247 West Fayette St
Syracuse, NY 13202Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bcrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3157010636x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
Sunday: CLOSED; Available 7 days a week for private dining.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Wayne Cafariella
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: bc loves to take our show on the road! Call Ellen at 315-701-0636
- Private Party Facilities: *bc has a private dining room that holds up to 45
*bc has a courtyard that seats 30 in summer
*bc has community tables between bar and dining that will seat up to 16 (semi private)
*Our entire restaurant is available for private parties 7 daytimes a week and Sunday and Monday evenings.
*You can order off the menu or there are private party menus at
*bc would love to host a happy hour for your group - you get the drinks we'll serve pizza on the house!
Call Ellen at 315-701-0636
- Private Party Contact: Ellen Leahy 3157010636
- Entertainment: Thursdays - Solo/Duo Dinner Music 7:00 - 9:00 pm
Friday Night Music Series 8:00 - 11:00 pm
Check schedule here:
- Cross Street: between Franklin and Clinton
- Public Transit: bc is on Syracuse's Connective Corridor: http://connectivecorridor.syr.edu/
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Also, a well lit, very accessible parking garage across the street from bc. And, a well managed lot on the corner of Clinton and Fayette - "Tell Gary you are going to bc."
A word from bc Restaurant
bc is customer-centric modern dining!Continued
Noun: The friendly and generous reception and entertainment of guests, visitors or strangers.
Fresh ingredient and chef driven menu.
Noun: The friendly and generous reception and entertainment of guests, visitors or strangers.
Fresh ingredient and chef driven menu.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
bc Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (21)fit for foodies (17)romantic (14)neighborhood gem (12)notable wine list (8)great for outdoor dining (6)good for groups (6)hot spot (6)late-night find (3)Show More
- Excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014our waiter,Michael, extended excellent service. if we had any questions about a particular food item on the menu he happily offered us a sample to help us make our decision.He also brought us a sample of something we were considering but opted to go with another item on your menu.He gave us great explanations and recommendations. He was very personal and made our experience very memorable. I rarely go out ,but when i do this is the kind of service I look for . thank youSpecial Features:
- Always goodMclarkDined on 8/23/2014We live in Houton but always go to The BC when we come to see our daughter who is in college there. The food is fantastic and so is the service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceSpecialenough4herDined on 8/22/2014BC was perfect. I took a very beautiful girl here and was not disappointed, the service was friendly and punctual, the food was spectacular and the atmosphere was fun with just enough romance to make my night. Whether you're taking someone special or just going with friends BC is an excellent choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic restaurant!pajsantacruzDined on 8/21/2014fabulous food, excellent service, elegant decor! We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner here with family. The only downside was that it was very noisy, the acoustics of the dining room collected all the noise - it was a challenge to carry on a conversation amongst our party of 5.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014Went here for dinner recently on a Sat night and there were only a few people there. The outside dining area was very nice. The filet and lobster risotto were both excellent. The service was great and we are looking fwd to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wanted to like itapril28dcDined on 8/6/2014Extremely overpriced for what you are served. We liked the bread and the desserts.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2014One of the best fine dining restaurants in Syracuse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceAmandaDined on 7/10/2014The service at bc was excellent. Our server provided exceptional attention to our dining. Food was great. Fresh and creative dishes were paired well with the excellent wine, beer and cocktail list. bc is definitely a special occasion place. Dessert selection was a great ending to a nice meal. It is quite pricey in comparison.Special Features:
- Best 'cuse Date Night RestaurantPaulieDined on 6/21/2014From the moment you walk through the door, the experience is relaxing, professional and on-point. We sat in the back courtyard. A very urban big city feel. I forgot I was still in Syracuse for a moment. The food is amazing! The wait staff is awesome! We highly recommend the calamari small plate and the scallops (app. or entree) which are prepared differently each day. An excellent selection of wines as well. My wife and I agree, bc is the best restaurant in Syracuse, period!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect.rgooginVIPDined on 6/20/2014My wife and I have made a few conscious decisions in life: we don't drill our own cavities, we don't build our own cell phones, we don't write our own novels, and we don't cook our own duck. There are some things that should be left to professionals. As it happens, we find ourselves in Syracuse once or twice a year. When we do, we know EXACTLY which professionals we want in charge of preparing our duck: The kitchen staff of BC. Without fail, the skin is perfectly crispy, the flavor is the definition of savory. The garlic mashed potatoes are all that is right about the sin of gluttony. The service is charming and articulate, the cocktails are pitch perfect, the deserts are astonishing. If you find yourself in Syracuse, EAT THERE.Special Features:
- Foodie22DAS22Dined on 6/13/2014Ambiance is splendid . You feel like you are in a funky foodie restaurant in the Syracuse artsy scene .... And you are ! Plate size perfect and cannot beat the $30 three course menu. Salmon, duck and coconut custard are recommends. Enjoy the art gallery dining room too that changes out monthly and frequent live music (just the right volume ). Nice that they so openly support local talent .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodtripfoodie18Dined on 5/24/2014If I could have given 4.5 stars I would have. The food was very good with one exception. I had the ceasar Salad and I had to pick through it to get pieces of lettuce that were not wilted and brown. The taste was good but to serve old lettuce is just poor. The rest of the meal was very good, they serve a nice bread with a very tasty oil and I had the $30/ 3 course and feel that it is a very good value. The Steak diane was perfectly cooked and the Brule delicious. Our server was great. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 126 reviews are from the bc Restaurant reviews archive.
- 10 yrs on & this place still shinesOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/16/2014Had the 3 courses for $30 - 10 year anniversary menu. Lobster bisque was very nice. Crispy chicken breast in savoury jus with small amounts of potatoes, parsnips and duck confit was delicious. Coconut creme brulé to end off meal perfectly. Definitely haven't eaten this well for $30 in years!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Honest/Not Worth itSYRStudentDined on 5/10/2014My family and I selected BECAUSE restaurant based on their online menu and reasonable prices (for a special occasion). I booked nearly 3 months in advance in order to avoid the graduation rush. There was a good amount of information on the website including menu/pricing/hors etc. and even a note mentioned that in order to make a graduation weekend reservation a $25.00 deposit was needed. This was completely fine, but no where on that page or anywhere apparent, did it mention that graduation was a price fix menu (nearly $25.00 MORE than what the dishes normally costed) with menu items that were unsuitable for my family's dietary needs and preferences. The staff couldn't make adjustments and faulted us for not seeing this on the website.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2014We came for a college event for my daughter and we all enjoyed the the course dinner the crispy salmon was excellent as well as the steak and the price of $30 for the meal was very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Used to be much betterBVsailskiDined on 4/24/2014This is the fourth time to this restaurant. Hostess sat us quickly but then after 7 minutes of no one addressing us, I had to find the manager in the kitchen. The server that was eventually assigned to us was very attentive. However, the food had little to no depth of flavor, we had to add lots and lots of salt, but even then the food wasn't what it used to be.Special Features:
- Nice mealMamsterDined on 4/24/2014Went with a group of friends and was pleasantly surprised that the meal was much better than the last time we had dined at bc. We ordered from the 3 course meal for $30 menu, which was a great deal!Special Features:
- Had a great meal here andCG123Dined on 3/19/2014Had a great meal here and wait staff was excellent - very knowledgeable and very good overall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect place for a leaisurely mealSyrLocalDined on 3/10/2014I was looking for a pleasant location where I could have a leisurely dinner with a friend on a Monday evening. BC was chosen because it was open and offered appealing menu selections. We arrived early and were immediately seated and allowed to chat at length with a glass of wine until we were ready to order. The waiter was professional, friendly, and polite and checked on us frequently yet unobtrusively. When we decided to order he was extremely knowledgeable about the menu selections and guided us to the perfect entrees. My friend had the pork Osso Buco and I had the Salmon. Yum on both counts!! We had a lovely time due in no small part to the charm, good food, and excellent service our BC experience provided.Special Features:
- Nothing specialTaylorDined on 3/3/2014Went here for my anniversary, appetizer was decent, husband said his waygu burger was great. Asked for a recommendation, per our server ordered the linguini with steak and seafood sausage. House linguine was good, steak had an odd tasting marinade, and was completely unimpressed with the house made seafood sausage and marinara. Ive heard this place is usually packed, so I made a reservation(on a Monday) for 6 pm. When we arrived, it was empty. As we were leaving one other group came into the dining area and there was 4 or 5 people at the bar which is separate. The ambiance was nice, server was nice, but not anything spectacular. All in all, would probably go back for drinks, but probably not for dinner.Special Features:
- Contrary dining experience.HappydinerDined on 2/27/2014The presentation, flavor, and combinations of food was excellent. The waiter was friendly, knowledgeable, attentive, and food was delivered at a leisurely pace as it should be. The noise level for us was not bad, as we sat near a window and did not have diners surrounding us. The drawback to the experience was that seating was literally so close to other diners you had no privacy in your conversation. Most restaurants that serve this quality of food for this price allow their clients space for personal enjoyment and privacy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food great staff WAY TO LOUDMeandmineDined on 2/22/2014The band they had playing was great but Way to loud we couldn't talk to each other without yellingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The scallops were awesome,hopeDined on 2/22/2014The scallops were awesome, especially for a region not near wterSpecial Features:
- Delicious EscapeawesomemomDined on 2/18/2014My daughter and I dined at bc during dining week. We chose from a special menu,three courses for $25. The food was outstanding,with beautiful presentation. The only slip up was our soup was delivered to out table without spoon. The waiter did follow soon after with them,however by then the soup was lukewarm,but still delicious. The hostess was welcoming,seating us immediately ,even though we were early. The waitstaff was friendly and attentive. We never looked at the regular menu,but we will be making a return trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/18/2014Dining week at bc was very enjoyable, menu has a good selection with different entrees instead of recycling past years. Service was a bit erratic when our waiter had to have mixed up the table numbers with our neighbors. They tried to give us their entrees in the middle of our first course. The whole service was off just a bit with a long wait from entree to dessert. They were very busy though and the table mix up didnt help, but food was delicious and the martinis always great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown dining weekLs133Dined on 2/18/2014My husband and I tried this restaurant during the dining week, when you can pick three course for $25. The portions might be a bit smaller than regular entrees but it was well worth every penny. Our food was delicious! Our 1st selection was either soup or different salads. We had a choice of 4 different entrees, my husband had the pork dish with risotto. I had the red meat with a blueberry sauce and garlic mashed. I normally don't order a sirloin but a filet and I usually don't eat the potatoes but both were tender, flavorful and size was perfect. Because next was desert. This was excellent. We had a choice of a flourless chocolate torte or a cream puff. Both were so beautiful we had to take a picture. Service was excellent, very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bc rocks!McGuireDined on 2/18/2014We had a family dinner at bc on February 19. Nice decor, yummy dinners, and very good service throughout the evening. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food!EuphwomanDined on 2/15/2014I had the filet and my husband had the pork. Both were cooked to perfection and excellently paired with a bottle of red wine. The staff is friendly, courteous, and knowledgeable. We will definitely have a repeat of date night out at this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty but over pricedBrandyeDined on 2/15/2014Portions small and prices high but it did taste good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewKatieDined on 2/14/2014We were a little disappointed with the fixed menu due to the special occasion of Valentines daySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A romantic Valentine's DayDrJAielloDined on 2/14/2014We are always pleased to dine at bc. On this particular occasion - Valentine's Day - we were treated to a six course dinner that was unusual as well as suited to the day. Staff were, per usual, extremely friendly and efficient. This restaurant is one of our favorite venues in the City of Syracuse. My only problem with bc is that they do not have an espresso machine; but this seems to be the trend for many fine restaurants throughout the United States. Evidently, the cost of such a machine and the need to upkeep it is something that many fine eateries do not want to invest in. But, as I understand it, they will be adopting French presses soon.Special Features:
- V-Day Dinner1WingedAngelDined on 2/14/2014I recently took my girlfriend to BC for a Valentine's Day dinner. We showed up 10-15 min early, but were seated within 5 min. Service was exceptional with friendly staff, and even though the restaurant was busy, the wait for appetizers, entrees, ect. was very reasonable. There was live music, which was tasteful, and that did not drown out other sounds within the restaurant. Food was great, as always, and my girlfriend who had never been there before couldn't stop commenting on how good the food and wine was. The bill was pricey, but you get what you pay for, which was a fantastic and memorable dinner. I recommend BC to anyone I talk to looking for a nice, fancy restaurant in the Syracuse area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Pulling for ThemDwdtfs1Dined on 2/14/2014I have been a patron of this restaurant for the past three years. The atmosphere is wonderful and he bar is upscale yet laid back. Unfortunately the service (beyond the hostess, who is always excellent) is very slow and not attentive to the needs of patrons on a regular basis. I do not blame this on the waiters and waitresses. It appears that the service model is taught and expected by the chef or manager. The meals I have had are slightly above average with an above average price tag. I really want this non-chain locally owned restaurant to do well but they need to go out and have some dining experiences at other local and chain locations and reinvent their approach to service and food.Special Features:
- underwhelmingralphmellishDined on 2/14/2014server kind and friendly.did fine job.tho plenty of food overall, course portions smaller than should be for price.very overpriced.mine and dates dishes not clean for most courses.salmon overcooked.vegetable puff pastry had one small strip of brie only.too much oil/garlic used in preparation.raw garlic taste.pavlova dessert dried out.could not cut through with fork.just mangled it and gave up.salads carelessly thrown together/insubstantial.I get it.Holiday volume a tough thing.I work in similar style restaurant but gotta try harder here.two dinners two drinks $190 total bill after gratuity.Not even close to worth it.bread and butter was good/reservation was handled professionally.Sorry lots of room for improvement.Cannot recommend to others
- So-So Valentine's DaytrixieDined on 2/14/2014Valentine's Day is probably not a day to rate a restaurant with all the demands being put on the kitchen. But, overall my husband and I felt the meal was just average.
- BC restaurant: A special treat!701dineDined on 2/14/2014We knew we were in for a treat as the warm bread and butter that was ready to spread. My wife Deb sampled the bread and was very pleased. Our entrees were outstanding. Deb had the salmon and I had the chicken. If course the waiter recommended a great wine for our meal. That experience led us to go back during our recent visit back to Syracuse on Valentines Day. We were lucky to be seated in the same area as before and the waiter was just as good if not better. The pre fixe menu was outstanding. The deep sea scallop was outstanding and very satisfying. The lobster bisque and entrees were excellent! The dessert was unique and very satisfying. We had to run to catch the play The whipping man at the Syracuse Stage. What an outstanding night!Special Features:
- Great dinnerJenlyDined on 2/12/2014I've dined at this restaurant several times, they've never missed. Food is always excellent, service is top notch, atmosphere is fun and inviting, but not crazy. I go there with other adults to get away from my kids, so not a recommendation for young children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try it againPBSEHSDined on 2/8/2014We haven't been to bc in quite some time as our last two experiences were less than stellar. A friend suggested we try agai and we were pleasantly surprised. The menu was varied and interesting. The service was attentive and the food was excellent. The noise level when we arrived at 7PM was high due to a large table of diners in t-shirts and jeans who obviously didn't realize they were in an upscale restaurant. Please remember, this is not Tullys.Special Features:
- Fresh and uniqueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/6/2014Wonderful and creative entrees, fresh! The risotto is to die for - the salads fresh and the dressings marvelous. We enjoyed the scallop specials and lobster salad. The hostess and servers are knowledgable and professional, pacing as we wanted. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some of the best food in SyracuseQuireQween4Dined on 1/25/2014We had an early dinner there and it was very quiet. The service was top notch, but the food was the big winner of the evening. Had a delicious duck breast on a bed of polenta with red cabbage and turnip crisps on top. It was a complex and very satisfying combination of flavors and textures. My husband had a very yummy (and rich) scallop dish with a carbonara sauce on pasta. The warm buns are made there and are buttery and delicious. Stole a bite of my husband's creme brulée - best I have ever had. I recommend this restaurant very highly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.