bb's restaurant and bar
1019 Hendricks Ave
Jacksonville, FL 32207Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
bb's restaurant and bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bbsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9043060100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - midnight Saturday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Joshua Agan
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from bb's restaurant and bar
Consistently voted one of the best restaurants in Northeast Florida, bb's restaurant and bar never ceases to please and surprise the palate of discerning diners, locals, and visitors alike. We are conveniently located in Jacksonville's South Bank Area, mere minutes from Historic San Marco and the downtown business district. Our award-winning wine list, creative daily specials and house-made desserts will have you return for more. Whether you are seeking a groovy place to unwind after work, or one world cuisine with an eclectic flare before enjoying an evening at the symphony, bb's restaurant and bar is definitely the place to be.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
bb's restaurant and bar - Best Restaurants in Jacksonville ›
bb's restaurant and bar reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (63)neighborhood gem (49)special occasion (44)great for lunch (32)notable wine list (25)romantic (24)hot spot (18)good for groups (15)great for brunch (10)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We enjoyed our meal here. Very cozy and stylish place. Our steaks were cooked just like we ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Atmosphere Good FoodJaxgourmet2014Dined on 8/23/2014I enjoyed the lively spirit and friendliness of the restaurant. We enjoyed a fun laid back girls night. The grilled chicken sandwich was juicy and flavorful. My friend's crab cake was full of tender crab and cooked to perfection . I will definitely go back. Our server Leah was knowledgeable and funSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Very Goodlike2eatDined on 8/22/2014Small and loud but very good food and great dessertsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible mealbarnguyVIPDined on 8/18/2014One if the best meals we've had in the south as we traveled in GA and FL. Menu changes regularly so definitely worth a return tripSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love BB'sMuloRomanoDined on 8/16/2014The food ia amazing and the service is awesome. I went to Eat Up Downtown JacksonvilleSpecial Features:
- TERRIBLE MEALTERRIBLEDined on 8/16/2014Terrible meal...Mine and my other guests' grouper was served basically raw...i sent it back and it still came back raw...a good chef would of properly cooked our meal the first time. The waiter seemed mad we didn't eat it..Really bad meal.Special Features:
- Bb's exceeded every expectationBigkeeksDined on 8/14/2014I brought my girlfriend here to celebrate a year and a half, and I was a little worried after booking that we would be overdressed or that the atmosphere wasn't going to be romantic enough. I was pleasantly surprised when we walked into the dining room which is causally elegant. Our server Chris was very polite, enthusiastic and gave us some appropriate recommendations which we were happy to take. He was there to fill our glasses right on time and set the table before each course. We both got the 3 course prixe fixe, my girlfriend had the half chicken and I had the pork flat iron. Both were delicious, and the portions were more than adequate. However the best part may have been the homemade desserts! We will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but no WOW!JRJAXFLDined on 8/12/2014We have tried bb's a half dozen times over the years and thought we'd try it one more time. Food was all competent - but nothing memorable or something that you would have to come back for. Needs improvement in seasoning overall. However there is one exception - desserts - both our crossiant bread pudding with ice cream and the cheese cake were very good. Would stop for dessert and after dinner drinks. Love the feel of the restaurant.
- Great for Brunch-Better for DinnerGoBeach56Dined on 8/9/2014We've always eaten here for brunch or lunch but decided to try it out for dinner. Glad we did. Everything was exceptional. All the main entrees had very unique - but delicious - combinations of ingredients. At our table we had the Wahoo, duck and flat-iron pork entrees. Be sure to save room for desserts - the world's biggest slices! BBs has got a good thing going - whether it's lunch, brunch or dinner. Service was good but be sure and make reservations - things get a little crowded for dinner.Special Features:
- BB's is greatBBsisgreatDined on 8/9/2014I took my older teen daughters for brunch on our way in to Jacksonville, on the advice of my husband who has been raving about it for years! We made a reservation for lunch but didn't need it @11am on a Saturday. Everything was really great. The polenta sticks appetizer really stood out. It's got a cool atmosphere, and I'd recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Wifes favorite restaurant.tomdidDined on 8/8/2014The food is a little fancy for my tastes but everything was delicous. Often in places like this the portions are small but not here. I left stuffed to the gills. I deffinetly would recomend this restaurant to freinds, family and strangers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodsuzanneDined on 8/7/2014We had eaten here for lunch about a year ago. We decided to try it for an anniversary dinner. (We were in town for the Jaguar pre-season game.) We were not disappointed. We tried one of their specialty cocktails...the cucumber mojito is to DIE for! And as full as we were we had to have a dessert. Hard to resist as the dessert case is in the restaurant. I highly recommend this restaurant, for lunch and/or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BB'sDMacDined on 8/2/2014This was my first time at BB's and the food was very good! I have to make special mention about the dessert choices that are out of this world and surely a diet wrecker! Our server was very attentive and the atmosphere was very pleasant. I will definitely go again!Special Features:
- A must try...CJFoodiesDined on 8/2/2014I've eaten at bb's many times and it NEVER disappoints. Whether you are looking for a few drinks and apps or a full meal, they have something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above Average for JacksonvilleDFA3VIPDined on 7/26/2014Casual bistro food and atmosphere. The food is a bit adventurous for Jacksonville and adequately executed. The room is very lively and tables are very close together. Service was average ( ours was a bit forgetful, but cheerful) overall it's pretty good but very pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food, Service not so muchNNNK21Dined on 7/21/2014Great selection of entrees, salads and appetizers. Desserts are amazing. Service is hit or miss. Unfortunately my last time at BB's we sat for 25 minutes while our server took care of everyone else. It would have been nice to be acknowledged or at least get an apology when she finally made it over to take our order. Other than that, I would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Always fabulous!jacedDined on 7/21/2014Best Caesar salmon salad anywhere, fabulous desserts, great location. Love bb's! While parking can be an issue, don't let that deter you - plan on a little later lunch and there is never a problem issue. Fine dining at an affordable price.Special Features:
- Happy with bb'sWhizKid254Dined on 7/19/2014My party was quite pleased with bb's. Great service, food and wine and ambience. The noise level is rather high. The restaurant wasn't cold as other reviews state. It was comfortable.Special Features:
- BB'sbday40lsDined on 7/18/2014I was celebrating my birthday with some friends and we had a wonderful time, great service and good food! Lea was amazing and took great care of us, plus the chocolate Happy Birthday on my dessert plate was fun too!!! Thanks for a memorable experience!Special Features:
- bigredDined on 7/15/2014Awesome meal our server Bo was amazing 5 stars across the boardSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before DMB ConcertdmonsterDined on 7/15/2014It was great as always. They were very efficient. We had a great time and we still made it to the concert before it started. We had the polenta Styxx to start, my wife had the 1/2 chicken and I had the pork porterhouse. Everything was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Status only; Food was mediocreOccasionalDinerDined on 7/12/2014My wife and I went to BB's with high expectations based on the menu and several online reviews and left feeling underwhelmed. Our appetizer arrived way to fast and wasn't as hot as it should have been (must have been made earlier by mistake). On top of that, the coffee rubbed 12oz NY Strip had very little flavor and was overcooked. The staff didn't seem to care whether we were there or not and even the manager seemed indifferent to the guests in the restaurant. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- Great date night spotMirpandaDined on 7/11/2014We enjoyed our dinner and service. They catered to my pescatarian diet requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/9/2014The food at BB's was fabulous. I had the duck wontons and the pork belly and I savored EVERY bite! My only compliant about this restaurant is the noise. It is VERY loud. Luckily I was there by myself so I did not need to try to communicate with anyone else at my table because I would have had to shout. I would suggest the restaurant add in some soft surfaces to help with the noise.Special Features:
- Enjoyable...TrixannDined on 6/28/2014Food was excellent...however we were sitting at a 2 person table very close to another 2 person table. I find it difficult to have a conversation with someone that close.Special Features:
- Great food, efficient serviceDineOut3571Dined on 6/21/2014As usual, we thoroughly enjoyed dinner at BB's. Our favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Enjoyed ItRon3965VIPDined on 6/14/2014I loved the menu at bb's. It's very different and while not the largest in town, it had a something for everyone. I had the Asian Chop Chop Salad and the textures were excellent. It could have used a bit more dressing but that's just me. The environment was pretty loud and the tables are packed together pretty closely. My favorite part was the dessert! I didn't order it but one of the folks at my table ordered the Coconut Cake and it was excellent! My Pineapple Upside Down Cheesecake was very good, but not as good as the Coconut.Special Features:
- DeliciousPescetarianDined on 6/13/2014Excellent food, service, large selection of wines, and large dessert selection. The food is delicious every time we go. One of my favorite restaurants and I drive there from Ponte Vedra Beach. Great service always. I'm a pescetarian and they always have great seafood along with many other choices. My companion had the duck and said it was fantastic. The polenta stixs are a must have along with calamari! Save room for dessert!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit dissapointedLafKDined on 6/13/2014I had always heard that BB's is a great place for intimate dining. That is not what I experienced. I will fist say that the food and menu where very good. But, it is very noisy and very difficult to hold a conversation. The attire of many of the patrons was...extremely casual. Men in t-shirts, shorts, and sandals was not what I was expecting. The waitress we had, was not very attentive. I actually had to stop here on a couple occasions to get a fresh drink. I would suggest removing a couple tables. It may help with the crowded feel and high noise level.Special Features:
- BB's on a Wednesday Nightlive4foodDined on 6/11/2014First time in Jacksonville and decided to try the restaurant on a recommendation from a colleague. Great food, incredible deserts. One minus is not draft beers, but a good selection of bottled beers. It is fairly small and was packed, so it was pretty loud. Overall, would definitely recommend if you like a trendy restaurant with good food.Special Features:
- "Let them eat cake"NanseeDined on 6/2/2014Desserts are mammoth, amazing and beautiful. Excellent salad selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, great, great!Kayla9837Dined on 5/31/2014The service, atmosphere and everything's was all so amazing! It was a wonderful experience, and the waitress, Leah, seemed like a long time friend! It was a wknderful experience, and I definitely plan on going again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Great ServiceCanesDined on 5/28/2014Always a good choice for lunch or dinner. The Polenta Styx are the best I've ever had and I always order them...Special Features:
- Pork-n-boots.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/28/2014We had two dishes, a manicotti with chicken and sausage that was quite good, and a pork porterhouse that was as tough as a boot. The smoked chili creamed corn that the pork was sitting on saved that plate. Their desert selection is approximately 20 items long and makes the night. Carrot cake is superb!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2014I enjoyed the service and the appetizers most of all. About our main course, meh. I ordered the mojo porterhouse pork and it was very dry, tough and bland. Most of the other entree selections were not very impressive (to me) and they were way overpriced. (They could give Ruth's Chris a run for their money!) Should I eat here again, I'd stick to the cocktails and appetizers. (FYI: I ordered the crab cake and duck wonton, salad with fish-- this was pretty good but the greens were big and wieldy to eat; and, crab chowder.) Well, the dessert case LOOKED fantastic and it was tough to choose! We tried the tiramisu...it was ok. For my taste, it needed more liqueur.Special Features:
- Always a great mealJaxDogDined on 5/21/2014BB's continually impresses me. Food is always prepared perfectly and their desserts are incredible.Special Features:
- Visitor - Berkeley's Gourmet GhettoSenorRexDined on 5/19/2014We were pleasantly surprised with our dining experience in Jacksonville! Visiting from the San Francisco Bay Area we are accustomed to decent food. bb's was great on a number of levels, the food was creative and very tasty, the waiter was accommodating and knowledgeable of both food & wines, the wine list was full of decent inexpensive options. Overall it was just a great evening!Special Features:
- Desserts are the BEST!InfrequentdinerDined on 5/14/2014We had some out of town business guests to entertain and opted for a dining experience at bb's. The dinner menu is a little on the limited side but there were still some good choices and of course, the restaurant is most noted for it's desserts. We all had one and they were fabulous!Special Features:
- Mother's DaycrofnDined on 5/11/2014Third or fourth year in a row that we have done Mother's Day brunch. Always excellent. Just a heads up-bring a jacket, air conditioning is always set too cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 417 reviews are from the bb's restaurant and bar reviews archive.
- Great Food & Service - Cozy SeatingRollinIDined on 5/8/2014It had been too long since I'd been to bb's and my wife had never been. So, when my wife won a gift card we had the perfect excuse to make the trip to San Marco. I don't know why I'd stayed away so long. Yes ... the seating is "cozy." Almost cramped. And, yes .... the noise from other tables can make the atmosphere a little energetic. And, yes the food and service is excellent. My wife's pan-seared sea scallops and my beef tenderloin were both perfectly prepared. No doggie bag this time! I only wish I'd planned my diet better for the day (type 2 diabetic) so I could have had one of the amazing desserts. Next time!!Special Features: