Bavaro's Pizza Napoletana & Pastaria
514 N. Franklin St.
Tampa, FL 33602Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Bavaro's Pizza Napoletana & Pastaria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pizzaiolobavaro.com/
- Phone: 8138684440x201
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch : Wednesday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Dinner: Wednesday - Sunday 5:00pm-10:00pm (Closed Monday & Tuesday for Private Events) We will be open for Valentines Day, so book your reservations today.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Dan Bavaro
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our restaurant and catering team can host private events up to 75 people during off hours, and an unlimited amount of guests off location for catered events such as weddings, corporate functions and other private parties. Pizzaiolo Bavaro offers the finest authentic Italian cuisine prepared with quality ingredients to assure your guests enjoy a true culinary experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Our restaurant and catering team can host private events up to 75 people during off hours, and an unlimited amount of guests off location for catered events such as weddings, corporate functions and other private parties. Pizzaiolo Bavaro offers the finest authentic Italian cuisine prepared with quality ingredients to assure your guests enjoy a true culinary experience.
- Private Party Contact: Dan Bavaro 8138684440
- Special Events: The restaurant is the perfect setting for private functions as the walls are lined with historical brick from Chicago's Perlington Brick Yard, imported Italian tiles and a hand crafted wood-fired oven which was built by a third generation Italian family.
A word from Bavaro's Pizza Napoletana & Pastaria
The founder and Pizzaiolo, Dan Bavaro spent three years researching, training and traveling throughout the US and Italy to gather his vision and craft of pizza Napoletana. "Our pizza is thin and soft with a slight crisp to the crust while topped with the finest ingredients imported from Italy or locally grown and organic. Our food is an art form, which is prepared with passion as I was taught by fifth generation, Neapolitan families. One teaching the oven and the other pizza Napoletana." In addition to our Neapolitan pizza we have a variety of home-made pastas, soups and desserts which are made fresh on location and from scratch. Our ingredients are either imported from Italy or locally grown and organic.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bavaro's Pizza Napoletana & Pastaria reviews from OpenTable diners
- Mildly disappointedTampaTouristDined on 10/5/2013I'll start with: the food was really very good; the decor was pleasant; the service was fine; we would come back. I was disappointed by the noise level due to the very large party seated nearby in the small restaurant. It was so hard to hear each other at our table of four, and it was only after they left did we notice the music playing. Another disappointment was the expectation of tablecloths on the tables and there were none (Expectation came from pictures on the restaurant website; I was looking for an upscale experience at reasonable prices, hence the disappointment).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceJeffBDined on 9/28/2013Food at Bavaro's is really, really good. Everything is freshly made including the pasta. The sauces are great, the antipasto is FANTASTIC. Found them in Costco a few months back and while it takes us 40 minutes to drive into Tampa it's well worth it.Special Features:
- Best Authentic pizza!AstroDined on 9/14/2013I have lived in Italy for 10 years and this place is by far the best authentic real Italian pizzeria in the Bay Area by far! If you want American pizza go to Pizza Hut. If you want to try the real deal, this is the place. It will save you an air ticket to the old country.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic ItaliandparisDined on 9/14/2013The pizzas are absolutely delicious, as close to Italian as you can get. My husband has experienced many different regional pizzas from Italy and the ones from Bavaro's are equally good, if not better! We will surely return :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bavarro has it served it upstrollingdaleDined on 9/12/2013WE have enjoyed the sauces in our own kitchen and now straight from their kitchen. Love it all- food, servers, drinks and sauces. Spaghetti and pizza were great. Your mouth will praise you. It was a 50 minutes drive both ways and found it worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/6/2013Fresh ingredients, great sauce and nice simple menu. Keep up the good work.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/10/2013Really good meal and great flavorable sauce. Met them at Costco a few weeks back as they were selling there sauces and they handed my wife a business card for their restaurant. We had their sauce the other night and it was fantastic thus decided to try the restaurant. Mostly pizza's and some pasta dishes but really great food. Worth the drive into Tampa for us.Special Features:
- Maggiano'sJherran84Dined on 8/9/2013Overall a good dining experience. The waiter had a little trouble pouring wine and was a bit clumsy.Special Features:
- Napoletana pizzaawesomeVIPDined on 8/8/2013First time trying this type of pizza. Was different and awesome. Especially with olive oil. Pizza was wet in the middle as expected. This is how this type of pizza should be. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/31/2013We found this restaurant through Open Table. Very happy with their food and service. We tried the antipasto, calzone and pizza. We loved them. Pizza and calzone small but enough for us, specially after the antipasto, which was excellent and extremely fresh. Tiramasu was average. We ordered a bottle of wine, half off on Wednesday, same as half off on beer. We highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The garlic bread was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/9/2013The garlic bread was very good. I had ravioli with pork and the ravioli was tough and the sauce tasted like sloppy joe with a cup of salt added. The service was very slow even though there were not that many customers.
- 4 starsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/6/2013If you're looking for traditional wood fire pizza where you could eat the whole pie, you need to visit Bavaro's. Delicious menu and wine list with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our 1st meal !DallasGirlDined on 7/5/2013The server was AWESOME! We really enjoyed the Tomato Basil Soup and Bread sticks that came out first....lots of flavor and was best I have ever had. I had the Penne Al Vodka...and it was ok...could have used more flavor and prosciutto?? The pasta was cooked perfectly, received a good portion size, but just needed more in my opinion. We also got a Margarita pizza, and the flavor was great, but it was way too runny...the sauce and cheese just fell right off....which may be ok for some people, but we prefer to eat our pizza with our hands, not with a knife and fork. The crust was delicious too. The homemade tirimasu was also very good...not very strong....but was a nice way to end the meal. We will come back and try something else for sure!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/3/2013Everything was excellent!!! Loved the bruscetta, caprese, artichoke pizza! Wednesday was half price wine & beer too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was great!! Wine wasewall02Dined on 6/28/2013Dinner was great!! Wine was fantastic, appetizer was delicious and the homemade ravioli in meat sauce was excellent. Once it filled up it was a little loud. Service was good too.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything we had was AMAZING!dr1998Dined on 6/20/2013Everything we had was AMAZING! First time there and would gladly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceyBirdDined on 6/1/2013A bit overpriced for what it is--especially the salads. Pizza very good--again pricey. Service very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfultabby82Dined on 5/23/2013There isn't much that needs to be said except, wonderful! Everything was great - Food, Service, Atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ravioli and Pizza Heaven!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/17/2013Their pizzas come out of an awesome fired oven and their homemade ravioli was absolutely perfect! Casual dining but very loud.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The pizza was the way I rememberOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/27/2013The pizza was the way I remember it when we were in Naples several years ago. Not your typical American pizza (thankfully!)Ambiance was authentic. Service was impeccable. Not too pricey. Definitely plan to go back.Special Features:
- The perfect pizza!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/17/2013Nothing but exceptional. Enjoyed a dinner with coworkers Wednesday night (half off wine night I might add..) the pizza, service, and ambiance were phenomenal!Special Features:
- Good pizza. Don't expect fineFrequentDinerVIPDined on 4/13/2013Good pizza. Don't expect fine dining. This is a pizza place - crowded and noisy. Food was good but pizza got soggy quickly. Next time will order with a minimum of toppings. The pizza is very good - the setting is not.
- only pizza I have found inOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/12/2013only pizza I have found in Tampa that is like the pizza in Italy we ate for two weeks on our honeymoon. all the others have changed things for Americans at least a little. this is authenticSpecial Features:
- Pizza took a little over 30OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2013Pizza took a little over 30 minutes to come out, which with brick oven pizza is understandable, but the pizza came out undercooked. We had been before and had a good experience, but this was not. I'll stick with the penne alla vodka next time.
- The food was good, but notOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013The food was good, but not great. Had penne a la vodka based on reviews, but was underwhelmed with the dish. No bread was offered before the meal which is strange at an Italian restaurant.
- I enjoyed my visit last Friday.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2013I enjoyed my visit last Friday. The service was great and the good was very tasty. My only issue is with parking downtown. It was hard to park (and this was made more difficult due to the rain). Also, the sign for Bavaro's is not very visible, so I spent a long time walking trying to find the place. I even asked a waitress at a restaurant across the street who told me she had never heard of it. The Sangiovese we enjoyed that evening was excellent and priced affordably ($24.00). In any case, a wonderful place, and I am glad I went.Special Features:
- If not for the rude servicejenjenDined on 3/19/2013If not for the rude service this would be a neighborhood gem.
- Best Italian style thin crustKMaxDined on 3/15/2013Best Italian style thin crust brick oven pizza I've had outside of Rome. Pasta is made fresh and aauces are special. Tiny, crowded and noisy. Reminiscent of the North End of Boston. Good for small groups or couples. Leave the kids at home.Special Features:
- Awesome restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/13/2013Great food, atmosphere and service! Pizzaiolo's is the real deal!! Looking for wonderful Italian food then look no further. I have eaten here several times and have never been disappointed. Pizzaiola makes makes a wonderful place to take a date or hang out with a group of friends. If my waistline could afford it I would eat there every night!!Special Features:
- We LOVED Bavaro's. We areOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/7/2013We LOVED Bavaro's. We are fans of Neapolitan pizza, and this place gets it right. The pizzaiolo is amazing. We sat at the bar so we could him crafting the pizzas as the orders came in. Their woo-fired oven is kept at the proper temperature (around 900 degrees) to cook the pizzas in 90 seconds. Brick walls and glowing candles create a warm ambiance. So glad we found this gem in the city of Tampa.Special Features:
- Awesome, except they needErinDined on 3/1/2013Awesome, except they need a Riesling on the wine list! The pizza sauce is wonderful.Special Features:
- Great find! There were twelveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/19/2013Great find! There were twelve of us and everyone enjoyed their selections. We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Really good gem in downtown Tampa!TampamomDined on 2/15/2013Reservations seem to be necessary to ensure that you get a table. The restaurant is small and seems to fill up fast. We went on a Friday night prior to seeing a show at the Straz theater. Loved the margherita pizzas and caprese salad. The tiramisu was awesome. Cappuchinos were fairly good as well. They have outdoor seating and bar seating as well as regular seating. Service was pretty good - the only issue was that our table was very close to the host station and one of the people at our table was asked to lean forward several times to allow a staff member to pass. We were told that the table arrangements were done that way to accommodate a large party so it may be unusual. Overall I highly recommend it!Special Features:
- i lived in italy for threeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/31/2013i lived in italy for three years so i'm a complete pizza snob and this was real neapolitan pizza. excellent and a wonderful find. the cappuccino was sad but everything else was really great. i'll be back.Special Features:
- Overall I was not impressed.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/22/2013Overall I was not impressed. The restaurant itself is nice but other than that the fiod is comparable to a good pizza place .
- Tasty pizza and fresh, large-portioFoodiegalDined on 1/4/2013Tasty pizza and fresh, large-portioned salads. The food comes fast, which is a real plus. Loved how fresh the ingredients were and the nutella dough dessert was a delicious surprise. The service is remarkably slow in follow-up for a small place.//we needed a fork and refills on water but that seemed challenging. Still, the pizza is really good!Special Features:
- Warm and friendly service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2012Warm and friendly service. Pizza was awesome. Service was not rushed for our party of 6. Would definitely go again and recommend!Special Features:
- I have been many times toOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/4/2012I have been many times to this restaurant and the food has always been amazing and the experience great. We have been talking this place up to our out of town family and finally got a chance to take them. We waited 30 minutes when we has a reservation; the service was terrible. The food was still great but it will be hard for us to recommend it to our friends like I the past since we just got such horrible service.Special Features:
- Really Good Authentic PizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/1/2012The pizza was authentic and classic, cook well. The menu also had some good gourmet choices. The ambiance of the restaurant was good, I like the fact you could see the oven in the corner. Our server was a bit forgetful, even forgetting silverware.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pizza. Service is great.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/24/2012Great pizza. Service is great. The restaurant tends to be cold so bring a sweaterSpecial Features: