Bay View Restaurant - Inn at the Tides
800 Coast Highway One
Bodega Bay, CA 94923Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Bay View Restaurant - Inn at the Tides
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.innatthetides.com/default.aspx?pg=bayview
- Phone: 7078752751
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Su, W-Th 5:00pm-9:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Italian
- Executive Chef: Luca D
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant can accomodate large parties in the dining room or in banquet rooms year-round. Group menu options and table configurations are available. Please contact our Sales Department for details.
- Private Party Contact: Marco Galazzo 7078753652
- Entertainment: Piano Player Saturday Evenings
A word from Bay View Restaurant - Inn at the Tides
Casual, yet elegant, The Bay View Restaurant offers sweeping views of the harbor and beyond to the Pacific Ocean. Wood-beamed ceilings and crackling fireplaces create a cozy and romantic setting. Enjoy cocktails and wine on the patio or fireside at the Hearthside Lounge. Executive Chef, Luca D"Oria, has created a menu full of Italian favorites using only the finest and freshest ingredients. Let our professional and friendly staff cater to your every need. The Bay View Restaurant also features a year-round, monthly "Dinner with the Winemaker" series that is in its 26th successful year. This is also a perfect backdrop for wedding ceremonies, receptions, corporate events and banquets.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Bay View Restaurant - Inn at the Tides - Best Restaurants in Bodega Bay ›
Bay View Restaurant - Inn at the Tides reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (23)special occasion (16)romantic (12)notable wine list (8)fit for foodies (4)neighborhood gem (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)good for groups (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Could Improve SignificantlyDonCastroDined on 8/30/2014Over-priced for the quality of the food. They are betting on the Inn's guests, who do not want to leave the campus, to spend an evening at the Bay View. Sad!
- Overpriced and underservedshellsearch1Dined on 8/16/2014The restaurant looks welcoming. Dim lighting made it rather nice on the eyes. There were fires in the fireplaces and that added a nice amount of visual and literal warmth to the room. The food was good. However, we noticed others who arrived later were being served long before we were. We didn't order anything that took special care to prepare. From the time we were seated to the time we were served was one hour. That was too long. I had ordered my food with very light salt but it arrived heavily salted. The piano music was lovely but too loud for polite conversation around our table. Everyone else's meals were very good. Our service was not.Special Features:
- There are better placesAJjrVIPDined on 8/14/2014It was OK but there are better places to eat in the area. My food was fine but my wife's was horrible..Special Features:
- Lovely eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Good food, great service, scenic view. We'll come again.Special Features:
- very tired looking.needs updatingeducatorDined on 8/3/2014This restaurant needs to be updated. Using banquet chairs as dining chairs.food not special or .uniqueSpecial Features:
- Nice dinner/ no viewBarbiewine5888Dined on 8/2/2014We went celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary, however it seemed if we weren't staying at the hotel that even a special occasion (mentioned when reservation made) didn't matter for where we wanted to sit ( which I had asked at time of reservation). The food was excellent, our server was great, but hostess didn't seem to try to go above and beyond. Our server at least brought us a complimentary appetizer for the occasion. Hostess didn't seem to care one bit. Great lemon cello/gelato dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view - great dinnerYumYumVIPDined on 7/30/2014A well done meal, portions generous, salad and scallop risotto appetizer were excellent, local halibut with an orange pepper cream sauce and fresh veggies along with a great steak cooked exactly to order - superb! And the view is just lovely too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great chower and viewOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/26/2014The Clam chowder was about the best I've ever had. The veal was also excellent and a good price. The wine prices were high but I don't drink at restaurants so I don't know current prices . They had two extras with the meal, salmon spread on toast- so so and a dessert wine. Nice but we were driving right after that and only had a little.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu ChangesKathyDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I have been going to the Bay View Restaurant since the mid-90's. It was our favorite 'go to' place for special occasions. Top on the list was the tableside Caesar salads which were the best we've ever had anywhere. The service was great and the ambience was enhanced with a piano player. It was truly a class act. About five years ago, the restaurant decided not to have tableside Caesar salads which was disappointing but the ones they brought out from the kitchen were still superb. Last Saturday night, 6/19, was the worst Caesar we've ever had anywhere and for $10 a piece, it wasn't worth it. However, due to the lack of getting great service and the Caesar being tasteless, we probably won't be back.Special Features:
- Elegant, soothing placethankGodforfoodDined on 7/11/2014My hubby and I had dinner here after a long, fatiguing road trip on Friday 7/10. This place soothed our road nerves a lot. There is actually a maitre'D, which is a rarity these days, who watched over the dining room to be sure all was well. I chose a risotto dish made with asparagas and Pinot Noir with Salmon on top. I may be too harsh of a critic, but I'd give it a "B minus." My husband had Shrimp Fettuccine and it was excellent. The price was very good, on par with prices elsewhere in Bodega Bay, and if you are staying at The Inn at the Tides, you get a 20 % discount, which is terrific! The next night we ate at The Tides, down the hill, and this place is better by far.Special Features:
- Lights are on but no one's homeflyingw944Dined on 7/6/2014Starting with the clueless girl that seated us the place was forgettable. Had to ask for things that should be automatic at an Italian restaurant. Cheese , Balsamic etc.
- Great setting - very good foodYumYumVIPDined on 7/3/2014What a view! Crab tower excellent and chiopino also excellent. Pasta done very well - angel hair easy to mess up but perfect here. The caprese salad tomatoes were not quite ripe otherwise an excellent meal and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian food with a viewwarmspringslocalVIPDined on 7/2/2014Our food was very good - recommend the crab tower as an appetizer. Enjoyed the grilled salmon but don't know why they would want to put bernaise sauce on local fresh king salmon - order it without or on the side. Restaurant is across the street from the Tides Wharf restaurant, in the Inn at the Tides main building so ask for a window seat to enjoy the view. Service was spotty. Dining room had a disarrayed look - chairs weren't pushed in on empty tables so you have to dodge them to get to your table. Families friendly - lots of pasta dishes although pricey. Disappointed that they charged $20 corkage, even though we bought also bought wine from the restaurant and the wine we brought was from a local Sonoma winery we visited on the way.Special Features:
- Delicious and beautifulhibrauDined on 6/27/2014The view is fantastic and the food is excellent. I grew up outside of Chicago, and the lasagna reminded me of what I could get in Highwood years ago. My husband enjoyed his cioppino and my small son had the pizza. The rum cake and chocolate lava cake were both good. I would definitely go back. It's my second time there, and I liked it even better the second time.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/25/2014We could only get our group of 6 in the night we ate there, what a wonderful surprise. Everything was excellent and service to match. What a find!!!Special Features:
- Didn't meet expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/21/2014We have dined here before and it was very good not so this time. The appitzier was wonderful but from there it went downhill. The cesar salad was horrible it tasted like it had been sitting in a cooler. The seafood was overcooked in the pasta. Dessert was good but everything in the middle just spoiled it. Will not be back.Special Features:
- A very nice evening!BethDined on 5/31/2014Spent a very nice evening celebrating a birthday. Pleasant Piano music, view, service, and food. Would definitely go there again!Special Features:
- Lovely eveningSsn59VIPDined on 5/29/2014We were very pleased with our dining experience. Wish we had known about the wine dinner the evening after our checkout. We would have extended our stay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was PerfectEinBit11Dined on 5/23/2014If you like a good menu that just isn't steak & seafood slapped on a plate, it's worth your visit. Dungenous stuffed filet mingon & veal aren't things you find everywhere. I'll be going back to try the others, guaranteed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 59 reviews are from the Bay View Restaurant - Inn at the Tides reviews archive.
- Friendly atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/11/2014Lovely lunch on Mother's Day. A well kept secret verses the hectic other restaurants in the area. Didn't feel rushed. Nice view. Wait staff and host were very friendly. Food & desserts were deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day Brunchsmallness278Dined on 5/11/2014A relaxed atmosphere and excellent service on a day when many places can be frenetic. We had a reservation for 10:30 a.m., so perhaps that's on the early side for people to get to the coast. Complimentary mimosas were a nice touch. My mother loved her salmon, and I enjoyed the tomato/spinach/goat cheese frittata. Some people might have found the service a bit slow, but I appreciated the interval between the appetizer and entree to appreciate the view and being together with family. Overall a lovely experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant surpriseTimmmmaayyyDined on 5/4/2014Not your typical "hotel restaurant." All of the food was very fresh and perfectly prepared. The ambiance was great and the view breathtaking. Sunday evening was nice because there was no touristy feel at all, very intimate. I highly recommend the dungeonous crab and avocado tower. For parties larger than two, add a "pizza course" from one of their awesome thin crust pizzas, they are hidden at the bottom of the menu, but a very with regular addition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special experiencediningpleasureDined on 5/3/2014We enjoyed our meal very much. They have beautiful gardens as well as a view of the bay, the service is excellent, and the food was very good.Special Features:
- Easter BrunchBigwaltDined on 4/20/2014We came here 2 years ago and had a nice brunch. This year not so. Shared very good French Onion Soup as a first course. My wife had Sole which she thought excellent. I had Crab Cakes Benedict which was unfortunate. The crab cakes were loaded with shell. One egg yolk was very hard while the other was just OK. The hollandaise sauce had not seen a lemon. The side potatoes were cold and visually a disaster. Our waitress should be instructed in the wine list and wine service. We considered Merry Edwards Sauv. Blanc but it was $45 for a half bottle and the full bottle was $38. We were told that was a typo. We order this wine frequently - this is way overpriced. We were not a offered dessert menu - "Do you want anything else?" Nuff said.Special Features:
- A Delectable Treat for all 5foodie46Dined on 4/19/2014I ordered 'simply' so that I could focus on the yummy sounding Layered Beet Salad special. Not only did my perfectly flavored creamy Alfredo Pasta become one of my 'all time' favorites but the tower of beets layered with goat cheese was seasoned with culinary care and just the right consistency (hope it becomes a regular choice). The Salmon was fresh and perfectly moist. All of us were very pleased with our entrees and the service was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- View to Dine forDelishDined on 4/13/2014The view was breathtaking! Dinner was good - we both ordered pasta - so it wasn't too fancy but it was really nice. Our waiter seemed very brand new but he was really nice and very attentive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some of the food very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/12/2014Some of the food very good other not so good , a hit and miss place. Nice atmpsphere , the wait staff needs improvement. Maybe would try again and make sure I was getting what I had ordered.
- Bay View RestaurantAuntieDined on 3/28/2014My meal there was a light dinner comprised of two appetizers, with wine and bread. It proved to be one of the best dinners I've ever had. The ravioli were absolutely outstanding and the crab and avocado salad was excellently flavored and provided lots of crab. I spent 9 days in the Sonoma area and this was without question my best dining experience and meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good seafoodZenerbopDined on 3/16/2014We've dined at the Bayview a number of times and are always surprised with the wait staff. They seem nervous and give an uncomfortable feeling. The food is good and you can expect fresh seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Crab BuffetthulamomDined on 3/7/2014we always like to go to the all you can eat crab feed in the winter months. The crab is great and the pasta, soup and salad are nice too. The only problem is that customers think it is ok to bring a small child, 0-4 years old to an expensive restaurant. When I pay $50 for my dinner, I don't want to listen to some kid screaming and the parents just sitting there thinking it is CUTE. Other than that, we enjoy the Tides very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Descriptions don't match fooddjshaferVIPDined on 2/22/2014I got one of the most expensive things on the menu mainly because it sounded so good in the description, a filet mignon stuffed with crab and topped with a sauce. I ordered it medium and it came a little overcooked, closer to medium well. I didn't say anything, but the crab stuffing wasn't anything to write home about either. We got the "chocolate molten lava cake" and there was absolutely no "molten lava" gooey-ness at all in the center. It was very moist, but that is just a moist chocolate cake, NOT a molten lava cake. It also was not served with anything other than a flower for garnish. Would have been nice to have whipped cream or something like that on the plate. First time there and it was just a bit of a disappointment.
- LovelyNewlywedsDined on 2/15/2014Dinner at Bay View Restaurant was a gift for our honeymoon weekend. The experience was really wonderful, we don't normally go to this type of restaurant, but we thoroughly enjoyed it. The food was amazing, we had cioppino and filet mignon hitchcock. They paired delicious wines to go with our meal. I ordered the tirimisu for dessert and it was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs helpVegbrownDined on 1/25/2014My husband requested we go to bay view as we have had fabulous dinners there in the past. Unfortunately this time the food was horrible. Everything was tasteless except the fish that had way too much salt. Our server was very inexperienced but polite and nice. We won't go back.
- Trying something newFineDinerDined on 1/10/2014Bay view restaurant had a great quiet environment. The food was great and service was great as well. Our server was very helpful in advising what to try out. It was our first time here. It had an old school feeling but great to feel like your getting away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reviewkerryDined on 12/29/2013Food was bland noodles were mushy alredo sauce had no taste just milk ove mushy nodles. Oso bucco small portion and rice tasted like it was out of a box. No salt and pepper on table. Salad had too much olive oil no vinegar and no seasoningsSpecial Features:
- Last ResortFritzVIPDined on 12/25/2013Really disappointed by this restaurant. . We are local to the area and had never been and wanted to check it out. Granted, we went on Christmas day so perhaps the regular chef was not on duty? The food was literally tasteless and bland. And this is even when they smothered the salman in sauces. We wondered if the food is so poor in quality and taste because it's catering to the tourists? Having said that, there are other local places that are extraordinary so not sure what the situation is.
- Our Christmas TraditionBrownieDined on 12/25/2013My sister and my best friend have made Christmas dinner at the Bay View Restaurant in Bodega Bay our annual tradition for at least five years now and it is still a warm, wonderful experience. Great food, friendly, helpful staff, and a million dollar view plus the cheerful holiday decor make us want to return each year. I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice view, good for the older set?OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013Food was edible but bland. Service was spotty. Chowder arrived lukewarm. Decor could use an update . Christmas lights outside were pretty! A nice place to take Grandma and Grandpa.Special Features:
- Superb dinnerYumYumVIPDined on 12/5/2013Fantastic view, super food with an Italian and seafood emphasis. Well executed and professionally served and the host being very welcoming. Worth the drive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/28/2013So disappointed with so many things about this experience. Traditional turkey dinner clearly not made fresh in any way....