Bazin's on Church
111 Church Street NW
Vienna, VA 22180Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Bazin's on Church
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bazinsonchurch.com/
- Phone: 7032557212x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm;
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Patrick Bazin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We provide a wide range of catering services and can do anything from hors d'oeuvres for a cocktail party to a multi-course meal with wine pairings. E-mail Julie@bazinsonchurch.com with inquiries.
- Private Party Facilities: Bazin's on Church is an 85 seat restaurant and is available for private dining only if "buying out the entire restaurant". We do not have private dining rooms, but a beautiful, open space that works well for special events. Our restaurant may also be rented out on Mondays, day or night, and on Saturdays, from 11am-3:30pm
- Private Party Contact: Julie Bazin 7032557212x
- Special Events: Wine dinners usually once a month. Please check web-site for dates.
A word from Bazin's on Church
Evoking the feeling of an old bistro, yet with a contemporary twist, Bazin's on Church brings to Vienna an inviting neighborhood dining experience. Bazin's on Church offers a contemporary American menu featuring organic and seasonal ingredients. The wine bar features a collection of wonderful wines from around the world, with an emphasis on California.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bazin's on Church reviews from OpenTable diners
210 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (140)fit for foodies (96)special occasion (88)notable wine list (68)great for lunch (50)great for brunch (39)good for groups (33)romantic (32)vibrant bar scene (20)hot spot (16)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- First Dinner at Bazin'sSandyDined on 9/16/2014The champagne we started with was very enjoyable with the appetizers of a crispy crab roll and zesty slaw, and my husband's delicate oysters attractively arranged over a well-seasoned spinach puree. When we asked for a recommendation for a bottle of wine to accompany the short ribs and steak, the waiter said he would consult with the chef for a recommendation. We were very happy he did because the Mi Sueno 2009 cab was a great choice! I loved my short ribs with root veggies. My husband ordered the flat iron steak with garlic fries. His steak was perfectly cooked, but the sauce was not inspired and the fries lacked garlic flavor and crispness. (My husband did not mention this to our waiter.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014Food was great but portions were a little smaller than I would have liked. Service was pretty bad but I think I just got a bad server. He wasn't very busy so the amount of attention I received should have been better, and had KICKING breath. I would go back with caution.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had agreat dining experience.JumpinjohnnyGDined on 9/12/2014Short ribs are fantastic. You cannot go wrong with any of their apps. They are all good.Special Features:
- Excellent dinner at Bazin's!BDTJrVIPDined on 9/12/2014My wife and I enjoyed an excellent dinner; with exceptional service, great food, and an upbeat dining environment on Friday night! The wines that the waiter recommended were excellent, too.Special Features:
- One of Northern Virginia's BestBillDined on 9/12/2014Bazin's on Church never disappoints. The food is always outstanding. The wine list has plenty of fine, affordable selections. We have been going there for years and look forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/6/2014Menu was interesting, food was delicious, service was very good.Special Features:
- averageOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/6/2014My wife liked the sea bass. My veal was over cooked, to dry for my taste.
- reliably good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/5/2014Food, wine, service are always solid at this polished locally-owned gem. You can count on a warm greeting and a well prepared meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodEvansMommie03Dined on 9/5/2014Had to got back to Bazin's given the great reviews. I went a few times over the years and thought it was only okay. Went back last Friday - glad I did. Salted caramel tart is insane. Dinner and wine were also very good. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/4/2014Bazin's on Church has excellent, what I would consider high-end food and a nice ambience. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Disappointinggr8teatsVAMDDCDined on 8/30/2014Bazins looked like the kind of place I couldn't go wrong with, so I was very surprised when it turned out to be a terrible experience. The food overall is okay, but nothing extraordinary. The drink value overall is very poor for the cost, with wines being a meager poor. The service was absolutely abysmal. We waited 20 minutes for our first drink, because no one as assigned to our table. Then the steak was returned three times to the kitchen for being way undercooked, with even the server looking at it and saying it needed to go back. There are too many great places to go to waste time and money on a place like this. Don't bother.
- Pre-Wolftrap SpotBrownieDined on 8/24/2014When we need a place where we can guarantee we'll get dinner in a timely manner before our show time at Wolftrap, this is a great place, as service is quick. Servers are always pleasant and food is okay, but nothing outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Great atmosphere. Lively smart causal clientele. Chef Bazin is very accessible. Have to try the Chilean Sea bass and the Short-ribs. Highly recommend the Therra Podernuovo big Tuscan cabernet as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Choice of RestaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/23/2014Always a great meal here. My first choice of any restaurant in the Vienna, McLean, Oakton, Reston area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014This was a spectacular meal! I would put this up there with any of the Top 10 restaurants in the area. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New FavoriteJkiserDined on 8/22/2014When my guy and I moved to McLean this past winter, we really did not have high hopes that anyone could match the wonderful dining we enjoyed back in Charleston. Boy, were we wrong. Bazin's was such an experience, one that we come back for every-other-weekend. Most notable is the food, of course, but the exceptional service, attention to detail, and atmosphere really makes Bazin's incredible. We arrived early for our reservation, and were asked if we would be happy sitting at the Chef's Table (an extension of the kitchen, not unlike a bar top). This was something fun for us - view of the open kitchen, attentive staff, and friendly service. Not to mention we were treated especially well by Chef Bazin and Mr. Chris Cunningham - will return.Special Features:
- over ratedMaximoDined on 8/22/2014poor service (as I had been told in advance but sadly didnt listen), overpriced, tables for 2 are on top of each other lacking privacy, no ambience - will not be back.
- LynnemVIPDined on 8/21/2014It was great we had a excellent server and the food as always was very goodSpecial Features:
- vivalavidaVIPDined on 8/20/2014It was my second time at this restaurant. Nice place. The lump crab spring roll appetizer was a delicacy, but the crusted salmon salad was very disappointing thus my lower food rate. The entrees in my first visit were well prepared. I plan to return a 3rd time to check some of their other culinary options for give them another chance for a more fair assessment.
- Bazin's is always wonderful!happydinerVIPDined on 8/17/2014I love this restaurant! We have been going there for years and I continue to be amazed and impressed at not only the very high quality of the food, but the exceptional service as well. We were there for a small birthday dinner and it was lovely! The food was amazing - everything we ordered was really fantastic. And the service was attentive without being "too much." Highly recommend! (In fact, we live further away from Vienna now, and still go out there for special dinners.)Special Features:
- Great find in Viennamike429Dined on 8/17/2014My wife and I had a special date night last Sunday at 6:00 PM, with easy seating and street parking. We were both impressed by the modern, open airy decor. The wait staff was highly attentive and the food was excellent. She had the much-touted Chilean Sea Bass -- pricey at around $35 but out-of-this-world delicious! I ordered the Brancini from the prix fixe side of the menu (appetizer, entree, and desert for $35), and it was also great. I was also pleasantly surprised by a little confusion with our wine order. I asked for one glass each of two different Sauvignon Blancs, mentioning that we wanted to compare them. Our waitress brought them out and poured them like a taste test, asking which one we preferred and wished to order. Wow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eatHappyDinerDined on 8/15/2014Lunch was delicious. There were lots of healthy choices and the food was presented well. Our waiter was attentive, pleasant and efficient. The restaurant is attractive and lends itself to a leisurely meal. It's a good place for friends to catch up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food -oaktonfoodieDined on 8/14/2014We think Bazins on Church is brilliant - the food is wonderful - great choices and exciting flavors. The wait staff was very knowledgable, attentive without being overly attentive. Thoroughly enjoyed our meal there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not our best visit to Bazin'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014This was our fifth visit to your restaurant. I took my husband for his 46th bday celebration along with some family members. I had requested a table at the window as David has had a bad medical year and does better close to natural light. We were seated in the middle of the dining room table but it was a Wednesday night with plenty of open window tables :(. David is a steak lover and unfortunately got a bad cut of meat (super fatty and partially rubbery), he pointed this out to the person who cleared his plate (our server was not to be seen again after the food was brought to the table) who simply shrugged his shoulder. My sister told me afterwards " You raved about THIS place?" :(. Anyway, not the end of the world, but since you asked.
- Awesome food2DebraLynnesDined on 8/1/2014My friend and I are not from Vienna but were meeting there. What an amazing place! We chose it from reviews on the internet. It is clean and bright (lots of windows) and all tables are nice. The menu was really great. We chose a portobello salad to share and I had the aged prime burger and my friend had the filet sliders. Both were so tender and juicy. I rated this burger among the best I've had in 58 years. It was that good! The service was also phenomenal. Very courteous, attentive (just right) and fast. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Loved the crab salad!BrunchLoverVIPDined on 8/1/2014We had lunch on Friday, and everything was great! We enjoyed the crab salad, and the chocolate tart was delish. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Also, if you like gluten free, there are several options on the menu. We will be back.Special Features:
- Love this placeCaraDined on 7/30/2014Every time I eat here I wonder why I don;t come here more. Dinner with two friends - steak, fish and scallop special. All delicious, properly cooked, nicely spiced. We also had a lovely, well-priced NZ sauv blanc. We closed the place, and no one rushed us at all. Excellent restaurant.Special Features:
- Good Sunday brunchTM6782Dined on 7/27/2014Our waiter was excellent. Background music was a little loud for a Sunday brunch crowd. Bazin's Eggs Benedict were very good. Egg sandwich was on a large hard roll that made it difficult to eat. It would be much better if it was served on a choice of toasted breadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent gluten free menuSusanneDined on 7/26/2014One of our party required a gluten free meal and we were delighted to see that half the menu is gluten free! What a delightful change to our dining with these friends...Bazins made this so easy and worry free! Excellent food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good dinner againGlobetrotDined on 7/26/20145th visit to this fine little gem in Vienna. I had the duck this time. Super!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer service ???ken1krisDined on 7/24/2014Waiter did not pay attention to us, got our order wrong ( ordered a steak and got pasta) and food was cold. it was clear that it sat in window and was forgotten. Even worse, no attempt to make it correct.
- Pasta HeaveneatoutfanaticDined on 7/23/2014Great, varied menu. Everything was fresh and delicious. Had the pasta and was in heaven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So glad we checked it out!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014We were looking to try something new and saw all the great reviews. It did not disappoint. Food was fantastic. Sea Bass and Short ribs in particular. All of the appetizers too. We ordered some items from the gluten free selections and while I have no dietary restrictions I wouldn't be scared away from these as there was no sacrifice to flavor. Even the side of green beans was extraordinary flavorful. Waiter was quiet at first but really knew his stuff (from food recommendations to wine regions) All in all an outstanding dinner experience. Our 9 year old loved her food and dessert too. We will definitely be bringing the rest of the family back- including my mother who has celiacs - I can't recall a better gluten free menu anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I keep hoping for moreDCDinerVIPDined on 7/13/2014Each time I go to Bazin's, I keep hoping for it to be better than it is. When it first opened, it was top notch. For years, though, it has settled into just being good for Fairfax County. Things always look better on the menu than they taste, service is always good enough but never really better than that, etc. It's a decent option but does not compel me to return and I only live a few blocks away.
- VAfoodieVIPDined on 7/13/2014This was our first time at Bazin's and we'll be back. Our dinners were excellent (crab cakes and monkfish specials). The crispy oysters were wonderful. The wine list was also a real treat with several of our favorite wines. What to choose? Thank you to the staff at Bazin's for a special dinner.Special Features:
- A Real FindDaveDined on 7/13/2014A lovely spot to dine enroute a show at Wolftrap. Knowledgable and solicitous wait staff, the drinks were first rate, a lovely selection of wines by the glass, and a menu that makes you hungry just reading it. The appetizers were wonderful and the chef nailed our roast duck entrees, and the deserts were delicious!Special Features:
- Wish I could give it 6 starsfoodfanaticDined on 7/12/2014Went to lunch at Bazin's a few weeks ago, and it reminded me that it is one of my favorite restaurants, so when friends asked if we wanted to meet them for dinner, I suggested we go back. And it did not disappoint. The sea bass is absolutely outstanding...... one of the top 5 restaurant dishes I have ever had. The service was impeccable as well. I can't say enough about this fine dining experience. And just down the street is Neilson's homemade custard. What a night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love them oystersFTTViennaDined on 7/11/2014I get the same thing everytime I come here and am never disappointed. I dinned with a vegetarian and before making reservations I asked the hostess abou this and when I got there I found she recommended things that were made with meat.Special Features:
- MikeSDined on 7/11/2014Good, convenient place to meet for my business. Another successful business lunch here. Service always great and food was equally good.Special Features:
- lived up to its billingfkuhlDined on 7/9/2014We've heard nothing but good about Bazin's over the years. Our dinner experience lived up to the billing. Our meals were delicious and inventive. Service was attentive, friendly, and adept; in fact, the best I've experienced in a while. I note the owner, having been diagnosed with ciliac disease, has created gluten-free offerings that don't look like you'd be sacrificing anything.Special Features: