64 Frost St
Brooklyn, NY 11222Neighborhood:
CaribbeanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.batteryharris.com/
- Phone: 7183848900
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday- Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday -Wednesday: 4:00pm - 12:30am
Thursday: 4:00pm -2:00am
Friday- Saturday: 4:00pm- 4:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, American, Asian
- Executive Chef: Zach Frankel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine Bar
A word from Battery Harris
Battery Harris is a restaurant and bar inspired by the flavors of the Caribbean and Flatbush Brooklyn. We are committed to elevated and innovative cuisine while maintaining a laid-back vibe in both atmosphere and demeanor. Our cozy, beach-themed décor is enjoyed by everyone from neighborhood locals stopping in for a quick beer and small bite, to large groups of friends embarking on a culinary adventure, to the late night crowd throwing back cocktails and sampling the Jerk Menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Battery Harris reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (1)fit for foodies (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- Good timesMeekaDined on 8/7/2014I recently went to Battery Harris for the second time. Good vibes, good food and drinks. You also can't beat the available parking in the area.Special Features:
- EhBrunchBabeDined on 8/3/2014Went for their brunch. Food was mediocre. It's basically self serve. Nice decor and space, but a lot of flies. One landed right on my food as I was eating .
- The following 10 reviews are from the Battery Harris reviews archive.
- Just okayBblaDined on 5/7/2014Went here with a friend on a Wednesday night, so it was pretty quiet. We seated ourselves in the outdoor area, and it took over 15 minutes for a server to come over to us. Once he came over though, he was pretty attentive (forgot a few key things like napkins and a pen for the credit card, but I think he was new). I got the jerk chicken sandwich, and it was nothing spectacular - very bleh.Special Features:
- BillyBurg DopenessSANSOSAsaysYESDined on 4/20/2014So. I don't come to Williamsburg much, but when I do, I expect it to be worth my while. This place hit the spot. Kinda wish it was in Bed Stuy. Or the east vill for that matter. Anyway my girlfriend and I had the Oxtail hash and rum raisin french toast, plus a patty on the side. Bangin.(the flavors are mild, 'soft' if you will. probably safe to say there's no one Caribbean in the kitchen, it is Billyburg after all) Plus they have unlimited mimosas for two hours which was perfect, AND they let you keep the pitcher at your table. yes. yes. & yes. Major points for this. Great outdoor space, cool attentive staff, music completely on point, dope BK vibe all around. We'll be back on a hot sunny day for those frozen dark and stormys.Special Features:
- Great Easter/420 brunchFoodie123Dined on 4/20/2014Had a great brunch here with my dad. The mimosas were amazing and I loved the bottomless brunch. Ordered the carribean breakfast and really enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cute but slow and coldoisdfoiahDined on 4/6/2014the staff is the best very friendly and charming but 2 orders were sold out and we only found that out 30m later and then the food took forever to come and was cold. the staff is so cool that its okkkkk but i could imagine the food could be great if fast and hot and available. they gave us a discount so that was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FUNJayyseecaaDined on 4/5/2014Such a fun indoor/outdoor bar. The menu consisted if a lot of jerk chicken and was excellent. Everyone must try to wings and the jerk chicken sandwich . Only negative was we sat down to eat around 1045pm and by 11pm the lights are basically off so we couldn't see our food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good drinks but...BobbySnapsVIPDined on 4/5/2014I went to Battery Harris with a large group for my birthday this past weekend. Upon arriving at the restaurant I was told that the size of the reservation had been reduced from 12 go 10...when two days earlier I had confirmed in increase in the size of the party to 16. Needless to say that the table that had been arranged was not sufficient. The staff did a good job scrambling to set-up a larger back room for us, but curious that they did not think to do this initially. Once seated: 1. The food was fine but nothing amazing. Chicken wings were the best thing on the menu. Reasonably priced however. 2. Drinks were excellent 3. Service was terrible - drinks came up sporadically and didn't always match with what was ordered. Very slow.
- YUMMYOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/4/2014They served Caribbean food and...it was delicious!! I will definitely crave the flavors of the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why I Love Battery HarrisArii17Dined on 3/16/2014Alright, admittedly I am slightly biased, one of the owners is a friends older brother. That being said, I absolutely LOVE this place. It's laid back, do not go if you aren't ready to operate on "beach time" (the opposite of a NY minute). The food is simple and absolutely delicious, the atmosphere is open and light, very island inspired with an awesome indoor/outdoor situation in the warmer months. The cocktail menu is well balance but skip it and go straight to the frozen dark n' stormy, if I had to only drink one drink for the rest of my life it would be this one (yes even in the cold months its absolutely delicious). Bottom line, grab some friends and go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wanted it to be betterSweiheDined on 3/15/2014we waited at the "please wait to be seated" sign for at least 5 mn, with no one noticing. We finally approached someone. Once seated We sat for close to 10 mn before our server came over & immediately asked "are you ready?". The music was too loud for normal conversation. It felt more like a bar than a restaurant. This was at 8:30 on a Sat night. Our food came in a timely manner but our server set out it down & walked away before wecould ask for the silverware that was missing from our table. I walked to the server station & got it myself. The food was actually good so that helped. Our bill included two shots that we didn't have,the server went to fix it & ran our card again and it was still wrong, they got it right on the 3rd try.Special Features:
- Good Jamaican Food, Negligent SrvceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2014I went for brunch with a few friends on a Sunday. The vibe was good, the food was very good. I had ox tail hash which was spicy and awesome. Our server started off alright when we were their only table. But once a few tables came in, we were completely ignored. There was about a 45-50 minute period where we were just sitting there, waiting to ask for a round of drinks and pay for our check. We eventually had to chase the server down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.