Inside Battery Park
across from 17 State St.
New York, NY 10004Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.batterygardens.com/restaurant.html
- Phone: (212) 809-5508 ext. 1
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday 11:30am - 9:00pm & Sunday 11:30am - 3pm. Beer Garden open daily (weather permitting) starting at 11:30am.
Based on the event schedule; Lunch or Dinner may be served in an alternate dining room. A member of the management team will notify reservations if effected.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Ari Nieminen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: SOCIAL:
From intimate to extravagant, traditional to unexpected; we are dedicated to creating your ideal wedding and reception. Battery Gardens invites you into its elegantly appointed functions rooms which represent the special tradition of Manhattan's elegance and beauty. All of our catered affairs are custom designed to meet your every need and expectation. Contact our experienced professionals to plan your special day.
- Special Events: CORPORATE:
Whether it's a cocktail party with exotic passed hors d'ouvres, a food station buffet or a plated event, the chef and his staff will insure both the food and presentation are exquisite. You can select from one of Chef Ari Nieminen's special event menus or the chef can customize a menu to fit your specific needs and desires.
For smaller, more intimate gatherings our garden suite may be the perfect alternative. A private dining room with a large outdoor patio, set in Battery Parl, the Garden Suite can accommodate up to 60 people.
A word from Battery Gardens
Battery Gardens Restaurant is a beautiful waterfront facility that offers panoramic views of New York Harbor, the statue of Liberty, Ellis Island and more. Featuring two outdoor patio areas and a wood burning fireplace this is the ultimate waterfront facility in Manhattan. The menu is contemporary American/Continental cuisine with Asian-Fusion elements which reflects New York's diversity.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Battery Gardens - Best Restaurants in Battery Park ›
Battery Gardens reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (30)great for outdoor dining (27)great for lunch (13)special occasion (12)romantic (11)neighborhood gem (6)great for brunch (5)good for groups (5)notable wine list (3)late-night find (3)fit for foodies (3)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- great time!!IsabellaDined on 3/31/2014food was EXCELLENT. The view was beautiful and I would recommend this place.. great serviceSpecial Features:
- nice night outLauraLDined on 3/19/2014We were a group of nine. Because it was absolutely pouring out - we basically had the entire restaurant to ourselves. The host was nice enough to go outside to assist one of our party to find the restaurant since it is in the park and she was by herself. The food was wonderful as was the service. I would definitely recommend the restaurant and will go back, to hopefully a drier night so we could actually see the harbor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food with a view!KattDined on 2/28/2014Went for a team lunch here. The food was absolutely delicious. Had the pumpkin rissotto, yum! The ambiance is great and it was quiet too. Just perfect for a quick lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best date everOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Went there with the greatest valentine day ever. The minute I stepped in the place wowed me. Talked to the owner for a bit, he had my fiancé and I laughing such a good guy. Place was looking real sharp. Food was very uniquely designed and came beautifully prepared. It was very enjoyable especially if your looking to try something new. Service was awesome always checked up on us. Place was very romantic. Definitely doing this again next year. I would recommend this place to all couples old and young, fellas looking for a place to wow you and your date, this is the place to go to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special treatNyctothehamptonsDined on 2/14/2014One of the most outstanding views in all of NYC. My husband and I were married here 4 years ago and always return for a romantic night out. The dining room is large and beautifully decorated with panoramic views of the harbor, battery park and the Statue of Liberty. The food and service are always great. Battery Gardens is a special gem in NYC and the owner Paul treats everyone like family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing especialOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014I went there for valentine's dinner. The food was good but nothing special at all, it's like something that you can prepare at home. The service is not good, I waited about 20 min for a glass of champaigne. I hate that kind of service. It is not terrible but there are definetely hundred of better places to go in NYC.
- Great view, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/14/2014We went to Battery Gardens for their Valentine's Day prix fixe dinner. We were seated by the window and wowed with a spectacular, clear view of the Statue of Liberty. We both had the filet for our main course, which was delicious and cooked as we ordered. We were also very pleased with their champagne selection and not disappointed by the bottle we chose. The appetizers, though, failed to impress. I had the tuna tartar which was overpowered by a citrus dressing -- definitely would not order again. Though those who took our order and brought our food were polite, we would have liked to have been introduced to a waiter we would see the entire night. Overall: Great ambiance, impressive view, great atmosphere, and good food.Special Features:
- Battery Park GemOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2014I found Battery Gardens on open table and they were serving a $75.00 pre-fix menu. A little pricy but worth it for the Ambiance, Outside View & food. My wife and I had a drink at the bar than moved upstairs a for dinner. Service was quick and unobtrusive. Food came well paced and was excellent. Never felt rushed once. I would like to give a special thank you to the entire staff. My wife left her Swarovski necklace and bracelets that I bought her for valentines day under the table and we left. Not till the next day did she remember. I called back right away left a message and around 10am I received the good news they had it and my wife was wearing it the same night. I would 100% come back and recommend Battery Gardens to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We got engaged at BatteryPaulVIPDined on 2/14/2014We got engaged at Battery Gardens and we couldn't have picked a better venue! The staff took really good care of us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view, fabulous foodBrevans01Dined on 2/12/2014Really enjoyed the scenic view and can't wait to return in warmer weather and evening. Food was impressive - and service was exemplary.Special Features:
- Wedding receptionSpouseBDined on 11/26/2013This was an awesome place to take our wedding guest after the ceremony in Central Park !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING FIND!!!Hdm46VIPDined on 11/20/2013DIFFICULT TO FIND, BUT WORTH IT! THE OWNER STAYED ON THE PHONE WITH US, HELPING TO GUIDE US INTO THE PARKING LOT. HE ACTUALLY CAME OUTSIDE TO MAKE SURE WE WERE OK. BELIEVE IY OR NOT, THERE IS ACTUALLY FREE PARKING. AFTER BETTER BELLINIS THAN EVEN HARRY'S BAR, WE HAD A FABULOUS MEAL, SERVED BY A FRIENDLY AND ATTENTIVE STAFF. THE WINE LIST WAS WELL PRICED. WE HAD A BOTTLE OF JORDAN CAB FOR LESS THAN $100, WHICH IS A FAIR MARKUP. THE AMBIENCE, DECOR, AND VIEW WERE UNMATCHABLE. WE REALLY CAN'T WAIT TO RETURN AND LOOK FORWARD TO DINING OUTSIDE ON THEIR TERRACE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodNiceDined on 10/4/2013The food was good and the waiter was always prompt. The only problem was that he seemed to have a bit of an attitude. Otherwise, I have no complaints.Special Features:
- We had an awesome time. TheAtlanticDined on 10/1/2013We had an awesome time. The food and service was great and the weather was beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, food not so goodShorelady45Dined on 10/1/2013We were recently there on a warm October night. The restaurant (indoors) is very attractive and the view was wonderful overlooking the harbor. Appetizers were good and the waitress was very good. The food - not so good. The first fish one of my guest ordered was halibut. It was not great - dry with a different taste (it was not bad, just didn't taste quite right). They brought a different fish that was not really better. Wound up leaving it. My crab cake was just OK. The spaghetti bolognese had another odd taste (cinnamon? curry?). Go for the view, drinks, and appetizers, but have dinner elsewhere. Also, our waitress was terrific, so I would say the service is very good.Special Features:
- Great View02BNVIPDined on 9/25/2013The place looks a little thread bare as you approach it. However, the outdoor seating area has a great view of the Statue of Liberty and the confluence of the Hudson and East Rivers. Despite the large number of occupied tables outdoors, there was only one waiter serving all the tables. This slowed things down abit, though when I mentioned we needed to catch a ferry at a certain time, they made sure we were served promptly. Great customer service in that respect. Food was pretty good.Special Features:
- Very Nice PlaceFJGJ99Dined on 9/17/2013I was pleasantly surprised. It was a little pricey but for the serving size, it was well worth it. I highly recommend the Salmon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat!DrewDined on 9/6/2013Went on a Friday night date here. We ate outside on the back patio and it was wonderful! Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful brunch- rain or shineTasteSeekerDined on 9/2/2013Enjoyed an outdoor brunch on a slightly drizzly day. We were seated under a large umbrella and a tree with white lights. They offered to take us inside, but we were fine and enjoyed a uniquely romantic brunch overlooking the water with excellent service and tasty dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Dinner Spot!StephanDined on 8/17/2013The view on the harbor plus delicious food and a very professional, attentive yet friendly waiter = a perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience, good food-CLBeatsDined on 8/15/2013Great ambience, good food- you are paying for the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant Outdoor EaterySteveNYCVIPDined on 8/11/2013We really enjoyed our lunch at Battery Gardens. It has a real European feel in regard to the service and the ambiance plus the views across the Hudson to the Statue of Liberty were great. The restaurant is situated right on the water so you also enjoy the many types of craft that make their way through the channels. The menu was varied and the food well prepared. We started with green salads that were crisp and nicely seasoned followed by a delicious miso chilean sea bass that was delicately infused with Asian flavors. The waiter told us it was their signature dish. We will return.Special Features:
- Great scenic view! We orderedLumiDined on 8/5/2013Great scenic view! We ordered Chlliean Sea Bass, which I strongly recommend...All in all we had a very nice lunch and I would love to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst service ever.BillyPVIPDined on 7/27/2013We had the MOST inattentive waiter. Never checked up on us. We had to get up and find him twice. And then this place HAS THE NERVE to include a mandatory 20% gratuity for a party of TWO??????? The food was good, but the service was so bad and the mandatory tip was an insult.
- Lady Liberty in your lapRedGinjiDined on 6/21/2013An overall fabulous experience. Food was very good, but that pales to the view of Lady Liberty and Ellis Island. GoGogo!!Special Features:
- You come here for the view,lindarVIPDined on 6/17/2013You come here for the view, not the food. But the food is actually acceptable, with great salad entree choices.Special Features:
- The worst experience everMariajoDined on 6/15/2013The food was very poor, I ordered pasta and was very normal and spicy, but they didn´t inform me before or in the menu. The service was poor and very slow. For dessert they gave us some fruit as a plus. i guess it was the left overs of the wedding they were hosting. When they gave us the check, a 21% tip was already included. We were only 3 people, and this is not common, moreover if it is not written in the menu by advance. The waiter, who seemed to be the operation manager, treated us very bad, telling us that was common in NY and we should go out more often. (BTW, we have been living in the US for 4 years now, we are not new tourists....). It was the worst restaurant ever in the US!! I´ve never come again!!! neither I´ll recommend it!!
- Great timeMorakeoDined on 6/1/2013This was my first time at Battery Gardens and my family and I had a great time celebrating a special birthday together. The food and service were great. I will definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good overallVisitorDined on 4/29/2013Great appetizer and friendly service, the main course I had was ok but I expected more. Did not care much for my dessert pistachio creme brulee, far too sweet with little other taste. Overall a good experience though as the restaurant does have a great view and a nice atmosphere, albeit it a little too much on the romantic cheesy side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing experience for teensOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013The experience here was ok. I planned this dinner for my mentoring group as part of their etiquette training and I chose this restaurant because of the beauty of the inside sitting area. To begin we made the reservations weeks before for 7 young women. The morning of the dinner I received a call from the restaurant explaining to me that we needed to come in 1/2 hour before because the restaurant had a wedding and needed the guest out early. I found this to be really disappointing because this wasn't told to me weeks ago when I reserved out table. I tried getting my girls there figuring we would try to still enjoy ourselves only to be seated outside in the outside dining area (sad) this was even more disappointing and then we were rushed.
- The views are spectacular.CevssDined on 3/31/2013The views are spectacular. The prix fixe dinner started out wonderfully. The pasta first course set a high standard; it was delicious. However, the main courses sat too long and both the salmon and ribeye were dried out. I asked for it to be done rare and it arrived medium to rare. Did not send it back because I could not find the waiter. When the waiter asked how hinges were at the end of our meal, I told him. He offered two glasses of wine to make up for it. Very nice gesture and I appreciated it. Dessert was also wonderful and I'd definitely order it again. Unfortunately, when the bill came, I found a miscellaneous charge under service for exactly the same amount as two glasses wine would cost.Special Features:
- Location is special givenOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/31/2013Location is special given its view of the water and the Statue of Liberty. The food was beautifully prepared, presented and flavourful. The Spring Pea soup had the essence of spring despite the chilly Easter wind blowing over the weekend. Wait staff was attentive, ambiance welcoming, portions quite rewarding and the prixe fixe Easter brunch provided a good varied selection of choices. Everything was a delight for us out of town visitors.Special Features:
- The server was really bad.GeraldineVIPDined on 12/28/2012The server was really bad. He left our table before we finished ordering and stood at my back to take our order. I had to ask him to stand in front of us because I didn't feel comfortable with him taking my order from behind me when there was more than enough room to stand besides our table. And it wasn't even busy! Disappointed. The only reason I put recommend because it may get better and I need to go a second time.Special Features:
- Entree salads were fresh andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/21/2012Entree salads were fresh and tasty. Very quiet and spectacular views of the harborSpecial Features:
- We had a nice meal here, recommendeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/16/2012We had a nice meal here, recommended by a friend for the view. On the day the weather was awful but on a fine day it would have been fantastic.The restaurant was not busy at all apart from a large birthday party, who seemed to get all the attention and make all the noise. Food was good, but pricey. My daughter had to send her water glass back on account of a very clear lipstck mark. Overall probably wouldnt go back. Was astounded at the bill which charged a 20% gratuity and then left a space for additional tip!Special Features:
- This was first time we ateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012This was first time we ate Thanksgiving Dinner out. We expected crowed noisy poor service and we were So surprised the food was delicious the atmosphere was serene and the overall Experience was spectacular. The view of lady liberty at sunset is amazing Would highly recommend to fellow New Yorkers.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful ThanksgivingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/22/2012We had a wonderful Thanksgiving Dinner with great service and the food was excellent. We needed to change the time on our reservations, and they were very accommodating.Special Features:
- Despite being ravaged by SandyEichVIPDined on 11/15/2012Despite being ravaged by Sandy we were greeted enthusiastically and had a great table to view a beautiful day.Special Features:
- my favorite restaurnat inOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/11/2012my favorite restaurnat in NYC.always want to dine at Battery GardensSpecial Features:
- We had a very pleasant SaturdayDavidDined on 10/20/2012We had a very pleasant Saturday lunch at Battery Gardens. Great view of the New York harbor and Statue of Liberty. Nice patio area under a large tree. I just hope it hasn't been damaged too much by Sandy.Special Features: