Inside Battery Park
across from 17 State St.
New York, NY 10004Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.batterygardens.com/restaurant.html
- Phone: (212) 809-5508 ext. 1
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday 11:30am - 9:00pm & Sunday 11:30am - 3pm. Beer Garden open daily (weather permitting) starting at 11:30am.
Based on the event schedule; Lunch or Dinner may be served in an alternate dining room. A member of the management team will notify reservations if effected.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Ari Nieminen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: SOCIAL:
From intimate to extravagant, traditional to unexpected; we are dedicated to creating your ideal wedding and reception. Battery Gardens invites you into its elegantly appointed functions rooms which represent the special tradition of Manhattan's elegance and beauty. All of our catered affairs are custom designed to meet your every need and expectation. Contact our experienced professionals to plan your special day.
- Special Events: CORPORATE:
Whether it's a cocktail party with exotic passed hors d'ouvres, a food station buffet or a plated event, the chef and his staff will insure both the food and presentation are exquisite. You can select from one of Chef Ari Nieminen's special event menus or the chef can customize a menu to fit your specific needs and desires.
For smaller, more intimate gatherings our garden suite may be the perfect alternative. A private dining room with a large outdoor patio, set in Battery Parl, the Garden Suite can accommodate up to 60 people.
A word from Battery Gardens
Battery Gardens Restaurant is a beautiful waterfront facility that offers panoramic views of New York Harbor, the statue of Liberty, Ellis Island and more. Featuring two outdoor patio areas and a wood burning fireplace this is the ultimate waterfront facility in Manhattan. The menu is contemporary American/Continental cuisine with Asian-Fusion elements which reflects New York's diversity.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Battery Gardens - Best Restaurants in Battery Park ›
Battery Gardens reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (30)great for outdoor dining (27)great for lunch (13)special occasion (12)romantic (11)neighborhood gem (6)great for brunch (5)good for groups (5)notable wine list (3)late-night find (3)fit for foodies (3)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Service was attentive. MyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/13/2008Service was attentive. My dining partners enjoyed the crab cakes and lobster salad and Moroccan chicken. I had lobster and scallops pasta Scallops were fresh and sweet where the lobster was pretty tough. I had a hard time cutting it with my knife. The pasta tasty but the sauce was too oily.Special Features:
- While the food was not bad,LGParsonDined on 5/12/2008While the food was not bad, it was overly busy. At the end of our meal, I had to go find the waiter for our check, even though it was not busy. He was sitting at the bar having a drink. My friends & I enjoyed the view.Special Features:
- It was a lovely other's dayOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/11/2008It was a lovely other's day dinner - though I would have appreciated it if they had advised us in advance that the only available menu we would be able to order was the $60 price fixed dinner, as I wouldn't have wanted that many courses, and we came with younger kids (one just over 12) who would not normally have had the full dinner. The restaruant could have advised me of this when I confirmed, which I did twice.Special Features:
- The service was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2008The service was excellent. We had an issue with a dish, and the wait-staff and manager did not hesitate to correct it. The food was excellently prepared. We didn't feel rushed. All in all it was a perfect Mother's Day experience for all...Several of the wait-staff wished my mother-in-law "happy Mother's Day" which I thought was a very nice touch, and very appreciated by my mother-in-law.Special Features:
- The food and service was average,DDNYDined on 5/11/2008The food and service was average, but then again it was mothers day. It normally is like that on mothers day in any place. But the location is great, a truly NEW YORK experience and I am a New Yorker.Special Features:
- This was a horrible experience.AANJDined on 5/11/2008This was a horrible experience. The food was not memorable. I ordered my filet medium and both times it came out well. The service was severely slow, rude, and deplorable. To add injury to inslut, the gratuity was added. The place smelled of bleach. It is a shame that I took my mother there for mother's day.
- Great place. I was especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/7/2008Great place. I was especially surprise by the nice terrasse... Nothing better than eating under a tree, in its shade, with some sea breeze to relax.Special Features:
- There was a private partysuperkapsVIPDined on 5/6/2008There was a private party going on inside the restaurant, so we had to sit outside. This turned out to be nice since it was a fairly warm night out, however, I wish I had known this when I booked the reservation. Also, since we were sitting outside, patrons were allowed to smoke. I am highly sensitive to smoke and wish they could have designated an area for smokers. Even though it's outside, the smoke does waft to other tables and change the dining experience.Special Features:
- They had a private party thatOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/3/2008They had a private party that night and had failed to cancel our reservations ahead of time. Very accommodating in that case. Excellent wine list. They need to enforce their smoking rules more or post signs in the front.Special Features:
- I asked through Open TableOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/1/2008I asked through Open Table for a table with a good view because this was a special occasion and was delighted to be seated at a beautiful window table. Thank you. I love Open Table and Battery Gardens restauarant.Special Features:
- With their unobstructed viewOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/24/2008With their unobstructed view of New York Harbor, including the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, this restaurant is hard to beat for atmosphere. The food's excellent, too, as is the service. All-round great place.Special Features:
- This restaurant would be noOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/24/2008This restaurant would be no big thing were it not for the daytime outdoor dining experience. Sitting by NY Harbor looking out at the Statue of Liberty on a nice day, however, can only be described as memorable. The food is good - not great, but good, and the outdoor atmosphere more than makes up for it. I don't recommend the restaurant so highly for indoor dining, though.Special Features:
- You can't beat the view thatOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/10/2008You can't beat the view that you get at this restaurant. Food is average. The waiter suggested one item that most of the people ordered which was good. Not a big menu to choose from. Weak drinks.Special Features:
- Our reservation was at 6:30MarioDined on 3/23/2008Our reservation was at 6:30 and we were only 3 tables in the restaurant... not very good for the ambiance on an Easter evening. Otherwise the food were wonderfull, the service, fast and friendly, the price at 55$ / person on a fix price menu was a bit hight but the look on the river... whow.Special Features:
- Service was impeccable- staffOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/17/2008Service was impeccable- staff wa friendly- owner was gracious. Thanks. We had a fun, romantic evening!! Sara BondarSpecial Features:
- Fabulous view! Bright whiteOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/20/2008Fabulous view! Bright white dining room makes for bright spot for sunday brunch!Special Features:
- Ate lunch here twice and weOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/20/2006Ate lunch here twice and we had horrible service both times. Absolutely would not recommend.Special Features: