Baton Rouge- North York
5000 Yonge Street
North York, ON M2N 7E9Neighborhood:
Midtown / Uptown
AmericanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Baton Rouge- North York
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.batonrougerestaurants.com/
- Phone: 4162180094
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday & Monday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday & Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: North York Blvd
- Public Transit: Exit at North York Centre, walk south on the west side of Yonge. Baton Rouge is right after the lights.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Validated parking Monday-Friday After 5:00pm-Only Saturday-Sunday-All day Turn west on to North York Blvd. follow the blue parking sign, It's a pay and display lot. Deposit maximum fee of $6.00 at machine and select max time. Tear printout in half and bring the receipt portion up to the restaurant, present to your server, and the amount will be deducted off your bill.
A word from Baton Rouge- North York
Bâton Rouge is always a satisfying experience, from our great food to our relaxing atmosphere. Whether you’re enjoying an intimate dinner for two meeting up with friends or coming together as a family, Bâton Rouge promises perfection in both the restaurant experience and your dining pleasure. Our signature, fall of the bone ribs are rivaled only by our tender AAA Sterling Silver cuts of beef. Enjoy fresh fish or perfectly aged steak . Our diverse menu offers crisp salads, delicious starters and sweet desserts. Our meals are prepared with fresh, quality ingredients sure to satisfy your appetite.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Baton Rouge- North York reviews from OpenTable diners
- good pre-theatre dinnerhoneybeeVIPDined on 6/19/2013Went to the Baton Rouge near the Toronto Centre for the Performing Arts for a pre-theatre dinner. Great menu, with lots of lobster specials and fixed price options. Food and service were very good, with the exception of the tuna salad -- tuna was over-cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've dined at Baton Rouge'scarina2468Dined on 6/15/2013I've dined at Baton Rouge's across the city and they are a;; great. Baton Rouge is known for its ribs, while those are amazing the french fries are also exceptional. The servers are great and the furniture in the restaurant is truly well chosen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistent quality and valueandrewDined on 6/15/2013The steaks are consistently excellent and the location is very convenient as is the parking. I especially appreciated the ability to make a Saturday night reservation. I generally eat a steak or occasionally have the salmonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice dinner outamealoutDined on 6/14/2013Baton Rouge food quality did not let us down. Excellent ribs.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ribs onlyETorontoisVIPDined on 5/31/2013Luckily dad enjoyed his ribs. They were good. The pork and beans and coleslaw sides were also good. I made the mistake of ordering steak ... I requested the Filet, Pittsburgh-style. It arrived at the table not charred as promoted but slightly seared, and the centre was medium rare, not rare. Our server was nice, but did a poor job checking in on us and refreshing our water. Not having been to a Baton-Rouge location in a while, I forgot how few actual LA and Cajun food options (or even sides or steak toppings) there are available.
- Wonderful Mother's Day forCleoDined on 5/12/2013Wonderful Mother's Day for my mom! Best Restaurant ribs we've ever eaten and the Italian salad dressing is THE best I've EVER had. Dipping bread into that stuff is like transporting yourself to ancient Rome. Asked for the recipe and naturally was turned down with a shy giggle from the waitress. Highly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive Service, Very Good FoodDSBLondonDined on 5/12/2013All excellent, except the portions were over-sized. None of 5 adults could finish. Service? We were covered like a blanket.Special Features:
- Best ribs around!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2013Couldn't check off much of the above because I'm usually focused on one thing when I go to Baton Rouge - North York ... their ribs! Order the baby back ribs 10oz or 16oz with their always delicious and overflowing sides, and dive into your ribs that literally fall off the bone with the touch of your fork. Just amazing. Who cares whether it has a notable wine list or is romantic, etc. It's good for RIBS! Nuff said. P.S. the ambience is good too. :)Special Features:
- The service was very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/3/2013The service was very good and our waiter was excellent.Special Features:
- Food and Service was Fantastic.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013Food and Service was Fantastic. A bit quiet for a Saturday night, but then again, Hockey is back!
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/10/2013We went there to celebrate my son's birthday and it was a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Comfortable seating. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013Comfortable seating. Food was good. Good location with underground parking, a plus. Soft drinks was small in serving.Special Features:
- The food was good as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2013The food was good as usual at Baton Rouge. The server didn't seem like he wanted to be there and didn't want to serve us. It was noisy in there due to the television they had cranked up in volume.
- Great food. Server was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/11/2013Great food. Server was very friendly and attentive. Free underground parking.Special Features:
- Service was great! Food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/14/2012Service was great! Food was good, no complaints, very good portions, not skimpy at all!Special Features:
- Well Done! Recommend eatingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/5/2012Well Done! Recommend eating at Baton Rouge before taking in a show next door at City Center. We were seated, served and satisfied in a timely manner, and had time to stroll to the show! Thank you.Special Features:
- good service but average foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/4/2012great service but average food. we order ribs which is the store specialty item but more than half was burnt and very dry.
- A good meal overall.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/3/2012Had a 3-course meal (salad or soup, entree - ribs for me!, and dessert) for $25. It must have been some sort of weekday special (?). Good value for the $25. Nothing spectacular but a decent meal. The sweet potato fries were the highlight.Special Features:
- They could work on the presentationHETHOMPSONDined on 10/27/2012They could work on the presentation of their food. My son had a sirlon steak with sweet potatoe fries - two thirds of the plate was cover in the fries - half on them were left uneaten. He order his steak meduim rare and received rare. I had the Tuna Steak with garlic mashed potatoes.. Half the plate was the potatoes, the tuna was smoother in a ginger sauce which was the same colour as the potatoes - it did not look very appetitizing. Too many potatoes, too much sauce, no colour on the plate. I was only able to eat half. Friendly attentative staff. Locatin to the Theatre was great.
- The fries were WAY too salty.NtheFoodieDined on 10/24/2012The fries were WAY too salty. But otherwise, it was a good meal...Special Features:
- Ribs were just less than warmOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012Ribs were just less than warm and dry, not enough sauce. Obviously made a little to far in advance.Special Features:
- It was a very good businessOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/2/2012It was a very good business luncheon deal. Enjoyed it very much. We were perhaps lucky that it wasn't very busy as many downtown are on vacation. I would recommend it to others in our office looking for a spot for lunch.Special Features:
- I usually have the ribs atChrisHDined on 7/26/2012I usually have the ribs at Baton Rouge but I went with the special this time, filet mignon, and it was great. Cooked exactly as I asked (medium) and the side of mushrooms and baked potato were wonderful too. I will not hesitate to order steak here again.Special Features:
- The food was very good. ItOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2012The food was very good. It was a great experience to add to a wonderful day.The wait staff was excellentSpecial Features:
- It was perfect for a pre-showOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/17/2012It was perfect for a pre-show dinner and great that parking was included.
- We enjoyed the food and theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2012We enjoyed the food and the service was great. We loved its proximity to the North York centreSpecial Features:
- We used the Baton Rouge forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2012We used the Baton Rouge for a pre-show dinner. Service was prompt and courteous and the food was great - loved the ribs! Proximity to the theatre and the free parking with dinner made this a perfect location for us.
- our waitress let us down!DebsdiningVIPDined on 7/12/2012our waitress let us down! wine took FOREVER to show up. Bread took longer than FOREVER to show up. Meals were good. The bill took FOREVER to show up and finally the manager brought it after asking THREE waiters to as we were needing to go to the theatre!!
- Great if your'e going toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2012Great if your'e going to the theatre. Good idea to include the parking.Special Features:
- I had the Salmon with steamedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2012I had the Salmon with steamed veggies. But I got mostly broccoli with only a few pieces of carrots & cauliflower. Would have been nice to have more variety. I don't really like broccoli. My other dining companions had burgers/sandwiches & liked their meals.Special Features:
- A pretty good spot but serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/15/2012A pretty good spot but service is lacking in large part because the wait staff is organized by food item instead of by table. When your appetizer arrives before your cocktail, something is amiss.
- We enjoyed the dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/14/2012We enjoyed the dining experience very much. Food was good, service was great, background music was not so loud that you couldn't easily converse, but loud enough to affect your mood. All around great experience.Special Features:
- Have been to this locationOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/21/2012Have been to this location before and have been very satisfied. This time, my experience was very poor. My fiancée and I ordered drinks. I asked for a Heineken, my fiancée asked for a glass of water. Soon after she changed her mind, and asked for a Rickards white... The Rickards never showed up... at all. We asked twice! For our meals, she chose the Fillet Mignon (ordered medium) with Seasonal Veggies, and I had the New York Striploin (ordered medium-rare) with garlic mash. Both steaks were completely undercooked.. mine was less than rare (how is that possible?) and hers came rare. My fiancée did not receive veggies as ordered. Both were meals were sent back. When they returned, my potatoes were cold, albeit, our steaks were better.
- The food and service was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2012The food and service was very good, enjoyed our dinner very much
- Great service from our waiters,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/6/2012Great service from our waiters, but the hostess at the front was a bit rude when I asked her about parking validation.
- Nice restaurant,convenient locationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/6/2012Our experience at Baton Rouge North York was pleasant. The service was swift and friendly. The price was fair considering the location.Special Features:
- The service was very pleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/17/2012The service was very pleasant and the waiter accommodated our special requests with ease and a smile on his face. The food was delicious.Special Features:
- i asked for something a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/18/2012i asked for something a little more private away from being to loud was trying to do something nice for my girlfriend. we were stuck right in a through way traffic booth next to a family with a screaming kid so that was awful
- great food , great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/18/2012great food , great service and a wonderful atmosphere..need we say more Will visit againSpecial Features:
- Ribs!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/17/2012Always dependable food and service, although I ribs trump all else on the menu!