Baton Rouge - Halifax
Halifax, NS B3J1W5Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Baton Rouge - Halifax
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.batonrougerestaurants.com/home.html
- Phone: 9024070007x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Prime Rib
- Executive Chef: Gaetan Charest
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For groups of 40 or more, enjoy your own dining room on the mezzanine floor surrounded by exposed beams, stone walls and historic photos of downtown Halifax.
- Private Party Contact: General Manager 9024070007x
- Special Events: Sunday night is Prime Rib night! $25 for a 3 course meal with your choice of starter soup or salad, 10 oz Prime Rib with your choice of side and a delectable dessert! Starts every Sunday at 4 pm!
A word from Baton Rouge - Halifax
Located in the historic Morse’s Tea Building, our menu features many tempting choices to whet your appetite. The highlight is our famous BBQ baby back ribs, slow-cooked to fall-off-the-bone perfection and basted with our signature BBQ sauce. We also offer tender AAA steaks grilled to perfection, sumptuous seafood, crisp salads, exquisite appetizers and, of course, decadent desserts to round off your meal. With generous portions, prepared fresh from scratch and beautifully presented at your table, there's so much to please your palate.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Baton Rouge - Halifax reviews from OpenTable diners
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014Great food, friendly staff. Good location in heart of downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Business LunchwaterviewDined on 4/10/2014The restaurant was not busy when we arrived, so may have contributed to the attentive and personal service provided by the staff. the round booth we were offered was perfect for facilitating our discussions. The pasta special was excellent and lunch was wrapped up in plenty of time for us to make our next appointment. The server showed a good knowledge of the wines available by the glass. Overall a great choice for a business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this Resturant!foodieDined on 3/15/2014Ribs!!! They truly are the best in the city, and the shoe cut fries are my favourite as well. The only downfall is the ribs are so amazing I haven't tried any of the other entrees yet :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Positive ExperienceDougDined on 3/6/2014This was my first time dining at Baton Rouge. I have heard mixed reviews from family members but my personal experience was fantastic. The atmosphere was great. Our warm greeting was inviting! Our order was taken in a timely manner and our food was delivered in a proper time span. The dishes that we ordered we fantastic. The dessert menu was viewed but was declined due to a satisfied belly. I will visit Baton Rouge again and will certainly recommend it to others. Thank you to all for making our night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something From NothingMortimerVIPDined on 2/21/2014Had a great dinner with our two teenagers. A slight miss on our meals was caught by the waiter before serving. His response and management's made an everyday fun night into something noteworthy. We were overwhelmed by the efficiency and gracious attitude with which the issue was resolved. We always tell our kids that the mistake isn't the issue, it's how it's deal with it that really matters and the restaurant gave a gold medal demo. We went away very pleased and plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was great, made aOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Service was great, made a reservation and ended up there early and our table was ready. Was not a fan of the Cesar salad, but the ribs were amazing!! Will definitely go again.Special Features:
- Good but not greatAtomhackerDined on 2/14/2014We visited Baton Rouge for Valentines day. They had a predefined menu to pick from for the evening. We started off with a calamari and a caesar salad. This is where my gripes are. They were both bland and nothing special. I have had better at several restaurants in the Halifax area. With that out of the way, now onto the good. I had the prime rib which I have had at other Baton's before and just as in my previous experiences, the meats are exceptional. The beer and wine selection is plentiful. Overall Baton Rouge is a great place to try in Halifax. The environment is very unique as it is in a heritage building. My only recommendation is steer clear of the calamari and caesar as you will most probably be left disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good value for moneyPatrickDined on 2/14/2014Went for a family supper and my daughter described the food as delicious. Service was great and the ambience was comfortable. I would recommend for a decent value for dollar meal in downtown Halifax. Getting into the restaurant if you approach from the North side can be difficult. The traffic is quite hazardous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night dinnerPoseidonDined on 1/10/2014I had not been to Baton Rouge before, but it it was on my list to check it out. I liked the look of the restaurant, in an historic building near the Halifax waterfront. Our waitress was friendly, helpful, and very good. Excellent menu and a adequate wine list - it would have been nice to see one or more of the local mini-breweries represented on the draft beer list. Our party enjoyed the ribs and shrimp - which were excellent. We did not have dessert, but the selection looked good. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great time , staff alsoOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013Had a great time , staff also were great and I love the food. Thanks and Happy New YearsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2013I enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere, Service was very good, staff was attentive. There were 4 people at my table and we each had a different meal, each one was well prepared.Special Features:
- Good Ribs!rontetDined on 9/28/2013Baton Rouge is a carnivore's delight. There is fish on the menu, but you go here for pork ribs, roast beef, and steaks. The ribs are marinated in their sauce, not just coated at the last minute, making them tender and flavorful. Also it's open til 11 or so, later than a lot of other downtown restaurants.Special Features:
- Most enjoyable.TimbromDined on 9/27/2013My wife and I dined here in late September and had a very pleasant evening. Service was friendly and efficient, (notwithstanding that the place was very busy at peak hour on a Friday) and the food excellent. My steak was unmistakably well aged, and my wife's "fall of the bone" ribs, as advertised. There is a good selection of beer and wine available and not as expensive as is the norm in Halifax. Decor is warm and snug, with most tables being in booths on the upper floor. Thoroughly recommended for most occasions and group size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a family reunion luncheonGeeWestDined on 9/5/2013We had a family reunion luncheon at Baton Rouge Halifax. We had one young child, and the staff were outstanding. They made special arrangements for the baby; and they treated the rest of us like royalty. Wonderful in every way! Please thank the staff. GeeWestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my husband and I went forSTAGDined on 8/29/2013my husband and I went for dinner her for our anniversary with great friends last October and really enjoyed it! Went to Matchbox 20 concert last week and this was my first choice for dinner before concert! did not disappoint!Special Features:
- Terrible, overpriced & indifferentOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/7/2013We eat out 6-7 times weekly. Offered seating across from the washrooms and kitchen door although restaurant was 75% empty Restaurant is prison like - no ambience because of high walls in booths. Dinner rolls were basic, hard - thoughtless.. Returned the sloppily poured carelessly presented orange wallpaper paste AKA Lobster Bisque after one taste. Worst I have ever had. Server was indifferent. Miniature side Caesar salad had good institutional dressing but the romaine was thoughtlessly torn in sizes from 1 cm to 6 inches. Waitress told me I wouldn't be charged for the bisque as if that was a special courtesy - impression was that we were probably too fussy. Sweet potato fries - dry & institutional , ribs very good but too late.
- Two girlfriends from NewfoundlandOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/29/2013Two girlfriends from Newfoundland were visiting and we diecided to go to Baton Rouge. We were close to the supper hour but only had a lighter meal..It was lovely and larger than expected...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gatheringOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2013Perfect mid range dining experience for groups, friends or work get togethers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We ate there twice in twoOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013We ate there twice in two days. It was wonderful, the food was amazing.Special Features:
- I reserved a table for 2 andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012I reserved a table for 2 and also had flowers delivered to our table. Staff are amazingly friendly, and very professional. This was also some of the best food I've had in a long time!Special Features:
- Bad timing. Great steaks.TimbromDined on 12/28/2012Dined here en famille between Christmas and New Year. Not really fair to comment on ambience, which was somewhat lacking, given the time of year, so we'll be going back at a more amenable season. Food wise, the steaks were excellent, as were the chicken and salmon chosen by the distaff side. Wines were good, and not the usual crazy Halifax price, which is a big selling point in itself. Service was fast, efficient and unobtrusive. Might have been worth turning the interaction up a notch, given how quiet things were, but it's a delicate art. Parking will always be the restaurant's bane, courtesy of HRM's lack of planning, but there's usually some available, at a price. Might be a major snag on summer, however.
- Nicely located in a historicOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2012Nicely located in a historic downtown building, within walking distance to Casino NS and other downtown attractions. Although I always try to avoid "chain restaurants", I've got to admit that Bâton Rouge has some of the best ribs in town. I had the ribs & chicken tenders with a side of garlic mashed potatoes. Excellent! For those who associate Chicken Tenders with a kids' meal - think again! Service was fast and efficient, and our waiter came by to check on us regularly during the meal. Food was served hot. One member of our party ordered a ribeye steak medium, and says it was spot-on. Overall, a decent meal and the price is similar to what you'd find in other chain steakhouses (i.e. The Keg).Special Features: