Baton Rouge Front Street
277 Front Street W
Toronto, ON M5V 2X4Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
Baton Rouge Front Street
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.batonrougetoronto.com/
- Phone: 4165936620
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Everyday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Everyday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Baton Rouge can reserve space for up to 100 people for a party or corporate function.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 416-593-6620
- Entertainment: Located adjacent to the Metro Convention Center, CN Tower and Rogers Center.
A word from Baton Rouge Front Street
Bâton Rouge is always a satisfying experience, from our great food to our relaxing atmosphere. Whether you’re enjoying an intimate dinner for two meeting up with friends or coming together as a family, Bâton Rouge promises perfection in both the restaurant experience and your dining pleasure. Our signature, fall of the bone ribs are rivaled only by our tender AAA Sterling Silver cuts of beef. Enjoy fresh fish or perfectly aged steak cooked over a real wood fire. Our diverse menu offers crisp salads, delicious starters and sweet desserts. Our meals are prepared with fresh, quality ingredients sure to satisfy your appetite.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Baton Rouge Front Street reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (19)special occasion (10)great for lunch (8)fit for foodies (7)kid-friendly (4)romantic (4)hot spot (3)neighborhood gem (3)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Love this placeMelJDVIPDined on 10/12/2014Great food and service! Went here for Thanksgiving with my Husband and we had a delicious meal. I love their ribs and potato soup! Cant wait to go back!Special Features:
- Amazing food!!Jaysfan82Dined on 8/31/20144 of us ate here and everything was delicious. Amazing service and food. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise LunchKrinDined on 8/15/2014We had a nice and comfortable corner of the restaurant where we got some natural in while having our lunch. It was a great spot since we were trying to surprise our friend for his birthday. All our meals tasted great and I would definitely return to try more dishes. Service was well-timed and friendly.Special Features:
- Decent EatsFoodieDined on 8/12/2014Took my lady friend on a date here on a Tuesday evening; enjoyed the atmosphere, as it was not a weekend it was not very busy at all. Somehow we ended up waiting 25 minutes for dessert... to find out they forgot to pick it up and bring it to our table. They switched waiters on us with no notice, usually they at least introduce themselves and advise that they will be taking over. Ultimately, not a big deal. Food was alright, had the lobster risotto, not to my liking, she had the ribs (sides of coleslaw and fries) coleslaw was good, fries were alright. would recommend trying the place out, perhaps ona weekend when busier?Special Features:
- Quick serviceluv2dineDined on 8/7/2014We had tickets for the aquarium and were on limited time. We ordered and food came out quick and hot.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Overall good experience but was 7mins late and almost didn't honour our reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeceptionJP55Dined on 7/26/2014The Prime Rib, the specialty and what I usually take, was cold and hard to bite, the baked potatoe only half-baked, the wine I had selected was not available either - generally speaking quite frankly the overall experience was not close to what I would call a decent plate and experience. I have been to Baron Rouge many times over the years - last Saturday was not what I have been accustomed to. I had used Open Table to make the reservation as I normally do but I will select another restaurant from now on as I do travel to Toronto very often for business.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceAmazing10starDined on 7/9/2014We went here before a concert. Our food was great as well as the service. No complaints. The menu had lots to choose from with excellent variety.Special Features:
- It's okLuvgoodfoodDined on 7/9/2014Food was just ok. But the service was very good. Very welling to help & improve anything we were not happy with.Special Features:
- Had a good timejenandnickDined on 7/1/2014We recently had dinner at the Baton Rouge on Front Street. The food was very good, I had a salad and my husband had one of the burgers (he loved it). The spinach dip was just ok, very oily and goopy not very creamy. Their wine selection by the glass was not very extensive but very pricy. We asked for a quiet area and we got one which was nice, and the young lady serving us was very timely and polite. The location is perfect if you downtown, in the aquarium or Rogers Centre area. I would definitely recommend it to someone looking for a good place to eat.Special Features:
- Great after-the-game-spotStonesthrowDined on 6/29/2014This is only steps from the Rogers Centre so it is a great spot to get a good meal (versus the typical pub fare that is available at most places in the area). Good appetizers - but some could be marked for sharing while others are strictly enough for one). Service is helpful (although a little rushed). Overall, a great place with reliable food and ideal location if going to a game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food up to par, service?OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/28/2014Will go back to the Eaten Centre location as they seem to have it "all" together.
- JustsayinDined on 6/26/2014Service was good. The food was pretty good except the cesear salad. The booths were comfortable, but the temperature was too warm and we had fruit flys flying around us while we were eating.
- The following 146 reviews are from the Baton Rouge Front Street reviews archive.
- tick tock..slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014I would not come to this location again especially if I have tickets for a game or a show. I would not make it to the events downtown at the rate of the service. Appetizer was served cold but they made up for it in the main course.Special Features:
- Nice ServiceAmesVIPDined on 6/15/2014Our waitress was very nice and ambience was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Microwave dinner quality foodmosfet32Dined on 6/14/2014Saturday night, prime dinner time in the heart of downtown Toronto and the place is totally dead. That should be the first warning sign. The food is certainly not freshly prepared. All food was cold or at on the cool side. Not hot. Calamari was artificial. Rubbery and cold. One steak ordered medium rare was cold and raw. literally cold to the touch. Got a replacement that was acceptable. Two of us had garlic mashed potatoes. Cold and bland. Everything was very greasy, including the veggies... Soaked in oil. I've had way better meals at Applebee's or Fridays. My kid's ribs were great according to him The service was good and apologetic. Can't blame them for the food quality. Don't waste your time or money. better choices nearbySpecial Features:
- customer serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/8/2014The servers were very attentive -hostess most accomodating to our needsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great patioOysterboyDined on 6/7/2014Great patio. Steps from the CN Tower and Rogers Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OopsGeoffVIPDined on 6/6/2014Never actually got to the food as it took 50 minutes before we finally gave up waiting and cancelled our order so that we could make the game. For a restaurant right beside the baseball stadium, you think they'd be sensitive to the game time start.
- Mother's Day LunchJunior52Dined on 5/11/2014Fantastic food. Large portions. We really enjoyed it and would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great ribsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/10/2014Ordered the ribs with mashed potatoes. Meat fell off the bone!! Mashed potatoes were yummy!! Service was prompt and our waitress was a sweetheart! Would definitely dine here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RibsolivierDined on 3/29/2014Service was fast, hostess and waitress pleasant, food tasty. would return without hesitation. great location near CN tower, aquarium, Skydome and ACC.Special Features:
- Ice coldFulltummyDined on 3/22/2014Service was great , food was cold ,poorly timed and some meals were missing sides. When we received our Caesar salads they were just dry lettuce with croutons ,no bacon or cheese. We had taken 2 bites of our salad and our main courses came out . There were six of us half the meals were missing sides and they were all really cold. I will say you have the best fries EVER.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodNiceViewVIPDined on 3/8/2014We had great food and great service. The food does come out very fast though. My husband ordered an appetizer and it arrived at our table 2 minutes later. We ended up waiting 20 minutes before ordering the main course and as expected, it too camp out within 5 minutes. I think its great that this place offers a quick service but we weren't looking to be rushed out the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine MenuRochBDined on 3/3/2014We wanted to drink red wine, but many bottles were not available on the list. By three time I had to change my choice because sold out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealdatenightDined on 3/1/2014We had a great time at Baton Rouge. The food was very good, and reasonably priced. Dessert portions were very small for the cost, but delicious anyway. I'd definitely recommend this place, especially if you love ribs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014Birthday celebration with family. Service and food were horrible. Will not go back or recommend this place. Can't believe places like this are in business. Horrible.
- Dinner for 2WoodsyDined on 2/14/2014We were taken to the upsatirs portion of the restaurant into a section held for tables of two. When we got there, there was one other man at a table and we were seated right behind him with all these other 2 person tables available. No big deal, but I didn't find it necessary to be sat right behind him with other tables available. The wait staff was friendly and accommodating. We ordered 2 caesar salads that came out no more than 1 minute later which meant "made in mass quantities" All in all, it was a good dinner. The only suggestion would be to not rush the courses so much.. Funny, the only time there was no rush, was when we were brought the bill.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Acceptable foods, needs more CajuntorontodinerDined on 2/14/2014With a name like Baton Rouge one might expect to see Jambalaya, Seafood Gumbo, and other less Cajun but southern hospitalities like rice and beans and Tex-mex fajitas. Instead the menu gives acceptable but bland options. Seared tuna salad was enjoyed by one of our party, and many others had burgers. If you want predictable, North American fare like you would have found 40 years ago at many restaurants you will be well served by courteous wait staff in a great location. If you also would like some spicy or authentic southern food, you would want to look elsewhere.Special Features:
- Don't expect much and you're fineCrimsonTigerDined on 2/13/2014Perfectly average place...except food was sub-par. Side salad arrived completely without dressing. Waitress didn't check in on it until I was done eating it. Main was the Filet Mignon which was done correctly (med rare) but apparently if you're nor ordering fries or potatoes you've confused the cooks because my side veggies were so sparse, poorly steamed, bland, and weak (two slivers of carrot, two tufts of cauliflower and a few incompletely cut pieces of broccoli is pathetic for a proper steakhouse) I was shocked...and this was almost 35 bucks?! I was out for business with colleagues and didn't care to spoil the flow of my meeting with complaints. But I wouldn't go back again at that level of quality...lots of other options nearby.Special Features:
- RibsStevenDined on 2/5/2014I never liked ribs before I tried the ones at Baton Rouge. I'm not sure if it was because I was starving or not but the ribs were outstanding and complemented the brewery product I was imbibing at the time, perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 course mealjomckDined on 1/18/2014The 3 course meal we had at Baton Rouge wad fantastic. The appetizer was a large portion (nachos with spinach dip). You could have it for 4 people. The ribs were great ad expected. The trio cheesecake was delicious. Our server was polite, helpful, and frequently checked to see how we were enjoying our meal. This was a great location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome service especiallyIlovediamondsDined on 1/10/2014Awesome service especially from our waitress. She was a pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- above my expectationscjg14Dined on 1/9/2014Very nice overall, great setting and the ribs are the best ive had. I wanted to treat the special girl in my life and as long as she's happy i am!! she loved it and we will definitely be back. Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphere- good experiencePaulMDined on 1/8/2014Nice atmosphere. Better than I expected. Next to CN tower and Convention Center. VERY spicy jambalaya soup but I like that sort of thing. Weekday evening meant we had the place mostly to ourselves. Parking in the area is expensive. I would take guests there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great againhoneybeeVIPDined on 1/8/2014Have eaten at Baton rouge in many locations, and the food & service are consistently good. 1 of us had ribs this visit and they were "fall-off-the-bone" tender and basted in a delicious sauce. Their prix-fixe menu ($25 for appetizer, entrée & dessert) was excellent value. Service was great --- we only had 1 hour to eat as we were heading to a b-ball game, and made it with time to spare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food servers uninterestedjumbojimDined on 12/31/2013Both of us enjoyed our meals. I wouldn't say the service was bad but we were left unattended for long periods of time and we both got the feeling that they wished they were somewhere else. It was New Years eve but it wasn't busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were seated right by theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013We were seated right by the door. To be honest no one wants to sit there, there shouldn't even be seats by the door. As people come in you feel the cold draft. Everytime a waiter vame to out table it was someone different, we had no idea which one was our waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYEFood4allDined on 12/31/2013Overall it's decent. The steaks and ribs were delicious. The service cordial. Decor is outdated. But the food came out so fast that we could have be in and out in 40 mins. Not what we had in mind for a New Year's Eve dinner. The fried calamari was terrible..tasted freezer burnt, chewy and greasy... YuckSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very goodcatjean63Dined on 12/27/2013We went here before going to hockey game. We got there @545. Despite restaurant not being full, i found service to be a little slow. We didn't get out of there till after 7. We had to ask for cutlery only one place setting for a table for 4. Waiter was polite enough although a little quiet, hard to hear. We would go back again. Also i was still eating a little, picking at the plate at the end and it was taken away before i was actually done. We've gone to other locations were we've had a better experience. Like i say food very good, ribs were fabulous!Special Features: