Bazille - Nordstrom San Jose
2400 Forest Avenue
San Jose, CA 95128Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bazille - Nordstrom San Jose
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 4082615787
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M-Sa 10:00am-5:00pm
Lunch: Su 11:00am-5:00pm
Dinner: M-F 5:00pm-9:00pm
Dinner: Sa 5:00pm-8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Carrie Dacruz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
A word from Bazille - Nordstrom San Jose
Bazille is a stylish and comfortable restaurant featuring a contemporary American interpretation of bistro cuisine. The menu is bold in flavor focusing on great appertizers, salads, sandwiches, brick oven pizzas, entrees and housemade desserts. Complementing the menu is a well chosen selection of handcrafted cocktails and wines from many regions. Guests can choose to sit in the dining room or enjoy a drink and food offering in the bar area.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Bazille - Nordstrom San Jose - Best Restaurants in San Jose ›
Bazille - Nordstrom San Jose reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (12)fit for foodies (4)kid-friendly (3)neighborhood gem (3)special occasion (2)romantic (1)good for groups (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- They cancelled our reservationsventoDined on 10/12/2014We usually like this restaurant, but we had reservations at 5:30 (they close at 6:30 on Sunday)... and at 4:30 they called us to tell us they were closing at 5:30 and were cancelling our reservation. Frustrating as we have enjoyed their food in the past. If there was an emergency situation I can understand, but they mentioned nothing, just that they were closing at 5:30. So, sorry, this time they get 2 stars since we couldn't eat there (2 only because the woman who called to tell us was friendly)
- Reasonably good experienceAncientOneVIPDined on 10/12/2014One of the better places to eat in Valley Fair. Location and ambiance is good, and food is not bad. Not spectacular, but again, one of the better places to eat in this mall.
- Best for a mall EVERGirlsNightOUtVIPDined on 9/20/2014We actually love eating here and wish it was our neighborhood restaurant. Amazing for a mall -- we love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and servicehappycamperVIPDined on 9/12/2014Enjoyed a delicious salad and added salmon. My friend loved her salmon and risotto. The waiter was very accommodating, pleasant, and knowledgeable. High kudos are deserved! Nice selection on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the cheesecake!BurgerDragon3Dined on 8/28/2014The White Chocolate Cheesecake is quite unique. Though it is very rich, those who enjoy buttery flavor and decadent desserts will enjoy it very much.Special Features:
- Scrumptous foodRozzleDined on 8/14/2014A friend and I went here on a Thursday night. We were seated promptly and there was a good crowd. I ordered the salmon, and substituted the sauteed spinach for the mushroom risotto. Also ordered a side of fries. My friend ordered the beef sandwich. We loved the french fries, and my friend said her dish was absolutely delicious. My salmon was cooked perfectly and the spinach was seasoned just right. Very flavorful. We ordered and shared desert: the profiteroles and the chocolate cake. The portions were ample, though we finished the profiteroles. I found the cake tasted lighter than I expected, and though not as chocolatey, still very good. Overall an excellent dining experience at Bazille.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for lunchCathyLSGVIPDined on 8/12/2014I have eaten here with my friends while shopping at Valley Fair. It is a great restaurant and far from being mall food. The menu is sophisticated and fresh. I wouldn't eat anywhere else at Valley Fair!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit or MissDPaletteVIPDined on 7/1/2014This is my 3rd visit. The first time the food was decent but the service was horrible. I had to wait to have my order taken, wait to get my food, wait to get the check, wait for my change, etc. I've had to alert several waiters to get things going with my waiter was either MIA or chatting with other customers at the bar. The second time, the food was great and the service was superb. I even wrote a nice not on the bill about the 180 degrees from my last visit. Well, third time is clearly not the charm. Even though I was the ONLY one there in the morning, I waited 30 minutes to get my food and even though the server told me the soup of the day....guess what when I ordered it it wasn't ready. And the food wasn't as good as the second time.
- The following 22 reviews are from the Bazille - Nordstrom San Jose reviews archive.
- a more upscale nordstrom cafehungryjanDined on 5/18/2014food takes awhile to come out, but salad and fries are delicious!Special Features:
- Food ok, service disappointing.feedmyfamilyDined on 5/16/2014The food isn't bad, but it is on the expensive side for what you get. I had the $18 shrimp risotto. Flavors were good, but the portion was on the smaller side and it was all a bit overcooked - risotto was on the mushy side and shrimp on the tough side and there were a lot of pieces of shell stuck to the shrimp aside from the tail. For the price and expectation of a Nordstrom restaurant, the service was disappointing. It took a while to get our order taken, we got one wrong soup (but ate it anyway without complaint), it took so long to get one of our drinks that we ended up canceling it, our waters didn't get refilled as much as they should have, and the server was not very attentive in general.Special Features:
- Disappointing Mother's Day brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014We took my mother-in-law to Bazille for Mother's Day brunch followed by shopping. We reserved the earliest time slot, 11am, and arrived well before any crowds. Despite it being early and Mother's Day, we were handed the standard lunch menu and had to request the brunch menu, which turned out to be quite limited with perhaps 4 different options. The kids were disappointed there were no sweet options (pancakes, french toast, waffles, etc), just eggs. My omelet was good, with fresh ingredients. Though there were only a few occupied tables, our service was quite slow and our meals arrived after those of other tables that came in after us. Maybe this venue is more suitable to lunch crowds looking to grab a drink.Special Features:
- mimiDined on 4/22/2014the food was exelent but the service very bad,the waiter no maner, he didnt smile once or check on us he was very rude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Upgrade" not really an improvementvgsheaDined on 4/16/2014Evidently someone at Nordstrom Intergalactic Headquarters decided that the old Nordstrom Cafe concept was tired. Ordering at the counter is a thing of the past; Bazille is a standard sit-down restaurant. There's no more dropping in on the spur of the moment; you pretty much need a reservation, and the wait for food is up to half an hour. The space is quite noisy and feels less intimate. The full bar is attractive, though I can't help wondering how many people think of Nordstrom for cocktails. Service is still friendly, and the menu hasn't changed too much -- fortunately the Club Bistro sandwich and the amazing crispy fries with the delicious kalamata olive dip are still available. I'll go back, but I liked the old Cafe better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food vs ServicemerpferpDined on 4/13/2014The food was phenomenal (as it always is). But a few times I've come into the restaurant, I've been left without any bread or too little bread for a party of 5. Last time I was there, they were out of fries (which is a bit forgivable because it was fairly close to closing) but I was nonetheless, very disappointed. The food came out promptly but when we were considering dessert, the waitress failed to ask if we would like dessert and brought the check out instead. While I understand that closing was very soon, I found it to be very unprofessional. As I mentioned, the food is great and although the service was subpar, I would still recommend coming here because the food's worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bread Pudding dessert is amazingTomSJVIPDined on 4/11/2014The restaurant is tucked away nicely in the back of Nordstroms, and the ambiance is nice. Depending on your seat you don't even remember that you're in a store. The service was really good - our waiter was really nice and friendly so we enjoyed chatting with him a bit. The food was good, but the real winner was the bread pudding dessert. It takes 10-15 minutes to make, but it is so worth it, as they kind of bake it a bit so its nice and warm, with slight crunch on the outside, and drizzled with white chocolate sauce. It's so delicious. Can't wait to have it again.
- not just a shopping lunchcarolbDined on 4/7/2014Enjoyed watching the wait staff. While absolutely attentive to diners they were talking and laughing with each other. Felt like a good place to work and maybe that explains the very good service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!FoodieVIPDined on 3/26/2014Food was great, nice ambiance. A bit pricey, but good food overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still working itself outBbcdineVIPDined on 3/23/2014We arrived on time for our reservation. We were seated promptly despite how very busy it was. Our order was quickly taken, but it took 37 min to get our two salads. I did appreciate that they brought our son's meal out as soon as it was ready and so he was able to eat in 20 minutes. But they struggled with the demands of a lunch service with a full house. They offered us French onion soups for our inconvenience, but we are on a specific diet and just wanted our salads. Staff was friendly and I appreciated the apologies and acknowledgment. So despite the low score, I am attributing it to working out the kinks. I will try it again due to the convenience of its location, and hope this is just an isolated event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time is a charmQuest4bestDined on 3/7/2014We were here shortly after they reopened and we were very disappointed but this time we were pleasantly surprised. Food was very good. We will be back. Great spot for good food and you don't want to fight the crowds of Santana Row.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noise level "energetic"?carolbDined on 2/19/2014If energetic has become a synonym for uncomfortably noisy, then Bazille is a leader in energetic. I love the gnocchi and the fries but will stay away, at least during busy times. Asked the waiter if there was an area in the restaurant where the sound was less; he said no.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the wait!BoogieBrooke34Dined on 2/14/2014The Kitchen appeared to be a little flustered but the wait staff and host/hostess were excellent. The service was great and although it took a little while for our food to come out, it was worth the wait - SO DELICIOUS! We had the steak, Caesar salad with Chicken, and the White Chocolate Bread Pudding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our family enjoy the varietybehappyDined on 1/20/2014Our family enjoy the variety of food the restaurant has to offer. Very kid friendly. Our favorite place to hangout on Friday. I wish they bring back the weekly special.Special Features:
- Getting BetterWendyCVIPDined on 1/5/2014This is the third time I have tried the new Nordstrom Cafe at Valley Fair and they are improving. I had my old favorite, cilantro lime shrimp salad. The wait staff is still a little slow, but they are getting more attentive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Day, Date with my wifeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/30/2013Special time alone doing wife's favorite thing, shopping at Nordstrom. Added to that a special lunch and wine for both of us on our date. Nice place just to be and unhurried. Paul SmithSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- go for the gnocchicarolbDined on 12/28/2013Wanted comfort food but mac and cheese had shrimp. Ordered Gnocchi carbonara and cannot wait to return to have it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it! So much better thanFoodieDined on 12/23/2013Love it! So much better than the former cafe. Wish all Nordstrom's would switch over to a Bazille or Blue Stove.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strike 2WendyCVIPDined on 12/6/2013Second chance at the new Nordstrom Cafe in Valley Fair. This was our go to, but since the refresh, it has not taken the direction I think they were hoping for. The food is hit and miss. While some of the old wait staff is still there, I have not had the good chance of getting them and the new staff is really slow and not very attentive. I hope they quickly get up to speed and turn things around.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why the change ? Bring back CafeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/2/2013This was formerly Nordstrom Cafe. One no longer orders and pays first before being seated. The menu is similar but expanded. Had the skirt steak and it had a few pieces of rough chewing, thus the lowered rating. Husband's salmon was excellent. Also had to ask the waiter for the black olive dip (even though it's listed as part of the meal.) Service was generally attentive but I imagine if the retastaurant had been full (Monday might after Thanksgiving--it was 1/4 full,) it would have been slow service. They added a full bar and I'm going to wager they expect to make a lot more money with that. We ordered no drinks. Questionable whether we'll go back. I think the Nordstrom Cafe was a better set-up.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2013Remodel and updated menu make this cafe even more delightful. SCRUMPTIOUS food, excellent service! Kept my favorites on the menu and can't wait to try some new additions. Highly recommend and loveeee that they take reservations now! We were seated immediately!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok, but not the same Nordstrom CafeWendyCVIPDined on 11/8/2013This was the first time I had been since they reopened. The restaurant was similar, but more open. I'm really glad they are on Open Table. If I had not made reservations the wait was going to 45 minutes. The service was a little slow, but I'm hoping that they will be improving over time. The food was good, they still have the fries with the olive dip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.