Bazin's on Church
111 Church Street NW
Vienna, VA 22180Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bazin's on Church
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bazinsonchurch.com/
- Phone: (703) 255-7212
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm;
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Happy Hour at the Bar: Tuesdays - Thursdays: 4:30pm - 6:30pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Bistro, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Patrick Bazin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We provide a wide range of catering services and can do anything from hors d'oeuvres for a cocktail party to a multi-course meal with wine pairings. E-mail Julie@bazinsonchurch.com with inquiries.
- Private Party Facilities: We now have two separate spaces available for all of your special event needs. Our new private dining space, Bazin's Next Door, can accommodate up to 45 people (seated) any day of the week, lunch or dinner, with no room fees and flexible menu options.
Bazin's on Church can accommodate up to 100 people and is available for rent to parties meeting the minimum Food/ Beverage requirements for their desired date/time. During the regular hours of operation, this will require a full-restaurant "buyout."
- Private Party Contact: Paige Myers 7032557212x
- Special Events: Enjoy Live Jazz Brunch on the first Sunday of every month. We also hold frequent multi-course wine dinners. Please check web-site for dates.
A word from Bazin's on Church
Evoking the feeling of an old bistro, yet with a contemporary twist, Bazin's on Church brings to Vienna an inviting neighborhood dining experience. Bazin's on Church offers a contemporary American menu featuring organic and seasonal ingredients. The wine bar features a collection of wonderful wines from around the world, with an emphasis on California.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Bazin's on Church - Best Restaurants in Vienna ›
Bazin's on Church reviews from OpenTable diners
175 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (131)fit for foodies (104)special occasion (90)notable wine list (83)romantic (41)good for groups (40)great for lunch (38)great for brunch (29)hot spot (25)vibrant bar scene (23)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Unexexpected Flavor , less than average serviceEmmyVIPDined on 11/23/2014The food was fabulous, the Sunday night Bistro menu was perfect and we ate all that there was to taste... Service was just a bit lacking asnot once during the entire three course meal, did all four dishes for the party of 4 arrive at the same time.Special Features:
- Great Food with Great FriendsLoveToEatDined on 11/22/2014Group of six. Everything ordered was delicious from salads and appetizers to dessert. Our entrees varied from beef to pasta with duck to fish. Our waiter had a great sense of humor and was attentive without hovering. Lovely night. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FavoriteFunfoodieVIPDined on 11/21/2014Bazin's always has great food and service. Their menu isn't very big but the food is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- officelunchDined on 11/16/2014Our group of four had Sunday Brunch, it was fabulous. The food and service were both fantastic. It was very quiet the day we dined, not very crowded so we were able to sit and catch up with our friends for hours. We will definitely return, but for dinner next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bazin's never disappoints!!KC22180Dined on 11/15/2014Chef Patrick Bazin and sauces go together like bread and butter. The menu choices are phenomenal and if you have never had the Chilean Sea Bass, you are missing something incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bazin's is a top findExpensiveTastesVIPDined on 11/15/2014It's also awesome for gluten free. Gourmet is an understatement. Duck, Seabass, Ravioli. You need to go more than once (a week!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too CrowdedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/15/2014Food was okay, had to send the steak back, very undercooked. Manager came and apologized. Tables were so close together, I felt I was on top of the two tables on each side of us. They seemed to have crammed in as many tables as they could to make money. The appetizers were overpriced in comparison to the amount you were served.
- Excellent, comfy, and delicious!GigiMcgnomeDined on 11/14/2014We had reservations for 5 on a friday night and were seated right away. Since it was something of a "reunion" dinner with old friends I appreciated that we had time to chat before being asked if we were ready to order drinks, appetizers, etc... The sommelier was very helpful when it came time to choose a wine. Apps were delicious (fried oysters and garlic shrimp). Waiter was super friendly and personable. Dinner was delicious and dessert was excellent. 3 of us got the Krispy Kreme dessert (which went over very well). We never felt rushed and nobody hovered (which was great b/c we were so busy talking and catching up). Wine and water were refilled regularly but not in an intrusive way. I would definitely dine here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful TimeRWBEAGLEFLYDined on 11/11/2014A great place to meet and greet with friend or for business. Can't say enough about the service and food. A really great place to spend an hour our two as the time passes easily.Special Features:
- First Timers, Definitely ReturningKafn8dDined on 11/8/2014The food was exceptional. Everything was seasoned perfectly and cooked just right. The wine list was extensive without being overwhelming. Our server was somewhat erratic, but overall attentive. The tables were a bit too close and we were frequently bumped by staff and diners. The background music was present without being obtrusive, and the playlist was pleasantly evocative of a European vibe. Prices were quite reasonable given the quality and quantity of the food. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what's with the wine list?GreatCookDined on 11/5/2014Really good restaurant, lovely service, but the wine list seems ridiculously over-priced. The least expensive pinot noir is $48? Really? It was a good wine, but certainly not great. Perhaps I'm out of touch. Also, not to quibble, but if a restaurant does not provide salt and pepper on the table, one expects every item on one's plate to be perfectly sauced and flavored. Alas, my green beans were so bland and flavorless, I could not eat them. On the other hand, the crab spring roll appetizer was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for dinner with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014We went to Bazin's for a thank you dinner with friends. Just what we wanted... timely reservation, nice table, great service, and every dish fantastic. Great, great, great.Special Features:
- Excellent MealArlingtonNativeVIPDined on 10/31/2014We had an excellent meal at Bazin's and certainly will repeat. We were there on Halloween night and they seemed a little understaffed and service suffered a little. I believe that was an aberration and I am hopeful that on our next visit that will not be the case. It is a neighborhood gem. the Flounder stuffed with lump crab meat was cooked perfectly although I wished I had been able to slice a piece off and get it to the sauce without having the rice attached as that was not possible as the Flounder was served on top of a pile of rice. I just felt that the sauce complemented the Flounder very well and the rice detracted from the combination. The salt caramel tart is rich and delicious. The wine list is extensive and reasonable.Special Features:
- Bazin's on Church Never DisappointsShannonDined on 10/30/2014Once again I enjoyed a fabulous meal at Bazin's on Church in Vienna. Even though I opted for a "just a salad" for lunch, the ingredients were fresh and delicious, the flavors mingled wonderfully and the slightly toasted wheat bread brought by our server balanced all that health food. Our server was extremely prompt and professional, enabling my friend and I to relax and enjoy ourselves. I'm so glad we have such a fabulous option in my home town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014Bazin's has a nice ambiance, great wine list and excellent food. It's fun to have a neighborhood restaurant with a donwtown vibe. I enjoy dining at Bazin's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wolf Fish/Pimento Cheese TenderloinJumaVIPDined on 10/29/2014I always go for the potato and lobster ravioli, but I wanted to try both of the dishes listed above. My friend and I shared. Both were buttery and soft, exquisitely seasoned. Highly recommend them both. Hope they can add the Wolf Fish to their permanent menu. The only dish I've EVER not absolutely loved there was their salmon salad.Special Features:
- Always ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/23/2014Bazin's always provides high quality food, very good service, and a lively atmosphere. Might be too loud for some, but high energy. Service very good, but not great, considering high prices. Not overtly kid friendly, but they did a small steak for my 10 year old that was excellent. Prices make it a special event place, rather than a regular haunt.Special Features:
- Bazin ExperienceCobraADined on 10/22/2014This was our first time at Bazin's. The waiter was very pleasant and attentive. The food was very delicious...we tried the salmon and short ribs...both very good! When we arrived about 5:30, it was not very busy so we had our pick of tables. Noise level was low so it was very easy to carry on a conversation. However, when we were finishing our coffee (about 7:15pm), the tables were filling up fast and the noise level was beginning to significantly increase in volume. Overall, great experience. Just beware...the prices are a bit high (average $30 a meal). The bar was humming! Next time I will try a visit to the bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently fantastichappydinerVIPDined on 10/18/2014This is one of my favorite places in Northern VA. It is consistently outstanding! Food is always flawless, and service is top notch. We took friends there, and they could see why we rave about it!Special Features:
- Just greatSkinnyChic8Dined on 10/18/2014Wonderful place in Vienna. I've been coming here for years and never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful!AEN29Dined on 10/17/2014Bazin's never fails to delight. I was on the hook for finding an interesting dinner spot for a friend who travels all over the world. I thought he'd like Bazin's - it's small and charming, with a good wine list. Well, I was right. Partway through dinner, he announced, "this is the best filet mignon I've ever had, I think in my whole life" I also had the filet, and thought the same. Everything else, from appetizers to desserts was both interesting in presentation and composition, as well as being delicious. There was plenty to like on the wine list, as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousasdfVIPDined on 10/15/2014Interesting menu with a lot of great appetizers. It could use a little more on the vegetarian side, but everything we had was excellent.Special Features:
- Great evening out!mmpeatsDined on 10/10/2014Bazin's on Church never disappoints! The service was great and the food was delicious! I had the sea bass and it was cooked to perfection. I was there for a girls' night out, but can't wait to go back with my husband!Special Features:
- Great appetizersRickGVIPDined on 10/5/2014At Sunday brunch, the fried oysters on creamed spinach was good and I don't usually like creamed spinach. The crab-filled eggroll was even better. The salads we had afterwards were just OK. The music was enjoyable, but we had bad timing and only heard one complete song, as the band was eating at the same time we were.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentFoodyDined on 10/2/2014I've been to Bazin's several times and it's always been very good. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent fish selectionPlus1Dined on 10/1/2014excellent menu and wine selection. Warm and inviting dining room and personable restaurant staff. A must visit for locals and visitors in the DC area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- as always greatLynnemVIPDined on 10/1/2014This is my go to restaurant I can count on the food and the serviceSpecial Features:
- Excellent wine dinnerJeffVIPDined on 9/30/2014Attended one of their wine dinners (Canard Winery). Well thought out menu, everything well paired (and prepared). Any one of the courses would have been the centerpiece of an excellent meal. If anything the portions were a little large, which is hardly a complaint (they wrapped a few things to-go). Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wedding anniversary mealukdinersDined on 9/30/2014Excellent food and great wine selection. Friendly staff and well priced. Asked for a quiet table but a loud party was later seated next to us. That said, it didnt detract from a pleasant evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special Place to DineRWBEAGLEFLYDined on 9/27/2014Bazin's on Church is a place for all. Excellent food and service and they know how to meet your requests. If you want lively action sit near the bar. If you want a little quieter evening ask to be seated to the back of the placed. Do keep in mind that this is an open lively atmosphere that is enjoyable and pleasant if you help the management understand what you are looking for in your evening. The wine list is well organized and an excellent selection. Our meals were exceptional across the board – the New York strip steak and Chilean Sea Bass we particularly good. We are looking forward to our next evening out at Bazin’s.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten-Free Friendly!Love2eatoutDined on 9/27/2014All other wonderful things implied (great food, great service, etc.) - there's a whole side of the menu dedicated to GF dining! What a great surprise. AND a knowledgeable waiter who knew if the specials were GF.Special Features:
- Great restaurant, but reserve earlyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/26/2014We have always loved Bazin's -- however, it is not a "last minute" restaurant. Due to its popularity, reserving early is a must. Food, service, wine selection are top notch!Special Features:
- Bazin's doesn't disappointBaeberDined on 9/26/2014Went to Bazin's for my birthday this past week. The food was great, as expected. The filet was done perfectly, with green beans and a potato bacon cake. Yum! My boyfriend had the salmon and said it was excellent as well. The only bad part was the server, who was monosyllabic and pretty inattentive. Oh well. He didn't ruin what was otherwise a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Night RestaurantNatashaDined on 9/20/2014Lots of folks told me about the great food at Bazin's and they were correct. We ordered the oysters and tuna tartare as appetizers and they were excellent. As entree, we ordered the duck breast and the meat mix grill which were both excellent as well. Dessert was wonderful and all the choices sounded delicious so it was difficult to choose. The wine selection was good but pricey. Bazin's tries to make their restaurant very exclusive. We tried to go there before without reservations and we were turned away. This time I reserved and was disappointed with the table we we given right next to the door. The couple ahead of us did not have reservations and they were turned away, yet, the table for 2 across from us remained free throughout dinner?Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerViennaLNODined on 9/19/2014I believe Oscar was our waiter and he was excellent! We had a lovely dinner starting with mushroom ravioli and crab spring roll appetizers, main course of the blue cheese crusted steak and sea bass (hands down the BEST fish I've had in forever) and a "blah" key lime pie for dessert. The service was wonderful. They should change the key lime selection as it seemed like it was a frozen dessert sliced in the back and topped with blueberries that actually detracted from it.Special Features:
- First Dinner at Bazin'sSandyDined on 9/16/2014The champagne we started with was very enjoyable with the appetizers of a crispy crab roll and zesty slaw, and my husband's delicate oysters attractively arranged over a well-seasoned spinach puree. When we asked for a recommendation for a bottle of wine to accompany the short ribs and steak, the waiter said he would consult with the chef for a recommendation. We were very happy he did because the Mi Sueno 2009 cab was a great choice! I loved my short ribs with root veggies. My husband ordered the flat iron steak with garlic fries. His steak was perfectly cooked, but the sauce was not inspired and the fries lacked garlic flavor and crispness. (My husband did not mention this to our waiter.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014Food was great but portions were a little smaller than I would have liked. Service was pretty bad but I think I just got a bad server. He wasn't very busy so the amount of attention I received should have been better, and had KICKING breath. I would go back with caution.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had agreat dining experience.JumpinjohnnyGDined on 9/12/2014Short ribs are fantastic. You cannot go wrong with any of their apps. They are all good.Special Features:
- Excellent dinner at Bazin's!BDTJrVIPDined on 9/12/2014My wife and I enjoyed an excellent dinner; with exceptional service, great food, and an upbeat dining environment on Friday night! The wines that the waiter recommended were excellent, too.Special Features:
- One of Northern Virginia's BestBillDined on 9/12/2014Bazin's on Church never disappoints. The food is always outstanding. The wine list has plenty of fine, affordable selections. We have been going there for years and look forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.