Battuto Italian Kitchen
18101 Preston Rd.
Dallas, TX 75252Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Battuto Italian Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.battuto.com/
- Phone: 9729300558x
- Hours of Operation:
Happy Hour: Daily: 4:00pm - 6:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Wine Bar, Modern Tuscan
- Executive Chef: Gustavo Herrera
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We are delighted to cater your event, please call or email to coordinate.
A word from Battuto Italian Kitchen
Serving handmade pasta, artisan pizza, handcrafted cocktails and exquisite desserts. Voted “Best Italian” 2013 Plano Profile. Voted “Best Italian” 2013 The Dallas A-List. Deemed “Best Italian Food DFW” Urbanspoon Guide. Inspired by the 5-Star quality food, yet casual approach to restaurants in Tuscany, Battuto Italian Kitchen features fresh, local and seasonal ingredients. As members of the Slow Food Movement, we take pride in carefully preparing our handmade pastas, slow-braised meat sauces, handcrafted pizzas, clean vegetable-puree soups, entree salads, fresh seafood and entrees. We are delighted to serve our vegetarian and vegan guests and happily accommodate for food sensitivities. We always have gluten-free pasta available for those who request it. As avid wine collectors, we believe in a quality wine list for the discerning palate which is also fairly priced.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Battuto Italian Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (12)neighborhood gem (12)special occasion (10)romantic (5)good for groups (5)notable wine list (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Amazing!En2FoodDined on 6/28/2014Wonderful culinary experience - loved the scallops ... even the house salad was memorable - wow! Our server was attentive, and the chef/owner was very friendly and accessible. This definitely will be one of our regular spots!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great quality but not great valueOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/25/2014Great Food, friendly Staff and owner. Small portions of simple ingredients. I understand made fresh and high quality but the ingredients even sources locally don't add to that high of a food cost. Value could definitely be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!!!conimccVIPDined on 6/21/2014This is our new "go to" restaurant for wonderful Italian cuisine. We love introducing Battuto's to our friends as well. The fuzzing of spices in their dishes are incredible whether it's for their Bison, Lamb or fish dishes. From appetizers to desserts, you won't be disappointed..Special Features:
- Very good but too much of one thingcolorfulplateDined on 6/21/2014My husband and I visited Battuto Italian Kitchen to celebrate our wedding anniversary. For starters, we shared the arugula frisee salad. The salad was okay, but needed something to perk it up. I had the Bison and my husband had the Gnocchi for our entrees. We both liked what we got, but about half way through we both decided that it was too much of one thing. Next time we go back, we decided that we'd share one entree and each order a side of veggies. Then we shared the strawberry shortcake, which was great, not too sweet but delicious. Overall, pretty good, but needs some variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experienceMel123Dined on 6/19/2014Service, food, vibe just delightful! We had a wonderful meal. The Mac and cheese pizza was piping hot and delicious. We shared it as an appetizer. All entrees cooked to perfection!Special Features:
- MikeDined on 6/15/2014Food, service and ambience very good. This is our second visit and will go again.Special Features:
- Enjoyed it...HungryVIPDined on 6/12/2014Food is very good. Loved the bison pasta and speck and quail egg pizza. Wine list is good and very reasonably priced. Service is good. Go eat there. Tell friends. We need this little gem to survive. Great local place.Special Features:
- great foodanotherfoodieDined on 6/7/2014The gnocchi is outstanding, as is the chocolate raspberry mousse cakeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 117 reviews are from the Battuto Italian Kitchen reviews archive.
- foodieVIPDined on 5/31/2014Excellent food, service and decor. The chicken pasta was the best pasta I have ever had. Husband loved his ragu sauced pasta. I only wish portions were larger.Special Features:
- GradDined on 5/24/2014Practically perfect in every way. The food was unique and delicious. The service was friendly and helpful without being intrusive. The desserts were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Potential...needs polish.PCD3VIPDined on 5/23/2014Tried this North Dallas Italian 1/2 dozen times. The food beckons...almost great, B+ for the price range. But service and ambience: wait staff friendly, tries hard but appears untutored in upscale service. Dishes timed incorrectly, wine arrives too late, silverware arrives randomly, visits to the table random. Last visit, the wine timing (on a $140 bottle) was so bad the chef/owner came out to open and serve it himself. This might have saved the day, but he arrived with the novice waiter in tow, didn't introduce himself but simply said, "Was our timing inappropriate on this?", right in front of the waiter. Why ask? If it wasn't, why was he here? Plus, concrete floor, bare flat ceiling and unimaginative "Italian" music result in high noise.Special Features:
- Strange Service ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/21/2014We can recommend the food. Arancini was good, Burrata with roasted garlic was subtle. The special, Lamb Ragu and their Bison Ragu were also very well done. Seasoned nicely and the pasta al dente. The strangeness started during our mains. I had finished mine. My wife was still eating hers, and the waiter brought the dessert menu and left the bill, just in case we didn't want dessert. He then asked if we wanted to order. It was only 8:40pm. We felt as though we were on the clock, and it ruined a pleasant anniversary meal. One dessert later, new bill, no offering of coffee. We left. Battuto - food good, service not so muchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodILBCVIPDined on 5/17/2014The food is delicious and flavorful but they need to work on the old building smell.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the drive northdallasdinerVIPDined on 5/3/2014Battuto is one of the best Italian restaurants in DFW. If you never drive north of 635 you should make an exception to visit this place. The menu is wonderful and the owners are attentive and on site. This is one of our new favorite places... we have been three times and it has never disappointed. The Burrata appetizer is divine and we have never had a bad main course.Special Features:
- DisappointingHarryVIPDined on 5/3/2014The Chicken Parmigiana special was not very good. The Burrata appetizer was way over salted. Why do the serve Texas toast with each course?Special Features:
- Great Food Found HerekidluckyDined on 5/1/2014My wife and I often come here to relax and recharge while enjoying a superb dining experience. The food is fabulous, the service great, and the staff is friendly and helpful. I recommend this restaurant to anyone needing a place to relax and enjoy a great meal. This restaurant is fairly expensive, but my wife and I often share food or take half home and thus have two meals, making it much less expensive in the long run. Get ready for a great dining experience and make your reservation today!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!EatoftenVIPDined on 4/29/2014Battuto is one of the most fabulous restaurnts in Dallas. The food is incredible. Fresh pastas, salads and soups. I ate my entire plate of pasta! And, I love the fact that the owners are always in the house. The service is outstanding as well. I highly recommend this restaurant. Oh, also..they use Open Table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bachelorette PartyCoffeeSnobDined on 4/26/2014My sister wanted an untraditional bachelorette party (calm and classy) - this was a great place to start the evening. Friendly, knowledgable service, great drinks and not your run of the mill Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Battuto's is AWESOMEDeadrea82Dined on 4/26/2014Had a late lunch on Saturday 4/26/14 and it was awesome!!! My best friend and I shared a bottle of wine and had lunch and it was just the best!!! I had the Bison and pasta. Just melt in your mouth wonderful. My friend had the Gnocchi and she really liked it. These were dishes that neither of us had tried before and would order them again!!! The dessert......OMG, so good!! We had the Red Wine Chocolate Cake. One of the best cakes I have ever eaten!!! Thank you Gene and Julie for making it a wonderful girls day out!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/25/2014Our waiter, Demarius or Demarcus (can't quit remember) was very observant. I loved the Panna cotta! It is almost impossible to find an Italian restaurant that serves this classic dessert. It was as good as when I had it in Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great nightbigbearVIPDined on 4/25/2014This is one of favorite neighborhood dining places. We continued to explore as the menu changes. Lamb ragu was fabulous. Ordered two desserts both were good but not spectacular. The main reason we come is of course for the Italian and this place has slowly worked its way to my favorite in Dallas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/20/2014Had the Eater brunch. Just fantastic food. I had lamb ragu with pasta and guest had steak and eggs. We both had tiramisu. All outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulSantaFeFanDined on 4/19/2014As always, Battuto made a wonderful memory for our family as we celebrated Easter there. Food, wine, service...all wonderful!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Needs to Catch UpWishfulFoodieDined on 4/18/2014This was our 2nd visit to this restaurant and the food is simply outstanding. Cauliflower soup was incredible. Caesar salad was sublime. Cocktails are wonderful; bartenders friendly. But the service, while probably good for a Chili's, is not on par with the food or the ambiance. My suggestion would be for the lead server and the owner to go to Kenny's Wood Fire Grill and have a meal. The servers there are tremendous! Exceptional. The food at Kenny's is also exceptional; Battuto's is just as wonderful. So please please get the service in line so that we can bring friends to this fine spot.Special Features:
- Great Service, Good FoodAprildinerDined on 4/12/2014We had a large group of 9 people and the service was outstanding. The kitchen mixed up on one of the dishes and two of our meals that were ordered medium rare came out rare and medium well. But nevertheless, the food tasted very good and the waiter took excellent care of us. Both appetizers and desert was excellent. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic local find!JohnspicksVIPDined on 4/11/2014Always enjoy dinner at Battuto! Service is great and food us wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This Place is Marvelous!HenryRDined on 4/9/2014Celebrities great you as old friends.....but here.....you are the celebrity.......the food is so fresh, beautiful....if you are looking for a Olive Garden or Macaroni Grill...not this place...if you want to walk into a true Italian Bistro....this is your spot.......Special Features:
- A Great Italian ExperienceDutchmanDined on 4/8/2014My wife and I have now been to Battuto twice. We love it. Several elements brought us back and will continue to bring us back. 1. The food is fantastic and the ideas original. Their approach to garlic cheese bread is fun and delicious. The filet mignon pizza is fantastic! 2. The service is great. They are knowledgeable and fast but not overbearing. Good wine service. 3. It is definitely a jewel within its location. We are huge fans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Change can be good!Eats2liveDined on 4/7/2014We discovered Battuto on one of our evening explorations for. Restaurants closer to home in 2013 and discovered Battuto. Wild boar ragout had just been added to menu, with butternut quash. That was the go to meal. Time passes and seasons change and what? No wild boar ragout? Had to step out and try some all new specialty dishes. Lamb Ragout, chicken primavera pasta. Soap so good. Kudos to server Ashley for her good natured participation in our jokes :-). tHIS is our go to restaurant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible Service With An AttitudeEddieDined on 4/5/2014There was six of us. The service was unacceptable. The waiter brought our main entrée before we had a chance to finish our salads and soups. There wasn't even room for our plates. One member of our party ordered the same dish he has ordered the last five times we were there. He always request no mushrooms in his pasta. The dish was brought with mushrooms and when he sent it back, the manager or owner came to the table and told him it could not be prepared that way. He said it with a clear attitude that we all witnessed. We all agreed that in all of our experience of visiting restaurants', none of us have ever been treated that way. The last time we visited, another waiter had a negative attitude. I think success has gone to their head.Special Features:
- Pricey and everything is a la carteSL00VIPDined on 4/4/2014Decent place but the food is not as good with the old chef, the prices have gone up. Plus your meal comes with one piece of bread (not a basket for the table) No salad, no soup or option to add on with your meal. Everything is sold a la carte. We got basic pasta, chicken parm, and one soup(no drinks) and it cost $40. That just a bit too expensive.Special Features:
- Excellent all around!!BodhidDined on 4/1/2014The food was excellent, service was very good & I would highly recommend dining here. The Comanche buffalo pasta was a highlight!!Special Features:
- Wonderful restaurant!! ReceivedconimccVIPDined on 3/29/2014Wonderful restaurant!! Received a gift certificate for the restaurant and decided to try it. This definitely will be our go to place for great food, wine and great service. The owner comes around and checks to see if everything is okay as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Battuto Italian Kitchen Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/28/2014We recently moved to the area and have found quite the gem in the North Dallas area. The owner stopped by our table several times to make us feel welcome and at home. He explained the menu items to make our mouths water and was very generous with his time with us. The filet pizza was wonderful and the bison pasta was certainly a wonderful new try. Thank you Gene for taking such great care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite Italian place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014Italian is my favorite food so it has been harder and harder to find a restaurant that is up to my ever-increasing standards. Battuto exceeded my expectations and those of my fiance. Will DEFINITELY be returning. Great food, great service, great ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's in the KitchenChicagoGirlVIPDined on 3/23/2014Having been born and raised in one of the great Italian Food cities in the U.S.A., I am always skeptical of any location in DFW voted best Italian Food by local diners. My skepticism is yet to be overturned. It's an Italian cuisine desert in this town and the quest continues.... We ate at Batutto for Sunday brunch-maybe 6 tables at the most occupied. Our uncomplicated order took a very long time to get to the table. The server was conscious of that and did his best to expedite the order. Don't quite understand why a new coffee mug was delivered to the table for a refill. The kid's pizza was just a slippery mess, and our 5 year old grandchild wouldn't eat it. HOW in the world can a pizza fail?
- Need to go or returnFoodieonthehuntDined on 3/22/2014The food is very good and the staff is awesome. If you have not tried it please do, if you have enough said.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat and Cheese board wasKD12Dined on 3/20/2014Meat and Cheese board was excellent, the pickles, jam, bread, and all the meats/cheeses were delicious. But, that's easy, anyone can do that. The cauliflower soup was too good. I could eat that by the bucketful. The arugula salad was so blah I could barely stand it. I ordered the scallops and they were so completely perfectly cooked, I could cry. And then, when I tasted the obscene amount of salt, I almost did. There was so much salt my mouth literally hurt. It completely ruined the perfectly cooked scallops. The risotto was good, though. The pomodoro pasta with filet was so lackluster it's not even worth mentioning. Our server was very knowledgeable and friendly, he brought us an incorrect entree but fixed it quickly.Special Features:
- Give this place a tryM625Dined on 3/14/2014We live nearby but with so many choices it took us a while to give it a chance. The first reaction was the regret of not coming in sooner. Great food & service - a true gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great risottoCJMMDined on 3/8/2014Last night we ordered the special Bacon & Mushroom Risotto appetizer for the table. It was wonderful; creamy, but with plenty of texture. It was very good. We would order it again if it appeared on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.