Baton Rouge- Thornhill
230 Commerce Valley Dr
Thornhill, ON L3T 7Y3Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Baton Rouge- Thornhill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.batonrougerestaurants.com/
- Phone: 9057646959
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday & Monday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Baton Rouge- Thornhill
Bâton Rouge is always a satisfying experience, from our great food to our relaxing atmosphere. Whether you’re enjoying an intimate dinner for two meeting up with friends or coming together as a family, Bâton Rouge promises perfection in both the restaurant experience and your dining pleasure. Our signature, fall of the bone ribs are rivaled only by our tender AAA Sterling Silver cuts of beef. Enjoy fresh fish or perfectly aged steak cooked over a real wood fire. Our diverse menu offers crisp salads, delicious starters and sweet desserts. Our meals are prepared with fresh, quality ingredients sure to satisfy your appetite.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Baton Rouge- Thornhill - Best Restaurants in Thornhill ›
Baton Rouge- Thornhill reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (25)special occasion (15)great for lunch (12)kid-friendly (9)neighborhood gem (9)fit for foodies (5)great for brunch (4)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)romantic (2)notable wine list (2)great for outdoor dining (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Seafood loverLuv2eatoutDined on 10/18/2014All round excellent! I had the ahi tuna and my friends had the ribs. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal! Everything was cooked to perfection. Service was excellent. For such a big restaurant the noise level was moderately low.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdated menuBlueDragonVIPDined on 10/12/2014Scratch out the outdated choice from the menu - lobster poutineSpecial Features:
- GreatPleasedDined on 9/27/2014Hi, We enjoyed our evening at Baton Rouge. I was able to make reservations and chose my preferred time. Loved the Spinach dip and liked the wine. My ribs were delicious and as always so tender. The servers both for drinks and our food are very professional. Although my husband's steak had to be returned as it wasn't well done, the taste was amazing. Our friends enjoyed their meal and had a great time as it was their first visit to Baton Rouge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The surf and turf was excellent!MarieMadDined on 9/27/2014Great evening. The food was excellent. I had the surf and turf... EXCELLENT. The lobster tail was perfect.Special Features:
- Never again!mmmfoodDined on 9/26/2014I feel so embarrassed for even suggesting this place for my FIL's birthday. Since this is a chain, when you get great service from one you expect it from all of them. This by far was absolutely horrible. It was a Friday night, yes we expect it to be busy and that's fine. You shouldn't feel neglected though. It was so loud we were screaming at each other. It took 30 mins before our orders were taken. We couldn't leave since FIL already started drinks. Our waitress and her shadow didn't come back once after to check in on us to update on status of our food. It took too long. MIL had to stop her to ask. Food was subpar with little flavour. Hubby never adds salt & pepper to his food. Some food was just room temp. Dessert was a joke! Bad 4 all!Special Features:
- LucyDined on 9/25/2014This is a great place for a business lunch. There is enough variety on the lunch menu to suit everyone. Best of all, you can carry on a conversation without the loud unpleasant music/noise of most other places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- group outtinggoldenDined on 9/24/2014We were all a little disappointed with the size of portion of the large ribs....it was so smallSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best ribs in town!PeterDined on 9/4/2014Our server was patient and courteous. He was very helpful and went out of his way to make our stay most enjoyable - and he succeeded! We will visit again when we are next in Thornhill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BigAppleDined on 8/31/2014Our server was very friendly. The food was pretty good and portions were generous.Special Features:
- Consistently goodHarvoDined on 8/17/2014We have eaten there many times and never disappointed. Food, service and attention to diners is always very good. Staff is polite and very well trained. The restaurant is run very smoothly and you always feel welcome. We have tried many items from the dinner menu, and always good. A very pleasant dining experience.Special Features:
- Great servicepatkgeVIPDined on 8/8/2014I was in Toronto from the states for jaguar car event. Made reservation because was in walking distance of my hotel. My waiter was fantastic extremely attentive and freindly. Food was good but service was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have to have the ribs....RegularGuyDined on 7/22/2014First time at the restaurant and it was fantastic in every aspect... nice ambiance, comfortable seating, friendly service, great food, and decent value for the dollar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always deliciousRPDEatsDined on 6/30/2014I’ve been to Baton Rouge near the Eaton Centre several times, and to Baton Rouge - Thornill several times. I don’t know how anyone enjoys going to the Eaton Cetre location; the food there is awful. And yet the Thornill location is consistently fantastic. Same recipes, different chefs? I can’t explain it. Their steaks and ribs are fantastic (they should bottle that BBQ sauce), very generous portions, and innovative specials (right now there is a lobster menu going on, with close to 20 different choices, if I remember correctly). Desserts are yummy and enough for sharing for 2+ people. You can splurge or just come for a juicy hamburger and perfectly-cooked sweet potato fries. They do everything well here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 199 reviews are from the Baton Rouge- Thornhill reviews archive.
- Great placeAM1234Dined on 6/21/2014The appetizers are amazing, specially the spinach dip and the seafood sampler. The Ribs were delicious. We were in a group of 9 and we were seated at a round table that made it easy for everyone to talk and see everyone. Our waiter was great and the food came pretty fast, even though it was a Saturday evening and the place was quite full.Special Features:
- Too many missed moments of truthPumpkinEaterDined on 6/15/2014We like BR because of the ribs and tuna steaks but for the prices they charge the service should be excellent not sporadic. Little things mount up. You ask for some of the toppings on the side on your salad and they forget. You ask for extra napkins and it takes the third person to deliver. I ordered a Bombay Saphire Martini, waitress didn't know what that was. I got exposed to Capital Grill in the US for a few dollars more their service is impeccable .I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/19/2014We went there for a birthday celebration and made a note of this when making the reservation. It was a quiet Monday night with about half the restaurant full. We got a nice table but waited a while for the server to show up and take our orders. The appetizer came quickly but no one took away the empty dish after we had finished it. 20 minutes later, the entrees showed up but one of them was overcooked. My friend ordered a medium rare steak but it was medium well. The server was made aware of this issue and brought out a freshly made one 20 minutes later. After dinner, there was no special effort made (or even attempted) for a birthday celebration even though I told the server it was my friend's birthday. Then the bill came and it wa wrong.Special Features:
- Delicious food at reasonable priceMinionLOLDined on 5/11/2014We all enjoyed the food at the restaurant. The foods were served hot and fresh. Kid love the kid meals.Special Features:
- bus lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/2/2014Good spot for business lunch. Great service good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm a regularNadg89VIPDined on 4/26/2014My family and I have found out about Baton Rouge about 4 years ago and have been going for events ever since. From Birthdays to hosting people from out of town to not wanting to make dinner ourselves. We have made Baton Rouge Thornhill our second home. The ribs are a must as well as any other steak dishes. The staff is polite and always on point. We have come to know the general manager at this location as well as some of his prime staff. Food is always great and I would recommend for first dates as the ambiance is lively but romantic. We hosted some family from New York and approximately 30 of us were accommodated without being split up. The New Yorkers still rave about the ribs,lobster and lychee martinis. They can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 14 Oz Prime Rib Aus Jus - Yummy!NormanDined on 4/12/2014If you ask for medium rare it comes mostly medium rare with some rare bits. If you don't like the "bloody" bits, order medium (at least in this restaurant; in most, medium is overdone). The peppercorn sauce is very nice - not too salty.Special Features:
- Awesome!YummyDined on 4/12/2014Excellent food!! Ribs were the best I have had anywhere. Servers very attentive, and efficient. Will definitely be back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always predictable. Good choice,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/30/2014Always predictable. Good choice, good food and good service.Special Features:
- food was good but very busydaveDined on 3/29/2014Was very hard to flag down a waiter. Good food, glad we used open table as it guaranteed us a spotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice evening outRibloverDined on 3/28/2014Baton Rouge is always a go-to spot for dinner with the kids. It's a bit loud, which helps when the kids get restless because they can't be heard lol. The food is good. Honestly a bit pricey for the quality but once in a while it's ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a "Baton Rouge" standardOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 3/22/2014First, we arrived 15 mins before our reservation & still had to wait an hour for our table, the other walk-ins got seated before us. Another group of people (with the same reservation time & people arrived later than us) also had to wait but in the end got a table before we did. The Manager attempted service recovery by offering complimentary appetizers, but this isn't enough... The potato soup had the consistency of a paste. The server kept asking the guests what they ordered when they deliver the dishes, you should have marked them down when you took the order. Last but not least, some of us had to pack the leftovers & they mixed the containers up. I don't want my friend's leftover, I want mine! Not up to Baton Rouge standard!
- DisappointingElteeDined on 3/2/2014We had never been to Baton Rouge before but wanted to try it out on Sunday night. We were disappointed. Despite the fact that the restaurant was not busy (judging by the empty tables), service was incredibly slow. When the food finally arrived, 2 of the 4 meals were over-cooked and had to be redone. 2 of us were finished our meals by the time that the replacement meals arrived for the other 2. No one really seemed to care.
- Baton Rouge always maintainOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014Baton Rouge always maintain the professional standard. Excellent food. This visit was for the Valentines' Day dinner. Their Special Menu was excellent and reasonable pricing.Special Features:
- DisappointingLambchopDined on 2/12/2014I read reviews prior to dining. A lot of what other reviewers wrote was very true. The decor was really nice and comforting. The food was incredibly disappointing. We ordered the seafood appetizer platter for 1-3 people. It was oily but tasty. We also ordered prime rib & a trio of ribs, chicken and shrimp. I realized the smokey flavour of BBQ sauce is not my thing. I could not eat it and ended up ordering another dish. The prime rib was very tender but it was COVERED in SILVER SKIN and fat! Gross! I then ordered seafood pasta with shrimp in a rose sauce. It was too salty & I couldn't eat it. Dinner for two ended up costing $177 (with tip). Will not return. Too expensive for yucky food.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/9/2014Excellent food and service. Would definitely recommend Baton Rouge Thornhill.Special Features:
- Actually, we been visitedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/7/2014Actually, we been visited this restaurant in a few times. In a past, the taste of food was good. Service was good. Execpted this time! Not just me feel a bit of disappointed. My boy friend and i are always odered as same dishes.Therefore, we know how is the chef cook.. He ordered a prime steak with chips. I ordered the pork ribs with chips. His steak was chew like bubble gam. Mine was too much bbq sauce and the chips was super salty. The service..... i dont even like to mention. The waiter himself need to get a better training. By the way, ‘ haven't mention about the "open table". I like the idea to make a table reservation.Special Features:
- Great birthday lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/26/2014The birthday girl craved steak and shrimp. Baton Rouge serves both and they were cooked to perfection. Our server was very attentive and helpful. The birthday girl was thrilled, and a good time was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs some updatingMollyDined on 1/22/2014The chairs at our table were old and the paint had been worn off years ago. The glass in the front door area was covered in grey duct tape and looked real bad. Makes the restaurant look old and in need of some work to make it comparable to some of the similar type restaurants it the area. The food was excellent so it makes up for the odd vibe you get from the entrance and table settings. Have been going here for years and food has always been consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food for the priceDoubleODoubleDined on 1/18/2014We ordered two steaks. The quality of the meat was very good for this price. Taste was good, just a little bit on the salty side for my taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - Great Service!patrickDined on 12/31/2013Although we did not get the table at the time we booked it for, the host and waiter were very apologetic and even gave us a free appetizer for the inconvenience. Overall - great expereince!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisfied CustomerNormanDined on 12/26/2013We really enjoy the food and service here. I appreciate the excellent value for my money - excellent food, reasonable price.Special Features:
- Always goodVinnyDined on 12/19/2013For years I have gone to this locations and it has always been good. I have been to others that were not as good Baton Rouge, Mississauga Heartland, guess that is why it is closed.......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Good CompanyPoohbearDined on 12/18/2013We really enjoyed our time there, the food came really fast after we put in our order and it tastes great! Their sweet potato fries is definitely a must order. The only thing is our waitress takes a very long time to refill our drinks...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SweetOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/14/2013This place was pretty sweet, food was also sweet, the leafs beat the hawks seven to three which was totally sweetI would recommend this to a friend.
- Our server was outstandingThanksDined on 12/7/2013Keith was the best server that we have ever had at Baton Roug and probably anywhere. He was very attentive throughout the evening and he refilled my hot water automatically just like soft drinks were refilled in a timely manner. We did not have to ask. He treated us like we were special guests in every aspect. The food was fresh, served the way people requested and was served in good time. The main course arrived appropriately after the last person finished the salad. No overlapping. Perhaps the ribs could have been warmer. There were lots of people in the restaurant yet we felt that we had the privacy that we like during our dinner with our friends. When we arrived we asked to change tables because we noticed that it was drafty and we did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place in the neighbourhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/29/2013We keep coming back to this location primarily in December, because of all the decorations and the ambiance. We find this location has above average food and a very friendly staff. It's always a great experience, definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.