33 Gerard St. west
Toronto, ON M5G 1Z4Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bb33.ca/
- Phone: 4165854307x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00 am - 11:00 am;
Dinner: Daily: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brian MacAskill
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Bb33 offers several private dining options. The Upper Terrace is a semi-private room, connected to the main dining room, and provides space for up to 50 guests. The bistro is the restaurant"s exclusive, private signature dining room. Alternatively, the entire restaurant can be booked for functions up to 160 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Matt Muir 4165854319x
A word from Bb33
Treat yourself to a unique experience that fuses elegant surroundings with a relaxed atmosphere. Bb33 showcases creative, a la carte dishes using local items from proud Ontario growers made with the freshest seasonal ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bb33 reviews from OpenTable diners
- wrong menuzmxncbv0Dined on 2/14/2014Went for the Valentine's Day menu found online, but the actual menu at the restaurant was completely different. When mentioned to server, all she said was that online hasnt been changed in a few years. Ate from menu instead, and it was a tad pricey but very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fair onlycaseyDined on 2/10/2014Came here for winterlicious 2014. The waitress was nice. The decor was dull and lifeless, so was the dining room vibe. Had the rillettes for starters; it was bland and didn't have a nice texture. The mushroom broth was unremarkable, and the portion was so small. The spaghettini was bland and needed lots of table salt and pepper. The oiliness soaked through the papadum crisp, and my dining companion did not end up eating it. The steak was really chewy and had a stale taste. Although one of us order the creme brulee lemon tartlet, they served us both the bread pudding. I did not enjoy it; did not end up finishing it.
- Good!MalcolmDined on 2/7/2014The food was great: both from a taste and variety. We were taken care of by a team of staff that made you think they were all owners...including the chef dropping by to see how we liked his food. All the characteristics of a five star dinning (sans the wine list) without the five star pricing....average was $60 per person including a bottle of wine, coffee and desert (6 people total)Special Features:
- Good but not greatYannDined on 2/1/2014The service was was very but the good wasn`t mind-blowing. Overall it`s a more than decent restaurant for a date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too bad service doesn't = the foodPoppieDined on 1/18/2014We had this meal as a result a Travel zoo coupon. We had the soup, rib steak and lamb. It was fantastic. The service felt rushed. We received our soup with 3 minutes of getting our drinks. We ask to slowdown the main course and she came back and asked at what time we wanted to be served. Things we better after that.Special Features:
- Pleasant restaurant whereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/30/2013Pleasant restaurant where we could hear our conversation without yelling. Attentive service and excellent, well presented food. Highly recommend the schnitzel!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok for what it wasHbrownDined on 11/15/2013Ok so I booked in advance but there was no need to it was pretty empty. The staff was excellent but didn't seem like the type for that kind of restaurant food was overpriced but Delicious. Would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great new menuacostaDined on 9/28/2013Been there several times when it was formerly Delta Chelsea, now that it's Eaton Chelsea (Langham Hospitality Group/Great Eagle Ltd.), the menu is much better. It's simple, straight to the point. For dinner, I had the Caesar Salad (can't go wrong with that), then had the crusted Pickerel, which was awesome. My wife had the duo of shrimp & scallops, very tasty but lacking volume, couldn't even fill my wife's small appetite. Job well done, will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quiet place nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2013quiet place nothing special but good location. Nothing special about the food but it was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- delightful lunch serviceJacksonDined on 7/17/2013We had an unexpected appointment after lunch so had to rush our meal and the staff were very accommodating, serving us on time yet without feeling rushed. Excellent chilled strawberry soup was perfect on a hot day. Don't miss the sorbet balls in the cookie cup for dessert.Special Features:
- Very Dissappointing.foodie88Dined on 7/6/2013Came here for Summerlicious and thought they had a great menu. Having a nut allergy myself, I'm aware that my food choices are limited in restaurants at times and I will need to compromise. However, I found the staff unaccommodating and rude when I addressing the issue. Instead of being offered a substitute dessert, I was offered a small fruit cup. The Strawberry soup was really a strawberry smoothie with the Chantilly cream which was was like a thick mass of butter. The tenderloin was decent and tender but lacked favor. The ice cream that my friends were having were small and bitter, the waffle cone was overly sticky. Needless to say, after the restaurant we went to another restaurant down the street for better food.
- Bb33 awesomeamyluDined on 7/6/2013The service was amazing, the food was delicious.PerfecSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place to hang with a friendJPRJGDined on 5/28/2013A nice atmosphere with good food. Staff were friendly and professional. I would eat there again.Special Features:
- Average dining.WendyDined on 3/31/2013The service was great. There should be more hot choices and less onions in the salads. What I ate was not worth what I paid. All I had for my $40.00 was a bit of salad and French toast. I was at the restaurant for meetings before which is why I recommended it to my group.Special Features:
- A nice restaurant in a notSomeoneSomewhereVIPDined on 2/24/2013A nice restaurant in a not terribly exciting section of Toronto. Great service, pretty good food - some of it quite excellent, other preparations good enough but not five star. Overall, a good meal, decent deal.Special Features:
- Good for big groups!blondieDined on 2/22/2013Although the food at Bb33 was typical, the service was outstanding. The staff was very helpful, patient and friendly. Although our waiter still ended up making mistakes on the bill I would still recommend this restaurant for big groups. The restaurant is spacious and allows reservation for 20 people, which i found was hard to do for most other places.Special Features:
- The crab cakes were delicious.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013The crab cakes were delicious. The Rib Eye was tasty but thin vs 1 inch thickness. The desert was dissapointing. Overall good, Service very goodSpecial Features:
- The service was outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2013The service was outstanding and our waitress very attentive to our table.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the winterliciousdisappointedDined on 2/4/2013Enjoyed the winterlicious menu. Food and wine were superb. Service was excellent. Lovely quiet atmosphere which allowed for conversation. I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Very disappointed in the foodbabsDined on 2/2/2013Very disappointed in the food quality that was offered during winterlicious. Main course Veal Blanquette en Croûte was very watery and poorly seasoned. The side of root vegetables all tasted the same. Rhubarb strawberry tartlet was missing the rhubarb and hard to classigy a bit of puff pastery as a tartlet. Will not return
- Good experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/31/2013This was my first visit to this restaurant. Although I live in the neighborhood, I have never heard of Bb33. I was there for the Winterlicous. The food was excellent and the service was good. They have a good selection of wines. But the decor needs some update and the restaurant looks too simple. There is nothing romantic about it. If I go back, it will be for the food.Special Features:
- The service is great. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/28/2013The service is great. The waiter is very attentive and even the chef came out to ask about our meal. My friends and I eat there for dinner with winterlicious menu & have a chance to try everything. We like the food with the exception of the warm ghirardelli brownie as it is hard as a rock. But overall was good.Special Features:
- The food was DELICIOUS!!!TheOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/28/2013The food was DELICIOUS!!!The service was amazing!Loved it.
- Winterlicious menu was perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/28/2013Winterlicious menu was perfect in selection, taste, with presentation. We received very attentive personal service and a nice chat with the chef who was interested in our feedback. The veal pot pie was supremely tender, encased in a rustic personal-size puff pastry crock. A wonderful complement to a business lunch!
- We chose this restaurant becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2013We chose this restaurant because it is close to the Ed Mirvish theatre and, more importantly, it is taking part in the Winterlicious event. Although the staff was very helpful and polite, the food was disappointing to say the least. Winterlicious is supposed to be about experiencing some of the best restaurants in the city at an affordable price. The food was mediocre to say the least. The crostini was stale and chewy. The "veal en croute" was nothing more than pot pie that I could have purchased at the grocery store and the pastry in the strawberry-rhubarb tart was chewy. The best part of the meal was the fresh bread served at the start, but it was all downhill from there.
- Good for B days.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/19/2013This place is great for a birthday, you get a meal for free and the staff all sign a card wich is a nice touch. I was extreamly dissapointed when the only type of wine i liked to drink was out of stock it forced me to have just a regular beer which isn't the best with a nice meal. Good food but a little pricey, wish they had more salad options. Loved the food manager and chef coming to our table to see if everything was going well.Special Features:
- The music was very nice asOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2012The music was very nice as it was New Years. It was a great buffet but I would like to see someone overseeing the buffet table for hygenic reasons.Special Features:
- Pleasant Surprise.DowntownerDined on 12/25/2012Variety and quality were surprisingly good for an X-mas buffet. Would easily consider going back. A lot of fish/non-meat options. Deserts were yummy.Special Features:
- It was completely empty. WaiterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/23/2012It was completely empty. Waiter was socially awkward. Decor was tacky (fruit and vegetable paintings on ceiling), and was worsened by holiday decorations. Food was okay but nothing special. Won't be goog back.
- ( group of eleven people)OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/22/2012( group of eleven people) The food was very good(tasty and cooked just right) and we had a friendly service attendant.
- I brought in a group of 20+OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2012I brought in a group of 20+ people for a Christmas dinner just a few days ahead of time and everyone there was so hospitable. The tables weren't set up in a way that I liked for the group (sets of 10) and upon request, they arranged it very fast and kept us entertained at the bar in the meantime. Most restaurants would usually say that if at least half the guests don't show by the appointed time, then the reservations would have to be forfeited but BB33 never did such thing even though most of our guests came an hour late. The food was delicious, the staff were kind, and my night was overall, very enjoyable. Definitely coming back.Special Features:
- We were diappointed at firsthappycoupleDined on 12/15/2012We were diappointed at first that the duck we had ordered last time was not on the menu but the steak and the halibut were very tasty. An enjoyable, relaxing evening.Special Features:
- Office Christmas Lunch. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/7/2012Office Christmas Lunch. Food was good and plentiful, good price and all the staff seemed to enjoy it.Special Features:
- This was our forth time atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2012This was our forth time at the restaurant. We joined two friends from out of town. The menu had something for everyone.Lisa took good care of us as did the "Greeter" who willingly changed our reservation to a later time and gave us a choice of table shape.We had a good time and will definitely come again.Special Features:
- ServiceBK13Dined on 10/27/2012we had a theatre date and the restaurant was very attentive for timeing of our food. We dined and made our theatre on time.
- Bb33 was a slightly strangeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/15/2012Bb33 was a slightly strange experience for us, but overall an enjoyable one. We arrived for our reservation a little early, and found ourselves the only ones in the whole place. Maybe a total of 4 or 5 tables were seated all night, and yet it was still a while before any food came to our table. There was a language barrier with our server, she seemed slightly confused about our orders all night! When the food finally arrived, we were thrilled. At least it was worth the wait! The shrimp tacos were a highlight of the meal for us. The chef also came to our table to ensure we were happy with everything, which was a nice surprise. Overall, go to Bb33 for the food and not for the atmosphere!Special Features:
- Bb33 is your typical hotelOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2012Bb33 is your typical hotel chain restaurant. It always seems that these places just just can't perfect a extraoridinary experience. Perhaps that's because larger hotel need such a high level of standarization for employee rule following. This must lead to unhappy employees who have no control or are controlled so they don't have the freedom and time to provide an experience and instead offer nice but robotic service. The wine list was almost horrible for us. It has 3 or 4 Chards and 1 reisling. This is summer time, and it should have more appropiate choice good with summer meals, like gewurztraminer, semi-day and semi-sweet reislings. oh well. The Pri-fixe entrees were good and adequate portion. Service was fast, friendly but perfunctory.
- Our waiter was exceptional.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2012Our waiter was exceptional. Didn't catch his name, but chinese decent and very accommodating and appreciative. He was great!!!!
- The presentation of the SaladOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2012The presentation of the Salad was amazing. Have told everyone about it. The Risotto was wonderful and portion size was good. Dessert was chocolate on chocolate on chocolate. Need I say more. I would definetely return to eat there again even if it was not Summerlicious prices. Well done!
- My friends and I had fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/7/2012My friends and I had fantastic meals and service. There was not one thing to complain about. I would go back again and recommend this spot to others.Special Features: