430 Dauphine Street
New Orleans, LA 70114Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bayona.com/
- Phone: 5045254455x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 1:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: Starting at 6:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Susan Spicer
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: All details regarding lunch and dinner parties as well as sample contracts can be found at the Bayona website.
A word from Bayona
Bayona, in its 22nd year, is nestled in the heart of the French Quarter in a charming 200 year old Creole Cottage punctuated by a lush, tropical courtyard. The cuisine of our James Beard Award winning Chef Susan Spicer is rooted in France, circles the globe for inspiration, and lands firmly in New Orleans to embrace the wealth of our local bounty and rich cuisine. Chef Spicer's partner Regina Keever has assembled a staff that is dedicated to expertly guiding you through your wine list and menu choices in order to seamlessly serve you in a knowledgeable, unpretentious, and professional manner. Regina and Susan would like to cordially invite you to join us and experience for yourself the atmosphere, cuisine, and service of one of New Orleans great gifts to the culinary world.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Bayona - Best Restaurants in French Quarter ›
Bayona reviews from OpenTable diners
293 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (214)special occasion (189)romantic (168)neighborhood gem (132)notable wine list (113)great for outdoor dining (93)great for lunch (66)great for brunch (36)good for groups (31)hot spot (27)scenic view (18)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Bayona Was NirvanaThinkConnieLDined on 10/29/2014Beautiful setting! From the street, we entered a garden area through an iron gate, and were promptly greeted and seated (in the courtyard) for our 6P reservations. The courtyard featured twinkling lights, fountains, lush plants, and star-shaped lanterns. It was comfortable and lovely. We were greeted by an owner and then by our server. The owner took time to review the menu with us, highlighting the evening's featured entrees and small plate dishes. From start to finish, it was an amazing dining experience. Beautiful presentation, appropriate portion size, everything prepared to perfection. I had wild Alaskan salmon and it was like butter. So good! The chocolate mousse cake for dessert was divine. We loved Bayona so much, we're going back.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/27/2014The food, servcie, ambiance are all excellent. Would definitely recommend for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal and servicecarolynwDined on 10/25/20143 words-Get the sweetbreads. Dinner was fantastic, service was personable, drinks from the bar were a little slow to be delivered.Special Features:
- FANTASTIC!MeatloafVIPDined on 10/25/2014Wow. We loved our night here. I was hesitant based on other reviews. Don't know what they were thinking. Perhaps the restaurant took note and made a difference? Regardless, it was awesome. The menu was great and made the choices hard. The food was incredible and perfectly cooked. Our waitress was a lot of fun and really hustled. The best of the night was a sweetbread appetizer. Nonetheless, the rabbit and pork chop were very impressive. We really enjoyed the atmosphere and felt like we were someplace unique within the French Quarter. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ten stars!!!KeydetDined on 10/24/2014Took my wife here for our 12 year anniversary. Service was outstanding and the food was even better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem that needs polishAmandaKDined on 10/22/2014I really, really wanted to like this experience. My husband, a chef, is a big fan of Susan Spicer. Regrettably, the dining experience I had with work colleagues only had glimpses of the classic this spot once was. The interior needs a lot of care and refresh. It felt dated and faded. We waited quite a while for our reservation, the service was inconsistent, and the food was also highly inconsistent. The salads were not dressed and had to be sent back. The entrees were good but came very late. There was nothing on the dessert list that was even tempting by the time we made it to that point. We left...tired and underwhelmed.
- Deja vuMungDined on 10/20/2014I surprised my girlfriend with a return to Bayona, where we had our first date 3 years ago. The service was fantastic, great selection of beer and champagne, and a wide variety of apps for sharing. We sat on the patio and the temp was rare and cool for LA. Overall, a really nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!mangiateDined on 10/18/2014Excellent restaurant all the way around. Food and service was top notch. Highly recommended for all foodies. We were not disappointed. Go and enjoy.Special Features:
- As Good as I Remembered It...FoodHunterVIPDined on 10/17/2014I have not been to this restaurant in about 20 years. I had fond memories of my meal here especially the shrimp with the black bean cake. All for of us had a really nice meal. The stand out dishes were the specials including a Asian inspired pork appetizer.......great flavor and execution of the dish. The wine list was extensive albeit on the expensive side. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting a nice, relaxed meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inattentive service, but good foodKvoglDined on 10/16/2014We saw our server (one of a team of two) right away and she seemed very knowledgable. But our wait for our entree was 40 minutes after our first course, with no explanation or apology. For a team of two, they certainly couldn't be bothered with even coming by our table and checking even once if we needed anything. After our entrees were cleared it was at least another 15 minutes before our server came by to ask if we wanted dessert. By that time we were so tired of waiting we just wanted our check to leave. Too bad, since the meal was delicious, but the poor service just ruined the evening.
- dak007Dined on 10/16/2014nice court yard if you can get a table and the weather is nice. food is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodThisnicknamethingisstupidVIPDined on 10/16/2014Not the friendliest restaurant in NOLA but the food was spectacular. Staff didn't realize the bottle we ordered was actually champagne, took a while to figure it out and finally bring the bottle.Special Features:
- Perfect evening!HappytravelersDined on 10/16/2014We enjoyed a perfect, romantic, delicious, lovely evening thanks to the staff at Bayona. Our table on the terrace was wonderfully decorated for our birthday celebration. The service and food were impeccable. We felt welcome and cared for all evening. We both agree that our dinner at Bayona is our favorite memory of our New Orleans vacation. We will return to both.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Call ahead for Courtyard SeatingMauralovesgoodfoodDined on 10/16/2014We made reservations here because several people told us the courtyard was fabulous. While they don't "take reservations" for the courtyard, apparently they do because we were told that we weren't on the courtyard list. So - we ate inside. Disappointed not to be outside on a gorgeous evening, but inside was lovely and romantic too. Our server was excellent and the food was superb! We shared a quail salad and venison meatball pasta as appetizers (we were doing a progressive dinner through several restaurants) and they were both terrific. Great cocktails to although i can't remember the name of the one I had..... I know, I know, but it is New Orleans after all!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but service was poorluv2dineDined on 10/16/2014While the food was definitely amazing, the service was frustrating. When we arrived at the restaurant, after making dinner reservations at least 3 weeks in advance, we asked to sit outside and the hostess curtly replied "Although we don't take table requests in advance you can't sit there. Those tables are already spoken for." What? We almost left, but since we didn't have a back up restaurant we had to stay. Our waitress took her time arriving at our table and was quick to go over the menu and be on her way. Still, we found the food amazing and well worth the stay. The sweetbreads were delicious, the lamb perfectly cooked and dessert memorable.Special Features:
- My New FavoriteAlbyNOLADined on 10/15/2014Living in NOLA 8 months out of the year for the last 10 years, we have gone to many restaurants here. Bayona has always been guaranteed good food; for example, my foodie cousin is still talking the meal we had there two years ago. But compared to other restaurants where the chef changes portions, preparation styles, or suddenly overdoses pepper on everything, Bayona has a bed-rock consistency and creativity and is now my out and out favorite. The eggplant caviar starter was absolutely delicious and my "daily" fish special with sauce of beans and smoked oysters knocked my socks off! My partner loved his hanger steak. You won't go wrong here.Special Features:
- great findDebraDined on 10/14/2014great food, served properly. lovely building and setting. perfect ambiance. service was fantastic. all around a very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/14/2014Service was poor. Salad not dressed. Mix up of wine and drinks and foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off to the atticIrishWitchyVIPDined on 10/13/2014We have dined here before and we will return for many reasons, however this time we were seated in the attic. I wanted a quiet place and after the party of seven left and these two women that were loud, left it was quiet. However, the main dining room is much better for ambiance. Food was very good, but squid ink pasta app for husband could have used more pasta - what was there was good. Cream of garlic soup was great and so was the sweet potato bread. Entries were both very good. We did a ice creams for desert. I would have loved to eat outside, but it was NOT a nice night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful setting, great food!MeladavDined on 10/13/2014Wonderful meal in a beautiful dining room, the goat cheese and mushroom appetizer was unbelievablely good! We had a wait between appetizer and entrée but overall a great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even better!louiseVIPDined on 10/13/2014We were at Bayona in 2010, and were delighted to find it at an even higher level of excellence. Lovely atmosphere and interesting, well-prepared seasonal food that taps the rich New Orleans tradition. If we lived there, it would be our go-restaurant. Hats off to the entire team. You folks could give lessons to so many!Special Features:
- Consistently deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/13/2014Three times in New Orleans - three times at Bayona - three times a fabulous meal!Special Features:
- a must when in New OrleansVijayRajDined on 10/13/2014We come to New Orleans on a regular basis and discovered Chef Susan Spicer's gem of a restaurant a over a decade ago. We particularly love the innovative eclectic choices, some with international influences. The food is always perfect and served in the intimacy of this 200 year old house with its charming courtyard. The service is always very attentive and helpful if you have any questions. Bon Appetite.Special Features:
- Unpleasant experienceArduiniDined on 10/11/2014It was my first time there and my impressions were not good. We were sat on a table right below the air conditioner, then we changed, but our food went cold. My appetizer was OK, but my main course was completely tasteless. Unacceptable for a famous restaurant in NOLA. It's not worth the price! I've gone to many cheaper places in NOLA, with lot more tasty food. I defintely do not recommend.Special Features:
- Save your moneyrobyneiseDined on 10/11/2014The food was delicious but the service was so awful that it truly ruined the experience for us. For a gourmet restaurant they should serve red wine in red wine glasses - not white wine glasses!!!! Less than fun evening.Special Features:
- Not up to snuffLoveNOLADined on 10/11/2014I'm a Bayona regular, and I went there to celebrate my birthday with family and friends. Instead of being seated in the courtyard, we were moved to the wine room upstairs, which is a bit claustrophobic. The music was so loud that we couldn't hear one another. We asked that it be turned down, but the waiter said it couldn't be adjusted. He said others had complained, also. The food wasn't as good as usual. The seafood soup was bland, but the goat cheese crouton with mushrooms was as delicious as always. Wine was overpriced. Service was slow. Desserts (especially the peanut butter and chocolate mishmash thrown together sloppily on a plate) was average at best. Susan Spicer must have been off that night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cooked with a subtle light touchMikeDined on 10/11/2014Food was cooked and served with care, and very well prepared. Server was a little too familiar and patronizing for my taste, but very competent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday brunch - not to be missedMHSFVIPDined on 10/11/2014Susan Spicer has created a winner: $25 for 3 plates of your choosing. The only thing missing are her famous sweetbreads. An amazing bargain, especially on her rear patio - it doesn't get any better.Special Features:
- WAY OVER RATEDFRITZIE50Dined on 10/11/20143 COURSES FOR 25.OO INCLUDED THE CHEAPEST PART OF THE CHICKEN---WE HAD A CUP OF SOUP-A SMALL SALAD--AND A DESSERT FOR 25,00--IF THE FOOD WAS GREAT, THIS WAS A GOOD DEAL--BUT IT WASN'T, SO A POOR DEAL.
- Another beautiful dinner at BayonaAnnieNPDined on 10/10/2014My husband and I went to Bayona for our anniversary Friday night. We have been here several times before and are never disappointed. Our waitress was very attentive but not to intrusive. I started with the quail salad and it was a party in my mouth!Get the Salmon it's a winner and cooked to perfection! Thank you for a memorable dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Terrific Experience!CyrusVIPDined on 10/10/2014WOW! This was most likely the 20'th something time we have been here over the many years Bayona has been open. I often consider this one of the five best restaurants in New Orleans. Tonight's dinner just reminded me that I am correct! Subtle, unique flavor pairings abound throughout the menu. While eating our fist course, my wife and I look at each other and say something to the effect of, "I can't believe we have not been here in almost 8 months. This is terrific!" Then come two more courses, each better than the last. Bayona is just a wonderful dinning experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not as hyped1TryPecheVIPDined on 10/9/2014This restaurant was overpriced, overrated and not much fun. The waiter/waitress "team" was slow meaning poor service, long wait for food to arrive and the young woman had ZERO personality. Do not recommend in a City full of wonderful dining experiences!
- Great eveningMikeDined on 10/9/2014Group of 6 all agreed this was our best New Orleans dining experience. Food service and ambiance all excellent. Not one of this group of foodies even offered advise on how they would improve the food.Special Features:
- Exactly right!BethDined on 10/9/2014We had a wonderful mid-week lunch here at the start of a long weekend in New Orleans. The service was friendly and attentive. The menu offerings were unique. And the food was outstanding. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findsissyDined on 10/8/2014A friend recommended this place we weren't disappointed. Excellent service and delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable eveningJohn35Dined on 10/6/2014Our first night in NOLA could not have been better thanks to the incredible dinner and service we received at Bayona. The courtyard was a perfect place to eat. All the staff were incredible attending to our every need. Jane was absolutely amazing and made the evening one we will never forget. The food was delicious!!! I had rabbit while my wife had their monk fish. I have to believe that anything you might get will not disappoint. Thanks so much Bayona!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite dining experienceTNWYUMVIPDined on 10/6/2014What a gem! This was our first experience here and we're so glad we decided to take the advice to dine here. Our evening started off just a bit rocky - the hostess exuded pretentiousness, which really puts us off. But, we enjoyed our cocktails while waiting for our table (yes, we did have a reservation). Once our server picked up the service, everything was perfect. The patio was lovely and the weather was perfect. The food was among the very best we've had not only in NOLA, but anywhere - including NYC, SFO, and others. The wine list is terrific and anything on the menu will not disappoint. If you're not sure, just ask the server for advice and don't hesitate to go for whatever is inspiring the Chef.Special Features:
- Gone DownhillNOLADined on 10/4/2014Bayona Experience was not our best. We have been several times over the years....and seems to have lost its service. Food and ambience are good, but for the price...service should be better. Overall, a good dinner...hopefully service improves.Special Features:
- A true New Orleans gemFabulousDined on 10/4/2014Our evening couldn't have been better. The food was deliciously served in a very intimate atmosphere with a waitress that explained every dish as if she had prepared it. This is the best restaurant I've ever eaten at in New Orleans. What a winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegance personified.RichieRichVIPDined on 10/4/2014This is a New Orleans gem in the French Quarter. Known for their sweetbreads and rabbit, they certainly lived up their reputation. I had the bone-in pork chop with vegetable bread pudding. It was superb! Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.