Baton Rouge Restaurant -Scarborough
520 Progress Avenue
Scarborough, ON M1P 2K2Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
Baton Rouge Restaurant -Scarborough
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.batonrougerestaurants.com/
- Phone: 4162962222x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse, Canadian
- Executive Chef: Matthew Bogue
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
A word from Baton Rouge Restaurant -Scarborough
Bâton Rouge is always a satisfying experience, from our great food to our relaxing atmosphere. Whether you’re enjoying an intimate dinner for two meeting up with friends or coming together as a family, Bâton Rouge promises perfection in both the restaurant experience and your dining pleasure. Our signature, fall of the bone ribs are rivaled only by our tender AAA Sterling Silver cuts of beef. Enjoy fresh fish or perfectly aged steak cooked over a real wood fire. Our diverse menu offers crisp salads, delicious starters and sweet desserts. Our meals are prepared with fresh, quality ingredients sure to satisfy your appetite.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Baton Rouge Restaurant -Scarborough reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (12)special occasion (9)great for lunch (7)neighborhood gem (7)romantic (7)fit for foodies (5)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Food is good. Service is good.TryNewStuffDined on 7/21/2014Overall, the food is good. Only the chicken is a bit dry, not so juicy.Special Features:
- surprisekrys4dineDined on 7/11/2014We came for Friday dinner. No one else(guests) was in this room for the entire time we spent there. Kind of surprise. Service was good except wine glasses were not dried completely, still some water at the bottom. Food was getting cold very quickly, served on cool plates. Generally slightly disappointed, it was a special occasion for us.Special Features:
- FoodieDined on 6/24/2014We were celebrating our daughter's 25th birthday and we all really enjoyed our meal which was delicious and presentation was great. Our server was friendly and respectful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was ok...MikeVIPDined on 6/23/2014Been to other ones. This was ok.... Food was ok. Ambiance was ok Noise was a touch loud for number of people...
- RecommendedMarkDaswaniDined on 6/19/2014It was a lovely experience from the start to finish. Great place for special octagons and a date with your special someone or a place to just hangout with friends. Nice ambiance, great service, lovely food. I went for lunch on our wedding anniversary along with my 11 week baby. There was enough space for the stroller and for us. Everything was good. To top it off, when i received the bill, they had discounted the desert off the bill as they heard that it was our wedding anniversary! that was really sweet of them.Special Features:
- Not the Scott HousemomoftwinsDined on 6/15/2014I brought my family to the restaurant for Father's Day. The waiter was not pleasant, during our 2 hours at the restaurant he attended to our table only 4 times. My Dad did love his steak, the portion was large and the baked potato was enormous. I was disappointed by the dinner vegetarian selection which was only a veggie burger for $16.00, all salads were extra and dinner rolls were not offered. I travel all over and a 4 star restaurant should have servers refilling glasses when they are half full, checking on you, dinner should include some type of bread and all meals should have some type of vegetable included.Special Features:
- Needs HelpHeffeyDined on 6/14/2014The grounds and parking lot are horribly neglected. I worry that this lack of care for the outside may be mirrored on the inside. I had a drink at the bar and the glass smelled like a mildewy dish cloth. the next drink was fine and my meal was good. The service staff was helpful and friendly.
- Good foodFoodiegoodieDined on 6/13/2014The service was impeccable and I absolutely love the food. They're a good portion tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the ribsFood77VIPDined on 5/31/2014Booked a last minute table at this location as they don't have the long wait times. Got there a bit early, seated right away. Stuck with my usuals, spinach dip, ribs with coleslaw and fries. Overall, very good. Nothing new to say as Baton Rouge is very consistent with their food. Also tried the lobster poutine. Wasn't the greatest, didn't look like they took a lot of effort in putting it together. At any rate, servers were nice and food came out in a timely fashion. Overall, very good.Special Features:
- Good dinnerFood77VIPDined on 5/24/2014Went for dinner on a saturday night. My first time at this location and to my surprise, this location wasnt busy at all. Other locations are usually at least a 45 min wait with reservations. Servers were pleasant and attentive. Food was good. I find the ribs at the Thornhill location to be the best out of all them (just my humble opinion). Not that they were bad here. Still very much that fall off the bone experience. Nothing really new to say that I haven't experienced before. I'll go back, just because I don't have to wait in line. The food isn't that much better at other locations to warrant a 45 min - 1hr wait with reservations. It seems the decor has been changed a lot since it was The Old Scot House.Special Features:
- Ribs Mmmmm!KaylaDined on 5/11/2014Lunch was really good! I am never disappointed when I visit this restaurant. Ribs always juicy and melt off the bone. Service was attentive too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Mother's Day great choice, wonderful atmosphere. Known for their "fall off the bone ribs" and it is true they were fantastic-tender and flavouful. Restaurant had created a special Mother's Day menu with lots of choices. Staff very attentive and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 32 reviews are from the Baton Rouge Restaurant -Scarborough reviews archive.
- Very DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2014I frequent the Whitby Baton Rouge as my family and I absolutely love that location. The staff and food are excellent! We thought we would take my extended family for a treat and we took them to dinner at the Scarborough location. WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT! The server was not knowledgeable in regards to the menu, my brother was not happy with the steak, and my fish was still raw in the centre. I was left feeling like I had misled my family in my high opinion of Baton Rouge. I will not be going back to the Scarborough location in the future.
- Great time with Friends and FamilyChampagneTastesDined on 3/28/2014My friends asked us to go to Baton Rouge for dinner. I was concerned because I had not been there with my kids before, but it turned out really great. Their kids menu was perfect for my kids and our waitress was great with them. She was respectful and patient. My friends and I also enjoyed our meals which were cooked perfectly. Also, the waitress heard that we were celebrating my birthday and without even being asked she brought me a delicious piece of cheese cake at the end of our meal. We had a great night and are looking forward to going back.Special Features:
- I love the relaxed feel makesgreat1stexperienceDined on 3/26/2014I love the relaxed feel makes you feel at home and at ease. I definitely will return to try more dishes. My husband thinks the soup was amazing and I enjoyed my salad. We both loved and enjoyed our main course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all aroundShauniechuloDined on 3/22/2014Celebrated a friend's birthday here and it was the perfect setting. The distance was perfect for the Scarborough area, the drink menu was exactly what we were hoping for (we had a Martini night :) ), and the servers were extremely pleasant. The food was exceptional with some great choices of appetizers. I highly recommend the Beef Tartare as an appetizer - it was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic mealMariaDined on 3/15/2014We had ahi tuna salad, top sirloin salad Rack of ribs with fries and bottle of wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usual the ribs here areOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2014As usual the ribs here are great, I tried the steak and it to was very tasty and tender.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday Surprise DinnerMaverickDined on 3/14/2014Our eldest son recommended Baton Rouge after his experiences eating at a downtown restaurant. The dining room finishes reminded me of my parents dining room when I was a young man. I appreciate great natural wood finishes on the floors, walls and ceilings making for a comfortable dining experience. Very courteous staff, quality and quantity of food very good and close to home so we are looking forward to our next dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get what u pay forJackstarDined on 3/9/2014I've dined in similar restaurants and your menu is grossly over priced and I'm referring to what your getting g for the price. I don't mind paying a bit more for my steaks but it should be worth it. It was entirely too all and tasteless. The only pleasant experience was our waiter. The ambiance seems to be more suited to dates and not family meals.Special Features:
- It was.... okMikeVIPDined on 2/26/2014OK is about all i can give. Wait staff are ok. Food was ...ok. They sat all patrons in the same section vs spreading them out JUST A LITTLE BIT - literally table beside table. It is a huge place and having people every few tables would have been nice.
- Best Baton Rouge!MM123VIPDined on 2/22/2014Friendly Service, Great food and even better owner. Best Baton Rouge I have ever eaten at!!! I travel across the city specially to this location!Special Features:
- Great for a groupMissyDined on 2/22/2014Very intimate setting, with low levels of noise. The food was good, but the service was amazing. The waitresses were attentive and courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- $$$ does not = qualitychubbz227Dined on 2/21/2014We chosed this restaurant to celebrate my husband's birthday and it is as disappointing with the food as the one in Richmond Hill which I celebrated my birthday last September! I ordered 10 oz prime ribs and the meat is chewy and its overdone according to the medium rare that I ordered. My husband order is the chicken breat and ribs combo, the chicken is so tough and dry that ts hard to chew and the ribs are BURNT. My daughter order the seafood linguine with a side order of mashed potato. The mahed potatoe definitely does not worth the extra $5 that I paid for as it is very, very dry! The pasta is tastelly and the Rose sauce taste just like dilute ketchup. Never will I ever try anothe Baton Rouge again,WASTE OF TIME & MONEY :(
- Great food, severs disorganizedCorradoDined on 2/15/2014The food was excellent but the night we went on seemed like all the servers were confused in which food went to what tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed and will not returnmissMcKesVIPDined on 2/15/2014My husband and I went for a valentine's day dinner. The restaurant was very busy - thank goodness for my opentable reso! Our server was friendly and attentive - no complaints there. The food itself, however, was a different story. The fried calamari appetizer was okay at best, and seemed almost mushy, but portion size was good. For our main, my husband had the ribs, which came out charred, if not largely burnt. I had the steak salad. The steak was dry, lacked flavour, & was overall very disappointing. There was nothing special about any part of our dinner; we felt like we just wasted 100 bucks. I used to like Baton Rouge, but after our experience on Saturday, I will chose to dine elsewhere.
- First and last visitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2014Disappointing experience from start to finish. Waited 15+ minutes to be seated despite having reservation. Kids served apple juice that had gone bad - twice. Had to repeatedly ask for water. Over 45 minutes to be served. No soap in washrooms. Kids had pasta that they barely touched after a few bites - very dry, tasteless. Had burger and rest of our party had steak. No complaints on either. When ready to leave, was brought the bill and told to meet waiter at the bar to pay - even though they had portable credit/debit machines. Was quickly obvious that they were poorly/under-staffed. Definitely not worth the cost. Unfortunate - had really hoped it would become another east-end dining option for us.
- Overall ReviewCleeDined on 2/15/2014The atmosphere of the restaurant was enjoyable. I liked the rustic look of the dining room. My server was very unattentive. Thank goodness for the other servers around us, as we had to ask them for several things since our server was very hard to find. He walked past our table several times throughout our meal and only checked in on us once at the beginning. The food itself was very good, but the presentation of the plate could have been better. However, I would still come back to Baton Rouge as long as I had a different server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top sirloin steak & fried calamariMaryDined on 2/14/2014I ordered the grilled calamari and the steak with vegetables and mashed potatoes with bacon. I was not a fan of the grilled calamari because the serving was very small. The fried calamari looked worth the price. My medium-rare steak was perfect. However, my masked potatoes did not taste fresh and was a little bit runny. My vegetables were also slightly undercooked.Special Features:
- Don't eat hereFG1000Dined on 2/14/2014I've been to other Baton Rouge restaurants within the last few months and this location ranks at the bottom of the barrell (and I'm bein generous). Not sure how they are still operating especially under this name (perhaps they are still operating BECAUSE of the name) but that's about it. From the hostess to the waiter to the food, this location needs some serious help. Not much you can do about the "ambience" as that was the designer who created it; however, everything else can be fixed but will it? Hostess barely looked at us, no smiles, not welcoming at all. Being my first time here it was not what I was accustomed to from other locations. Food didn't even come close to other locations. Perhaps a managerial and chef issue.
- ExcellentGordDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I have been to the restaurant several times and definitely will return. The food is fesh and well prepared. The service is wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not greatjackDined on 2/12/2014Menu in restaurant not the same as menu online Restaurant just about empty and service was slow No bread or buns available Had to ask for water Price of Sea food Linguini $24.00 very high for what we got - mostly just pasta Ribs and chicken got mashed potatoes for side -was told there was bacon and garlic - no sign or taste of bacon Did not offer desert menu Had to ask for tea - waiter did not offer Would not come back and would not recommend to anyone
- Parents AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/7/2013Brought our parents and son with us for dinner. Service was good, food was good. Would come back again. Found the potatoe soup a little to thick and a little cool my mom had the same as me and also found the same with the soup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- better trainingCouponloverDined on 7/26/2013Good noise level. I was able to converse without having to raise my volume. Rib steak was perfect and tender. Prime rib had too much fat. Lost 20% to fat portion. Server couldn't remember what we ordered and he forgot side dressing and sauces. Need to train server to have better memory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet meal at Baton Rouge, STCEnjoyMyFoodDined on 7/13/2013The restaurant was not busy at all and therefore quite quiet. Our waitress said this is normal in the summer. The mixed green salad was very fresh and the chicken tortilla soup was good. The top sirloin steak was tasty but the New York strip loin was disappointing - tasteless. The ribs were, of course, quite good. The waitress was very attentive and extremely polite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server was AWFULMikeVIPDined on 5/2/2013Where to start.... Was delighted Baton had reopened. The food is quite good there. We arrived a couple minutes after our reservation (traffic was bad). We were greeted nicely and seated immediately. The place wasn't too busy. NINETEEN minutes later - 19 (!) - our server finally made it to our table. We were literally one minute from leaving. She blamed the host staff for not letting her know a new group arrived. We ordered a bottle of wine and a pop for the kid. We also ordered our meal. The pop showed up promptly. A couple minutes later - she let's us know the wine was sold out. ordered something else. Our food showed up - NO WINE Food was usual Baton. Running out of room - but this server was AWFUL. Don't know her name.
- No Chairs for you!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/6/2013Overall we had a very poor experience at the Scarborough location. I had reserved for a group of 14 people to celebrate a milestone birthday, this was the only location able to accomodate the numbers for the date we wanted. We ended up with 16 people (one couple brought their children) and we apologized for the mix-up and asked for two extra chairs. We were told no! A party of 30 left and no one else used their table, two tables emptied in our section and we rearranged the table to accomodate two more people and the manager came running into the room yelling at us that we can't do that, all tables were booked and he didn't have any extra chairs. The restaurant was not fully booked the rest of the evening, and there were plenty of chair
- A monthly visit to this location.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2013A monthly visit to this location. No big reason why I'd stop comingSpecial Features:
- The atmosphere was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2013The atmosphere was great! Very busy, but we were seated right away. Everyone was having a good time. The food was only ok though.Special Features:
- Very Slow ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2013Following up on our reservation from last Saturday, we were very disappoint with our experience at this location. This is the second time we have been there since it reopened and in both cases the service been extremely slow. Three or the four people in the party ordered a Mardi Gras 3 course special. The food was good, but it took almost one hour before it actually arrived. We had made our reservations at 6:15 expecting that we would have plenty of time to get to our local theatre show at 8pm. We did not order drinks so there was no real delay in the food order. We had mentioned this to our waitress in conversation when we ordered at we were heading to the theatre . At 7:25 we told here we would need our deserts and bill since we w