bb's restaurant and bar
1019 Hendricks Ave
Jacksonville, FL 32207Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
bb's restaurant and bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bbsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (904) 306-0100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - midnight Saturday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Joshua Agan
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from bb's restaurant and bar
Consistently voted one of the best restaurants in Northeast Florida, bb's restaurant and bar never ceases to please and surprise the palate of discerning diners, locals, and visitors alike. We are conveniently located in Jacksonville's South Bank Area, mere minutes from Historic San Marco and the downtown business district. Our award-winning wine list, creative daily specials and house-made desserts will have you return for more. Whether you are seeking a groovy place to unwind after work, or one world cuisine with an eclectic flare before enjoying an evening at the symphony, bb's restaurant and bar is definitely the place to be.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
bb's restaurant and bar - Best Restaurants in Jacksonville ›
bb's restaurant and bar reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (68)neighborhood gem (58)special occasion (46)hot spot (37)great for lunch (35)notable wine list (32)romantic (27)good for groups (24)great for brunch (12)late-night find (12)vibrant bar scene (12)great for outdoor dining (9)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Always a good choice...DivemastermarkDined on 11/22/2014We enjoy bb's on a semi-regular basis, and this visit was no different -- service with a smile and great menu choices. We enjoyed the crispy calamari and then had the goat cheese salad and a daily special of char-grilled swordfish. Save room for dessert -- we had the chocolate mocha cake, which was much lighter than it looked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FaB my husband is still talking about his mealMaryFDined on 11/21/2014Fab ! Interesting menu And a bakery! Let me get this written, "the best coconut cake on the planet". Y'all know I'm a coconut cake connoisseur, this one is superb. Duck wanton was tasty, and stacked with wanton crisps. My husband is over the moon and still talking about the pork tenderloin he had. Now, I make a mean pork tenderloin. So this didsh was some serious good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server was rudeTryingNewPlacesDined on 11/21/2014I really liked the restaurant. I do plan to come back. It's a romantic atmosphere. Lots of couples and foursomes. The tables were a little too close together which made conversation a bit dicey. Our server was a bit on the rude side. We were bothering him when we would ask for anything then he would purposely take his time getting our request.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not sure about the new menu item: pork tenderloinSojournerDined on 11/15/2014It did not have the flavor or consistency of a pork tenderloin. In fact, I would have said it was ham if given a blind taste test. Maybe it was meant to have a cured, salty taste but is was not what I was expecting, We enjoyed our evening but disappointed in the pork tenderloin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2014We arrived 1 hour before our reservation and they were able to seat us. Every table in the restaurant was filled! Their menu changes daily, but we had the Ahi Tuna with Ox tail. It was delicious! We finished off with the coconut cake, which was also very good. Only negatives were the tables are a bit close to each other and you can hear others conversations. The noise level can get a little bit loud with all the people eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUM!untamed58VIPDined on 11/15/2014WOW!!! INCREDIBLE. That's all I have to say about that!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/7/2014My nonprofit hosted a performing artist and some local experts for an early dinner. The service was great and the food was outstanding. I even had a good zinfandel by the glass, and one of my guests said that his martini was the real thing, which is difficult to find. It is not particularly quiet, but we were able to conduct conversation without issue. I had not been to the restaurant in a while, and I was very impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greasy night at BB'sNanseeVIPDined on 11/6/2014As a local diner for last 19 years, BBs has been consistently reliable. Tonight was a train wreck. Service slow and off from the beginning to the end. Ordered sparkling water, waitress brought Voss still. Ordered plain salad jo dressing, arrived bathed in dressing. Ordered large Caesar with grilled shrimp, arrived with very greasy blackened shrimp, ordered Plain grilled Pork loin, which was fab week before and plain green vegetable, arrived with plate of tough pork and greasy overcooked asparagus vegetables. Carrot cake was gargantuan and tasty and my plain 1/2 c vanilla ice cream had ice crystals in it. Obviously it was an off night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceJBChicagoDined on 11/5/2014My friend must have told 30 people about the duck won tons...and they were good. Calamari was light and tasty with a light, creamy, tasty sauce. Salmon salad was excellent. Service was impeccable. Nice lighting and you can hear who you are talking to.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceGerryVIPDined on 10/28/2014Always great food and a great experience!!! WE frequent BBs on a regular basis and are always pleased. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- The "Great Escape" from work!TheFoodieInMeDined on 10/28/2014If you find yourself searching for a lunch spot at the request of your boss who is unepectedly driving into town, then bb's restaurant and bar is certainly worth the look. Escape the confines of work and enjoy great daily specials coupled with excellent lunch selections and and away of delicious desserts like the croissant bread pudding to send you on your way. With a comfortable atmosphere, seating outside in the FL sunshine and a friendly knowledgable staff, decisions are made faster and easier and never disappoint. Don't expect to get much work discussion in when the food arrives; everyone will enjoy having their mouth full and a smile on their face.Special Features:
- Fantastic, great specialtiy dishes!KrysVIPDined on 10/25/2014Great wine list and cheese selection, Server was excellent, food delicious, great craft cocktails, impressive dessert selection, and vibrant atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor servicefish6735Dined on 10/25/2014I thought the food good but over priced. Grilled herb marinated prime pork flat-iron steak (AKA pork chop!) at $24 and Pan roasted North Carolina (what's wrong with local caught??) Flounder at $30. I think they charge by the number of words in the title of the meal. Service was very slow. Was ready to order dinner before we were even asked about drinks. Waited over 15 minutes for a drink from the bar. Wife wanted dessert. Was told there are no menus, just go to the dessert display and pick out what you want. She did, and it still took the almost 15 minutes to bring it to the table. Definately not a quiet romantic type of place. Was not thrilled with this restaurant. Will not go back for dinner.
- Good but noisyLPMdDined on 10/25/2014Would have given 5 stars but it was noisy, as has been noted by others. Pretty place but the noise really takes away from the ambiance.Special Features:
- great cakeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014my 24 yr old daughter chose BBs and that was a great choice, the cake was almost too pretty to eat, almostSpecial Features:
- bbs is definitely a place to go!asaintlyroseDined on 10/24/2014Food was great and the desert, was amazing. Brought some friends visiting from Australia and they were definitely satisfied. Will go back again..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service > FoodDrFrozenDined on 10/24/2014If you are seeking a place where service matters more than the food you receive, bb's may be your place. My food was by no means terrible; it was quite palatable, but it lacked a certain memorable quality. The pizza was serviceable, but my girlfriend's pork fillet faired much better. The pork was tender and juicy, but I feel it lacked an added touch of flavor. While the food was less than memorable, the service was quite the opposite. Our server was attentive and helpful, even on a packed and noisy Friday night. I think if I were in the area, I would find myself going back, but I'm in no great hurry. I don't believe the food suited the expense, even with the fast and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/24/2014Four of us enjoyed bbs twice on the same day -- for dinner before the symphony and for cappuccino thereafter. The crab cake sandwich and Mediterranean chicken salad were as good as ever and the German chocolate cake and the dark chocolate flourless cake proved to be excellent choices for our "decadent desserts." As usual, service was prompt and pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2dineluvgreatserviceDined on 10/21/2014This is a great place for business luncheon as well as after work happy hour and appitzers... Great place to dine for anniversary, birthdays, business clinents... After hours for desserts and coffee. The food here is wonderful! and the wait staff does not get any better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeAaroninho13Dined on 10/18/2014The service was perfect and the food was incredible. The dessert just even made it more enjoyable. I would come back here every other week!Special Features:
- A Hot Spot for sure!BHolbrookJax7Dined on 10/17/2014My husband and I decided to dine at BB's since we were headed downtown (from the beaches) to see the Garth Brooks concert (and we had a Teal Deal's which is always a plus). We haven't been to BB's in years, but so glad that we went. The service was phenomenal - our server (and I wish now I remembered his name) knew that we only had an hour before having to head to the concert. We ordered two appetizers - the stuffed bruschetta and the crab cakes. Both were delicious. My husband ordered the flounder dish and it was a very nice portion and beautiful presentation . He loved it. I had the chicken dish with the au gratin potatoes (which I rarely have and I shared). The chicken was moist and tasty, as well as the potatoes. Just fantastic!Special Features:
- Consistently a quality lunch spotGroovyDined on 10/17/2014The food and service are consistently of high quality. The restaurant can be a little tightly packed and loud at lunch, if you want to engage in a private conversation.Special Features:
- GroovycarolDined on 10/16/2014A delightful recommendation from our cab driver when we asked him to take us to either BB or river Marina. Great Prix fixe menu with solid alternatives and good wines. Incredible desserts and simply excellent.Special Features:
- Nice Dinner OutDawneDined on 10/16/2014We went for our daughter's 21st birthday. The wine and mixed drinks were very good, and our server was knowledgeable about the wine list. We had a cheese plate as an appetizer, and it was fantastic. The server anticipated our need for more bread. We then ordered from the Prix Fixe menu, and split the appetizer, dinner & dessert between the three of us. Nobody left hungry, but it might have been the two bottles of wine ... Daughter's birthday recognition was low-key and classy -- just a "Happy Birthday" written prettily in chocolate sauce on her dessert plate. No singing/clapping servers, happily. Parking lot on site with free parking. We enthusiastically recommend bb's for a nice night out in Jacksonville!Special Features:
- Dinner with friendsGigiDined on 10/11/2014It's always enjoyable to dine at bb's. Food is always delicious and service attentive. My other 3 dinner companions enjoyed their dinners very much and the fried green tomatoes "blt" appetizer was outstanding as always. My dinner this time was not as tasty as usual. I had the cobia dinner and it really didn't have much flavor and the cobia did not taste fresh. I was disappointed, which is the first time ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- finediningDined on 10/10/2014The service and meal were excellent! This is a great restaurant to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:
- Food is goodExquisiteDined on 10/10/2014All is really good and the portions are big and the prices are reasonables I loved the coconut cakeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BESTGREATDined on 10/9/2014Food - Fabulous Beau (waiter) the BEST Did I mention food is Yummy? Leave room for dessert - OUT OF THIS WORLD! Bread Pudding, cakes...sooO good...they are GREAT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding new findDianeplus2Dined on 10/8/2014This was my whole parties first time dining with the restaurant and we definitely were not disappointed. We didn't have to wait at all and they noted that we did have reservations right when we walked in. The waiter was very professional and knew his material. There were 3 people in our party so each of us ate one of each of the options on the special menu. The food was delicious! I ate the salad for by appetizer, for my main course I ate the chief's pasta which was amazing, the flourless rocky road cake was a little to rich for me but the bread pudding was outstanding! I really enjoyed my time. Thank you for the great hospitality.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/8/2014My girlfriend and I celebrated my birthday with dinner at bb's. The food was very delicious. We enjoyed the grilled salmon salad and we snacked on crab cakes. Mallory was a dynamic waitress. She was so friendly and accommodating. She made our visit quite enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConfuseddubealoneDined on 10/3/2014The staff was very accommodating as we arrived early for our reservation. We appreciated that. My husband's dinner was very good, the salad as well that we shared. Mine was confusing, it tasted okay but the description did not match the plate at all. I would not have ordered it if I had seen the dish. Pork loin is not a flat-iron cut. I think they are a little "frou-frou" in their descriptions of the dinners. That being said, I will go back for appetizers and small plates as well as pizza. It was also very noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Many good places: bb's our favoriteJaxJMDined on 10/3/2014My wife and I have lived in Jacksonville for almost three decades now, and we've had the chance to sample many nice restaurants- Marker 34, Bistro Aix, La Cena, Taverna- but our go-to favorite is bb's. It is a wonderful blend of fun and fancy, of fine and casual dining. The food is magnificent, the service attentive but never intrusive, and while it's not cheap it's priced fairly for the level of food and experience. The only caution I would give is that it's small, and the sleek, clean, modern interior can cause it to be a little loud. To me, that translates as a "fun" vibe, but those who want to be able to whisper at dinner might choose somewhere else. Oh, and save room for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winnerDivemastermarkDined on 9/30/2014It was the first visit for my date, but I'm pretty sure we'll be going back. As always, the menu is inventive and appealing. Service is always attentive and every visit to the table comes with a smile. Don't forget to save room for dessert!Special Features:
- BB'sHannahDined on 9/27/2014This was our first dining experience at bb's. We had a late night dinner after the symphony, sat outside in the quietness of the evening with beautiful music, had fantastic wine at great prices, and indulged in well prepared and beautifully presented small dishes, all of which were quite pleasing to the palate!! We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good with one negativeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014The food and service here were great. It was a little loud but I can overlook that downside. The one negative is that the restaurant added an 18% tip on my bill and my party was only 3 people. I normally tip 20% so the server missed out. I just do not understand the automatic tip on such a small party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014BB's is always super delicious and has fantastic wait staff. I have been going to BB's and its sister restaurant Biscotti's since opening. Their salads are my favorite and it is a great place for a girls lunch. I am excited to have them catering my upcoming wedding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/26/2014Very good spot before a show or concert. You can dine lite or a full meal with wonderful food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and service-a little loudPeteDined on 9/20/2014I've been there several times for lunch but this was my first time for dinner. The food and service were very good, but it was very loud in the restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Food. Bad Service.IlovetoDineDined on 9/16/2014We where not greeted when we walked in. Some kid with some weird mustache who wasn't very outgoing finally came up to us. He seemed agitated when we asked him for a window seat. Service was even worse. We had been to Biscotti's many times with great service, this was different. It took ten minutes to be greeted. Server didn't introduce himself, didn't go over the menu, didn't refill drinks, and didn't prebuss at all. We where the first ones in the restaurant and it wasn't busy at all. Go to Biscotti's, much better service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Favorite RestaurantJamesDined on 9/13/2014I love this place. The food was very creative and just flat out delicious! Service was great too. Definitely my new favorite restaurant in Jacksonville. We'll be back soon.Special Features: