Baton Rouge - St-Sauveur
120, ch. du lac Millette
Saint-Sauveur, QC J0R1R3Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$30 and under
Baton Rouge - St-Sauveur
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.batonrougerestaurants.com/
- Phone: 4502278878
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM;
Dinner: Sunday -Thursday: 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM, Friday - Saturday: 4:00 PM - 12:00 AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Band every Monday and Thursdays
A word from Baton Rouge - St-Sauveur
Famous fall off the bone BBQ back ribs, succulent steaks, seafood and burgers cooked over the grill to perfection; Sumptuous crispy salads and delicious pasta's. All of this in a restaurant with a comfortable ambiance and a recognized service. Come and enjoy our terrace with the best view in all of Saint-Sauveur.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Baton Rouge - St-Sauveur - Best Restaurants in Saint-Sauveur ›
Baton Rouge - St-Sauveur reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (6)special occasion (5)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (3)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)fit for foodies (2)romantic (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Typical Baton RougeCanadiansueDined on 9/26/2014We have never been disappointed choosing Baton Rouge. We usually stick to their specialty....Ribs.....which were delicious! Great service, friendly, helpful staff...happy ambience.Special Features:
- Baton Rouge SauveurCDNFIRSTDined on 9/14/2014We had a great meal to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The service was friendly and efficient. Service in both languages offered with a smile. The food was great and well presented. Only minor negative: Our table was too close to a noisy kitchen.Special Features:
- ndesrosiersDined on 8/22/2014The ambiance in the resto is great. The meals were succulents. The lobsters were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 54 reviews are from the Baton Rouge - St-Sauveur reviews archive.
- The Best in sauveurBegclDined on 3/23/2014Excellent service Ribs were perfectly grilles Senic vieux is wonderfullSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My boyfriend and I had a cravingClaritinDined on 3/8/2014My boyfriend and I had a craving for the cream of potatoes. Therefore we both order one as an appetizer, The bowls were barely half-full, for 7 $ each, the few bites we got were really expensive. Our meals looked ordinary, my boyfriend chose the mashed potatoes with his ribs, on the plate was the rack of ribs and a ball of potatoes, you could clearly notice that there was no attention to the presentation whatsoever. My children each took the kids menu and ordered the ribs. My daughters' looked pitiful. The total bill for two adults and two children was 140 $. We came out clearly disappointed and don't think we will ever go again. Unfortunately, because Le Bâton Rouge was usually one of our favorites... no more ! ;0(
- Belle placeJSauvDined on 3/7/2014Le restaurant est très bien situé. Le service était impeccable et très apprécié; bravo. Le serveur était très poli et très à l'écoute de nos besoins. Nous avons apprécié le fait de pouvoir avoir une table immédiatement (nous avions réservé) malgré l'achalandage important. Les côtes levées étaient un peu trop cuites. Le café latte (decaf) n'était pas assez corsé; le goût faible. Pour le prix demandé, nous nous attendions à meilleur.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't expect haute cuisine...PhilsarDined on 3/1/2014It's only Baton Rouge afterall. Honest food, especaily with the new menu. Portions are still too large. We go once a year.......
- Watch your steaks..mr2gr84foodDined on 12/7/2013I have liked my evening at this restaurant but I order a medium-rare filet mignon and I was served one that's in between medium-rare and medium which was quickly taken back by the waiter. The problem is when they came back with a more reddish medium-rare filet mignon, I had the impression the meat was cooked from a frozen piece of meat since the interior was a solid red with not one once of blood (as if it was dried out!) I did say I would recommend this restaurant but I would not recommend eating a filet mignon there, this experience makes me wonder about their steaks too. My girlfriend had ribs though and they were really tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible!capitaineDined on 11/6/2013The food, the service and the ambiance were all perfect! I had a good time with my wife and we will surely return to this restaurant in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- J`ai bien aimé le menu varié,like1234batonrougeDined on 9/28/2013J`ai bien aimé le menu varié, le serveur David très serviable, il est venu plusueurs fois s`informé pour des choses qui pourraient nous manquer et la cuisson de mon filet-mignon excellente. Même la facture qui était equitable. Bravo aaussi a l`accueil qui m`a bien procurée une table et non une banquette.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuprisedSuprisedDined on 8/11/2013The first time ive been was an amazing time , amazing service , amazing food , amazing view on the terrase ... This time not so sure the waiter was too distracted never got my entree after an hr of ordering got our plates he had forgoten the extra chicken tenders .. My ribs were overcooked and fries cold !! I had to ask for a free dessert cuz the waiter didn't seem to concern!! I was realy suprised. Im going to go back and try it again the place itself is nice and well situated I loved it the first time. I will go back! Hopfully will have a better service and quality !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunately, we had to waitchristianeDined on 6/29/2013Unfortunately, we had to wait for one hour before the meal was served. The fries were cold and so were the chicken fingers. The satff was doing their best , with a smile, tring to be at sereval places at the same time. They replace our fries shorltly with hot and new ones, and it was very appreciated. Oher wise, the ribs were very good and the shrimps cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Nous avons très bien mangéfanfanDined on 6/16/2013Nous avons très bien mangé et le serveur fut très agréable et gentil.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentJamesDined on 6/10/2013I took my wife to Le Baton Rouge in St. Sauveur for an anniversary celebration. We came away disappointed. I won't write a detailed description of the menu or what we ordered -- but the food was mediocre and very poorly presented. Service was slow. Were it not for the entertainment of a good jazz duo, the evening would have been a total bust. St. Sauveur is full of nice little restaurants. We'll choose more carefully next time.
- Very Friendly!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/26/2013A group of friends were from out of town & got lost on our way to the restaurant ... the restaurant staff was VERY helpful & friendly over the phone and upon arrival. Also, the food & our server was great.. Thank You :)Special Features:
- Communicate in french woodVizzDined on 5/9/2013Communicate in french wood better for me. I expect a surprise for anniversary like a piece of your favorite lime pie. In all it was good. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La femme nous poussait pourOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/4/2013La femme nous poussait pour qu'on mange vite on es arrive à 22 h avec réservation et la nourriture était fait n'importe comment pas de fromage bacon crème sur en quantité habituelle dans la patate et servi très tiède normalement c'est un délice la c'était assez ordinaire et on a pas trop aime l'air bête de la serveuseSpecial Features:
- Our family, along with twoOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013Our family, along with two others, come to this Village every year for this weekend and we always make a reservvation at your Restaraunt, the food is always excellent and the service is great. There is usually around 14 - 16 of us, and you can cater perfectly to our large crowd, the kids and adults love the food. We have been doing this for at least 10 years and plan to carry on this tradition!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great staff, and great food!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- we had a reservation and evenOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013we had a reservation and even if there was people waiting to be seated, we had a place rightaway.....thanks for making our valentine day something special.Special Features:
- St-Sauveur's best.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2013Very impressed with service efficiency, food freshness, dynamic staff. In short a well run restaurant, impressive first visit and on we have already recommended to family and friends. We'll be back.Special Features:
- It was a very good experience.RakotobeDined on 1/25/2013It was a very good experience. I requested a table with a view Of the ski hill,and they accomodated us.Special Features:
- mon repAS ÉTAIT TROP ÉPICÉ,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/12/2013mon repAS ÉTAIT TROP ÉPICÉ, JE NE L'AI PAS MANGÉ DU TOUTSpecial Features:
- been going new years forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012been going new years for 4 years this time the music was not hot tank god i was not going for the dancing this years . for 3 years same table what a coincidence love it .the view ,the courtoisySpecial Features:
- No wait reservation. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/29/2012No wait reservation. Service was excellent, food was hot and as expected for this caliber of restaurant.Special Features:
- Le serveur était disponible,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/30/2012Le serveur était disponible, belle présentation, très belle personnalité, jovial,poli. Ma suggérer un bon vin avec les repas. Nous étions une table de dix. C'est la cinquième fois que je fête quelqu'un chez.Special Features:
- this wasn't my first timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012this wasn't my first time at le baton rouge, but it was the first with a group. The only thing that i didn't like was that they told us right from the beggining that we only had two hours to eat. we felt like we were pressured. If we make a reservation you should make sure that we don't feel like we have to eat and run.Special Features:
- Great round table for 10.....waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2012Great round table for 10.....waiter was attentive and very informative....food was brought out in a reasonable time (and was hot)....very good.Special Features:
- We had a great time. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/2/2012We had a great time. The food was excellent and our waiter made the experience wonderful. Thanks for the great evening. We will certainly go back again.Special Features:
- Very nice evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2012The girl that serve us was very nice, always smiling,take the time to listen everybody. Very good value for your restaurantSpecial Features:
- Not the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2012The resto is very nicely decorated, but the food and service was sub-par. I've been to other Baton Rouge's in Montreal, I have been very satisfied with them all, except the one in Sauveur.The service was long. I ordered a half pitcher of sangaria which arrived 30 mins later. The food wasn't any better, we waited about 1 hour before our food arrived, when it did, it was cold. Not what you expect when you're paying about $100 a couple. We did however get a visit from the owner of the resto, and he gave us a round of free digestives, coffee and dessert. It was very nice of them to offer some sort of compensation, but in the end, I won't be going back nor recommending it to friends or fanily.
- Service très lent (manqueOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/24/2012Service très lent (manque de personnel?) = 1 heure avant de recevoir ce qu'on avait commandé, serveur peu disponible pour la commande de d'autres "drinks", facture, etc.
- Took over 40 minutes gettingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/13/2012Took over 40 minutes getting our drinks on the table on a Friday evening (part of 3). We had to catch the waiter's attention by either waiving or dropping something on the floor, otherwise they were completely ignorning our table. Then, only one drink was served, and we had to wait an exra 10 minutes for our two margaritas, which one was supposed to be served virgin, and had alcohol in it. We had to return it and wait again. Our meal came in while we weren't finished our appetizers. I had requested upfront for 2 bills which was acknowledged by our initial waiter, but then we only got one bill. The waitress clearly didn't feel like going back to cash register to split it, so she was just waiting for us to decide who was picking up the bill.
- Madeleine Saumur and Bob FisherOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/24/2012We were very impressed with the service and punctual of asssigning the table in an area that we had requested on line. We will from now on use the internet to book our reservations.Special Features:
- I tried the mississipi ribsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/17/2012I tried the mississipi ribs and the waiter didn't tell me that they would be beef ribs, I was disappointed when the plate arrived. their's nothing like the baby back pork ribs. I will not recommend the beef ribs. Also the lobster appetizer was not good, the lobster was over cooked and the guacamole was not tasty at all, the chef should add a little lemon juice and salt, and some heat would of been welcomed.Special Features:
- waiter forgot entries thatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/6/2012waiter forgot entries that came after the main dish, there were too many people at once to be served according to our expectations. It took so long to get the dessert list that we asked fot the bill instead.The fish was fabulous, right portion and vegetable cooked to the perfectionSpecial Features:
- Le service est excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/18/2012Le service est excellent, mais il y avait encore une erreur sur ma facture, un verre de vin en trop (13$). Cela a vite été corrigée.Special Features:
- We went several times to thisOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/18/2012We went several times to this place, but on Fridays, when it's half full. This Saturday, it was complete, and service was not the problem. The kitchen was. My tuna steak was not cooked as asked, far from it. My extra shrimp brochette was cold, and the garlic butter was only butter, no garlic, no lemon, no parsley, and cold. My ceasar salad was composed only of bottoms of leaves, and they forgot all (7) of our grated bread going with it. When it finally came, only one out of seven had cheese on it. We had invited someone for her birthday, but we are not going to do this again. For a place of this standing and prices, it's a pity they did not do anything to correct or compensate.Special Features:
- I made a reservation for 13OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/4/2012I made a reservation for 13 peoples and we had to wait 45 minutes before having our table. We had to wait like we didn't have one. We had five kids with us and they couldn't wait at the bar. They had to wait in the entrance. When we had our table, the manager gave us two apetizers for the waiting. For lunch, one of my friend received a burned rib. The cook came and gave another one in only some minutes. Everyone was deceived of their evening's.Special Features:
- Part of a chain with reasonablyRhldvmDined on 1/28/2012Part of a chain with reasonably good food at fair prices. Although restaurant was very busy (Saturday night in a resort town) they took an Open Table reservation and we were seated immediately on arriving. Other groups who had reservations were waiting in the lobby. Service was extermely slow. Waited 20 minutes to be served a beer after placing my order and had to remind 3 waiters and the manager that I was waiting for my drink. Food was good as usual. Except for the quality of the service experience was as expected.
- After eating ribs all overOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/6/2012After eating ribs all over North America, the ribs at Baton Rouge are really unbeatable. Their fries are also great. A bit pricey, but its easy to share since most dishes are huge. Great view of the slopes at St-Sauveur ski resort.Special Features: