525 E Cooper Ave, Suite 201
Aspen, CO 81611Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bbskitchen.com/
- Phone: 9704298284
- Hours of Operation:
Happy Hour: 3:30-5
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt Zubrod
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Adjacent to bb's, is bb's Lounge. With a complete bar, fire place, and a capacity of 40 people, hosting any type of private dining event is available.
- Private Party Contact: Christina Garrigues 9704298284x
A word from bb's
bb’s has a lot to talk about this season! Beloved Chef Matt Zubrod now heads the kitchen, bringing fresh, classic cuisine with a twist to lunch and dinner. Lunch service returns for the summer, allowing diners to enjoy the gorgeous patio all day. At bb’s, Zubrod will serve up dinner dishes such as Hamachi Sashimi on Salt Brick, Kale and Brussels Salad, Colorado Striped Bass and Flat Iron Steak with Watercress, Artichoke, Tomato & Fingerling Potato Salad. The lunch menu includes Pulled Chicken-Cherry Salad, Kale & Quinoa Caesar and Farm Fresh Egg Omelets.The focus at bb’s is on interesting, fun, sophisticated dining. Come taste the passion!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
bb's - Best Restaurants in Aspen ›
bb's reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (28)fit for foodies (17)scenic view (10)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (7)special occasion (6)notable wine list (5)romantic (4)hot spot (4)neighborhood gem (3)good for groups (2)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Food out-shown servicediscerningdinerVIPDined on 9/11/2014Dining in the shelf season can be misrepresentative of the true nature of a restaurant -- or uncover the flaws present, which just get overlooked during peak season. First, let me say, the food was excellent. The tuna tartare tacos, were not your typical mushy, flavorless mound of flesh. The flavors were actually very subtle, yet complex. I think this characterizes all of the dishes we had (butternut risotto -- deliciously savory, satisfying, yet light. Shrimp paperdelle with peas and pancetta -- big succulent shrimp in a nice delicate broth) I guess my only culinary complaint is that I felt both seafood dishes could benefit from some acid. The service -- well thats another story -- only 5 other tables, yet waited plenty! No excuse, really.Special Features:
- ExpensiveJuanguruizDined on 9/11/2014The restaurant has a very elegant decor. The servers were nice, but I dont undersatand why, when you walk in, and you see the restaurant empty, the first thing it come to their mouth is: do you have a reservarion? Yes I do in this case, but i find this annoying. The place is dead, they should just give us a table regardless. The food was ok. The presentation was exccellent, but wasnt big on flavor. We had the Antelope, since we never ate that before, and it was very good, except the spinach they put on the plate, it was little bit bitter. The wine selection was big, the starting price was in the $40. Deserts were good. If you want to try new things I do recommend it, but they can improve in the flavors.
- Excellent DiningTomSVIPDined on 9/4/2014We visited BB's for a romantic dinner on an off-season evening. The corn chowder with lobster meat appetizer was especially memorable. The entire meal for both of us was well prepared and beautifully presented. The service was excellent as well. We had a very enjoyable evening here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great small platesMlsfVIPDined on 8/22/2014I ate at bb's twice while in Aspen. Food was consistently great - interesting selection and well prepared. Service was friendly if a bit confused. Happy hour the next day was a great deal- $5 glasses of wine and snacks. Lots of outdoor seating with good views of the mountain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/20/2014Wonderful chef who has transformed the menu. Great variety of selections, excellent food taste and presentation. Waitress/bartender cocktails superb.Special Features:
- Service ChallengedLuvfreshandlightVIPDined on 8/9/2014While the food was very good, the service was lacking.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014Decent dinner, however our waitress/bartender was not very good. She was slow with some of the drink orders and generally unfriendly. She did never smiled or attempted to be polite. Possibly she was having a bad day. At the end of dinner the server added $15.00 extra to the credit card charges that was not on our final bill. She did not mention the changes even though she increased the amount on the credit card bill. When I inquired about this she stated she forgot to add our coffee to the bill. I did not appreciate that she failed to mention the change in the bill. We are locals and have been to BB's many times. Hopefully our next experience will be better.Special Features:
- Amazing dinner and service!jenlovesfoodDined on 7/21/2014To celebrate my fiance's birthday, we dined outdoors at bb's, which has a fantastic view of the surrounding mountains. The server, Chris, was exceptional; he was able to make recommentations, all with the right touch of humor and class. The menu was unique and the food had perfect layers of flavors that added to the overall experience. I highly recommend bb's for foodies and people who are looking for something different - you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Always delicious season to seasonWorldtravellerVIPDined on 7/20/2014The food at bb's is always delicious, and I have sampled many entrees over the years. The staff is friendly and efficient whether you're eating inside or out on the spacious deck. It's fun and intimate, and a great place to have a party. They often change the menu items depending on the season, and always have fresh fish choices with inventive preparations. This is a local favorite that visitors would be lucky to find!Special Features:
- Interesting food.CGM14Dined on 7/11/2014Great service, but not sure the menu does the entres justice. Lobster pasta was fantastic. Roasted chicken was outstanding. The salmon on the pureed peas was good, but would have been better with a more substantial side. Great service.Special Features:
- DisappointedrrmangiaVIPDined on 7/6/2014We wanted to have a nice dinner before a drive back to Denver after a great July 4th weekend. Unfortunately the food really came up short. Two of us got the special clam/lobster bake and it was a border line disaster. The lobster bisque soup was completely flavorless. The main course of lobster and clams was ok but nothing special. The dessert was terrible. It was billed as a blueberry cobbler and tasted more like a dry blueberry muffin. I saw other diners sending it back. We also ordered creme brûlée and sent that back because it was awful. Our waitress said she would take it off the bill and didn't.Special Features:
- okay, very nice staffalexVIPDined on 7/1/2014I went there because it had been well-reviewed and was surprised that the food was not better. The staff were very nice and it was gret to eat outdoors. They also didn't have the things they listed as having on the menu-twice that happened. It was fine.
- Aspen charmcarmelrezDined on 6/20/2014This is one of those terrific Aspen restaurants that serves excellent food in a relaxed and attractive environment. We had a great experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful meal.SmittyDined on 6/3/2014Had a wonderful time. Food was very good and somewhat unusual and inventive. Server was terrific. Had a nice outdoor table with great views.Special Features:
- The following 151 reviews are from the bb's reviews archive.
- tapas gemchinacatVIPDined on 4/18/2014Having changed their menu from a traditional appetizer Soup or Salad and entree to a set of tapas dishes while preserving some of the best dishes from the original menu makes BB'S a place to go for sharing a nice evening with a group of people or just a pleasant evening with your spouse or significant other.Special Features:
- Best for SharingbobbitDined on 3/29/2014b.b.'s menu is primarily small plates and samplings. It's best for sharing dishes with friends. There's a good variety. We shared the roasted sardines, pierogies 3 ways, kale and sprouts salad (delicious), and shrimp toast. A great way to get a number of different tastes and cuisines at one time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceMtbikerDined on 3/22/2014My wife and I were attending a late night jazz concert so we were looking for a place to have a light meal and a glass of wine. We had never eaten at BB's even though we are long time Aspen locals. What a find! The tapas were outstanding and the wine list extensive. It was one of the best meals we have enjoyed in a long time. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tastes as good as it looksWorldtravellerVIPDined on 3/19/2014The new tasting menu is refreshingly tasty, some new additions that really fill the bill. The staff is spot on wine selecting, and the waiter was helpful with how much to order. Everything was fresh and flavorful, and we did linger as long as we wanted at the table. Good place to have conversation and enjoy your food at reasonable pace.Special Features:
- Everything is excellent fromsgartVIPDined on 3/13/2014Everything is excellent from the many appetizers to desserts. This is one of the best restaurants I. Aspen. The atmosphere is cozy and very chic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We liked the changeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/4/2014We had heard that the menu had changed to tapas at BBs. We had been in the past yrs with old menu and liked it and not being a big fan of tappas we weren't sure. We had a large group of people who like to try new new food but also have favorites. Ordering was abit of a circus but our waitstaff was patient ,easy going and attentive. The food was great as usual.Nice size portions although some dishes were such favorites of the whole table we had to order seconds.When we did they came out very quickly. I'm not sure we would have enjoyed this as much if we were just a couple.Half the fun was ordering so many dishes. We will be back next year on our annual trek to AspenSpecial Features:
- great menuOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/21/2014The restaurant has a unique menu with a lot of small plates. Everything we ordered was great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!!SmaxVIPDined on 2/15/2014We thoroughly enjoyed this restaurant. Everything is small plates and the 6 of us shared about 15 wonderful dishes. All excellent and a great variety. We especially loved the lamb meatballs, the roasted oysters, the flatbread with chorizo , the salmon cones, and the boudin. Oh and desserts were fabulous. Service was excellent. You can't go wrong. It can get pricey, like many fine Aspen restaurants, but bb's belongs with the top restaurants on town.Special Features:
- HORRIBLE MENU but great foodGKapDined on 2/12/2014Went 3x last year and LOVED it. Menu changed this season and it's horrible! 7 adults and we all ordered the same thing because it was only decent item on menu. Food was still excellent but menu needs to go back to previous. Service very nice and accommodating. Did I mention how bad the new menu is!!!
- Where are all the people?SporaskyVIPDined on 2/7/2014Creative tapas menu. Decent wine list. Prices high by Aspen standards--not a hot spot for dinner. Almost empty on Friday night is never a good sign. But the food was fun, well prepared, creative although portions were small even by the "small plate" standards. Why the techno music was blaring was somewhat disconcerting but the service was great. We had a bottle of wine on special three plates and a desert and somehow bill was $200. We have been there for lunch in the summer and sat outside and it was great. Hope they make some price and portions adjustments and build a clientele.Special Features:
- Special Chef SurprisesAspenvisitor2Dined on 2/5/2014Attentive service with a unique menu. We met Executive Chef Katie (who was on Food Network's Iron Chef) and she sent out surprises between courses. We tried the perogies 3 ways, roasted oysters and the lamb meatballs - all were amazing! The spare ribs were too spicy for my taste, but my husband loved them. Wait staff was very good. Nice experience. We have been at Jose Andres tapas restaurant in Las Vegas a few times - and this place has better service and food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different MenubobbitDined on 1/25/2014The menu was a bit difficult to figure out. Most of the dishes are small plates meant for sharing. There is a limited amount of entrees. Entrees consist of just one item (e.g. salmon). No sides come with the entree so all sides are an extra cost. Unless you order a number of dishes, you'll probably leave a bit hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Imaginative menu, great presentatioOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/22/2014Imaginative menu, great presentation and everything was delicious-highly recommend!Special Features:
- Great and interesting foodPopsVIPDined on 1/21/2014Well worth a visit to sample creative and innovative cuisine with a small, but very interesting wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprised.AllenDined on 1/19/2014Enjoyed ourselves very much. Love the small plates concept. Excellent wine list. Want to come back and try the outside seating.Special Features:
- Unique in AspenBBTravelerVIPDined on 1/10/2014This is a great spot in Aspen that I recently discovered. It has more of a tapas style menu sampling several different cuisines across the country and world. Try the lamb meatballs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Change in menuLVMummyVIPDined on 1/5/2014Was always my favorite on Aspen. Looking forward to scallops, risotto etc. they have changed the menu. Only 5 normal entrees & lots of small plates trying to be too exoticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- small platesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/4/2014The new small plate menu is great for sharing and generating more conversation at the dinner table!Special Features:
- Great Food!JDinDCVIPDined on 1/1/2014We loved the food here. Every dish was fresh, creative and delicious. The service was good - and our server used to be a chef, so he was great about describing he dishes and their preparation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years Eve ExperiencePMFCDined on 12/31/2013Sat through an 8 course meal that was delicious with every plate. Staff was extremely attentive and offered to hold our food so we could watch the fireworks from their back deck. The restaurant was on the smaller side, but accommodated at least one large group, a smaller group or two, and multiple couples that night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialCarloVIPDined on 12/30/2013The quality of the good is not great considering the price ... Don't take the flatbread: it's terrible!
- RecommendedJulesDined on 12/29/2013Attractive stylish restaurant. Fun to share creative and tasty food and small plates. Nice and accommodating service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poorly Conceived and ExecutedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/28/2013I think I understand what the owners/chef are trying to achieve. Problem is that the dishes are, in our opinion, poorly conceived and poorly executed. For example, they managed to ruin what might have been perfectly reasonable beef tartar with an entirely inappropriate honey mustard sauce. Huh? Another example: They managed to smoother braised short rib meat with some kind of heavy cream sauce which swamped the flavor of the beef, and then to make matters worse, overcooked the whole affair and wound up with the first dried out short ribs I've ever had.
- Portions were small...Showers0416Dined on 12/26/2013and the food was hit and miss. The green Papaya salad had no green Papaya that we could detect. The staff suggested that it was green Papaya "inspired". The beet salad and kale salad were nice, but the Calamari was soggy. The service was just friendly but not overly efficient.Special Features:
- 6-course Christmas DinnermarkeyDined on 12/25/20136-course Christmas Dinner was outstanding! Deconstructed beef wellington the BEST I have ever had! Creative Executive Chef is clearly a rising star!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MenuAspendeanVIPDined on 12/17/2013B B has a new menu which is very exotic. We enjoyed the small plates and the service was responsive.