B.B. King's Blues Club - Memphis
143 Beale Street
Memphis, TN 38103Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
B.B. King's Blues Club - Memphis
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bbkingclubs.com/
- Phone: 9015245464x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Seth Krasnove
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wine
- Catering: BB King's Blues Clubs has catering menus to accommodate a celebration for any size. We offer hot appetizers, cold appetizers, hot and cold dips action stations, buffets and limited menus. Visit www.bbkingclubs.com for our event packets.
- Private Party Facilities: Please check out our website at http://www.bbkingclubs.com/index.php?page=groupsales
- Private Party Contact: Libby Ware 9015245464x
- Entertainment: We have live music nightly! For a schedule of events please visit www.bbkingclubs.com. BB King's will have you jamming to music inspired by the King of Blues, the Queen of Motown and the Soul of Funk. They musicians will remind you why Aretha demanded R-E-S-P-E-C-T, why Tina left her good job in the city, why Ray has Georgia on his mind and what the Temptations are talking about!
- Special Events: BB King's is known for its special events. We can hold up to 400 seated and have live music nightly. Any group over 15 is given special attention and work with our Sales Manager. They can be reached by e-mailing email@example.com.
A word from B.B. King's Blues Club - Memphis
Welcome to BB King’s Memphis - Home of the Blues! Established in 1991 - Our menu offers a variety of the South's most delicious comfort food influenced by flavors from New Orleans all the way to the Mississippi Delta, including authentic Memphis-style BBQ. Enjoy the blues experience with the best live entertainment on the street 7 nights a week. Don't miss our gift shop on your way out!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
B.B. King's Blues Club - Memphis reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (44)vibrant bar scene (32)late-night find (23)good for groups (19)neighborhood gem (16)special occasion (13)great for lunch (9)fit for foodies (7)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (5)great for brunch (3)romantic (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Food Was Awesome! Music was good...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014I would have given it 5 stars but the hostess at the front needs some CUSTOMER SERVICE 101. All of them up front were very rude and snappy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love! Love! Love!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I went with my husbund on a Sunday afternoon and we had a blast! Food was amazing, customer service was great, and the entertainment was awesome! Next time I'm in Memphis I will go there without hesitation!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BB King's rocks Memphis!hadablastDined on 10/16/2014We are from Alabama and we were in town for school for the week. We made reservations for Oct 15th. We fell in love with the food (roasted chicken and meatloaf) and had a great time with Memphis Jones. We had so much fun that we made reservations for Oct 16th. Once again, we fell in love with the food (house salad with grilled chicken and chicken fried chicken) and The King Beez were sooo much fun! I wish that we had something like this in Alabama. Keep up the good work and thank you BB Kings staff for the great and wonderful times that we had. We will be back for sure! SawyerSpecial Features:
- BBQ & BluescadillacmanDined on 10/16/2014Great live music, friendly staff & the ribs were great. The best on Beale St.Special Features:
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/14/2014We came to Memphis for BBQ &blues. The brisket at BBKing's was awesome, the ribs were great. The music was good, but it was not blues. Even though we enjoyed the Kings Been very much, they were a soul show, not blues. we still very highly recommend the place. The only thing that would have topped it would have been seeing BB King himself!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good live music & foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/12/2014I tried the caesar salad and added grilled Cajun spiced chicken breast. It took over 20 minutes but worth the wait as there was live music and the chicken breast was freshly grilled and moist. I would order this again!
- GreatZmannyDined on 10/8/2014Great Memphis Restaurant. i loved it! great Music and the ambient was AwesomeSpecial Features:
- Great Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014The house band was awesome as well as their opener. I was unsure of what to expect going on a Monday night, but was pleasantly surprised to find that the entertainment was like a Friday night! The food was GREAT! The ribs were so good and just fell off the bone. We could not have been happier with our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- music101camshatDined on 9/27/2014I know the band you have is a regular and he is good.....but some traditional blues vocal sound would be great. Also the waiter was not that good. I am not picky and usually will not even leave a review but i live in little Rock and come sometimes to Beale street....The outdoor band at Kings Palace was better entertainment...
- Memphis magicLeetayDined on 9/26/2014We are from Australia and wanted to experience Memphis music and vibes. We found the perfect place. Thanks for a great nightSpecial Features:
- Double B KingsFishbonkerDined on 9/25/2014They had our reservations, we eventually got the seats we asked for in the reservation. I was a bit disappointed that they didn't actually reserve a table for us. We arrived promptly at our reservation time. Other patrons left and we got their table with a better view of the band but I felt like they should have held a table for us. Our waitress was outstanding, the food great and the bands were fantastic. Outside of the table hiccup it was a great evening. A "4 Star" only because of the table thing. We actually ate there a couple more times over the next couple of days and the food was always good. We sat in the out door area. Great for Beal Street people watching.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night out in MemphisGoodnhungryDined on 9/25/2014Excellent entertainment, i.e. Singer and Band. Food was very good . Chicken and ribs exceeded expectations. Reasonably priced for food. Staff was very friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014We had a very good time, the food was excellent and it was just a overall fun experience and we are planning another trip and bb kings will for sure be on the list of places to go . The music was very good too, thank y'all for such good food though, food was great!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but were we disappointedrwquirkDined on 9/23/2014We booked this well in advance to see one of our favorite musical groups scheduled to play that night. We did a 2100 mile motorcycle trip with this stop in the middle as a focal stop. I checked on the group in advance as well and we were told even that very night they were going to be on stage. We were VERY disappointed in the fact they were a no show! We don't know yet what happened but to book a reservation and count on a certain musical group is not a "gimme". Our food and service was excellent! I'd go back but won't plan to count on booking.Special Features:
- Where da blueskamikazekowgirlDined on 9/16/2014It was BB King's birthday. Expected to hear blues music. Didn't
- Another Southern Must!aMustDined on 9/8/2014Wonderful. Love the ribs and catfish! Great service great food great entertainment. A must visit to add to your trip to TN.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday outing was fun. our group.AwesomeDined on 9/6/2014It was awesome from the time we got there. The people were nice, the food was awesome, and band was off the chain. We loved it and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time @ BB King ClubBBFirstTimerDined on 8/26/2014The bathrooms (men's) greatly need remodeling. And management need to instruct or assign someone to service it regularly. Food was okay. The music was actually pretty good and entertaining but it was too loud and made conversation at dinner almost impossible.Special Features:
- Must eat at!lovsgoodfoodandfuntimesDined on 8/25/2014Our entire dining experience was wonderful. I had the brisket and it was the most tender I have ever had. The BBQ sauce was amazing. My husband had the steak and he also commented it was the most flavorful, tender steak ever. The band that was playing, Memphis Jones, was amazing. They totally interacted with the diners and made everyone feel a part of the entire show. Jeff was out wait person and he was fantastic. He could also bust a move on the dance floor. I will very definitely travel to Memphis again just to go to B.B. King's Blues Club.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B.B. King's for DinnerRibLoverDined on 8/21/2014Best ribs we had in Memphis, very good service and great music. Not too loud and a very fun evening.Special Features:
- Making Memphis memories...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/20/2014Fun waiter, loved the band, delicious crawfish poppers... My young adult daughters and I had a memorable time. We were on vacation from San Francisco Bay Area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!Marcelo48Dined on 8/20/2014Great vibe ! Good music! Band is great ! N.Special Features:
- magicman9413MAGICMAN9413Dined on 8/18/2014The food are service were great and the music was even better. Can't wait to go back ASAP>Special Features:
- Great MusicOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Great music, great atmosphere, but the food leaves a lot to be desired. The food was very basic and dry.I would recommend this to a friend.
- So disappointed...ALS5467Dined on 7/30/2014My husband and I had reservations for 6:30 on a crowded evening- lots going on downtown. We arrived at 6:27 and were told to stand at the side and we would be taken to our table soon. Well there were a lot of people waiting to the side and more people in line behind us. We waited about 10 minutes and after several people who came in after us were taken to their seats, we left. So frustrating. We won't return... there are plenty of other places to eat in downtown Memphis where the service is much better.
- we enjoyed this place!BealokDined on 7/22/2014Friendly people, correct, timely and professional service, good food, so much we had to take a doggy bag. Music was entertaining and not only blues. We had to pleasure to hear/ see two bands playing, with front row seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great music!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014Good food, great music. Really busy while we were there and service was only so-so.Special Features:
- Cool blues venueJensenDined on 7/20/2014Food average, not very clean tables, floors, and toilets, service below average. But still - it's a blues place, and it's B.B.'s place. That makes me return to the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't honor reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2014I made my reservations the day of the planned meal when I arrived at the restaurant they told me it would be another 30-40 minutes because they don't check the reservations list past the morning and didnt have my party on there so I would have to wait. They also want to charge $5 per person to pay for the live music. That should be somewhere on their websiteSpecial Features:
- This is MemphisNorwichLadDined on 7/16/2014My first night in town. First night on Beale Street. Needed something barbecue. Needed music. I'm solo so was impressed that I wasn't overlooked for the groups of tourists or lovers! Server took his time, sensing my vibe. Decent beer, excellent puled pork. And memphis Jones was the first performer (local character but i knew who he was) and self-deprecating but ego-driven Preston someone came on for some rough blues as a second act. I know its a mini chain but its scruffy enough to be authentic and everyone had fun; including me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RibsTravelingDined on 7/16/2014The ribs were fantastic!!!!! Went to BB King's twice when in Memphis and enjoyed it both times. The food, the service and the bands were great.Special Features:
- Best combo - music and foodMissMDined on 7/14/2014We loved our visit to BB Kings on Beale! Great seat, great food and great music! Generous portion of BBQ pork on the nachos... better than any other place we tried - good value! And the music is so good we came back another night just to hang out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Music and good foodBettydbooDined on 7/11/2014My husband and I went for our anniversary and I must say we were blown away! First visit and had a great time. The live bands was awesome and kept you on your feet the entire night. The location is in a prime spot on Beale Street. Just beware the crowd and the music gets loud. We never felt unsafe, but the atmosphere on Beale St. certainly changed as the night progressed. The entire dining experience was very enjoyable with the food, the music, the waitress and the venue. I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B.B. King's Blues Club, Memphisbluesfan1Dined on 7/9/2014We were seated right away. Our waitress made us feel welcome and got our drinks to us very quickly. The BBQ sandwich and fries were filling. The cole slaw was a little too dry, but tasted ok. The bacon cheeseburger with the potato chips was well liked by the second member of our party. The live music was the reason for our visit, and we will definitely be back the next time we are in Memphis.Special Features:
- Nice Brthday Hang-outGeog4972Dined on 7/8/2014BB King's was all that I expected it to be; the music was right on time. The food and service were top notch. A great choice for my birthday celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and music, poor serviceIrynaDined on 7/8/2014We went there for my friend's birthday. I did mentioned that at reservation. We got a server who looked like she hates her life. We got our main course before we were half done with our appetizer. The band was really good, kinda Black Keys, so we wanted to enjoy it, but with the service that we got, we felt like we were in rush and have to leave. We ordered desert to kinda not just sit there, but server was still not pleasant. Peach cobler was very liquid, more like soup. Overall it was not bad, but from all the advertisement for this place we were hoping for something special. In the end when we tipped her 25% she was running after us downstairs saying "have a great night" and whole 9 yards. Too late for that though, night was overSpecial Features:
- The following 585 reviews are from the B.B. King's Blues Club - Memphis reviews archive.
- Great TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014service was outstanding, food was great, will most definitely return when we visit Memphis again.Special Features:
- Blues and brewBluesManDined on 6/30/2014Good food, GREAT BLUES, service is good. Avoid the crawfish poppers, too small. Shrimp and grits were great. Gumbo was good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EandAlDined on 6/25/2014Great place! good food, great music! had a Blast. I would recommend this spot to anyone looking for a good time with great food.Special Features:
- Too Loud & Too Tight in TherebelcherseatgoodDined on 6/23/2014For such a small venue, the music is entirely too loud. We couldnt talk to each other & the waitress couldnt hear us nor could tge bartender, unless we screamed. Had a headache after 10 minutes. And its too tight in there, maybe they should eliminate some tables because you can barely walk in there.