Bay Grille & Lounge - Berkeley
200 Marina Blvd.
Berkeley, CA 94710Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bay Grille & Lounge - Berkeley
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.doubletree1.hilton.com/en_US/dt/hotel/JBKCADT-Doubletree-Hotel-Executive-Meeting-Center-Berkeley-Marina-California/dining
- Phone: 5105487920x7271
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:00AM - 10:30AM
Saturday & Sunday:6:30AM - 11:00AM
Lunch: Daily: 11:00AM - 4:00PM
Dinner: Daily: 5:00PM - 10:00PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Bill Cornelison
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full in-house catering department ready to exceed all of your meeting needs
- Private Party Facilities: Our "Quarter Deck" private dining room has seating for 30 guests. It's the perfect spot for a celebration, company party or all day meeting.
- Private Party Contact: Jay Tsao 510-665-7273x
- Entertainment: Featuring live Jazz every Saturday Night from 4pm to 7pm with the musical stylings of Josh Jones and Friends.
Family Movie night on the lawn every Friday starting at 815pm. Stop by the lounge for a cocktail then relax on our grass lawn with a kid friendly movie.
- Special Events: Featuring live Jazz every Saturday Night from 4pm to 7pm with the musical stylings of Josh Jones and Friends.
Family Movie night on the lawn every Friday starting at 815pm. Stop by the lounge for a cocktail then relax on our grass lawn with a kid friendly movie.
A word from Bay Grille & Lounge - Berkeley
Located on the Berkeley Marina, just inside The DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel. The Bay Grille's waterfront location boasts 180 degree panoramic views of the San Francisco cityscape and Golden Gate Bridge. It is the ideal setting for your next celebration or intimate gathering. We cordially invite you to indulge in coastal-inspired selections. We feature a variety of tantalizing options sure to exceed your expectations. The scenic Bay Lounge and its outdoor patio is also the perfect setting to enjoy light fare with a favorite cocktail or regional wine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bay Grille & Lounge - Berkeley reviews from OpenTable diners
1 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (1)good for groups (1)great for outdoor dining (1)special occasion (1)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 6/14/2014The food on the buffet was great as always. The waiter was not friendly or attentive, he seemed put off everytime we asked for something, it was hard to get enough decaf coffee from him for the 3 people who wanted some. Several pieces of glassware and silverware were dirty. Overall, we love the space, the view and the food. I know if we had another waiter the experience would have been soo much better.Special Features:
- Uplifiting meal and bay viewGloriaVIPDined on 3/7/2014Wonderful meal and attention at Bay Grille & Lounge-- our server thoughtfully had our large salad and entree ( sharing) separated into individual bowls, The seafood was fresh and delicious! The guests in the dining room were quiet conversationalists. The blue sky and the bay view were really special for relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had the scallop and rib eye.AlanDined on 2/15/2014Had the scallop and rib eye. Boyhood were excellent. Service was also very good. Did not like the salad selection. Otherwise a very good experience.Special Features:
- Never, Ever Going BackRedKatDined on 2/14/2014Between us and the couple next to us, four filet mignons went back on Valentine's Day. Why? All were expertly prepared by the kitchen, but the servers repeatedly placed them on the wrong tables! We really should have sent back 6, but we were so exhausted by the process we eventually just ate the wrong order. On top of that, we're 99% sure they first brought me a dish with lobster in it after I explicitly asked them to substitute due to my shellfish allergy. Luckily we picked up on the flavor immediately and sent it back. The staff was friendly through all of this, but it was just too unbelievable of a mess. There's more to say, but I'm out of characters for this review. In short: DO NOT GO HERE.
- Excellent For Last Minute DiningMartybe61Dined on 2/14/2014I made reservations a week in advance for 6 for Valentines Day , 7.30 pm and no problem. Food was great nice , atmosphere was nice and quiet. definitely a best kept secret. thank you Martin RossSpecial Features:
- Very disappointingHilltoppersDined on 2/1/2014Disorganized, poor service, food mediocre at best. Nice to be at the Marina.would not want to dine there againSpecial Features:
- Nice place to dineQuinnsDined on 1/4/2014Location a bit difficult to find at night. Restaurant ambiance quiet and relaxing. Service okay, food okayI would recommend this to a friend.
- bad managementOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/25/2013We had a group of five for dinner on Christmas Day at 6:30 pm, through Open Table. The staff was not in communication with Open Table and did not know we were coming. We waited about 40 minutes for a table. While we waited in the bar the single bar tender was so overworked that we did not get a drink until our table was ready, about 40 minutes later. The place was stupendously under staffed -one server for the dining room. We were advised not to order the special Christmas dinner because it would take too long to prepare. It was an awful experience. The only bright spot was that the staff retained their poise, in the face of understaffing that made it completely impossible for them to provide even minimal service.
- Awful...simply awfulMevsFoodDined on 11/8/2013This is an awful place to dine. There is absolutely nothing nice to mention about this place. Service was a joke- ridiculously slow and incompetent. Food was expensive and god awful (especially for that price). Chose to go there because I had a restaurant . com coupon. Big mistake. Never again.
- good view but just an ok mealSeonVIPDined on 10/31/2013The place has a nice view of the bay, but the food was just so, so.Special Features:
- Excellent food, service & viewDubyaDined on 10/25/2013We had a Restaurants.com voucher to use and had been to this hotel for a wedding reception many years ago. While the restaurant does look rather "corporate", the view of the marina and bay is very nice, and we got a table by the window before sunset. It was very quiet and not crowded. We received excellent service from our server. She was smiling, polite, pleasant, attentive, but not obtrusive. The food was EXCELLENT. I had the seafood risotto which was absolutely delicious and had big pieces of premium seafood. Look forward to going back on another occasion just so I can have that again! Hubby got the rib eye and it was a perfect medium rare. A tad pricey but it was worth it esp. with a voucher (helped offset cost of wine).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good view but food and service poorSeonVIPDined on 10/3/2013It took about ten minutes before our waiter came to our table. He was friendly but I think they were understaffed. There was nothing great about our food. They were a chain/diner quality.Special Features:
- Excellent for a first date!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2013The staff was very friendly and our waiter was on que. I decided to go here mainly for the reviews. glad i read them and like the paceSpecial Features:
- Nice quiet place with well-preparedTodolmDined on 7/26/2013Nice quiet place with well-prepared food and a lovely view of the Berkeley Marina.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A mixed experienceCarnivoreDined on 7/11/2013Outstanding service on a quiet night. Crab Cakes were very good, and creatively garnished. Main course of Atlantic Salmon was delicious, although the portion of salmon could have been larger. The chef again showed her/his creativity. Warm blackberry pie was disappointing: blackberries not much in evidence: it tasted as if a little jam had been spread on the crust.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost Great, but Goodfroggy123Dined on 5/12/2013Buffet had a good selection, food was good, and had a variety. We had made the reservation because we thought we were going to be seated near the window so we could look out at the marina (kind of the whole point), but I guess because we had a large group we were seated in what seemed like a conference room. A bit crowded, but not too bad. King crab legs were awesome, the rest of the good was just good. A bit overpriced for what we got and the beverage selections were few, but maybe because it was a Mother's Day brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing view of the Marina!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/10/2013Amazing view of the Marina! Definitely a romantic setting for special occasions!! Food was good too.Special Features:
- Excellent setting in BerkeleyOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/4/2013The restaurant is set right on the Marina in Berkeley. The Golden Gate Bridge is across the bay. The dinner selections include an outstanding clams and mussels appetizer and the steaks are excellent. One caveat - you must specify no sauce or your steak will be loaded with stuff that I don't want on a steak!Special Features:
- UnderstaffedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/21/2013We made a reservation but upon arrival were told that the restaurant was understaffed and that since there was only one server, we were to wait 30 minutes for our table. Given that it was already late and there are many other restaurant options in Berkeley we did not stay. It was disappointing for me and my guests.
- Bay Grill & Lounge offersOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/21/2013Bay Grill & Lounge offers a very good - though not overly innovative - menu. Dishes feature excellent preparations of such things as steak, shrimp, scallops, and chicken. The setting is beautiful, looking out at the bay with the many boats harbored here. Our hostess provided excellent service. Unfortunately, she had to pick up some of the slack during our dining as the waitress had to cover too many tables and the bus boy was basically clueless. With a full bar, it's too bad they don't have any signature drinks or even a drink menu at the table. Worth it for the very enjoyable setting and decent food.
- Service was slow on sunday.JCR1Dined on 4/21/2013Service was slow on sunday. Needed more wait help. Food was very good as usual.Special Features:
- We went to this restaurantseafoodloverDined on 4/12/2013We went to this restaurant mainly because we bought a 50% off coupon from TravelZoo. The value of the food was quite good when we taken into account our discount. Otherwise the food would be over-priced. The appetizer my wife chosen was fried calamari. The batter was on the heavy side and the taste was covered by too much salt. I had the crab cake. Again the delicate crab flavor was overpowered by too much spice. The entrees were better (seared scallop and cioppino)although the subtle flavor of the seafood still tended to be overshadowed by salt and spice. The size of the portions was generous. The view of the harbor during the sunset was the best part of the dinner.Special Features:
- This restaurant has been aroundJGardnerDined on 3/31/2013This restaurant has been around for quite awhile. All the more impressive then is that it still remains an appealing destination. The staff here must be doing things rightSpecial Features:
- Very nice of them to takeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/30/2013Very nice of them to take our coupon on Saturday before Easter...Special Features:
- DisappointingJudyDined on 3/15/2013Service was very uneven and slow and the waiter quite annoying. Food was average. Disappointing evening.
- Go for breakfast -- Not dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/9/2013The high service rating is due to contact with a single individual -- the greater. I believe her name is Talulah. She was superb -- vibrant, attentive, aware of the whole dining area. When our waiter had forgotten our table, she kindly and subtely reminded him of our existence. We were initially greeted by the suited manager who could not find our reservation for dinner. There would have been a great view, but the lighting was so bright that the dining area was reduced to a black walled box. Many tables under a glaring spotlight. Food was OK. Go for breakfast--not dinner.Special Features:
- We had an excellent dinner,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/8/2013We had an excellent dinner, the food was prepared just right. What was off, way off, was the service. This staff needs a lot of training.Special Features:
- Marina view can't be beatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2013My sister stays at the Doubletree Hotel every single time she comes to Berkeley. We've started calling it "Laura's Hotel." We've ended up meeting my sister at the Bay Grille and Lounge for Breakfast a few time -- and I'm always surprised how un-crowded it is because the food is excellent, the staff is friendly (and we get them all to ourselves) and the view of the Berkeley Marina can not be beat. I wonder if the locals just never consider going to a hotel -- because IMO The Bay Grill beats the nearby Skates on the Bay in all categories. The seafood got raves from all 13 of our party for my brother's 50th birthday dinner last week. So did the steaks and the blue cheese mashed potato.Special Features:
- Great for a daytime mealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013This was a very nice restaurant. Though the place was quite empty, service was slow. I feel it might've been nicer during the day when we would've been able to see the ocean outside their huge windows. Our waiter was very nice and have us a few extras. All in all, I'd go again but for brunch or anytime before it gets dark.Special Features:
- The restaurant is inside theWhymeVIPDined on 2/14/2013The restaurant is inside the Double Tree Hotel on the Berkeley Marina. The restaurant is clearly geared to people staying in the hotel. We went because all the restaurants we normally go to in our area were full (Valentines Day). We found the restaurant to be very pleasant and the food was very good.Special Features:
- We had a coupon with LivingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/12/2013We had a coupon with Living Social to try this restaurant. In buying it, I thought that it would be a romantic place to have dinner with OK food. However, my expectations were far exceeded. The rolls that we were brought at the begining of the meal were piping hot and delicious. The crab cakes were wonderful, served on cole slaw with grapefruit, that were a perfect compliment. The calamari was just OK, although the dipping sauce was very good. Both entrees, the seafood risotto and the fresh fish, were exceptional. Despite being busier than expected, the service was quite good. I will be back.Special Features:
- The food was great but ourOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2013The food was great but our waiter Roger was the highlight of the experience. Everyone on staff was super friendly. The food was delicious and our waiter knew exactly when the fresh seafood arrived and even refused to serve us sub par scallops. Try to dine before or around sunset as there is a beautiful view. All in all, we loved our experience!Special Features:
- Overall it was a nice experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/6/2013Overall it was a nice experience. Servers were very friendly and helpful.
- Food was seasoned with coarsleyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/1/2013Food was seasoned with coarsley ground pepper, toouch for my liking. Basalmic vinegarette was very strong on the vinegar side and overpowered everything. Prices are too high for food lacking true, well layered seasoning. We are locals and will not be going back. Our service was very good. They deserve to work at a place serving better food. I frequently travel for work and would say this is the worst hotel food I have experienced in the past Six years.
- What's up with a restaurantWhateverVIPDined on 1/31/2013What's up with a restaurant that is less than half full and they tell you it will be a minimum of one hour wait before you can get your order? While the food was good it is nothing to write home about. The wait-staff were great, the mediocre rating reflects the one-hour wait for the food which was completely out of their control. They made certain that even though the main dish was a forever process that I had something to quell any hunger pains. I give the wait-staff an A+, the kitchen a C-. I probably would have been more understanding had the restaurant been full!
- Good food, but took longhukilauDined on 1/26/2013The food here was really good.... and the wine too. The server was very nice, but the service was extremely slow! We were not in a hurry, thankfully, but we were starved! And it took a long time for even our appetizers to come out. Then, I think the server forgot to get our mains and he had to have the chef do them over. It was an interesting place and the food was great,..... had crab cake, fried calamari with asparagus, steak with port sauce, and salmon with creamy polenta. Service was very friendly, just sorry it took so long.Special Features:
- wonderful surprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/26/2013We are pleasantly surprised with the quality of food and service for this restaurant. It's inside the Doubletree hotel in the Berkeley Marina. We came here for my friend's birthday celebration. The staff recognized her birthday and we received complimentary champagne toast and dessert as part of the impeccable service. All four of us in the party enjoyed our different entrees and the appetizers. I had a Travelzoo voucher which initially was for lunch, but the manager had no problem applying to dinner. All in all, we had a very pleasant dining experience. Would definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Nice place to enjoy good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/20/2013Nice place to enjoy good food and a relaxing time. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- good overallOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/19/2013Quiet place, good service, food was good but had its flaws. Came here with a deal voucher, otherwise i would go somewhere else if you plan to pay regular price.
- I will have to say that IOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/19/2013I will have to say that I expected more. I think the Yelp review was more accurate than the OpenTable reviews I read about this restaurant. It is a hotel restaurant in the Berkeley Marina. The views at night were terrible, couldn't see a thing. The waiter was very friendly, but not as efficient in service. I had the salmon (against the waiter's recommendation of the chicken) and my salmon was really good, I enjoyed it. My friend had the chicken and it was not good at all! You can make better chicken at home. The veggies were a bit too crunchy for my friend also, but I am a fan of fresh veggies so I was fine with it. The cheesecake was a basic store bought cheeesecake. Not bad, but not great.Special Features: