900 Bayside Drive
Newport Beach, CA 92660Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.baysiderestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9497211222
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Paul Gstrein
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live music 7 nights a week and Sunday Brunch
- Special Events: From wedding receptions to corporate functions, Bayside can accommodate from 20 to 200 guests with the ideal setting. Take a tour of the rooms available to you.
A word from Bayside Restaurant
New American cuisine comes to life in this custom-designed location overlooking the harbor in Newport Beach, California. Award-winning Executive Chef Paul Gstrein brings culinary drama to his inventive dishes for lunch, dinner and the enormously popular Champagne Sunday Brunch. Lunch, dinner or brunch dining may all be enjoyed al fresco on our wrap-around patio, made comfortable with built-in heaters and sun drapes. Complementing the kitchen is a circular glass wine cellar that boasts more than 2500 bottles of wine favorites from around the world.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Bayside Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Newport Beach ›
Bayside Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
137 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (80)fit for foodies (59)neighborhood gem (59)romantic (51)notable wine list (41)good for groups (36)great for brunch (35)great for outdoor dining (35)vibrant bar scene (33)great for lunch (33)scenic view (29)late-night find (16)hot spot (12)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Portion sizeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014The food was very good but the halibut portions were small...disappointing especially since my girlfriend's salmon portions were twice the size. The ambiance was pleasant especially when it became dark outside. The lighting was soft and the live piano music was enjoyable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/14/2014Great Food and Service. Best Brunch I have had in years. Relaxing environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, nice decorativemarinDined on 9/13/2014I had dinner with my friend, total 4 party. Food and wine was great, live music on Saturday. It was fun dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceChuckCVIPDined on 9/12/2014This place is becoming our favorite. The food and service is excellent and the Friday night band is outstanding. The regular menu is very good and the bar menu is certainly the best in town.Special Features:
- Bayside xxxBBfoodratingDined on 9/8/2014Been there several times, food consistently good, service usually excellent as well. This time there was the very annoying practice of delivering drink and/or food to part of the table. Those who were served had to wait for rest opf table to be served.Special Features:
- TXJudiVIPDined on 9/7/2014Peaceful atmosphere with live piano playing. Wait staff know some customers by name. Food delicious. If you want a vibrant bar scene, this isn't it. If you want a gracious relaxing meal, this is it.Special Features:
- Perfect dinnerLuvbnmomDined on 9/6/2014Something for everyone. Wanting to go somewhere new came across this. Quoted a 9pm reservation over the phone, but open table had the time we wanted. Our food was perfect. I ordered something not on the menu and had no problem! Service was perfect!!! Will go back again and again.Special Features:
- RickVIPDined on 9/6/2014The food and service was very good but the change in the setting, table 69, into bench seats is not good.
- ConnieVIPDined on 9/3/2014As always the food was outstanding and so was Larry's service. We were celebrating my husband's birthday and everything was perfect. Love the pork chops!Special Features:
- Nice place with great foodOrrlfrdVIPDined on 9/3/2014Nicely decorated place, quiet dining room area with live piano music. Service excellent and food overall very good especially mushroom crusted halibut and rack of lamb and tomato bisque soup. Won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- consistently greatLeneVIPDined on 8/31/2014We are in Newport 1 week a year and we make sure to come to Bayside one night because we always have great dinners there. Our guests always agree.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantKeithDined on 8/30/2014Great menu selection, excellent food, terrific service, reasonable prices, and very pleasant view or the Bay. Due to my hearing disability with noise sensitivity, we asked to be moved to a quieter table. The manager and staff were very accommodating and pleasant about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food slow serviceBzzbeeDined on 8/30/2014Had the prawns and the chicken. The prawns were excellent. The chicken was good, but not on par with the prawns. Service was extremely slow at times. Our reservation was at 6:30 and the place was practically empty. From the time we finished eating till they cleared our plates was just under 20 min. Then another 10-15 before the waiter came to offer coffee or dessert. They had live music which was perfect. We didn't mind the wait due to the music and great conversationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good food, but....TimmyTDined on 8/25/2014I love this place, and this normally hasn't been my experience, but the hostess was a total B. Some young lady with dyed blonde hair with this total arrogance; no smile, no eye contact, downright rude. Unfortunately, you find that type of attitude at a lot of the fine dining places in Orange County, but I hadn't experienced it at Bayside. Hopefully she doesn't stick around for long.
- Worst Service I've ever received!DisappointedDined on 8/16/2014Our party of 4 arrived to the restaurant around 6:40 pm. We were seated right away in the corner patio with the view of the bay. Very lovely. The waitress came to the table and presented herself very aloof and sloppy. We ordered 2 MaiTai and 2 Pina Coladas, the 2 MaiTai were extremely strong and distasteful and the Pina Coladas were runny and also distasteful, not too go without mentioning that the first one I received had a black hair in it. We ordered and our food came out about an hour and 20 minutes later. Another guest from a different table complained about their wait for their meal. The bill was a total of $262, half of the food and most of the service were not worth the amount we paid. Left very disappointed.Special Features:
- Great as usual!JohnVIPDined on 8/16/2014Another wonderful dining experience! Food is excellent and service is top-notch!Special Features:
- Bayside has always good foodmaryannVIPDined on 8/14/2014Bayside has been one of my favorite restaurants since I moved to Newport Beach in 1996 for its consistently good foodSpecial Features:
- dundeeDined on 8/9/2014Our dinner the other night was wonderful. Servicewas great.Special Features:
- Wonderful surprise!FoodieGalDined on 8/8/2014We booked a special dinner at this restaurant for my daughter and her two best friends to celebrate heading off for college - they are all headed in different directions. We called ahead of time and asked to make the evening special for them. The staff did, and they really helped them have a lovely, lovely evening. So thank you!Special Features:
- DeliciousDietitianVIPDined on 8/5/2014Bayside is consistently excellent. When dining outside the traffic noise is loud therefore we'll stay inside on our next visit. We'll return soon especially for the New Orleans Bread Pudding which is worth any calories consumed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014The best fish entree (ocean trout) steel head that I have ever eaten. Service was fantastic. Great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceSGVDinerVIPDined on 8/2/2014This is our first visit and we enjoyed the entire experience. We ordered the crab cake, shrimp and crab salad and the Halibut which were all fresh, delicious and well presented. The venison was outstanding. We sat at the outdoor deck which is quiet and scenic while people who like music can enjoy the live performance inside the restaurant. We will surely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/29/2014Celebrating my birthday. Dinner and service were superb. Was planning to leave after dinner but enjoyed the live piano and stayed to enjoy the evening a little longer in the bar area. Food was delicious. Expect to be back.Special Features:
- SIMPLY THE BESTOCDINERVIPDined on 7/24/2014Bayside is the best restaurant in Orange County! The food and service is always excellent, no matter what you order. If you haven't dined here, you need to.Special Features:
- Remodeled gemEricDined on 7/21/2014Perfect place for a late night dinner. The food was excellent, my swordfish was done perfectly and the waitress knew exactly what we were describing for our wine preference and had very good recommendations. The "Piano Man" played old favorites but was not intrusive and it was easy to converse over him. Because it was late the restaurant was not full but I feel it might be noisy if it was close to booked. My husband loved the Venison. The waitress was definitely experienced and did an excellent job, she knew when to pour wine and check on us and when not to .She described the entrees very well and let us know how the chef prepares dishes. She was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experience.AaronDined on 7/21/2014My girlfriend and I went here for a special date in SoCal and was not let down. The Bayside has amazing food with a extremely trained wait staff. We could not have had a better experience. Our waitress recommended the rib-eye steak, which turned out to be a gift from the foodie gods. In addition to the rib-eye (5/5), we ordered the Shanghai Calamari (5/5), Smoked Salmon Flatbread (4/5), Venison with Potato Gnocchi (5/5). We had a great overall experience.Special Features:
- Bayside - Newport BeachSteakloverVIPDined on 7/19/2014Had another excellent dinner at Bayside this weekend. The atmosphere is very nice, although the music can be a little loud if you sit close to the piano. The service is very good. But, most importantly, the food is absolutely delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvnewyorkdiningLuvnewyorkdiningDined on 7/19/2014My husband & I had been traveling all day & dealing with cancelled flights, delays & airline personnel. We just wanted an early dinner in a relaxed atmosphere. At Bayside we got much more than that! The service was fantastic & the food was delicious. We shared both an appetizer & entree. They split the plates for us. The mussels were among the best I've ever eaten. The risotto was great & the chocolate cake delicious. We definitely will return before we leave.Special Features:
- Definitely a FanKatKDined on 7/18/2014Loved the food, service and musical entertainment!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 7/18/2014absolutely delicious!!!! crab cake was amazing as was the snow crab cocktail. went for lunch and would love to go back for dinner. wonderful service.Special Features:
- Great Dinning ExperienceLovetodineVIPDined on 7/15/2014Bayside is one of my favorite restaurants in the OC. Friendly, relaxed but yet sophisticated. There is a European feeling with very good food, attentive and professional service and a great wine list. You never feel rushed and there is the neighborhood feeling of a restaurant that wants you to come back often. A wonderful place for a quiet and relaxed lunch and with good live music every night.Special Features:
- Solid ChoiceMicMozVIPDined on 7/12/2014While Bayside may not be trendy, it delivers with comfortable well designed space, gracious service, and well prepared if predictable offerings. So it is not a good choice for foodies, but if you want a really well prepared meal with generous portion sizes this is a great choice. It's nice to have side dishes included with the main course and have those sides be well prepared. The lobster appetizer was great as was my rack of lamb and my wife's seafood pasta. All good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014The food was amazing both in flavors and presentation, but the service was not on par. We orered appetizers and felt rushed because the salads arrived before we had finished. Our waiter seemed oblivious. The busboy who was filling our water glasses did an outstanding job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014Our food was great and our server Jamie was one of the best all-around we've ever had. He is an experienced professional and his service made the dining experience one we will repeat soon.Special Features:
- WeebeastieDined on 7/9/2014Very interesting preparation and presentation of their food. The service is fun and very professional . The room has a nice buzz and a very good piano player near the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for business lunchbearcubsmomDined on 7/9/2014the pea risotto with shrimp was outstanding! Service was outstandingSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/8/2014Nice local restaurant and I always get a good meal there with a nice bar scene.Special Features:
- Good food but terrible serviceEastcoastNativeDined on 7/5/2014Some of the food was really good and some not so good. It took 45 minutes to get a menu and an hour before we got our initial drinks. The bread actually came out after the appetizers which were about 1.5 hours and when the main course finally came they brought 2 dishes from another table and completely missed a meal. The whole restaurant seemed to be running in slow motion. However some of the seafood was very good. I might go back just to see if it was the server or the whole operation that was that bad.
- paradise7Dined on 6/28/2014Food was great as always. The waiter we had was wonderful. I was there for a special occasion and it was and they handled it just right. I would recommend this to my friends.Special Features:
- Meal to remember!ShoshanaVIPDined on 6/28/2014Every course was outstanding. This restaurant won us over from the friendliness and professionalism of the staff to the delectable dishes. Try the bruschetta! The scallops were perfect (I'm very picky), and everything was beautifully prepared. We are already planning our next dinner at Bayside.Special Features: