854 South Wellwood Ave
Lindenhurst, NY 11757Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bay-vue.com/
- Phone: 631-991-3370x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 11:30pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 11:30am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from BayVue
BayVue's philosophy is to serve the freshest food available. Whether its fresh fish, steak or a simple luncheon salad, we offer you an enjoyable, casual experience. Come dine with us in our main dining room, outside patios or visit our newest addition, The Rooftop, all overlooking the Great South Bay. Covered patio and outdoor patio seating reservations are weather permitting and cannot be guaranteedContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
BayVue - Best Restaurants in Lindenhurst ›
BayVue reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (72)scenic view (60)neighborhood gem (34)great for lunch (28)good for groups (24)fit for foodies (16)special occasion (15)vibrant bar scene (13)kid-friendly (12)great for brunch (11)romantic (10)late-night find (10)hot spot (7)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great outdoor dining!DonnajoeVIPDined on 9/14/2014Really lovely ambiance with both boat and water view. Food was very good had the salmon very tasty and the drinks were delicious had pineapple mojito. We had the crab cake appetizer really good. Would definitely recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Servive Too QuickOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Went out for dinner with my wife on a rainy Saturday night. We made reservations but the restaurant was not busy my guess was that it was weather related. We felt rushed from the start. We were just handed the menu and the waitress wanted us to order drinks. We ordered appts. and our main course which were delish but throughout the dinner we felt a little rushed even though half the restaurant was empty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014The atmosphere was very nice....outdoor, on the water, which is just what I wanted. The food was ok, but I can't say it was anything special. There were 5 of us (all girls), 2 ordered 1 glass of wine each, 2 had 1 soda each and 1 had water. For dessert: 4 coffees and 1 piece of cake. The bill was $200. A little pricey for an average meal...I assume your paying for the atmosphere. Our waitress, Linda, however, was excellent. She was very pleasant, extremely accomodating and made us feel like we were the only ones there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewfiyahdVIPDined on 8/31/2014Food wasn't bad, but you come to enjoy the water view. Average fare overall.Special Features:
- all around good place to go!!!kimmieDined on 8/23/2014Loved the food! Beautiful views! loved the rooftop bar area! Great outdoor eating ! service was very good also I would go back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sassiDined on 8/23/2014food was very good. server was delightful and very attentive. a little noisy but the view more than compensated. will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingCORKYDined on 8/23/2014the service and food was over the top our party of four were planing our next dinner and a possible lunch soon the other couple daughter ans son in law leave in Conn.Special Features:
- Great girls night get togethermujerVIPDined on 8/20/2014Can't beat the view and the location to all of us .. Service is slow but food was good . Prices a little high but someone has to pay the rentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Loved the food service was great, not too pricey. Car horn beeping from security at the entrance of Marina was a distractionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eats out a lotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014the sesame tuna was very good. I have been there for lunch and would recommend it highly.Special Features:
- FantasticPumpkinVIPDined on 8/11/2014I love this place. Whether we sit up on the deck for just drinks and appetizers or have a full dinner on the patio, it is always great. The food is fantastic, and you can't beat dining on the water on a wonderful summer. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Been here before...VinnyNDined on 8/6/2014I ordered the shrimp fra diavlo and it was delicious. My only complaint is that when serving shrimp in a red sauce, why not take the shell off the tails. I do that when I prepare it. I don't like handling the shrimp soaked in sauce and there is too much meat in the tail to leave it behind. My wife ordered the broiled platter. This time it was a bit dry and the rice pilaf was browned a bit too much where it was too crunchy. i like this restaurant so I will be back. Wait staff is alway attentive and friendly, the menu is innovative and prices are reasonable. But I did deduct a star.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Outdoor Dining ExperienceSeafoodLoverDined on 8/4/2014Girls night out was a big success. We stayed away from the pricey drinks but enjoyed an array of seafood dishes. It was a beautiful night. Nice ambiance on the outside deck. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Food was good and there was a great view of the water form the patio deck. Only negative was parking. They have a very tiny lot and we had to park a couple of blocks away.Special Features:
- DisappointedBuckDined on 7/24/2014We sat for 15 minutes before a server even approached our table to ask what we'd like to drink. When we finally ordered our drinks the server says, "Do you know what you want to eat too?" Our expectations regarding service, ambiance and price were certainly not met.Special Features:
- Great food and service.LaurenDined on 7/20/2014The place is cute and food was good. The food runner gave one of us the wrong food and the manager did the right thing and took it off the bill. Definitely would return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where's the lobster?GrkqtFoodieDined on 7/20/2014Slow service. Beautiful view. Calamari was fresh but found a hair in our sweet chili sauce (didnt belong to anyone at my table). Lobster roll barely had any lobster and instead they camouflaged it with chopped tomatoes so it looked fuller and the bun was charred - didnt send it back because it took 45 minutes to get our food in the first place. Crabcake roll was good but can tell it was fried in dirty oil. I would give it another shot though to see if other items were better. Much quieter and less traffic than trying to go to Freeport or Long Beach to eat.Special Features:
- First and lastTod4VIPDined on 7/18/2014I hade made a reservation for 8pm on a Friday and arrived 15 minutes early. My party was seated under the awning and right next to the service area which is probably the worst location to be. Not only was is loud from the smashing of plates and cups we kept having bus boys going over are heads with buckets of plates. The appetizers were great but our table wasn't even cleared when the entrees came out. Food was ok but my broccoli was burned. Not the best experience and no floor managers to direct staff. Ps the view of the water was blocked by other tables and being next to the bus station.Special Features:
- First time here but not the last!ClasActVIPDined on 7/17/2014Loved the 1/2 price apps at happy hour! Great service, food, drinks and view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014The setting was very relaxing. We had a great view of the water. The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food overly expensive, dried outDisappointedDined on 7/6/2014Defintely not worth the money; a quarter glass of wine was $8.50. I guess you are just paying for sitting on an outside deck !Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/2/2014The scenic view was beautiful, the food was fine, but the service was AWFUL. I don't think it was the fault of the servers, they seemed to be working hard. I think management has to hire more help. It was hard to get a drink at the bar (very busy) and at the table, orders of wine went unfilled, table did not get bussed...very slow meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner out with the new bossOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014Took my new boss out to dinner on his visit here from the UK. He enjoyed the scenic views and we all enjoyed the nice weather outside. Food was great - everyone enjoyed.Special Features:
- honeyVIPDined on 7/1/2014Totally enjoy the food and the view each time I've been here for lunch Now looking forward to a wonderful dinner experience. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't listen to others, try itlovetoeatout123Dined on 6/28/2014Reading the reviews, I almost passed, so glad I didnt, great food, great service. There was a bit of a wait after appetizers but we liked that, we didnt feel rushed out to get anyone else to our table. I made reservation on line and we were seated immediately on a busy sat evening at 7:45. Will definitely go back. Service was top notch, food was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great dining experience!MrsPowderDined on 6/28/2014My only disappointment throughout the evening was that my shrimp parmagan had a certain spice in it that made it taste "hot". Was not crazy about it. Other wise, we had a great waitress, sat outside on a beautiful night, and had a very good playing while we were eating and were still able to talk amongst ourselves (4 of us). Just a very pleasant night out!Special Features:
- Lovely settingjbotDined on 6/28/2014The outdoor table was perfect for a warm summer evening. The food was average. The rolls served were cool, damp and appeared to be refrigerated tube type crescent rolls. Parking was quite difficult. Service was warm and friendly. If the food quality improves, this would be a perfect summer location for lunch, dinner or a drink!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Early DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Second visit here after an enjoyable first visit with work. Enjoyed a wondersful romantic dinner while watching the water and boats on a great Saturday. Raw oysters were terrific and enjoyed the Talapia oreganata -- also fantastic.Special Features:
- Business dinner went greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014Picked this spot for a small business dinner with guests from the UK. Really enjoyed the water view and great food. Nice variety of dishes: seafood, steak, chicken and salads. This was important for a diverse group. Everyone ordered seafood and all enjoyed their meals. Moderately priced to keep the expence reports in line. Our server was very attentive and polite. Nice way to end a busy work day with overseas guests. They enjoyed the water views -- making their business trip special to enjoy Long Island beyond the office walls. Took a walk later on the dock to enjoy the sunset.Special Features:
- Good food but not our ServerPisanoDined on 6/24/2014Our a Server was absent most the time we had to ask another server to please find her, two salads came out at different times by the runner, we had to ask her where the other salad was. Temp on good was requested but came out wrong had to send it back. Had to ask another server to get our check. Just ruins the conversation when you have to keep an eye out for the server
- A little disappointed..MandaDined on 6/23/2014The service was OK not really attentive. The food was just OK too, plates were dirty - presentation was unclean. We ordered a pitcher of sangria, the pitcher was a faded Bacardi jug with chips all over - not to mention our glasses were filthy. The food was sloppy my date got a bake potato it was so dry almost looked microwave to heat up. Menu was small which I enjoy I feel it give the chefs more time to focus on making the dishes right, not in this case everything was slopped together. For a $140 dinner I would have expected a better experience. We wont be going back.Special Features:
- awesomeeatingDined on 6/22/2014The restaurant was excellent. The food was fresh and hot and the ambiance.... right on the water!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solstice supperAlFrescoFanDined on 6/21/2014We ate on the deck overlooking Great South Bay on the first day of summer. The live music wasn't overamped to the point where we couldn't hear our dinner companions talking, and as a plus, they played one of my favorite songs right off the bat. Service was pleasant, but one of us ordered soup as an appetizer, with a salad as a main course, and both came out together with all the other entrees. The food was fresh, tasted great, portions are fine, not huge. The winning entree at our table was the tilapia with shrimp, pasta, tomatoes and spinach. We weren't rushed out the door, and were able to enjoy a glass of wine and music on a lovely night. We exited through the dining room, which was VERY noisy; would not have wanted to eat in there.Special Features:
- Nice People, Great ViewtheatregoerDined on 6/20/2014BayVue is the perfec name for this restaurant. The outdoor deck and the covered patio both give a great view of the bay marina. The staff was very nice and accommodating. There is a fun summer drink menu. Food was good. Service was a bit slow (long wait for entrees). But, by far, the only serious reason not to try this restaurant: very difficult to park if you don't have a town permit. If you head there during the summer months, be prepared to hunt for a spot.Special Features:
- NEVER GOING BACKPOORDined on 6/20/2014I will probably never go back to BayVue. It was unfortunate because the restaurant was beautiful & the scene was wonderful but the food was horrible as well as the service. We waited OVER 2 hours for our food on a Friday night and there weren't even that many people in the restaurant. We also did not even order food that was "cooked". I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- Bohuntr1Dined on 6/15/2014We had reservations for 6:15 and didn't get seated until 7:30ish. Not very happy about that. Food was very good, tabel service was good. Nice location with outdoor seating. I would go again and hope the wait was just a one time thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/14/2014The food was very good and the view was amazing! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cold food/slow kitchencheryljessieVIPDined on 6/14/2014Very unimpressed with restaurant. Took 45 minutes to get our food. The table next to us ordered after us and was done eating before our food even came. Two of the dishes came out cold. We were looking forward to eating here but would not come back because of this. It was not cheap, although after asking to see a manager, we were compted the two dishes that were cold. We would have rather paid for them hot and not waited 45 minutes.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/14/2014Bay Vue is a hidden gem. We dined there all winter long. The crab cake sandwich will leave you craving it for the next time! The sweet potatoe fries dipped in their special maple syrup concoction is incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HatestocookDined on 6/13/2014We've been here many times. We've always enjoyed it very much. Really love the upper deck before going downstairs to eat..Special Features: