Bazin's on Church
111 Church Street NW
Vienna, VA 22180Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Bazin's on Church
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bazinsonchurch.com/
- Phone: 7032557212x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm;
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Patrick Bazin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We provide a wide range of catering services and can do anything from hors d'oeuvres for a cocktail party to a multi-course meal with wine pairings. E-mail Julie@bazinsonchurch.com with inquiries.
- Private Party Facilities: Bazin's on Church is an 85 seat restaurant and is available for private dining only if "buying out the entire restaurant". We do not have private dining rooms, but a beautiful, open space that works well for special events. Our restaurant may also be rented out on Mondays, day or night, and on Saturdays, from 11am-3:30pm
- Private Party Contact: Julie Bazin 7032557212x
- Special Events: Wine dinners usually once a month. Please check web-site for dates.
A word from Bazin's on Church
Evoking the feeling of an old bistro, yet with a contemporary twist, Bazin's on Church brings to Vienna an inviting neighborhood dining experience. Bazin's on Church offers a contemporary American menu featuring organic and seasonal ingredients. The wine bar features a collection of wonderful wines from around the world, with an emphasis on California.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Bazin's on Church - Best Restaurants in Vienna ›
Bazin's on Church reviews from OpenTable diners
188 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (137)fit for foodies (100)special occasion (83)notable wine list (81)great for lunch (44)great for brunch (38)romantic (37)good for groups (35)hot spot (22)vibrant bar scene (22)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Consistently fantastichappydinerVIPDined on 10/18/2014This is one of my favorite places in Northern VA. It is consistently outstanding! Food is always flawless, and service is top notch. We took friends there, and they could see why we rave about it!Special Features:
- Just greatSkinnyChic8Dined on 10/18/2014Wonderful place in Vienna. I've been coming here for years and never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Bazin's never fails to delight. I was on the hook for finding an interesting dinner spot for a friend who travels all over the world. I thought he'd like Bazin's - it's small and charming, with a good wine list. Well, I was right. Partway through dinner, he announced, "this is the best filet mignon I've ever had, I think in my whole life" I also had the filet, and thought the same. Everything else, from appetizers to desserts was both interesting in presentation and composition, as well as being delicious. There was plenty to like on the wine list, as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousasdfVIPDined on 10/15/2014Interesting menu with a lot of great appetizers. It could use a little more on the vegetarian side, but everything we had was excellent.Special Features:
- Great evening out!mmpeatsDined on 10/10/2014Bazin's on Church never disappoints! The service was great and the food was delicious! I had the sea bass and it was cooked to perfection. I was there for a girls' night out, but can't wait to go back with my husband!Special Features:
- Great appetizersRickGVIPDined on 10/5/2014At Sunday brunch, the fried oysters on creamed spinach was good and I don't usually like creamed spinach. The crab-filled eggroll was even better. The salads we had afterwards were just OK. The music was enjoyable, but we had bad timing and only heard one complete song, as the band was eating at the same time we were.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentFoodyDined on 10/2/2014I've been to Bazin's several times and it's always been very good. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent fish selectionPlus1Dined on 10/1/2014excellent menu and wine selection. Warm and inviting dining room and personable restaurant staff. A must visit for locals and visitors in the DC area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- as always greatLynnemVIPDined on 10/1/2014This is my go to restaurant I can count on the food and the serviceSpecial Features:
- Excellent wine dinnerJeffVIPDined on 9/30/2014Attended one of their wine dinners (Canard Winery). Well thought out menu, everything well paired (and prepared). Any one of the courses would have been the centerpiece of an excellent meal. If anything the portions were a little large, which is hardly a complaint (they wrapped a few things to-go). Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wedding anniversary mealukdinersDined on 9/30/2014Excellent food and great wine selection. Friendly staff and well priced. Asked for a quiet table but a loud party was later seated next to us. That said, it didnt detract from a pleasant evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special Place to DineRWBEAGLEFLYDined on 9/27/2014Bazin's on Church is a place for all. Excellent food and service and they know how to meet your requests. If you want lively action sit near the bar. If you want a little quieter evening ask to be seated to the back of the placed. Do keep in mind that this is an open lively atmosphere that is enjoyable and pleasant if you help the management understand what you are looking for in your evening. The wine list is well organized and an excellent selection. Our meals were exceptional across the board – the New York strip steak and Chilean Sea Bass we particularly good. We are looking forward to our next evening out at Bazin’s.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten-Free Friendly!Love2eatoutDined on 9/27/2014All other wonderful things implied (great food, great service, etc.) - there's a whole side of the menu dedicated to GF dining! What a great surprise. AND a knowledgeable waiter who knew if the specials were GF.Special Features:
- Great restaurant, but reserve earlyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/26/2014We have always loved Bazin's -- however, it is not a "last minute" restaurant. Due to its popularity, reserving early is a must. Food, service, wine selection are top notch!Special Features:
- Bazin's doesn't disappointBaeberDined on 9/26/2014Went to Bazin's for my birthday this past week. The food was great, as expected. The filet was done perfectly, with green beans and a potato bacon cake. Yum! My boyfriend had the salmon and said it was excellent as well. The only bad part was the server, who was monosyllabic and pretty inattentive. Oh well. He didn't ruin what was otherwise a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Night RestaurantNatashaDined on 9/20/2014Lots of folks told me about the great food at Bazin's and they were correct. We ordered the oysters and tuna tartare as appetizers and they were excellent. As entree, we ordered the duck breast and the meat mix grill which were both excellent as well. Dessert was wonderful and all the choices sounded delicious so it was difficult to choose. The wine selection was good but pricey. Bazin's tries to make their restaurant very exclusive. We tried to go there before without reservations and we were turned away. This time I reserved and was disappointed with the table we we given right next to the door. The couple ahead of us did not have reservations and they were turned away, yet, the table for 2 across from us remained free throughout dinner?Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerViennaLNODined on 9/19/2014I believe Oscar was our waiter and he was excellent! We had a lovely dinner starting with mushroom ravioli and crab spring roll appetizers, main course of the blue cheese crusted steak and sea bass (hands down the BEST fish I've had in forever) and a "blah" key lime pie for dessert. The service was wonderful. They should change the key lime selection as it seemed like it was a frozen dessert sliced in the back and topped with blueberries that actually detracted from it.Special Features:
- First Dinner at Bazin'sSandyDined on 9/16/2014The champagne we started with was very enjoyable with the appetizers of a crispy crab roll and zesty slaw, and my husband's delicate oysters attractively arranged over a well-seasoned spinach puree. When we asked for a recommendation for a bottle of wine to accompany the short ribs and steak, the waiter said he would consult with the chef for a recommendation. We were very happy he did because the Mi Sueno 2009 cab was a great choice! I loved my short ribs with root veggies. My husband ordered the flat iron steak with garlic fries. His steak was perfectly cooked, but the sauce was not inspired and the fries lacked garlic flavor and crispness. (My husband did not mention this to our waiter.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014Food was great but portions were a little smaller than I would have liked. Service was pretty bad but I think I just got a bad server. He wasn't very busy so the amount of attention I received should have been better, and had KICKING breath. I would go back with caution.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had agreat dining experience.JumpinjohnnyGDined on 9/12/2014Short ribs are fantastic. You cannot go wrong with any of their apps. They are all good.Special Features:
- Excellent dinner at Bazin's!BDTJrVIPDined on 9/12/2014My wife and I enjoyed an excellent dinner; with exceptional service, great food, and an upbeat dining environment on Friday night! The wines that the waiter recommended were excellent, too.Special Features:
- One of Northern Virginia's BestBillDined on 9/12/2014Bazin's on Church never disappoints. The food is always outstanding. The wine list has plenty of fine, affordable selections. We have been going there for years and look forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/6/2014Menu was interesting, food was delicious, service was very good.Special Features:
- averageOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/6/2014My wife liked the sea bass. My veal was over cooked, to dry for my taste.
- reliably good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/5/2014Food, wine, service are always solid at this polished locally-owned gem. You can count on a warm greeting and a well prepared meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodEvansMommie03Dined on 9/5/2014Had to got back to Bazin's given the great reviews. I went a few times over the years and thought it was only okay. Went back last Friday - glad I did. Salted caramel tart is insane. Dinner and wine were also very good. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/4/2014Bazin's on Church has excellent, what I would consider high-end food and a nice ambience. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Disappointinggr8teatsVAMDDCDined on 8/30/2014Bazins looked like the kind of place I couldn't go wrong with, so I was very surprised when it turned out to be a terrible experience. The food overall is okay, but nothing extraordinary. The drink value overall is very poor for the cost, with wines being a meager poor. The service was absolutely abysmal. We waited 20 minutes for our first drink, because no one as assigned to our table. Then the steak was returned three times to the kitchen for being way undercooked, with even the server looking at it and saying it needed to go back. There are too many great places to go to waste time and money on a place like this. Don't bother.
- Pre-Wolftrap SpotBrownieDined on 8/24/2014When we need a place where we can guarantee we'll get dinner in a timely manner before our show time at Wolftrap, this is a great place, as service is quick. Servers are always pleasant and food is okay, but nothing outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Great atmosphere. Lively smart causal clientele. Chef Bazin is very accessible. Have to try the Chilean Sea bass and the Short-ribs. Highly recommend the Therra Podernuovo big Tuscan cabernet as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Choice of RestaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/23/2014Always a great meal here. My first choice of any restaurant in the Vienna, McLean, Oakton, Reston area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014This was a spectacular meal! I would put this up there with any of the Top 10 restaurants in the area. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New FavoriteJkiserVIPDined on 8/22/2014When my guy and I moved to McLean this past winter, we really did not have high hopes that anyone could match the wonderful dining we enjoyed back in Charleston. Boy, were we wrong. Bazin's was such an experience, one that we come back for every-other-weekend. Most notable is the food, of course, but the exceptional service, attention to detail, and atmosphere really makes Bazin's incredible. We arrived early for our reservation, and were asked if we would be happy sitting at the Chef's Table (an extension of the kitchen, not unlike a bar top). This was something fun for us - view of the open kitchen, attentive staff, and friendly service. Not to mention we were treated especially well by Chef Bazin and Mr. Chris Cunningham - will return.Special Features:
- over ratedMaximoDined on 8/22/2014poor service (as I had been told in advance but sadly didnt listen), overpriced, tables for 2 are on top of each other lacking privacy, no ambience - will not be back.
- LynnemVIPDined on 8/21/2014It was great we had a excellent server and the food as always was very goodSpecial Features:
- vivalavidaVIPDined on 8/20/2014It was my second time at this restaurant. Nice place. The lump crab spring roll appetizer was a delicacy, but the crusted salmon salad was very disappointing thus my lower food rate. The entrees in my first visit were well prepared. I plan to return a 3rd time to check some of their other culinary options for give them another chance for a more fair assessment.
- Bazin's is always wonderful!happydinerVIPDined on 8/17/2014I love this restaurant! We have been going there for years and I continue to be amazed and impressed at not only the very high quality of the food, but the exceptional service as well. We were there for a small birthday dinner and it was lovely! The food was amazing - everything we ordered was really fantastic. And the service was attentive without being "too much." Highly recommend! (In fact, we live further away from Vienna now, and still go out there for special dinners.)Special Features:
- Great find in Viennamike429Dined on 8/17/2014My wife and I had a special date night last Sunday at 6:00 PM, with easy seating and street parking. We were both impressed by the modern, open airy decor. The wait staff was highly attentive and the food was excellent. She had the much-touted Chilean Sea Bass -- pricey at around $35 but out-of-this-world delicious! I ordered the Brancini from the prix fixe side of the menu (appetizer, entree, and desert for $35), and it was also great. I was also pleasantly surprised by a little confusion with our wine order. I asked for one glass each of two different Sauvignon Blancs, mentioning that we wanted to compare them. Our waitress brought them out and poured them like a taste test, asking which one we preferred and wished to order. Wow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eatHappyDinerDined on 8/15/2014Lunch was delicious. There were lots of healthy choices and the food was presented well. Our waiter was attentive, pleasant and efficient. The restaurant is attractive and lends itself to a leisurely meal. It's a good place for friends to catch up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food -oaktonfoodieDined on 8/14/2014We think Bazins on Church is brilliant - the food is wonderful - great choices and exciting flavors. The wait staff was very knowledgable, attentive without being overly attentive. Thoroughly enjoyed our meal there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.