes, based on on-line reviews. They only had a prix fixe menu @ $55 per person (4 courses). We were OK with the price. However, the quality of the food was so poor, that we felt robbed. First, the mushroom broth was served cold. The second course, one of my daughter's favorite foods, a pumpkin risotto, was just bad. My daughter was looking forward to a nice steak after months of dorm food, but couldn't finish it because it was still frozen in the middle. The apple crisp, was a bowl of chopped apples that had clearly been heated in a microwave, served lukewarm. It was such a disappointment that we were no able to treat our daughter to a nice meal during our visit with her. Never again.
- ServiceBuffaloBCfansDined on 10/24/2014Our server, Sage, was terrific! He really made our dining experience pleasurable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Watch Your Check!HarryVIPDined on 10/24/2014This is a good restaurant, one of the best in Armory Square. However, my check had two mistakes in price, and both items were more than the price that appeared on menu. The waiter fixed it after I brought it to his attention, but it was still disappointing.Special Features:
- Deliciousasharma35Dined on 10/22/2014We were in a little bit of a hurry because we had theater tickets the same night, but service was quick. Food was outstanding, I had scallops, wife had lobster risotto. Wish we had time for dessert, but we will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Always a great choiceLjmcDined on 10/11/2014BC is a Syracuse restaurant winner! always consistently excellent food with wait staff who are both attentive and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- davidVIPDined on 9/27/2014a restaurant this good does not need a live band on a sat night-too loudSpecial Features:
- Excellent dinnerSokakaDined on 9/19/2014Have been to many restaurants of all kinds and price and bc stands out as one of the best. At the very top of the list for being in tune with timing of things.. Unbelievably sensitive to your perspective of the experience. Wine generous.. Food outstanding.. Especially the lobster bisque. Shame they are not open for lunch. One of the best dinning experiences ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising Findcindy914VIPDined on 9/19/2014Found this lovely restaurant on Open Table. With our teen checking out Syracuse U, we had a great meal at this place. Food was great, service was very good (and our waiter was very entertaining), and there was a terrific jazz trio adding to the ambience. I would highly recommend it. try the $30 prix fixe -3 course meal. It is a good value. Also, if you are staying at the Marriott Residence Inn, the restaurant offers a free cocktail! How nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding1King1QueenDined on 9/16/2014It was a surprize dinner for my wife and she was very pleased with the atmospere and we will be returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014our waiter,Michael, extended excellent service. if we had any questions about a particular food item on the menu he happily offered us a sample to help us make our decision.He also brought us a sample of something we were considering but opted to go with another item on your menu.He gave us great explanations and recommendations. He was very personal and made our experience very memorable. I rarely go out ,but when i do this is the kind of service I look for . thank youSpecial Features:
- Always goodMclarkDined on 8/23/2014We live in Houton but always go to The BC when we come to see our daughter who is in college there. The food is fantastic and so is the service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceSpecialenough4herDined on 8/22/2014BC was perfect. I took a very beautiful girl here and was not disappointed, the service was friendly and punctual, the food was spectacular and the atmosphere was fun with just enough romance to make my night. Whether you're taking someone special or just going with friends BC is an excellent choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic restaurant!pajsantacruzDined on 8/21/2014fabulous food, excellent service, elegant decor! We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner here with family. The only downside was that it was very noisy, the acoustics of the dining room collected all the noise - it was a challenge to carry on a conversation amongst our party of 5.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehdogwhispererpghDined on 8/19/2014Nothing special. Food overpriced for what you get. They try too hard to make things unusual and it ends up being a mess of flavors. The tables are way too close together. I doubt I'd go back.Special Features:
- Great food & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014Went here for dinner recently on a Sat night and there were only a few people there. The outside dining area was very nice. The filet and lobster risotto were both excellent. The service was great and we are looking fwd to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wanted to like itapril28dcDined on 8/6/2014Extremely overpriced for what you are served. We liked the bread and the desserts.
- The following 132 reviews are from the bc Restaurant reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2014One of the best fine dining restaurants in Syracuse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceAmandaDined on 7/10/2014The service at bc was excellent. Our server provided exceptional attention to our dining. Food was great. Fresh and creative dishes were paired well with the excellent wine, beer and cocktail list. bc is definitely a special occasion place. Dessert selection was a great ending to a nice meal. It is quite pricey in comparison.Special Features:
- Best 'cuse Date Night RestaurantPaulieDined on 6/21/2014From the moment you walk through the door, the experience is relaxing, professional and on-point. We sat in the back courtyard. A very urban big city feel. I forgot I was still in Syracuse for a moment. The food is amazing! The wait staff is awesome! We highly recommend the calamari small plate and the scallops (app. or entree) which are prepared differently each day. An excellent selection of wines as well. My wife and I agree, bc is the best restaurant in Syracuse, period!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect.rgooginVIPDined on 6/20/2014My wife and I have made a few conscious decisions in life: we don't drill our own cavities, we don't build our own cell phones, we don't write our own novels, and we don't cook our own duck. There are some things that should be left to professionals. As it happens, we find ourselves in Syracuse once or twice a year. When we do, we know EXACTLY which professionals we want in charge of preparing our duck: The kitchen staff of BC. Without fail, the skin is perfectly crispy, the flavor is the definition of savory. The garlic mashed potatoes are all that is right about the sin of gluttony. The service is charming and articulate, the cocktails are pitch perfect, the deserts are astonishing. If you find yourself in Syracuse, EAT THERE.Special Features:
- Foodie22DAS22Dined on 6/13/2014Ambiance is splendid . You feel like you are in a funky foodie restaurant in the Syracuse artsy scene .... And you are ! Plate size perfect and cannot beat the $30 three course menu. Salmon, duck and coconut custard are recommends. Enjoy the art gallery dining room too that changes out monthly and frequent live music (just the right volume ). Nice that they so openly support local talent .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodtripfoodie18Dined on 5/24/2014If I could have given 4.5 stars I would have. The food was very good with one exception. I had the ceasar Salad and I had to pick through it to get pieces of lettuce that were not wilted and brown. The taste was good but to serve old lettuce is just poor. The rest of the meal was very good, they serve a nice bread with a very tasty oil and I had the $30/ 3 course and feel that it is a very good value. The Steak diane was perfectly cooked and the Brule delicious. Our server was great. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10 yrs on & this place still shinesOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/16/2014Had the 3 courses for $30 - 10 year anniversary menu. Lobster bisque was very nice. Crispy chicken breast in savoury jus with small amounts of potatoes, parsnips and duck confit was delicious. Coconut creme brulé to end off meal perfectly. Definitely haven't eaten this well for $30 in years!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Honest/Not Worth itSYRStudentDined on 5/10/2014My family and I selected BECAUSE restaurant based on their online menu and reasonable prices (for a special occasion). I booked nearly 3 months in advance in order to avoid the graduation rush. There was a good amount of information on the website including menu/pricing/hors etc. and even a note mentioned that in order to make a graduation weekend reservation a $25.00 deposit was needed. This was completely fine, but no where on that page or anywhere apparent, did it mention that graduation was a price fix menu (nearly $25.00 MORE than what the dishes normally costed) with menu items that were unsuitable for my family's dietary needs and preferences. The staff couldn't make adjustments and faulted us for not seeing this on the website.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2014We came for a college event for my daughter and we all enjoyed the the course dinner the crispy salmon was excellent as well as the steak and the price of $30 for the meal was very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Used to be much betterBVsailskiDined on 4/24/2014This is the fourth time to this restaurant. Hostess sat us quickly but then after 7 minutes of no one addressing us, I had to find the manager in the kitchen. The server that was eventually assigned to us was very attentive. However, the food had little to no depth of flavor, we had to add lots and lots of salt, but even then the food wasn't what it used to be.Special Features:
- Nice mealMamsterDined on 4/24/2014Went with a group of friends and was pleasantly surprised that the meal was much better than the last time we had dined at bc. We ordered from the 3 course meal for $30 menu, which was a great deal!Special Features:
- Had a great meal here andCG123Dined on 3/19/2014Had a great meal here and wait staff was excellent - very knowledgeable and very good overall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect place for a leaisurely mealSyrLocalDined on 3/10/2014I was looking for a pleasant location where I could have a leisurely dinner with a friend on a Monday evening. BC was chosen because it was open and offered appealing menu selections. We arrived early and were immediately seated and allowed to chat at length with a glass of wine until we were ready to order. The waiter was professional, friendly, and polite and checked on us frequently yet unobtrusively. When we decided to order he was extremely knowledgeable about the menu selections and guided us to the perfect entrees. My friend had the pork Osso Buco and I had the Salmon. Yum on both counts!! We had a lovely time due in no small part to the charm, good food, and excellent service our BC experience provided.Special Features:
- Nothing specialTaylorDined on 3/3/2014Went here for my anniversary, appetizer was decent, husband said his waygu burger was great. Asked for a recommendation, per our server ordered the linguini with steak and seafood sausage. House linguine was good, steak had an odd tasting marinade, and was completely unimpressed with the house made seafood sausage and marinara. Ive heard this place is usually packed, so I made a reservation(on a Monday) for 6 pm. When we arrived, it was empty. As we were leaving one other group came into the dining area and there was 4 or 5 people at the bar which is separate. The ambiance was nice, server was nice, but not anything spectacular. All in all, would probably go back for drinks, but probably not for dinner.Special Features:
- Contrary dining experience.HappydinerDined on 2/27/2014The presentation, flavor, and combinations of food was excellent. The waiter was friendly, knowledgeable, attentive, and food was delivered at a leisurely pace as it should be. The noise level for us was not bad, as we sat near a window and did not have diners surrounding us. The drawback to the experience was that seating was literally so close to other diners you had no privacy in your conversation. Most restaurants that serve this quality of food for this price allow their clients space for personal enjoyment and privacy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.